Digital Sound Factory has announced the release of the Steinway Grand Piano and Yamaha Grand Piano for Native Instruments Kontakt 5+.
Digital Sound Factory’s Steinway Model L (5’10”) Grand Piano for Kontakt.
Steinway Pianos have set an uncompromising standard for sound, touch, and beauty requiring up to one full year to handcraft. With a natural sounding wooden resonant tone and very long sustain, this Grand Piano contains over two gigabytes of pedal up, pedal down, key up, and pedal harmonics.
The Yamaha C7 (7’6″) is part of the Conservatory Concert Collection and is built using high quality materials and careful production process. This collection contains over two gigabytes of pedal up, pedal down, key up, and pedal harmonics.
The piano libraries are available to purchase for the introductory price of $39.95 USD each (regular $59.95 USD).
More information: Digital Sound Factory
Cakewalk has announced the release of SONAR X1b, an update for the digital audio workstation for Windows.
The X1b update includes new features, enhancements, and fixes that round off the already exceptional new SONAR X1 digital audio workstation. Since SONAR X1′s release in December, we have been monitoring user response and feedback very closely in order to provide swift improvements where possible. X1b also offers additional support for the V-Studio 700 and V-Studio 20 Control Surfaces.
Plus: When you upgrade to SONAR X1 you also get two FREE Digital Sound Factory sound packs: Rapture Compilation and Sound Center Compilation ($50 value). These will automatically be added to your SONAR X1 download. Special offer ends March 31st.
SONAR X1b is now available as a free download to all registered SONAR X1 customers.
More information: Cakewalk / SONAR X1
Cakewalk has announced the release of several Sound Center Expansion Packs, sound libraries for the Cakewalk Sound Center.
Digital Sound Factory has created a library of high-quality expansion packs for Cakewalk Sound Center (included in SONAR X1, Music Creator 5, and Production Plus Pack 3). To celebrate the release of these packs, we are offering a special introductory of price of only $19.95/£14.95/€19.95 for each pack (regularly $29.95/£24.95/€29.95).
Sound Center Expansion Packs features
- Steinway Grand Piano – The Steinway Grand is one of the most classic grand pianos ever produced. Built with the best materials acquired, Steinway pianos create a rich full sound like none others. This beautiful Steinway Model L includes multiple layers matched for the ultimate realism. Each sample was reviewed, and the best were assembled to create this grand piano for Cakewalk’s Sound Center. As a result of this process, this natural sounding piano will work in any track mix. (10 Programs).
- Vintage Keyboards – Vintage Keyboards delivers the keyboard sounds that defined popular music in the ’60s, ’70s and ’80s including the Hammond B-3 organ, Rhodes and Wurlitzer EP to legendary analog and digital synthesizers like the ARP 2600 and CP70, Vintage Keyboards gives you an all-in-one, no-compromise collection of over 30 classic keyboards meticulously sampled from the finest vintage instruments available. (220 Programs).
- World Instruments – World Instruments represents an array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe. African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will color musical compositions with old world harmonic textures. This collection brings inspiring elements that weave the old world into the new world. (109 Programs).
More information: Cakewalk
Cakewalk has announced the release of two new Digital Sound Factory packs for its Dimension LE and Dimension Pro synthesizers.
New DSF titles
- DSF Volume 11: Atmospheric Energy — Combines a unique set of waveforms and interesting programming making these sounds fresh for all styles of composition, while its pads and textures provide a great ambient bed, and a unique set of leads to embellish melodies.
- DSF Volume 12: UltraModern Synthesizers — features a large palette of crisp harmonic waveforms designed for the modern musician. Over 400 Hard cutting edgy leads, synth basses, pads, and modern synthesizers await your command.
DSF Volume 11 & 12 are available to purchase from the Cakewalk Online shop for $59.95 USD each.
More information: Cakewalk / Digital Sound Factory
Digital Sound Factory has released E-MU Proteus Pack for Kontakt, a sample library featuring over 3,500 instruments from the original Proteus hardware.
E-MU Proteus Pack features
- Proteus 2000 — In 1999, Proteus 2000 was introduced with 128 note polyphony and 4 sound ROM expansion slots totaling 128 mb, The sound set became a combination of many of the Emulator sample libraries covering a vast amount of instruments required for most compositions. There are over 1000 programs included with Proteus 2000. Sounds from the Proteus 2000 can be heard on numerous recordings of music, sound tracks, and advertisements.
- Virtuoso — Virtuoso was recorded at Benaroya Hall in downtown Seattle. Various size string sections and styles were captured, including legato, pizzicato, detache, tremolande, and trills. Using 4 pairs of high quality microphones, the players were recorded both on stage and in the hall to capture the ambience from the audience position. Included are string sections, solo strings, woodwinds, brass, & percussion. In addition to the hall recordings, sections of 5 players were recorded in the studio to allow for ambient effects to be added later.
- Planet Earth — Planet Earth represents an arsonal of exotic world instruments. Recorded by legendary sound designer Ed Mann (Frank Zappa), this set works with just about any style of music. The wind instruments from Egypt and India were from the California Institute for the Arts and the string instruments were from a private collector. All instruments were recorded with a stereo pair of mid capsule multi pattern microphones. Planet Earth’s Bonsuri, Muted Domora, and Djembe can be heard nightly on the Discovery Channel, A& E, and numerous advertisements.
- Mo’ Phatt — Mo’ Phatt says it all when is comes to phatt hip hop tracks. The kits and basses are processed to the max, making them completely usable right out of the box. Guitar wahs, various hits, cool keys, and great pads make this the go to sound set. Mo’ Phatt has become widely accepted and is heard all over the charts in numerous hit records, movies, and games. With over 500 programs, Mo’ Phatt will take your tracks to a whole new level.
- Xtreme Lead-1 — Xtreme Lead-1 is a cutting sound set with edgy synths, lots of filters, and punch. Included are a massive amount of synths, both analog and digital, perfect for everything from the hard core to glitter sounds peppered into the mix. There are also great drums, percussion, chord clusters, hits, and effects. Xtreme has over 500 great programs.
- Vintage Pro — Vintage Pro covers the full range of classic analog keyboards from the 70′s, 80′s, & 90′s. Included are the Rhodes & Wurly EP’s, Hammond B-3, Mellotron, ARP, Moog, Oberheim, Roland, and more. This collection is timeless and will get you through just about any gig!!!
The E-MU Proteus Pack for Kontakt 3 & 4 is available to purchase for $249 USD. Individual Expansion Packs also available.
More information: Digital Sound Factory / E-MU Proteus Pack for Kontakt