Digital Sound Factory has released a comprehensive downloadable collection of sounds for Cakewalk Dimension LE and Pro. Each expansion pack utilizes the synthesis capabilities of Dimension and offers a vast amount of program variations.
Cakewalk Dimension LE/Pro Expansion Packs
- Volume 01 Grand Piano — Features multi-velocity Conservatory Yamaha Grand played on countless recordings at Open Path Studios, San Jose, California.
- Volume 02 Classic Keys — This includes all the great electronic keyboards and synths from the 70s, 80s & 90s. This collection features Rhodes and Wurlizter EP’s, Clavinet, B-3. Mellotron, OB-Xa, Prophet, Moog, Jupiter, Juno, and many others.
- Volume 03 Vocal Expressions — This pack features men only, women only, and men and women combinations of “ooh’s,” “ahh’s,” “doo’s,” “mmm,” and vocal effects. Also includes vocal snips, beat box, Mellotron men’s, women, & boys choirs, and synth waveform choirs.
- Volume 04 Ensoniq ASR/TS/EPS — This is the original collection that started it all. The legendary Ensoniq sampler expansion pack includes all the production content from the ASR, TS-10, and EPS samplers remastered for Dimension.
- Volume 05 Studio Orchestra — Section/Solo Strings, Woodwinds, Brass, Percussion, Harp, Grand Piano, Choir, Mellotron, and synthesizers make up this unique collection. The sounds are fresh, yet aged to perfection, and will work great in any mix.
- Volume 06 Old World Instruments — An array of strings, winds, and percussion instruments from around the globe, including African melodic and percussion, Chinese and India winds, Russian strings, and steel percussion instruments will help color your musical compositions with old world harmonic textures.
- Volume 07 Acoustic Kits — This expansion pack contains six complete drum kits recorded in professional studios. Gretsch, Yamaha, DW, Pearl, Ludwig, and Tama drum kits and percussion are multi-velocity layered to playback like the real kits.
- Volume 08 Guitars & Basses — A collection of Telecaster, Stratocaster, Les Paul, Steel String, Nylon String, Fender Bass, and more that will take your music to new levels.
- Volume 09 1500 Instruments Mega Pack — This is a massive collection of pop, hip-hop, electronica, world, orchestral, and sound effects. It’s a must-have expansion that will give you instant go-to sounds.
- Volume 10 Hollywood Sound Effects — This vast assortment of sound effects was culled from the libraries of professional sound effects gurus. These sounds have been used in motion pictures, TV, and commercials. Themes include Science Fiction, Ambient, Animals, Transportation, Water, and more.
The Expansion Packs are available to download with prices ranging from $29.95 to $149.00 USD.
More information: Digital Sound Factory
Digital Sound Factory has announced the release of E-MU Proteus 2000 for Reason, a ReFill featuring the sounds of the Proteus 2000 hardware unit.
The Proteus 2000 was a reincarnation of the economical Proteus rack module series of the early nineties. While its synthesis architecture was virtually the same as the original Proteus, the Proteus 2000 came packed with major new features, sounds and expandability for the most demanding professionals! It featured 128-voice polyphony and 32 MIDI channels and shipped with the ‘Composer’ soundset, offering 1,024 presets.
This SoundFont collection covers the whole spectrum of synthesizer type sounds, from real instruments to bizarre sounds and effects. There’s an immense amount of great sounds at your fingertips for any music application!
Proteus 2000 ReFill features
- 1024 NN-XT’s & 1024 Combinators.
- 166 mb Refill – Bass, Drums, Percussion, Orchestral, Synth, Pads, Guitar, Piano, Vox, Woodwind, Brass.
The Proteus 2000 ReFill for Reason is available to purchase for $59.95 USD.
More information: Digital Sound Factory / E-MU Proteus 2000 ReFill
Cakewalk has updated Guitar Tracks Pro, the multitrack recording software for Windows PC.
Designed for guitarists and singer-songwriters, Guitar Tracks Pro 4 is the recording solution that takes your music from riff to hit! You get an amazing virtual guitar amp, a backing band of virtual instruments, precise editing tools, mixing console, over 2GB of sounds and effects, and more —for less than a few hours in the studio.
New features in Guitar Tracks Pro 4
- A simplified multi-track recorder interface makes it easy to record, edit and mix your music.
- Create, edit and print your own notation and tablature; an included fret-board view makes it easy to match notes to the guitar neck.
- A suite of pro effects including Cakewalk’s Boost 11 Peak Limiter and Native Instrument’s Guitar Rig 3 LE to give you an arena sized sound right in your own studio.
- Over 2GB of audio loops and samples spanning rock, blues, country, and bluegrass from Smart Loops™, Digital Sound Factory™, and Groove Monkee™.
- Perfect your chops with a collection of Guitar World instructional videos featuring: Steve Morse, Dave Mustaine, Jimmy Herring, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, and others..
- Play along with loops recorded by world class drummers including: John Blackwell (Justin Timberlake, Prince), Jerry Marotta (Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel), Nick D’Virgilio (Genesis, Tears for Fears), Ed Greene (Steely Dan, Barry White) and Danny Gottlieb (Sting, Pat Metheny Group) courtesy of Sonic Reality™.
- Burn CDs and upload your finished projects directly to the web with Cakewalk Publisher; share your music with friends and family on websites, blogs or social networking sites.
Guitar Tracks Pro 4 is available at a retail price of $99 USD.
Guitar Tracks Pro USB (retail $149 USD) includes a portable, high quality audio interface, the UA-1G. Optimized for guitarists, the UA-1G features a special 1/4” jack with Hi-Z option for recording and 24-bit/96-kHZ Stereo I/O for playback.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.
Digital Sound Factory has released E-MU Modular SoundFont, a soundfont recreation of the sounds of the E-mu Modular.
Famous for its remarkable stability, E-MU’s Modular System was sturdier and would stay in tune much longer than the synthesizers offered by Moog and ARP at the time. The E-MU Modular featured the world’s first microprocessor-controlled polyphonic keyboard and sequencer (control voltage, of course, as this was years before MIDI), which was also one of E-MU’s first patents.
The E-MU Modular SoundFont weighs 64 MB and includes 141 instruments. It is available for purchase now for $59.95 USD.
Visit Digital Sound Factory for more information and audio demos.
Digital Sound Factory has released Cakewalk Dimension Proteus Pack, a reissue of the original Proteus sample content for use with Cakewalk’s Dimension Pro and Dimension LE synthesizers.
Using the advanced parameters available in Cakewalk’s Dimension synthesizer, these new instrument programs were perfectly matched and tuned to the original hardware products.
The E-MU Proteus Pack consists of over 3,500 immediately useable, go-to sound programs, perfect for any style of music you can imagine. And when you combine them with the infinite synthesis options of Dimension, they also provide the perfect springboards for custom sonic creations.
E-MU Proteus Pack includes: Proteus 2000 – Multi-Purpose Professional Sounds, Mo’ Phatt – Hip Hop/Urban, Xtreme Lead 1 – Dance/Electronica, Planet Earth – World, Virtuoso 2000 – Orchestral, and PX-7 – Drums/Percussion.
Cakewalk Dimension Proteus Pack is available for $299 (free shipping US, $20.00 for international locations). When you register this product, you will recieve a FREE Dimension LE sound player that will run on the Mac and PC.
Visit Digital Sound Factory for more information.