Cakewalk has updated Guitar Tracks Pro, the multitrack recording software for Windows PC.
Designed for guitarists and singer-songwriters, Guitar Tracks Pro 4 is the recording solution that takes your music from riff to hit! You get an amazing virtual guitar amp, a backing band of virtual instruments, precise editing tools, mixing console, over 2GB of sounds and effects, and more —for less than a few hours in the studio.
New features in Guitar Tracks Pro 4
- A simplified multi-track recorder interface makes it easy to record, edit and mix your music.
- Create, edit and print your own notation and tablature; an included fret-board view makes it easy to match notes to the guitar neck.
- A suite of pro effects including Cakewalk’s Boost 11 Peak Limiter and Native Instrument’s Guitar Rig 3 LE to give you an arena sized sound right in your own studio.
- Over 2GB of audio loops and samples spanning rock, blues, country, and bluegrass from Smart Loops™, Digital Sound Factory™, and Groove Monkee™.
- Perfect your chops with a collection of Guitar World instructional videos featuring: Steve Morse, Dave Mustaine, Jimmy Herring, Paul Gilbert, Joe Bonamassa, and others..
- Play along with loops recorded by world class drummers including: John Blackwell (Justin Timberlake, Prince), Jerry Marotta (Paul McCartney, Peter Gabriel), Nick D’Virgilio (Genesis, Tears for Fears), Ed Greene (Steely Dan, Barry White) and Danny Gottlieb (Sting, Pat Metheny Group) courtesy of Sonic Reality™.
- Burn CDs and upload your finished projects directly to the web with Cakewalk Publisher; share your music with friends and family on websites, blogs or social networking sites.
Guitar Tracks Pro 4 is available at a retail price of $99 USD.
Guitar Tracks Pro USB (retail $149 USD) includes a portable, high quality audio interface, the UA-1G. Optimized for guitarists, the UA-1G features a special 1/4” jack with Hi-Z option for recording and 24-bit/96-kHZ Stereo I/O for playback.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.
Digital Sound Factory has released E-MU Modular SoundFont, a soundfont recreation of the sounds of the E-mu Modular.
Famous for its remarkable stability, E-MU’s Modular System was sturdier and would stay in tune much longer than the synthesizers offered by Moog and ARP at the time. The E-MU Modular featured the world’s first microprocessor-controlled polyphonic keyboard and sequencer (control voltage, of course, as this was years before MIDI), which was also one of E-MU’s first patents.
The E-MU Modular SoundFont weighs 64 MB and includes 141 instruments. It is available for purchase now for $59.95 USD.
Visit Digital Sound Factory for more information and audio demos.
Digital Sound Factory has released Cakewalk Dimension Proteus Pack, a reissue of the original Proteus sample content for use with Cakewalk’s Dimension Pro and Dimension LE synthesizers.
Using the advanced parameters available in Cakewalk’s Dimension synthesizer, these new instrument programs were perfectly matched and tuned to the original hardware products.
The E-MU Proteus Pack consists of over 3,500 immediately useable, go-to sound programs, perfect for any style of music you can imagine. And when you combine them with the infinite synthesis options of Dimension, they also provide the perfect springboards for custom sonic creations.
E-MU Proteus Pack includes: Proteus 2000 – Multi-Purpose Professional Sounds, Mo’ Phatt – Hip Hop/Urban, Xtreme Lead 1 – Dance/Electronica, Planet Earth – World, Virtuoso 2000 – Orchestral, and PX-7 – Drums/Percussion.
Cakewalk Dimension Proteus Pack is available for $299 (free shipping US, $20.00 for international locations). When you register this product, you will recieve a FREE Dimension LE sound player that will run on the Mac and PC.
Visit Digital Sound Factory for more information.
, Digital Sound Factory
, Hip hop
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 20, 2007
Cakewalk has released the E-MU Proteus Pack, a collection of original Proteus sample content reissued by Digital Sound Factory, for use with Cakewalk’s Dimension Pro and Dimension LE synthesizers.
E-MU Proteus Pack features
- Proteus 2000: a vast array of instruments used in film, TV, and commercial scores.
- Mo’ Phatt: the original Hip Hop sound generator.
- Xtreme Lead 1: diverse set of cutting edge synthesizers and percussion.
- Planet Earth: collection of authentic world instruments and percussion.
- Virtuoso 2000: get string (section and solo), woodwind, brass, and percussion sounds at your fingertips that preserve the natural sound of these high quality acoustic instruments.
- PX-7: multi-layered acoustic drum kits along with an in-depth percussion ensemble.
- Over 3,500 different patches.
The packs have a list price of $99 ($79 for download version) each. They are compatible with Dimension Pro, Dimension LE, SONAR 7 Studio and Producer Edition, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, Project5 Version 2.5, Dimension LE and Garritan Pocket Orchestra.
If you don’t own a compatible product but want to get access to these sounds, you can get Dimension LE and 500 patches free when you register the E-MU Proteus Pack or any of the individual sound modules (time-limited offer).
Visit Cakewalk for more information and sound examples.
The Digital Sound Factory has acquired exclusive license to both re-format (SoundFont) existing instrument libraries created for E-mu and Creative Labs platforms, and to create brand new libraries from the wealth of recording sessions initially conducted by Timothy Swartz (a 20-year veteran producer of the E-mu Systems and Creative Technologies LTD sound libraries) that have never seen the light of day.
DSF libraries provide the opportunity to experience and use these world-renown sounds regardless of your current computer platform.
Digital Sound Factory’s current library counts over 10,000 instruments. Prices range from $14.95 to $69.95. Available titles include Mo Phatt, Dance Factory, and Proteus 2000.
A Free Sample Pack including 92 instruments contained in other Digital Sound Factory products is available for download.
Visit Digital Sound Factory for more information.
Cakewalk has released two new expansion packs: Biolabs Volume 1 (Rapture) and Digital Sound Factory Volume 1 (Dimension).
Biolabs Volume 1 is a new Rapture Expansion Pack containing 250 programs skillfully programmed by Biomechanoid. The Expansion Pack includes a 230 MB sample library hand selected by BiolabsAudio for use with Rapture’s sfz Expression Engine.
Biolabs Volume 1 features
- Pads: a large set of evolving pads useful for a wide range of styles and situations
- Atmospheres: useful for underlying elements, atmospheres, textures, excellent for providing background ambience to any track
- Instruments: a set of acoustic instrument emulations that expose harmonics, timbres, and fx that have never been heard
- Bass: deep and dark bass sounds
- Leads & Synth: a selection of leads and solo sounds that break sonic barriers
- SFX: a diverse spectrum of unusual sound effects useful for intros, outros, and other transitions
- Rhythmics: a set focused on hyperactive sequences, containing tempo synced elements and effects
Digital Sound Factory Volume 1 is a new Dimension Pro Expansion Pack that highlights a completely new Grand Piano. The new expansion pack includes over 200 new presets expertly programmed by sound designer Timothy Swartz. This set packs 520MB of new content professionally recorded and engineered from a finely crafted Yamaha Conservatory Grand Piano. Multiple velocities of pedal up, pedal down, and key up were recorded to preserve the acoustic harmonic content, resulting in unmatched realism and playability.
Digital Sound Factory Volume 1 features
- Recorded with Audio-Technica 4060 microphones into Universal Audio 2-610 tube preamplifiers
- High quality analog to digital signal processors were used to convert the sound into 32 bit, 96 kilohertz digital format
- Using the power of the sfz format, parameters such as footswitch (CC64) will switch between pedal up and pedal down layers, and note off triggers switch to the actual sound of the piano’s key release
- The library includes ten different banks of sounds: Grand Piano, Electric Pianos, Guitars, Layers, Orchestral, Organs, Pads, Splits, Synth Basses, and Synths
Both Expansion Packs cost $59 each (download).
Visit Cakewalk for more information and audio demos.