DigiTech as introduced the Live 5, the newest addition to the Vocalist product line.
The Live 5 is designed to provide guitarists with the most intuitive, user-friendly, vocal effects and harmony processor available. The pedal will give artists the ability to effortlessly create full, natural sounding 5 part vocal harmonies.
The Live 5 combines studio-quality audio performance, state-of-the-art vocal processing, and an easy-to-use control interface to add up to four independent voices of harmony to a lead vocal to create a full five-part harmony. The Live 5 has Gender Control that gives each harmonizing voice a masculine or feminine sound. Users can customize the natural sound of the harmonizing voices from loose to tight by adjusting the Humanize setting.
Vocalist Live 5 features
- Automatically follows your guitar chords to generate the correct vocal harmonies using musIQ™.
- Add up to 4 additional voices of harmony.
- Gender control allows you to give the harmonies a male and/or female voice.
- Humanize adjusts the natural sound of the harmonies from loose to tight.
- Adjustable/Natural sounding, real-time pitch correction.
- Add different kinds of vocal effects from radio, delay, distortion, and more.
- Staggered button footswitch layout.
- 5 metal vacuum switches .
- Sturdy and durable black metal chassis.
- Bright, easy-to-read LED display.
- 100 Presets.
- A/B Patch per preset .
- A/B Patch footswitch.
- Built-in Guitar Tuner.
The Vocalist Live 5 is now shipping with an MSRP of $649.95 USD.
More information: Vocalist by Digitech / Live 5
Molten Voltage has released Molten MIDI 2, a programmable stompbox whammy controller.
Have you every wondered what your Whammy hears when it dreams?
Molten MIDI 2™ by Molten Voltage is a Programmable MIDI Stompbox that offers five new ways to control the Digitech Whammy 4™.
Molten MIDI 2 features
- Lets you hear notes that aren’t normally available on the Whammy. Sequence those notes into elegant harmonies and improbable riffs.
- Doubles as a synchronized or stand-alone MIDI Clock source for all your MIDI devices.
- Use it with your stock Digitech Whammy IV – no modifications required.
- Stores 15 programs at a time, that are created manually or using our computer-based Programming Utility.
- The Programmer lets you trade files and share favorite loops and settings.
- Programs are selected using the footswitches and are indicated using the Whammy’s own LEDs. The Whammy works normally when Molten MIDI 2 isn’t sending data.
- Programs can be up to 16 steps each, and come in 5 different flavors:
- Loop Portamento programs cycle through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions. “Portamento” means you hear the Whammy “slide” from one step to the next, rather than “jump”, as if the expression pedal is moving.
- Loop, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another, it “jumps”.
- Step Portamento programs step through sequences of virtual expression pedal positions each time the Step button is pressed. As the Whammy changes to a new “virtual” position, you hear it “slide” up or down to the new position.
- Step, No Portamento programs are just like the Portamento version, except Whammy doesn’t “slide” from one position to another each time Step is pressed, it “jumps”.
- Different Settings programs step through selected Whammy settings each time the Step button is pressed. The virtual position of the expression pedal is not affected.
- MIDI Sync — When configured in Whammy & Clock mode, Molten MIDI 2 sends synchronized MIDI Clock data whenever a Loop is playing. You can use the MIDI Clock output to control sequencers, drum machines, and other MIDI-based effects like the BOSS Slicer [SL-20].
- Sends parallel Program Change and Song Select data to keep all your MIDI devices on the same page.
- In Clock Only mode, Molten MIDI 2 works as a tap tempo MIDI Clock generator.
- Daisy chain your Whammy to the MIDI Thru on any other MIDI device that passes unchanged information appearing at its MIDI IN jack from Molten MIDI 2.
Molten MIDI 2 is available to purchase for $109 USD.
More information: Molten Voltage / Molten MIDI 2
DigiTech has introduced the JamMan Solo and JamMan Stereo, two new looper/phrase sampler pedals.
The JamMan Stereo features true stereo loops as well as reverse playback, making it perfect for playing backing tracks, while the JamMan Solo is designed for the guitarist or bassist looking for a full-featured looper in a compact form.
Both also feature the ability to store 35 minutes of CD-quality loops in 99 loops internally as well as having a SD memory card expansion slot, giving the artist the ability to store up to 16 hours of material in the JamMan Stereo and 48 hours of material in the JamMan Solo in an additional 99 slots.
The JamMan Solo and JamMan Stereo feature USB connectivity and will sync to DigiTech’s free JamManager™ software that organizes and saves your JamMan loops to a PC or Mac. The software also provides the user with the capability to create JamLists and have them available for use anytime.
More information: DigiTech / JamMan pedals