, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, Manny Marroquin
Posted in news
on Jan 25, 2013
At NAMM 2013, Waves has announced the upcoming release of the Manny Marroquin Signature Series Collection.
Waves Audio (booth 6824) announces the Manny Marroquin Signature Series Collection, custom plugins developed in collaboration with GRAMMY® Award-winning mix engineer Manny Marroquin (Rihanna, Maroon 5, Shakira).
The collection consists of six plugins: Delay, Reverb, EQ, Tonal Shaper, Distortion and Triple D (DeEsser, DeHarsher, DeBoxer).
Waves has also announced the GEQ Graphic Equalizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Developed primarily for live users (but sure to find a home in the studio as well), GEQ features selectable cut and boost at 1/3 octave intervals, using two unique filter types.
- Classic component with proportional Q.
- Modern component with independent non-interactive filter types.
- 30 ISO bands.
- 6 dB, 12 dB, 18 dB selectable cut & boost.
- Independent HPF, LPF and a parametric bell per side.
- Zero latency.
- 2 input RTA with external input options.
- RTA input difference mode with auto-suggest function.
- Link L/R.
- Touch Support with Fader Draw functionality.
The Manny Marroquin Signature Series Collection and GEQ Graphic Equalizer Plug-in will be available soon with pricing TBA.
More information: Waves
BOSS has announced three next-generation compact pedals featuring innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
Powered by this important new technology, the TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion, and MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals deliver an amazing range of dynamic and expressive sonic textures, providing guitarists an exciting new set of tools to dramatically expand their tonal range.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Roland TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion & MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals.
New BOSS pedals
- TE-2 Tera Echo — The TE-2 delivers amazing new ambience effects that go far beyond traditional reverb and delay processing. MDP produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. With simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible dynamic sensitivity, an extremely wide range of inspiring sounds can be achieved. In addition, the TE-2’s expressive Freeze function allows players to hold the current effect sound for lead backing and unique sound effects.
- DA-2 Adaptive Distortion — Unlike standard distortion pedals that process the entire guitar signal with a single effect, the MDP-powered DA-2 adapts the sound in real time to create the ideal tone for every register. The result is a rich, musical distortion that plays well all over the guitar neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs. With the power of MDP, the DA-2’s distortion is amazingly responsive to playing dynamics, and every note can be heard with high definition, even when playing two or more notes at the same time.
- MO-2 Multi Overtone — The MO-2 provides incredibly distinctive and expressive tones only possible with the magic of MDP. Using the guitar’s rich harmonic overtones as a starting point, the MO-2 builds completely unique sounds that enhance and thicken the normal tone. Three different modes offer diverse sound-shaping options, while the DETUNE knob unlocks a wide range of impressive modulation effects. From shimmery multi-string resonance to flute-like transparency to powerful textures reminiscent of organs and synths, the MO-2 brings a variety of all-new dynamic resonance characteristics to guitarists everywhere.
More information: Roland
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2013
Synthescience has released 18 new free effect plug-ins for Windows.
Synthescience.com webpage gets a full content update and now delivers 18!! more effects/processors plugins to join the two allready published synths, Prodigious & Poly 2106.
Taking a big jump from two to twenty free unrestricted full featured products was the best way we could find to mark our statement into this new year, now meet the new faces at products/effects processors area and hope you enjoy the looks & features, the synthescience team…
Delay Box is one of the 18 new free effect plug-ins by Synthescience.
New effect plug-ins
- Delay / Reverb effects: Delay Box, Freezechamber.
- Distortion / Lo-Fi effects: Drivefactor, Driveshaper, R-Sample Factor.
- Dynamics processors: Compressor Box, Limiter Box.
- Filter / EQ processors: 10 Band Graphic EQ, The Filtermate.
- Modulation effects: Chorus Box, Autopan Modulator, Autospread Box, Phaser Box, Phaser 2/8, Flanger Box, Symphonic Ensemble, Chorus+, Slicer Box.
The plug-ins are available to download at no cost (Windows VST).
More information: Synthescience
TSE Audio has released version 2.0 of the B.O.D. bass overdrive effect plugin for Windows.
A nice little stompbox emulation for the bass guitar. It’s modeled against a popular little box and this will definately find a place in your mix with no big efforts.
This is the second generation of this plugin, featuring new GUI and a new very detailed op-amp model giving it less artificial sound.
B.O.D. v2.0 features
- Input: Control the incoming (guitar) signal. Value of 1.0 = +0dB and 2.0 = +6dB.
- Level, Drive, Low, High, Presence, Blend.
- Quality switch: ‘LO’ and ‘HI’ setting. HI setting removes additional aliasing.
The B.O.D. plugin is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: TSE Audio / B.O.D.
Sound Magic has announced Neo Distortion, a distortion effect plugin for Windows.
Neo Distortion a distortion effect unit which features a 2-stage distortion Overdrive, followed by 4 optional distortion units including a Waveshaper, Fuzz, Soft Distortion and Contour.
Sound Magic provides meticulous controls for the 4 distortion types and combined with the Overdrive unit, you can build your own style of distortion to feature your unique sound style.
Need Distortion? You owe it to your sound to check out Neo Distortion!
Neo Distortion features
- Internal 64-bit floating point precision.
- 2 Stages Distortion, First OverDrive, Followed by 4 optional distortion units including a Waveshaper, Fuzz, Soft Distortion and Contour.
- Support up to 32Bit/384KHz resolution.
Neo Distortion for Windows (VST) is avaialble to purchase for 49 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo Distortion
Rob Papen has released RP-Distort RE, a distortion effect for Propellerhead Reason.
The previously released RP-Distort plugin is now available for Reason.
RP-Distort is not just a distortion unit, but much more. The distortion unit inside RP-Distort can be combined with an analog modeled filter, compressor and widener unit.
On top of that, the controls can be modulated using midi sources or by one of the 4 build in LFOs that can sync to your host tempo. The distortion unit offers 22 distortion types included ring modulator and lo-fi.
RP-Distort is a wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks in an inspirational way.
The RP-Distort RE is available to purchase for the introductory price of 19 EUR / $25 USD until December 31st, 2012 (regular 29 EUR / $35 USD).
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Distort RE