Inear Display has announced its Gorgon “Screaming Monstrosity” effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Gorgon is far from a standard distortion plugin : FM Ring Modulation, Metalizer Delay, Samplerate Reduction and Lowpass/Highpass Filters are all thrown into the signal path, resulting in a wide range of effects ranging from subtle metallic robot tones to agressive screams of mayhem.
Gorgon comes loaded with 25 exclusive presets by acclaimed sound designer Ivo Ivanov of GLITCHMACHINES.
- Aggressive Overdrive.
- Powerful Ring Modulation with FM.
- Metalizer Delay.
- Lowpass/Highpass filter with Morphing Control.
- Samplerate Reduction.
- Modulation Section based on a Signal Follower.
- Optional 8x oversampling to reduce aliasing.
- 25 exclusive GLITCHMACHINES presets.
- MIDI Learn.
- MIDI Program Change support.
- Lifetime free updates for registered users.
Gorgon for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available at the introductory price of 10 EUR until September 1st, 2012 (regular 20 EUR). Bundle discounts are also available.
More information: Inear Display / Gorgon
TSE Audio has announced the release of TSE808 version 2, an audio plug-in simulation of a TubeScreamer pedal, modeled/programmed in C++ by onQel (aka John Adrian Johansen).
Leaving the 1.x versions behind, this new version introduces a new small and simple GUI, the actual modeling is re-done to improve accuracy with respect to it’s hardware counterpart.
Additional features such as DIY functionality and solver-precision is removed, the internal solver is now locked to 1 uV (microvolt).
TSE808 v2.0 features
- Input Level: Controls the incoming (guitar) signal. Value of 1.0 = +0dB and 2.0 = +6dB
- Quality switch: ‘LO’ and ‘HI’ setting. HI setting removes additional aliasing.
- Stereo switch: Process two guitars at once. They must be hard-panned left/right to avoid bleed between channels!
The TSE808 is available to download for Windows PC (32/64bit VST) as freeware.
More information: TSE Audio
, bit crusher
, distortion and overdrive
, effect plugins
, multi fx
, panning and spatial
Posted in news
on Aug 07, 2012
2CAudio has released B2, a spatial processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
B2 is a modular dual-engine, non-linear spatial processor featuring built-in harmonic distortion and flexible dynamics.
It is our most advanced plug-in to date and is capable of both mind-bending creative effects that defy classification as well as stunningly lush reverbs. Its modular design enables an almost infinite variety of sonic possibilities.
B2′s dual engine design augments its modularity by allowing both engines to have completely independent settings and be configured in a vast number of possible structures.
- Two identical and independent engines.
- Pervasive non-linearity and controlled randomness providing unique character and excitement.
- Non-linear distortion ranging from subtle saturation to extreme bit-crushing.
- Parallel as well as serial and hybrid configurations via Cascade.
- Modular design that gives limitless configurations and minimizes CPU usage.
- Extreme range in density ranging from a single delay to full white noise as well as complex & clustered IRs.
- Two dynamics modules providing Gating, Ducking, Auto Gain, and more.
- Well-designed and ergonomic GUI which organizes deep complexity into a simple and enjoyable workflow.
- Huge number of novel and unique Damping and EQ filter types.
- Complex and Extreme Stereo Modes.
- Advanced Conservation of Energy scheme that maintains RMS levels when editing presets.
- Comprehensive Factory Presets and Preset Browser.
- Engine Templates to facilitate preset design.
- Ability to load Breeze presets as Engine Presets.
- Dynamics sub-preset system that is distinct from engine presets to allow mix-and-match preset creation.
- 2x & 4x Oversampling.
- Double Precision 64bit DSP.
- Band-limited Interpolation.
- Proprietary Spectral Modulation.
- Variable Quality Modes.
- Extreme Off-line Render Modes.
- 64bit Host/OS Support on Windows (forthcoming on OSX).
- Optional global saturation and soft-limiting for added character and color.
The B2 plug-in (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $199.95 USD until September 1st, 2012 (regular $249 USD).
More information: 2CAudio / B2 Spacial Processor
kiloHearts has released its Faturator effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Grit, oomph, fatness, raw, color, or just that certain something. Sometimes your sounds need a shovel of dirt. Faturator is standing ready to tear whatever you throw at it apart violently, and then gently (but firmly) put it back together fatter and rawer than ever.
Faturator can do everything from adding subtle and warm gritty character to your sounds to slam them into a wall of heavy saturation and digital fuzz. Contrary to many distortion effects, Faturator will preserve the dynamics of your sound and work its wonders on it regardless of input gain.
Turn your leads into screaming monsters, or add some extra fatness to your basses.
- Warm saturation.
- Fuzzy distortion.
- Sound coloring.
- Stereo widening.
- Dynamics preserving.
The Faturator plugin (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: kiloHearts / Faturator
G-Sonique has announced the release of 7inch nails and Envelophase, two guitar effect plug-in for Windows.
7inch nails is a special nu-metal / industrial guitar effect that you’ve never heard before. It can create special sounding effects or a combination of futuristic synthetic aural vibrations (ghost effect) in combination with a completely mad analog fuzz.
7inch nails features
- Input gain (also controls the amount of the effect and synthetic distortion).
- Ghost knob (special effect that creates an aural synthetic poltergeist atmosphere).
- Brutal bass drive knob (do you want to sound heavy? Turn this knob to the right).
- Dry/Wet knob (to controlled ratio between effected and unaffected sound).
- Output volume knob (if you do not want to blow eardrums).
G-Sonique Envelophase is a guitar effect that combines an analog sounding modern phaser with an envelope follower.
The amount and speed of the phasing effect is controlled by the envelope (volume level) follower – so the phasing effect is affected by your guitar playing.
It is a very useful effect for various styles of guitar music from rock, pop, folk, funky or disco. This effect can be used also on all other instruments like piano, rhodes, bass guitar, synths or drums.
7inch nails is available to purchase for 11.90 EUR, the Envelophase is 9.90 EUR.
More information: G-Sonique
EGP Audio has announced the release of Top Ron, a general purpose distortion effect for adding grit and character to any kind of material.
EGP’s Top Ron tube distortion effect plug-in for Windows.
The dual-stage tube distortion effect features two modes of operation for subtle harmonic variation. A single timbre-control allows for quick yet radical sculpting of EQ when desired.
Use Top Ron to enhance beats and drumtracks, and add saturation to vocals, pads, bass, and more!
Top Ron for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for 40 EUR / $49 USD. A free demo version with limited functionality is available at the EGP Audio website.
More information: EGP Audio / Top Ron