Native Instruments has announced plans to open a UK branch in January 2014, to establish dedicated sales, marketing and R&D capacities in one of its most important markets.
To be located in the vibrant London area of Shoreditch, Native Instruments UK will firmly root the company in the birthplace of pop music and hotbed of continuous artistic innovation, and complement its existing offices in the music metropolises of Berlin, Los Angeles and Tokyo.
The NI UK sales team will be formed by the experienced staff of longstanding agent 2Twenty2, led by its owner and Managing Director Stephen Parker who has looked after NI’s UK distribution for over a decade. The London office will also fulfill general marketing, PR and artist relations functions, accommodating the specific audiences and scenes in the UK and Ireland.
Furthermore, Native Instruments UK will comprise a local product design and development team, which will extend the capabilities of the R&D staff in the Berlin and LA offices.
“With Native Instruments, I’ve been fortunate to represent one of the most dynamic MI brands in the UK since 2001″, says Stephen Parker, “and I am very excited to now grow the Komplete, Maschine and Traktor product lines even further from a dedicated NI branch.”
“The UK has always been a crucial sales region for us”, says Daniel Haver, “and the establishment of a full-featured office in London now represents the next step in our commitment to our British customers as
well as our determination to involve local creative talent into our future product design and development process.”
Native Instruments will announce job opportunities for the London office soon via their dedicated online career center.
More information: Native Instruments
As of January 1, 2013, Shure Incorporated began distributing conferencing products manufactured by Danish Interpretation Systems (DIS), a division of Informationsteknik Scandinavia Group of Copenhagen, Denmark, which Shure acquired in February 2011.
“When we acquired Informationsteknik two years ago, we saw it as an opportunity to significantly strengthen our position in the installed sound market, specifically conferencing, by increasing our presence with customers in the corporate, government, and education sectors,” said Mark Humrichouser, General Manager of the Americas Business Unit at Shure. “We want to continue to build on the successful foundation of the DIS brand by using our strong, well-established network of sales reps throughout the U.S. and engaging our talented market development team with these customers.”
DIS is one of the world’s leading brands of advanced conference electronics, providing conference solutions to the global meeting industry. It offers complete solutions for simultaneous interpretation, discussion, voting, language distribution, online streaming of meetings, and software management.
“Both Shure and DIS have long been committed to creating innovative, quality products and providing customers with the highest level of service and technical support in the industry,” added Humrichouser. “In the U.S., we recently adapted our organization to better fit the needs of our customers with the creation of our Systems Support Group. With multiple layers of support now available, we are well-positioned to take over distribution of DIS products.”
More information: Shure / Danish Interpretation Systems
SoundCloud has announced a partnership with Getty Images to allow sound creators to make their sounds available for licensing through Getty Images Music.
Whether you’re a professional or casual creator, if you have sounds up on SoundCloud, you’ll be able to offer them for licensing to media, advertisers, designers and creatives. And you’ll benefit from Getty Images’ global sales and distribution teams: they’ll help you to market your sounds and offer their expertise and experience in digital content rights and clearances. As always, you’ll need to make sure that you own all rights in the sounds that you intend to license.
If you’re ready to get started, head over to http://soundcloud.gettyimages.com to connect your SoundCloud account, sign up, and select which sounds you’d like to make available for licensing. They’ll get a ‘license’ button on the SoundCloud player and widget, and be made available on http://www.gettyimages.com/music if Getty approves your sounds for licensing.
More information: SoundCloud
Avid has announced the largest showcase of integrated media production technology the company has ever presented at NAB.
Avid is featuring completely new and upgraded solutions for advanced asset-based workflows spanning distributed production, multi-platform distribution, server and storage, and broadcast graphics, demonstrating how customers in news, sports, TV, and post-production can prepare for the demands of the future.
“We’ve designed an array of advanced solutions that give our customers the new asset-based workflow capabilities they need to build a more agile and efficient business,” said Gary Greenfield, chairman and CEO of Avid. “Media organizations need to be able to reuse their existing media assets more effectively, collaborate easily, and find ways to monetize their content across digital and social distribution channels. With the capabilities we’re announcing today at NAB, we’re helping our customers solve these challenges by letting them create content wherever they are, manage complex production workflows, and distribute their media everywhere.”
Avid’s new asset-based workflow solutions at NAB 2012 include:
- Distributed production—A new solution, Interplay® Sphere, gives broadcast news professionals the ability to acquire, access, edit and finish stories from anywhere, anytime. Leveraging a cloud-based architecture, applications like Media Composer® and NewsCutter® will give contributors the freedom to work in a completely distributed environment that spans multiple locations and time zones. Underscoring Avid’s leadership and commitment to broadcast news, NewsCutter and Media Composer with Interplay Sphere effectively break down the walls of the newsroom by expanding what journalists and news organizations can do, regardless of their location.
- Multi-Platform Distribution (MPD)—To address the rising demands of multi-screen consumption, Avid’s new MPD solution streamlines and enhances the process for journalists and editors who are creating and distributing content across multiple traditional, digital, and social platforms. MPD removes the complexity of multi-platform distribution by intelligently orchestrating the flow of assets and metadata through creation, transcode, and then delivery to web content management systems, online video platforms, and social media.
- Server and storage—Helping media producers address the challenges of ever-increasing production volumes and rising costs— the new Avid ISIS® 2000 near-line storage solution works across multiple Avid Interplay installations to provide search, browse, access, and management, extending production storage; the Avid ISIS 7000 v4.0 effectively doubles its storage capacity with the new i4000 blade; and the next generation AirSpeed® 5000 video server features new codec flexibility with Avid DNxHD® playback included in HD versions.
- Avid Motion Graphics™—Gives enterprises the ability to create stunning visual imagery, get it quickly and easily to air, and build strong brand recognition with an advanced real-time 2D/3D rendering engine, accelerated by the latest GPU and I/O technology.
Avid is also showcasing at NAB:
- Avid Interplay—Extended Avid Interplay family of asset management solutions with new releases of:
- Interplay Production 2.6—Production asset management solution featuring greater workflow flexibility and capacity, support for multiple ISIS installations, and new end-to-end ProRes, JPEG 2000, and 3D format support.
- Interplay MAM 4—Modular media asset management technology for automation of archive, ingest, production, and distribution operations and workflows.
- Interplay Central 1.2—Web-based news creation application with improved media access and management capabilities.
- NewsVision™ 2.5—New I/O, graphics, and workflow options, in an economical turnkey foundation for an entire newsroom operation.
- Media Composer 6—Benchmark video editing system with 64-bit power, open I/O support, and sleek new look and feel.
- Pro Tools® 10—Industry-standard platform for audio and music recording with enhanced performance and responsiveness, including HDX hardware support.
More information: Avid / Avid at NAB 2012
Loopboutique has announced a distribution deal with Big Fish Audio.
Big Fish Audio has been a leader in high quality sample sounds since 1986.
LOOPBOUTIQUE is a creative sound design manufacturer, music production team, and mixing and mastering entity that has years of experience and quality products available to both the pro and beginner musician alike.
The production team’s credits include BET, HBO, MTV, VIVA, Discovery Channel, Eurosport and many more.
More information: Loopboutique
Time+Space has announced an exclusive distribution partnership with leading audio technology developers iZotope.
US-based iZotope is renowned for developing high quality audio processing and effects plug-ins thanks to releases such as Ozone, Nectar, RX 2, Alloy and the more recent Stutter Edit, which was developed in conjunction with prolific composer BT.
Of the new partnership, Time+Space Head of Sales & Marketing Joel Heatley said “We’re very excited about working with iZotope, who through a truly innovative approach to product design, have firmly placed themselves at the cutting edge of audio processing.”
iZotope’s award-winning products and audio technologies are used by millions of people around the world with a loyal following of many renowned UK musicians and producers, including Imogen Heap, Friendly Fires and London Elektricity, to name just a few.
Through an extensive licensing program, iZotope technology is also directly integrated into products made by industry-leaders such as Adobe, Avid, and Sony; video games from companies like Harmonix and Ubisoft; as well as a growing number of mobile phone applications.
“Time+Space’s knowledge and success as a distributor will be an immediate benefit to iZotope,” says Zac Kenney, Sales Manager for iZotope, “We are eager to work together on the continued growth of iZotope.”
iZotope software can be auditioned now at selected retailers thanks to the new Time+Space Media Suite located in stores across the UK. For a full list of UK dealers visit www.timespace.com/dealers. All iZotope titles can be viewed at: http://www.timespace.com/izotope
More information: Time+Space
ONErpm.com has announced the debut of its Facebook App, ONErpm, a robust social commerce application enabling musicians and labels to market and sell their music globally to fans right from their Facebook page.
Artists can sell by territory, set pricing tiers, and offer free downloads in exchange for an email address. Emphasizing globality, ONErpm also supports multiple currencies and languages including English, Portuguese, and Spanish.
The ONErpm application features a one-click install with no restriction on the number of albums, making it an ideal solution for artists or labels with large catalogs. Payment processing also occurs within Facebook (unless the user opts for PayPal) to make the experience seamless for the fan. ONErpm also boasts some impressive promotional features for the artist, including “fan-gating” whereby a listener is encouraged to “Like” an artist’s page before listening to the music; numerous sharing options; email list sign up; and listener comments.
One of ONErpm’s most unique features is that a consumer can jump between various ONErpm artist pages on Facebook while keeping shopping cart information persistent. “Our focus is to help artists promote their brands and sell their music by harnessing the social media power of their fans,” says Matt Olim, CTO and Co-Founder of ONErpm (formerly, CTO and Co-Founder of CDNow). “We’ve built the ONErpm service so that it can become a fully integrated music store with a recommendation engine – all residing within Facebook.”
ONErpm is already working on the next release which will include even more social commerce features and customization options. “We’re constantly listening to our artists and labels and building that feedback into our product as fast as we can,” states Emmanuel Zunz, Company CEO and Co-Founder. From Brazil to Brooklyn, prominent indie artists and record labels have selected ONErpm to power their Facebook pages with social commerce, including Hip Hop sensation Blitz the Ambassador (Brooklyn, NY), electro-cumbia pioneers Systema Solar (Colombia), and Brazilian Country music superstars Chitaozinho & Xororo. According to Blitz the Ambassador, “We’ve looked at many options for social commerce storefronts and we decided to work with ONErpm in the end because it provides a comprehensive way to manage our digital distribution across multiple platforms, and we’re truly excited about the options that will be available to us in the future – we’ve had a sneak peek.”
More information: ONErpm
Better Music Distribution has announced it is now distributing instrument plugins from Sound Magic.
Better Music Distribution is very pleased to announce the partnership with Sound Magic for the US market. Two brand new pianos have been recently released and are now available through Better Music Distribution in the USA.
Sound Magic instruments
- Imperial Grand Piano – The Imperial Grand virtual instrument piano starts with a famous dark, rich Bösendorfer style of sound, the first modeled Bösendorfer 290SE with 97 Keys.
- Ruby Piano – Ruby Piano captures the mellow sustain and beautiful tones of a Yamaha C7 built in 1972, which has original ivory keys, and represents its unique timbral quality through Sound Magic ‘s NEO Hybrid Modeling Engine.
- BlueStone Piano – The BlueStone Piano virtual instrument starts with the robust Steinway sound, utilizing these powerful harmonics to create the authenticity and complexity that has long been a standard in concert halls around the world.
- Supreme Piano 2 – The Supreme Piano 2 virtual piano collection includes four world’s most stunning and finest grand pianos. A true piano legend.
More information: Better Music Distribution