Native Instruments today released the first of a series of videos showcasing respected Japanese producers, performers, and DJs.
Five artists give detailed insights into their individual creative processes with MASCHINE – Native Instruments’ groove production system seamlessly integrating tactile hardware and advanced software.
After a widely successful launch of Native Instruments’ Japanese office in Tokyo earlier this year, the company is beginning a series of activities with skilled local artists to further expand its footprint in the Japanese music production and DJ equipment markets.
Five-time DMC world champion DJ team KIREEK uses MASCHINE to intuitively create beats on the fly, dragging them directly into TRAKTOR PRO for an instant transition from their studio setup to playing live. International touring artist KAITO from the Cologne-based Kompakt Records lineup constantly discovers new ways of working on dance music in a way which is only possible with MASCHINE. Tokyo’s star performance duo HIFANA loves the comprehensive collection of sounds and use MASCHINE in their live setup on stage. Samplesmith DJ Baku uses MASCHINE as his main production tool to sample records from various genres and to find new musical inspiration. Fukuoka’s beat specialist OLIVE OIL has discovered MASCHINE as his go to tool – not only for sampling old records but even for mixing and arranging entire tracks without any additional software.
More information: Native Instruments / Maschine
Loopmasters has released Utah Saints – Electro House & Indie Dance, a collection of sounds from one of the original pioneering DJ/Production combo’s of the dance scene.
Utah Saints are Tim Utah and Jez Willis, and have been DJ-ing dance music since the birth of house music. Tim was a DMC UK mixing championship finalist, and the list of DJ’s that have played alongside them includes 2ManyDJs, Kraftykuts, Boys Noize, Justice, Fakeblood, Annie Mac and Zane Lowe amongst many others.
Electro House & Indie Dance is a fresh and original collection of carefully crafted 24 bit samples which will appeal to a huge variety of producers worldwide. If you make House, Electro, Indie, Rock, Electronica, Dubstep or Drum and Bass – your guaranteed to find some inspiration for your next production.
Utah Saints – Electro House & Indie Dance features
- 975MB content, 463 24 Bit Wav files.
- 225 loops between 128 – 132 Bpm, and 238 Single Shot samples.
- 50+ Ready to play Synth, Drum, Bass and FX patches for soft samplers including Reason NNXt, Halion, Kontakt, EXS and SFZ. Apple Loops, Reason Refill and Ableton Live specific versions are also available.
Utah Saints – Electro House & Indie Dance is available to purchase for £34.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Utah Saints – Electro House & Indie Dance
Numark has announced the release of the PRO SMX, a DJ battle mixer designed to the exact specifications of the world-famous DMC champion French DJ team, Birdy Nam Nam.
DMC and ITF champions, Birdy Nam Nam came to Numark and asked us to build the world’s best battle mixer based on their input,” said Chris Roman, Product Development Manager, Numark. “PRO SMX is built like a tank. It feels great and has all of the capabilities that these best-of-the-best professional DJs asked us to include… and then some!
PRO SMX features
- Fully analog audio signal path with no A-D or D-A conversion.
- PRO X FADE crossfader has adjustable end points and torque.
- Pre/Post effects send and return.
- Three inputs per channel including balanced 1/4″.
- Three-band EQ per channel, switchable between +/-12 dB (EQ) and +12/-INF dB (kill).
- Crossfader and line fader-reverse switches.
- Adjustable fader slope for each side of the crossfader and each line fader.
- XLR and RCA master outputs.
- Session input with volume control.
- Gold-plated rear connectors.
- Rugged, thick, heavy metal construction.
Numark’s PRO SMX is available now from DJ and Pro Audio retailers at an MSRP of $799.99 USD.
Visit Numark for more information.