Xenos Soundworks has released version 2.0 of Chaos Theory, a soundset for the Mr. Alias Pro synthesizer instrument by Insert Piz Here.
Version 2.0 comes with 28 additional sounds plus a few additional edits on some of the original patches.
Chaos Theory contains 128 new sounds for Mr. Alias Pro, with plenty of glitchy and dirty lo-fi leads, basses, pads, sound effects, bells and more, for a variety of musical genres ranging from Dubstep to Chiptunes to IDM and Glitch.
The soundset is available as “Pay-What-You-Like” donationware.
More information: Xenos Soundware / Chaos Theory
Noisebud has released version 2.0 of its Binvert bass modeling tool, featuring a new GUI and new features.
The new functions are designed to control the extreme resonance. Now a user can switch off the resonance and/or connect an ADSR to either the upper or lower band.
Changes in Binvert v2.0
- The Resonator can be disabled in both bands.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Bypass button, easier handling for mastering purposes.
- Side chained ADSR.
- Added the ability to totally turn off the bands.
- Incoming gain knob.
- Wet/dry control.
Binvert for Windows (VST) is available as donationware (color GUI version). A fully functional free version with a black & white GUI is available to download.
More information: Noisebud / Binvert
Noisebud has released version 2.0 of the GranMa buffer scratching plug-in for Windows.
Except small changes in the granular engine there’s two new main features, a freeze button that will override everything (even the wet/dry knob) and freeze what ever is sent into the plugin at the moment. And second there’s now a timer so that the user may know the length of their recorded audio.
Changes in GranMa v2.0
- Added a simple Freeze button.
- Added a timer for the length of the buffer.
- Changed the behavior of the release.
- The playback engine is a bit more smooth.
- Dry/Wet control is designed to make more sense.
- The record button is now also an input audio meter.
A black/white version of GranMa for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost. For a minimum donation of $2 USD you can get the plug-in with a colored GUI.
More information: Noisebud / GranMa
Aly James Lab has released Super PSG (Super Portable Sound Generator), a synthesizer instrument for Windows that emulates the SN76489 Sega Master System sound chip, and more.
SPSG is not simply an SN76489 emulator, it adds many extended features to squeeze to most of the sound chip and a huge user friendly GUI! It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful 8-bit tool for modern music production.
You can design typical and not so typical sounds of that era and experiment from the presets already available. Go further with extended controls, and even midi control a real SN76489 sound chip with a special hardware that YOU can built. The system also works with the GENMDM interface designed
by Little Scale.
The plugin is available for Windows (VST) as donationware (minimum donation of $10 USD).
More information: Aly James Lab / Super PSG
B. Serrano has released Circé, an advanced version of the Vesta filter effect plug-in for Windows.
- 3 layers filtering.
- Each layer can be LP, HP, BP, Off, Bypass.
- Each layer got it own curve response that act like “spread / separation” and Lo-Fi setting.
- Layers audio routing: Parallel, serial or both.
- 2 LFO host syncable.
- 1 x 32 step controler.
- 1 envelope follower.
- Dedicated LFO for dry / wet signal mix.
- X/Y pad linked to Cutoff and Resonance.
- Stereo balance for each layer.
- Embedded patch management.
Circé is available as a donationware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: B. Serrano / Circé
VB-Audio has announced the release of Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge, a virtual audio device made to manage high resolution audio streams.
Audio Applications using regular audio devices can now use ASIO Devices through the Hi-Fi Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge.
Like the VB-Cable, HiFi Cable is a virtual audio driver (MME, DX, WDM, KS, WASAPI) working as a “Virtual Audio Cable” to connect audio applications together. All incoming signals to the Cable input (Playback Device) go out to the Cable Output (Recording Device). But the HiFi Cable also works with the ASIO Bridge, allowing to route these virtual i/o into an ASIO Device.
Then ASIO Bridge enables every audio application, video game or whatever player, to take advantage of the ASIO device through their native Windows audio interface. It includes the possibility to read DVD with a Windows Player and spread the 6 or 8 outputs on your preferred professional audio device usually driven by ASIO Interface.
HiFi cable supports all sample rate from 8 kHz to 384 kHz, 16 or 24-bits resolution (bit perfect) and up to 8 channels.
The Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge for Windows is available as donationware.
More information: VB-Audio / Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge
Loops de la Crème has released version of the Clap Pack collection of real claps, snaps and group claps samples.
This sample library features over 270 original and punchy handclaps.
All of the samples were beautifully recorded and cut, and will help spice up your beats!
Clap Pack V2 features
- 271 samples organized in three folders:
- Original Clap Pack samples (112 samples) – Various Solo Claps and Snaps, and a great series of 80 Gang Claps samples.
- New: Clap Pack Deluxe Selection (76 samples) – A collection of samples taken from the CLAP PACK DELUXE focusing on diversity and usefulness. These group claps, single claps and snaps are taken from the various round robin and velocity series of samples from the deluxe pack.
- New: Fat Claps and Snaps (91 samples) – These new samples were recorded in various rooms, they provide great natural short ambiences. Plenty of punchy and raw sounds here!
- Bonus: EXS24 patches created by users.
The sample pack is available as donationware (Name Your Price). The recommended price is 4 EUR.
More information: Loops de la Crème / Clap Pack
B. Serrano has announced the release of Dionysos EX, an extended version of the Dionysos synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
The Dionysos EX features substractive, FM and additive synthesis.
Dionysos EX features
- All features of Dionysos.
- More modulations by 2 more matrices:
- Envelopes, velocity, aftertouch and mod-wheel can modulate the 4 LFOs’ depth and speed and filter’s resonance.
- The 4 LFO and steps controllers can modulate mixer’s volume and pan.
- Envelopes and LFOs got a level slider you can assign to a MIDI controller.
- The 4 LFOs got more waveforms + pulse width knob.
- You can specify the polyphony you want by a simple request, at any time.
Dionysos EX is available as donationware for Windows (VST).
More information: B. Serrano / Dionysos EX