de la Mancha has announced Let’s Beat Cancer, a fundraiser for Cancer Research UK.
This is to announce something I’m doing to try and raise £1000 for Cancer Research UK, a deserving charity that funds scientists, doctors and nurses to help beat cancer sooner.
If I can raise £1000, then I will release 4 plugins for free, for everyone.
- slix is a randomising loop slicer, which switches between up to 4 loops and can shuffle, repeat, reverse and gate the slices of each loop according to user defined probability.
- erratic 2 is a drum sample player with many randomising and velocity sensitive options to make any drum pattern sound different on each loop.
- loophole is a midi-triggered loop sampler, which allows you play sections of up to 4 different loops using midi notes to control which section of which loop plays.
- Impakter is a vintage drum module plugin containing 320 samples of original drum sounds generated on analogue synths and drum machines.
Donations can be made at JustGiving.
More information: de la Mancha / Let’s Beat Cancer
Youlean has released Freq-Balancer, a frequency analysis/equalizer effect plug-in designed for mastering.
The Freq-Balancer is mainly designed for mastering, but it can be used when mixing down songs, as well on the separate tracks.
Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies an equalizer that evens out the frequency balance towards a curve found on many commercial tracks.
When Freq-Balancer analyses audio, it measures the audios frequency content over a period of time. It splits the incoming audio signal into 7 frequency bands. Then it measures and compares the audio levels within each band. Finally it applies EQ to compensate for any uneven frequency balance.
The plug-in is available for Windows (32-bit VST) as donationware.
More information: Youlean / Freq-Balancer
Xenos Soundworks has released version 2.0 of Chaos Theory, a soundset for the Mr. Alias Pro synthesizer instrument by Insert Piz Here.
Version 2.0 comes with 28 additional sounds plus a few additional edits on some of the original patches.
Chaos Theory contains 128 new sounds for Mr. Alias Pro, with plenty of glitchy and dirty lo-fi leads, basses, pads, sound effects, bells and more, for a variety of musical genres ranging from Dubstep to Chiptunes to IDM and Glitch.
The soundset is available as “Pay-What-You-Like” donationware.
More information: Xenos Soundware / Chaos Theory
Noisebud has released version 2.0 of its Binvert bass modeling tool, featuring a new GUI and new features.
The new functions are designed to control the extreme resonance. Now a user can switch off the resonance and/or connect an ADSR to either the upper or lower band.
Changes in Binvert v2.0
- The Resonator can be disabled in both bands.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Bypass button, easier handling for mastering purposes.
- Side chained ADSR.
- Added the ability to totally turn off the bands.
- Incoming gain knob.
- Wet/dry control.
Binvert for Windows (VST) is available as donationware (color GUI version). A fully functional free version with a black & white GUI is available to download.
More information: Noisebud / Binvert
Noisebud has released version 2.0 of the GranMa buffer scratching plug-in for Windows.
Except small changes in the granular engine there’s two new main features, a freeze button that will override everything (even the wet/dry knob) and freeze what ever is sent into the plugin at the moment. And second there’s now a timer so that the user may know the length of their recorded audio.
Changes in GranMa v2.0
- Added a simple Freeze button.
- Added a timer for the length of the buffer.
- Changed the behavior of the release.
- The playback engine is a bit more smooth.
- Dry/Wet control is designed to make more sense.
- The record button is now also an input audio meter.
A black/white version of GranMa for Windows (VST) is available to download at no cost. For a minimum donation of $2 USD you can get the plug-in with a colored GUI.
More information: Noisebud / GranMa
Aly James Lab has released Super PSG (Super Portable Sound Generator), a synthesizer instrument for Windows that emulates the SN76489 Sega Master System sound chip, and more.
SPSG is not simply an SN76489 emulator, it adds many extended features to squeeze to most of the sound chip and a huge user friendly GUI! It is a fantastic synth suitable for chip music and SEGA nostalgic pleasure and also a powerful 8-bit tool for modern music production.
You can design typical and not so typical sounds of that era and experiment from the presets already available. Go further with extended controls, and even midi control a real SN76489 sound chip with a special hardware that YOU can built. The system also works with the GENMDM interface designed
by Little Scale.
The plugin is available for Windows (VST) as donationware (minimum donation of $10 USD).
More information: Aly James Lab / Super PSG
B. Serrano has released Circé, an advanced version of the Vesta filter effect plug-in for Windows.
- 3 layers filtering.
- Each layer can be LP, HP, BP, Off, Bypass.
- Each layer got it own curve response that act like “spread / separation” and Lo-Fi setting.
- Layers audio routing: Parallel, serial or both.
- 2 LFO host syncable.
- 1 x 32 step controler.
- 1 envelope follower.
- Dedicated LFO for dry / wet signal mix.
- X/Y pad linked to Cutoff and Resonance.
- Stereo balance for each layer.
- Embedded patch management.
Circé is available as a donationware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: B. Serrano / Circé