B. Serrano has released Circé, an advanced version of the Vesta filter effect plug-in for Windows.
- 3 layers filtering.
- Each layer can be LP, HP, BP, Off, Bypass.
- Each layer got it own curve response that act like “spread / separation” and Lo-Fi setting.
- Layers audio routing: Parallel, serial or both.
- 2 LFO host syncable.
- 1 x 32 step controler.
- 1 envelope follower.
- Dedicated LFO for dry / wet signal mix.
- X/Y pad linked to Cutoff and Resonance.
- Stereo balance for each layer.
- Embedded patch management.
Circé is available as a donationware VST plug-in for Windows.
More information: B. Serrano / Circé
VB-Audio has announced the release of Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge, a virtual audio device made to manage high resolution audio streams.
Audio Applications using regular audio devices can now use ASIO Devices through the Hi-Fi Virtual Audio Cable and ASIO Bridge.
Like the VB-Cable, HiFi Cable is a virtual audio driver (MME, DX, WDM, KS, WASAPI) working as a “Virtual Audio Cable” to connect audio applications together. All incoming signals to the Cable input (Playback Device) go out to the Cable Output (Recording Device). But the HiFi Cable also works with the ASIO Bridge, allowing to route these virtual i/o into an ASIO Device.
Then ASIO Bridge enables every audio application, video game or whatever player, to take advantage of the ASIO device through their native Windows audio interface. It includes the possibility to read DVD with a Windows Player and spread the 6 or 8 outputs on your preferred professional audio device usually driven by ASIO Interface.
HiFi cable supports all sample rate from 8 kHz to 384 kHz, 16 or 24-bits resolution (bit perfect) and up to 8 channels.
The Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge for Windows is available as donationware.
More information: VB-Audio / Hi-Fi Cable & ASIO Bridge
Loops de la Crème has released version of the Clap Pack collection of real claps, snaps and group claps samples.
This sample library features over 270 original and punchy handclaps.
All of the samples were beautifully recorded and cut, and will help spice up your beats!
Clap Pack V2 features
- 271 samples organized in three folders:
- Original Clap Pack samples (112 samples) – Various Solo Claps and Snaps, and a great series of 80 Gang Claps samples.
- New: Clap Pack Deluxe Selection (76 samples) – A collection of samples taken from the CLAP PACK DELUXE focusing on diversity and usefulness. These group claps, single claps and snaps are taken from the various round robin and velocity series of samples from the deluxe pack.
- New: Fat Claps and Snaps (91 samples) – These new samples were recorded in various rooms, they provide great natural short ambiences. Plenty of punchy and raw sounds here!
- Bonus: EXS24 patches created by users.
The sample pack is available as donationware (Name Your Price). The recommended price is 4 EUR.
More information: Loops de la Crème / Clap Pack
B. Serrano has announced the release of Dionysos EX, an extended version of the Dionysos synthesizer plug-in for Windows.
The Dionysos EX features substractive, FM and additive synthesis.
Dionysos EX features
- All features of Dionysos.
- More modulations by 2 more matrices:
- Envelopes, velocity, aftertouch and mod-wheel can modulate the 4 LFOs’ depth and speed and filter’s resonance.
- The 4 LFO and steps controllers can modulate mixer’s volume and pan.
- Envelopes and LFOs got a level slider you can assign to a MIDI controller.
- The 4 LFOs got more waveforms + pulse width knob.
- You can specify the polyphony you want by a simple request, at any time.
Dionysos EX is available as donationware for Windows (VST).
More information: B. Serrano / Dionysos EX
Les Productions Zvon has released Sci-Fi and Aliens, the 5th Memory Collection series sample pack, featuring a collection of samples from public domain movies.
1 750 samples for a size of 1.44 GB. The samples in this collection are taken from 10 Public Domain science fiction movies. Please note that the samples are not mapped in any way or in any specific sampler format.
The samples are from 10 Public Domain science fiction movies from the 1930s to the 1970s. So they cover different styles of soundtracks. I was surprised by the quality of the soundtracks in general. They featured early electronic music with a creative mix of various types of sound sources. Just listening
to the samples is fun and it also is a lesson in the history and evolution of sound design in movies (IMHO).
The sample library is available as donationware with a minimum donation of $20 USD. A bundle of Memory Collection packs costs $50 USD.
More information: Les Productions Zvon / Memory Collection