Crypto Cipher has launched Voices of Ragas Vol 1, a Kontakt library featuring ancient Indian ragas.
This library includes many variety of ragas with diverse emotional moods. Voices of Ragas Vol-1 Covers “words based phrases” as well “Aahs!/Aalaps” which don’t have any words in them. ”Aahs!/Aalaps” have Speed Control feature and “words based phrases” have tempo sync feature.
The uniqueness of this library is that we have provided Kid Voice and Young Voice of the same vocalist Alish Mohan. Alish Mohan is trained vocalist under Banaras Gharana and has a very unique voice.
Voices of Ragas Vol 1 features
- North Indian Hindustani Classical Style Raga Library.
- Three Patches (Innocence of Raga Voice, Young Voice of Raga, Young Voice of Raga Aalaps).
- Kid and Young male Raga Voices of same Vocalist.
- Covered Aalaps / Aahs!, Phrases, Sargam and Taans.
- Ragas Covered in Kids Voice: BhimPilasi, Bihag, Desh, Durga, God Sarang, Jai Jai Vanti, Jaunpuri, Kalingda, Lalit, Maru Bihag, Multani, Parmeshwari, Patdeep, Purvi, Tilak Kamod.
- Ragas Covered in Young Voice: Darbari, Jog, Marwah, Multani, Puriya Dhanashri, Shankra, Basant, Patdeep, Todi, Yaman, Ramkali.
- Young Voices Patch will go well with C# Drone and Kid Voices Patch will go with G Drone.
- Custom Script for Voices of Ragas.
- Pink Keyswitch for Selecting Ragas, Green Keyswitch to select Vocal Style of that Raga, Blue zones have Samples.
- Pitch wheel Control the speed of phrases in Aalaps/Aahs. “Words based Phrases have Tempo sync feature.
- Sample Resolution : 44.1 KHz/ 24 bit Format.
- Wave Files are kept unlocked.
The library is available to purchase for the introductory price of $59 USD until January 7th, 2014 (regular $79 USD). All other Crypto Cipher products are 50% off until January 7th.
More information: Crypto Cipher / Voices of Ragas Vol 1
Bronto Scorpio has released version 1.2 of the Dronebox ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor, offering a bug fix and adding a few new presets.
The main inspiration for this ensemble were those awesome demos of modular synths you often find on the internet. When watching those videos I’m often thinking “Don’t ever turn a knob again! That’s the best sound ever!” *Guy in the video turns a knob* “Wait! That’s even better! Now definitely never turn a knob again!”. I tried to capture this feeling with this ensemble.
The ensemble is a free download for Reaktor 5.8 or higher.
More information: Bronto Scorpio / Dronebox
Point Blank has announced Monster Timestretch, a free Max for Live device for Ableton Live by Daniel Herbert.
The new Max for Live device from Point Blank is a timestretching plugin based on a technique known as phase vocoding and can time stretch sounds in realtime. It’s similar to the fantastic Paul Stretch and is ideal for creating slowly evolving drone-like textures as well as more futuristic sounds.
There are four different modes which allow you to play through and explore the sound in a variety of ways and literally freeze the sound.
The plugin is limited to processing the first 30 seconds of an audio file and only works within Ableton as a M4L device and will not play in any other DAW. We recommend you use resampling if you need to record the effect to a new audio file.
The plugin is a free download at Point Blank.
More information: Point Blank / Monster Timestretch
Bronto Scorpio Music has released Dronebox, a free ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
The main inspiration for this ensemble were those awesome demos of modular synths you often find on the internet.
When watching those videos I’m often thinking “Don’t ever turn a knob again! That’s the best sound ever!” *Guy in the video turns a knob* “Wait! That’s even better! Now definitely never turn a knob again!”. I tried to capture this feeling with this ensemble.
It comes with a bunch of presets, but it’s really meant to be tweeked and explored. The whole thing can be a bit unpredictable, as there is a lot of feedback going on, but that’s part of the fun! Many of the controls are somewhat cryptic, but you’ll eventually get a feeling for each of them.
Dronebox is a free download. Requires full version of Reaktor 5.8 or higher.
More information: Bronto Scorpio / Dronebox
Complex has launched Aaltosphere, a soundset featuring 128 presets for the Aalto modular synthesizer plug-in by Madrona Labs.
Aaltosphere is about the machines and industrial plants of an advanced technological civilisation.
All the sounds are carefully designed to be as realistic as possible and to fit your necessities and goals.
It is formed by drones, industrial soundscapes, sequential & random machines, alarms, motors, chaotic SFX and Buchla like keyboards.
The soundset costs 10 EUR. A free demo bank with 8 presets is available to download. Requires Aalto v1.4.
More information: Zensound / Aaltosphere