100 Akres has announced Deebox Chopra, a new sample library in Native Instruments Kontakt and Wav formats.
Deebox Chopra is a drum rompler which features drum sounds from an iconic 80s drum machine run through a series of high quality analog outboard gear to 2″ tape to add a bit of “hiss” and extra warmth.
The easy to use LCD interface allows you to choose between eight signal chains that were pre-tweaked by our engineer to bring out different tones of the recorded electronic drum kit. These presets range from clean with low hiss to gritty tape distortion with a flick of the tape distortion switch.
Deebox Chopra features
- 49 drum sounds, 8 different signal chains.
- Recording chain used includes: 2″ tape machine, DBX 160xt , API 550 eq, Pultec eq, and a Holy Grail pedal.
- Attack, Decay, Sustain, and Release knobs available for further drum tweaking (Kontakt version only).
- Tape distortion switch for extra crunch added to the drum sounds (Kontakt version only).
The library is available to purchase for $19 USD (Kontakt) / $14 USD (Wav).
100 Akres is also offering a President’s day discount, valid from until February 21st, 2014. Use coupon code obamatootrill to get a $3 discount off of the total order valid on all products.
More information: 100 Akres / Deebox Chopra
Xfer Records has released version 1.1 of its Nerve drum synthesizer instrument for Windows and Mac.
Nerve is a software drum machine which brings powerful beat creation and manipulation to your Host Sequencer. Nerve runs as a VSTi or AudioUnit plugin. Nerve was designed and coded by veteran dance music producers, with a diverse sample library included from many of todays top sound designers.
Changes in Nerve v1.1
- 64-bit support (VST/AU/AAX).
- ProTools AAX32 and AAX64 support (ProTools 10.3.5 or later).
- Drag-and-drop pattern button (A-L) to export MIDI to host.
- Drag-and-drop pad to host (source wave file).
- Drag-and-drop pad + Shift + Control + Alt: render all to a new wave file in host.
- Drag-and-drop pad + Control + Alt: renders pattern of dragged pad as wave file.
- 16 stereo outputs.
- Pre-calculated 4-band parametric EQ per-pad.
- Pre-calculated plate reverb per-pad.
- Pattern randomize (‘R’ button).
- Pattern hybridize (‘H’ button) creates new patterns based on existing loaded patterns.
- Option to follow Host notes note-length / note-offs choke the sound.
- Type-able values for all controls (text entry appears with double-click).
- Mouseover help for all controls (when mouse is hovered for 1 second).
- “MIDI Note Off Chokes Pads” option now stores gate values to Sequencer.
- Option Menu: “Gate Only alters Hold time” (to maintain other envelope length.
- Improved panning law.
- Command: Explode Loop to All Pads – converts a loop pad to all 16 pads as one-shots, with pop-up to choose between ‘stretched’ render, or raw loop.
- Command: Generate Pattern from Loop Timing – Creates notes + Late-Graph offsets for a loop file, based on the loop slice points.
- Command: Convert back to OneShot (so One shots can be stretched-to-tempo with the various settings / loop-stretching algorithms).
- Alternate OpenSoundControl build + template, for Lemur users.
- Alternate TouchOSC build + template, for TouchOSC users.
- Alternate Korg PadKontrol build which automatically detects and connects to the PadKontrol.
- Screen redraw improvements (hardware accelerated graphics).
- Support for dragging from Cubase Media Bay, fixes for dragging files from StudioOne browser.
- MIDI Key names in piano roll support, for hosts which allow it (e.g. Reaper/FL Studio/ StudioOne).
- Additional MIDI CC controls.
- Dozens of bug fixes.
Nerve is available to purchase for $199 USD. The update is free for existing Nerve users.
More information: Xfer Records / Nerve
New Atlantis Audio has announced the release of MD16, an Elektron Machinedrum ReFill for the Kong drum designer instrument in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Powered by 200 samples captured at 24 bit with custom multiple velocity layers directly through a Prism signal chain – MD16 puts the one-of-a-kind sound of the Elektron Monomachine in your rack and at your fingertips. Mix, match and tweak between 100 Kong .drum patches to create endless Kong kits of your own.
Folks who purchase MD16 can create a short demo track and send it to us on Soundcloud. Our favorites will become the official audio demos for the product, with credit and links to your music on our site, plus your choice of two free New Atlantis Audio ReFills!
The ReFill is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: New Atlantis Audio / MD16
VST Buzz has launched a limited time promotion on Vintage Machine Drums, a drum one-shot sample library by Prime Loops.
Vintage Machine Drums is a mammoth one-shot collection of pristine drum samples from some of the sickest analog drum machines in history offering 3700+ high quality drum one shots to choose from, including all the clap samples, kick one-shots, snare samples, rim shots, open and closed hi-hat sounds, crash samples, ride sounds, tom one-shots, FX samples and percussion sounds.
Get the greatest drum hits from some of the best pieces of analog kit ever made, such as the Airbase, Microkorg, Nord Modular, Polyvox and Spectralist2. Load up on some definitive digital vibes from the likes of the cutting-edge EMX, MC-303 & 505, Raveolution, Wavestation, Xtreme Lead and much, much more! From the veteran to the brand new, “Vintage Machine Drums” covers a range of genres allowing you to get working on anything from Dubstep, EDM, Trap, Techno, D&B and more – break the beat, not the bank!
The sample pack is available from VST Buzz for $33 USD until February 18th, 2014 (regular $66 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Fairly Confusing Waveforms has announced Psychodrumma, a free sample library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
The Psychodrumma is a “machine for blinking lights and making noise”.
Psychodrumma is nonsensical drum machine for NI Kontakt 4, focused on creating random and randomly evolving rhythmic patterns. It is experimental sound device and although it could be used as a regular drum machine, it would be probably impractical.
It is build of nine modules, called pads, each can playback a sound from one of two banks of 100 samples each, each has separate sound control rack and its own simple sequencer. All sequencers are synchronized with host tempo, but can run at different relative speeds and their start points can be de-synchronized, so to say.
The fun feature of Psychodrumma is, that it can play by itself, all of pad’s settings can be randomized on user input, gradually or periodically. You can just tune settings, let it play and observe evolving waves of randomness.
The virtual instrument library for Kontakt includes 200 wav files (24bit/44kHz), and is available to download at no charge.
More information: Fairly Confusing Waveforms / Psychodrumma
Hello Samples has launched JMX09, the second release in the Raw Series of sample packs.
After the warm reception of our first installment in the analog percussion world (the acclaimed RAW Series Vol.1) we decided to make a library built on the same honorable principles -realism, dynamics and usability- but with a more aggressive and punchy sound that complemented the organic, creamy and percussive nature of the previous collection. Of all the drum machines in our arsenal we felt that the 09 was the box that best represented this idea, and thus our next victim was chosen!
The 09 is a 909 inspired drum machine with a twist. The great thing about it it’s that, although you can use it to emulate a convincing 909, it can also go WAY beyond it’s limits. The bass drum and snare circuits have much wider range and the sound is a bit more modern and over-the-top. It’s like a 909 on steroids! This is specially nice since you can end up with something that sounds “familiar” yet not dated like the overused original 909. A clever way of sounding different.
- 2,300+ painstakingly handcut samples (about 200 different sounds x 7 round robin hits + more than 300 single one-shots), organized by type and descriptively labelled.
- A minimum of 4 Round Robin samples of each sound for added realism, most hits have 7 or more Round Robin samples.
- 40 ready to use Machine kits.
- 20 ready to use MPC kits (1000/2500).
- 298 ready to use Ableton Live kits including:
- 23 Drum Rack Kits.
- 18 Impulse Kits.
- 250 individual Sampler patches (Round Robin).
- 7 groups Sampler patches.
- 6 Kontakt patches including automatic Round Robin management.
The sample library is available to purchase for 10 EUR. A free demo pack can be downloaded from the product page.
More information: Hello Samples / Raw Series Vol 2 JMX09
AudioSpillage has announced a limited time sale, offering 25% off its Elecktroid instrument plug-in for Mac.
AudioSpillage is running a 25% discount 48-hour flash sale for their Elecktroid drum machine and drum synthesis plugin. The deal runs until 31st January 2014.
AudioSpillage will also be closing their 25% discountDrumSpillage 2 pre-order deal at the end of January 2014.
More information: AudioSpillage
Zenhiser has launched TR-808 The Drum Machine, a sample pack featuring a collection of 1,437 sound and beats from the TR-808 drum machine by Roland.
Authentic Roland TR-808’s in perfect condition have become harder and harder to find year on year so here at Zenhiser we decided it was time to sample the hell out of a perfect condition TR 808, then run it through some awesome analogue gear and deliver a pinnacle pack of TR-808 drum sounds plus a superbly programmed array of drum loops that have spanned the 808 decades. We really went to town with the drum sampling of this 808 drum machine, developing new techniques of takes with altering decay and tone times to give you the music producer as much control as if you actually owned this awesome drum machine. Every preset has been sampled to perfection and quickly folder’d for ease of use so all you need to do is assign the drum samples to your DAW or sampler and voila, you have an authentic Roland TR-808 right there in your studio, ready to use and abuse!
To make the package even sweeter we spent hours creating similar versions of authentic drum beats from the decades ranging in bpm from 88 to 170, over 560 drum loops in total, now that’s a huge library of drum loops any producer in EDM or retro freak can not refuse. Just have a look at the specs below to see how comprehensive this drum machine pack really is, and as far as we know there is no other 808 sample pack this dedicated, detailed and comprehensive anywhere in the world.
The sample pack costs $35 AUD.
More information: Zenhiser / TR-808 The Drum Machine