UVI has announced the release of Urban Suite, a captivating collection of five new software instruments with an accompanying sizeable sample library tailored towards urban contemporary music producers.
UVI, producers of one of the best selling urban sample libraries ever, are back with the most complete suite of instruments and sounds for beat-driven street music production on the planet. Urban Suite delivers 5 new instruments and a massive sample library tailored for contemporary music producers, perfect for hip hop, R&B, trap, glitch, beat, experimental and more. Both a comprehensive retrospective of the classics and a collection of new and innovative tools, Urban Suite embodies the creative spirit and boundary-pushing heritage of beat music production.
In an effort to give you the absolute best sound quality possible, every sample used in Urban Suite (both in-instrument samples and all of the construction kits) were professionally mastered by Chris Gehringer at Sterling Sound in NYC. A modern legend of urban music, Chris has worked with Rihanna, JayZ, 50 Cent, Wu-Tang Clan, Snoop Dog, Nas, Naughty by Nature & Robin Thicke to name a few. His amazing ears and genre expertise have helped to make every aspect of Urban Suite sound simply fantastic out of the box.
Urban Suite features
- 5 new instruments and a massive sample library tailored for contemporary music producers, perfect for hip hop, R&B, trap, glitch, beat, experimental and more
- BeatShaper – The ultimate urban drum machine.
- Prime8 – A beat machine legend, reborn.
- Urban X – Unique tweakable sample synth.
- Scratch Machine – Fully-loaded expressive scratch instrument.
- BeatControl – Multitrack looping powerhouse.
- Includes 152 construction kits, 903 loops, 17,649 samples (8.1 GB content).
- 44.1 kHz. Recording at 96 kHz.
The Urban Suite library is available to purchase for $199 USD.
More information: UVI / Urban Suite
Bleep Labs has announced that its The Bleep Drum drum machine with sequencer and pitch-adjustable samples, is now also available with a MIDI input.
The Bleep Drum is an Arduino based drum machine designed by Dr. Bleep.
The Bleep Drum has been upgraded with full MIDI control.
Now you can trigger the four samples, toggle noise and reverse modes, as well as change the pitch of all four samples with any device that can send MIDI.
Retrofit kits available to upgrade any previous Bleep or Dam Drum.
The kit with MIDI is available to purchase for $75 USD (DIY) / $110 USD (assembled). The MIDI versions ship in mid November, 2013. The MIDI retrofit kit is available to purchase for $17 USD.
More information: Bleep Labs / The Bleep Drum
AfroDJMac has released a free Korg Volca Beats sound pack for Ableton Live.
I don’t own any of these little guys, but Arthur Kaprelian does, and he was kind of to send over some samples. My first impression was “whoa this little drum machine sounds huge!” The file he sent over was about 6 minutes long worth of different drum hits. I sifted through them all and picked sixteen sounds and put them into an Ableton Drum Rack. If you are feeling adventurous, dig into the Project file, then the Samples folder, and feel free to grab some additional drum hits from there. Again, there are over 6 minutes worth of drums!
As a little bonus, I created an Audio FX Rack to go along with this creation. The Drum Smash! rack adds Saturation and Compression to any sound you place it after. Simply turn the “Smash” knob and go to town. Feel free to experiment with it on sounds other than drums!
The Live pack is a free download at AfroDJMac.
More information: AfroDJMac / Korg Volca Beats
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Oct 29, 2013
Intua has updated its BeatMaker 2 music workstation app for iOS to version 2.5.
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Changes in BeatMaker v2.5
- Compatible with Apple iOS Inter-App Audio (iOS7 only, iPhone+iPad).
- Compatible with iOS 7 on all devices (fix the graphic glitch on iPhone 5S).
- INTUA Sound Store for getting new kits and sound banks.
- New effect: Stereo delay.
- MIDI note learn on drum machine: configure each drum sampler exactly like your MIDI controller.
- MIDI Clock and MIDI transport messages improved.
- Quick MIDI CC touch’n'learn on instruments, mixer and effects controls.
- Every instrument will listen on MIDI Channel #1 by default.
- Take-over mode for reading back sequencer automations.
- Looping will no longer reset automations.
- OMNI disabled by default.
- MIDI Clock messages are sent by default.
- Auto-saved sessions (“Last Session”) now saved with project name, in a special directory “Auto-saved Sessions”.
- MIDI configuration templates will now save custom note mapping.
- GM Drum mapping mode in Drum Machine MIDI configuration panel.
- Note length can be edited directly on the pattern editor.
- Missing samples will still be displayed on pads and keyboard mapping editor for easier recovery (prefixed with a cross).
- Update to Audiobus SDK 1.0.2.
- Other fixes and enhancements.
BeatMaker 2 for iOS costs $19.99 USD.
More information: Intua / BeatMaker 2
BHK Samples has launched Premium Drumz for Kontakt, an instrument library designed in co-operation with SONIDIOM to enable you to access and work with the Premium Drumz in a fully functional drum machine.
This instrument features two views – the mixer view which allows you to browse through the drums, to adjust the volume, to tune and for panning as well as sending them to dedicated outputs – and the edit view in which you can apply sample start, envelope and a three band EQ to each drum sound.
For the ease of use we loosely based our mapping on the General Midi drum mapping, so that you can mix & match your drum kits and your drum rhythms very easily and also in order to give you the possibility to use third-party GM Midi-files.
Every control of the instrument, every knob, button or selection menu, is automatable. That means you can either use host or midi automation to control it. So, if you happen to have a midi-controller with enough knobs and buttons you’d be able to control the entire instrument via your controller.
Another great feature is the randomizer function to easily generate anytime new drum kits or just parts of a drum kit, every other parameter will remain as you’ve set it up.
Premium Drumz for Kontakt features
- Includes 293 kicks, 302 snares, 136 hihats, 32 ghostsnares, 33 shuffles, 33 cymbals, 33 claps, 80 percussions, 24 toms.
- Fast & easy workflow.
- Browse through all the samples via the interface.
- Comprehensive mixer page.
- Detailed edit page for single sounds.
- Extensive midi capabilities – remote control the entire instrument.
- Create new kits on the fly via the inspiring drum randomizer.
- GM-like drum mapping – ideal for reusing standard midi-files.
- Kontakt 5/WAV format (24-bit/44.1Khz).
The library is available to purchase for £39.95 GBP. An upgrade for Premium Drumz sample pack users is available.
More information: BHK Samples / Premium Drumz for Kontakt