Bruns and Spork has announced the release of Grooove, a virtual drum machine that enables the user to easily create vibrant and dynamic drum kits while making use of maximally two samples per drum sound.
Common drum plug-ins that rely on a multi-layer strategy, managing huge and often bulky and cumbersome libraries and kits, are a suitable tool for users that try to simulate real acoustic drums.
By contrast, Grooove is aimed at beat programmers and musicians who prefer a fast, inspiring and creative approach to drum sound design. If you want to compose individual responsive drum kits of a handful samples, Grooove might become your best friend.
- True cross platform architecture & multiple host support.
- Mac OS X 10.7 and Windows Vista or later.
- Compatible with virtually all VST2, VST3 or AU hosts.
- Unique ‘dualistic’ sound engine.
- 49 kits featuring high-end and lofi sounds and a whole bunch of vintage drum machine samples.
- Supported audioformats: AIF, WAV.
- mono/stereo, 8, 16, 20 and 24 Mit, 32 Bit Floating Point.
- 8 stereo audio outputs including mini mixer.
- 128 Keys (Pads) capable of holding up to 2 samples each.
- 11 velocity sensitive sound parameters per Key.
- 8 LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators).
- Volume and balance/pan controls on all 128 Keys.
- MIDI processors: Compressor, Expander, Substract, Add, Range.
- Stand-alone application has a basic MIDI file player built-in.
- ‘Clues Bar’ shows available mouse and keyboard options.
- Compact and effective GUI design.
Grooove is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) for the introductory price of 34.50 EUR until August 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: Bruns and Spork
Desert Sound Studios has released version 1.2 of Mk-iii, a fully-featured modular drum machine built for Ableton Live.
The Mk-iii combines the latest music technology with classic synthesizer design. The result is a musical instrument that’s meant to be played.
The core of the Mk-iii drum revolves around two completely independant Max for Live devices, a step sequencer and a sample playback module. Though each device can be used on its own, the Mk-iii drum machine is only realized when the two devices combine into a single musical instrument.
Changes in Mk-iii v1.2
- Unused parameters no longer affect Lives undo history.
- Drum Module decay settings now load properly on startup.
- Sequencer settings now saved with Live Project (v1.1).
- Adds clear and reset functions to Sequencer (v1.1).
- Adds new MK-iii Effects device (v1.1).
Mk-iii is available for purchase for $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Live 8 or 9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
Puremagnetik has launched Wicked Kits, a collection of 5 free drum kits for Ableton Live.
Wicked Kits includes 5 free Ableton Live Drum Kits optimized for Live 9 and programmed for real-time performance. It is packed with a number samples from classic drum machines, synths and vinyl.
The download is available from Puremagnetik.
More information: Puremagnetik / Wicked Kits
Samplephonics has released 58 Tube 909 Samples, a new title in its micro sample pack series.
This sample pack contains 58 24 Bit Wav 909 samples, with direct to disk (clean) options, as well as analogue tube options that have been recorded through a Thermionic Culture Vulture analogue distortion unit for a super fat, soft and fuzzy take on the classic 909 sound.
All samples have been ready formatted for EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ and are 100% royalty free and ready to download. The samples in this pack are a small collection taken from our flagship SP909 Rhythm Composer virtual instrument.
The pack is available for just £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Voltage Disciple has announced the release of a new free Ableton Live pack.
It contains the TR 727 /TR 626 /TR 505/ Drum racks as well as the Volca Drum rack. Each drum sound in the four drum racks contain individual controls, plus macro controls for NY type compression.
These Drum racks are an accurate representation of the originals but provide extra controls on each sound. No fuss straight up instruments.
If you like our free stuff give us a like on our Facebook page or pick up one of our sound banks and at the moment you could win a LIVID Block Midi Controller…
The download is available at no charge.
More information: Voltage Disciple / Free packs
Samplephonics has launched 68 Tape 808 Samples, a collection of 808 samples plus sampler instruments.
We sampled a freshly serviced 808 through Neve converters, Chandler preamps and a Studar tape machine. The result is quite simply the last collection of 808 samples you will ever need to own!
Taken from our Samplephonics 808 virtual instrument, these essential drum samples contain a collection of all the 808 drums in both clean (direct to disk) and tape (through the Studar.)
68 Tape 808 Samples features
- 11.4MB content.
- 68 One Shot drum samples.
- Clean and Tape kits.
- Sampler Instruments for EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ.
The sample pack is available for purchase for £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
MPC-Samples has launched Drum Machine Evolution, a new drum sample pack by Canedrive & Pad Pimps.
MPC-Samples.com is proud to announce the release of Drum Machine Evolution, the exciting new drum collection from Canedrive & Pad Pimps featuring a phenomenal array of classic drum machine sounds extensively resampled and layered with a sublime array of analog sources that most self-respecting studios would die for: ASR 10, Emu SP12, Akai S950, analog tape and vinyl.
Drum Machine Evolution features
- 336 sounds in total, including a 144 sound drum library & two 16 sound drum machine kits provided in 6 resampled formats each (192 sounds).
- WAV & Legacy MPC SND formats.
- Compatible with all MPCs, Maschine & any sampler that reads WAV files.
- Royalty Free.
The sample pack is available for purchase for 18.99 EUR.
More information: MPC-Samples / Drum Machine Evolution