Samples From Mars has announced Drum Machine Samples, a free sample pack featuring 16 sounds from the Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
This is a free sampler of our more extensive libraries. Each vintage drum machine has been sampled through a nice selection of professional outboard gear, including API Preamp, SSL 4000 Console, Emu SP-1200 sampler, Otari MTR-12 Mastering reel to reel, and Apogee Conversion.
The punch of the drums is achieved through varying amounts of tape saturation (always on fresh tape), compression, gate, EQ, and filters.
Drum Machines Samples features
- 16 24 bit Wav Drum Samples.
- Sounds from: Linndrum, TR-808, TR-909, Simmons & CR-78.
- No need for additional mixing.
- Ample headroom if mixing is required.
The pack is a free download at Samples From Mars. The full Tape Drum Machine Samples pack is currently on sale for $48 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / Drum Machine Samples
Samplephonics has launched 34 Classic Drum Machine Samples, a new sample pack featuring the sounds of the Yamaha RX5 and Oberheim DX.
The sounds of the 80′s instantly brought to a DAW near you. Next up in the Samplephonics vintage drum machine series is a collection of 34 pristine drum hits from two of the industries long lost heroes; The Oberheim DX and The Yamaha RX5.
Having graced such classic records as New Orders’s ‘Blue Monday’, the Oberheim DX has long been established as a pioneer in the evolution of the ‘New Wave’ era as well as featuring on countless, groundbreaking Hip-Hop records.
The sample pack is available for £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics
Goldbaby Productions has announced the release of its Thermionic Solid State Drums sample library.
Drums and FX created using a lovely collection of 11 old and new analog drum machines and 6 synths. All recorded through a 1073 pre, then a Fat Bustard II valve mixer and various other high end studio gear.
Lots of the sounds have multiple samples for velocity mapping. Most of the kicks and congas are tuned. Also included are a bunch of analog sourced layering tools which are incredibly useful for beefing up kicks, adding sizzle to snares or transient clicks to kicks…
Thermionic Solid State Drums features
- Drum machines used: CR8000 (Modded), Tempest, Tanzbar, DRM1 mkIII, M.Brane, Volca Beats, Mrs Bass Drum, Andromeda Space Rockers, Clap Trap, Thunderclap, Space Drum, D1000 (Valve drum machine).
- Synths used: Prophet 12, PERfourMER, Leipzig-S, Analog Four, MS20, SH101.
- 5070 wav samples (24-bit).
- 38 bonus Rex loops.
- Support for Maschine, Geist, Battery 3, EXS-24, Reason Refill.
The sample library is available for purchase for $49 USD.
Goldbaby has also released ValveDR220e, a free drums sample pack.
contains 44 x 24 bit wav drums. Created using a vintage 80s drum machine through valve gear.
More information: Goldbaby / Thermionic Solid State Drums
Bruns and Spork has announced the release of Grooove, a virtual drum machine that enables the user to easily create vibrant and dynamic drum kits while making use of maximally two samples per drum sound.
Common drum plug-ins that rely on a multi-layer strategy, managing huge and often bulky and cumbersome libraries and kits, are a suitable tool for users that try to simulate real acoustic drums.
By contrast, Grooove is aimed at beat programmers and musicians who prefer a fast, inspiring and creative approach to drum sound design. If you want to compose individual responsive drum kits of a handful samples, Grooove might become your best friend.
- True cross platform architecture & multiple host support.
- Mac OS X 10.7 and Windows Vista or later.
- Compatible with virtually all VST2, VST3 or AU hosts.
- Unique ‘dualistic’ sound engine.
- 49 kits featuring high-end and lofi sounds and a whole bunch of vintage drum machine samples.
- Supported audioformats: AIF, WAV.
- mono/stereo, 8, 16, 20 and 24 Mit, 32 Bit Floating Point.
- 8 stereo audio outputs including mini mixer.
- 128 Keys (Pads) capable of holding up to 2 samples each.
- 11 velocity sensitive sound parameters per Key.
- 8 LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators).
- Volume and balance/pan controls on all 128 Keys.
- MIDI processors: Compressor, Expander, Substract, Add, Range.
- Stand-alone application has a basic MIDI file player built-in.
- ‘Clues Bar’ shows available mouse and keyboard options.
- Compact and effective GUI design.
Grooove is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone) for the introductory price of 34.50 EUR until August 1st, 2014 (regular 79 EUR).
More information: Bruns and Spork
Desert Sound Studios has released version 1.2 of Mk-iii, a fully-featured modular drum machine built for Ableton Live.
The Mk-iii combines the latest music technology with classic synthesizer design. The result is a musical instrument that’s meant to be played.
The core of the Mk-iii drum revolves around two completely independant Max for Live devices, a step sequencer and a sample playback module. Though each device can be used on its own, the Mk-iii drum machine is only realized when the two devices combine into a single musical instrument.
Changes in Mk-iii v1.2
- Unused parameters no longer affect Lives undo history.
- Drum Module decay settings now load properly on startup.
- Sequencer settings now saved with Live Project (v1.1).
- Adds clear and reset functions to Sequencer (v1.1).
- Adds new MK-iii Effects device (v1.1).
Mk-iii is available for purchase for $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite / Ableton Live 8 or 9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
Puremagnetik has launched Wicked Kits, a collection of 5 free drum kits for Ableton Live.
Wicked Kits includes 5 free Ableton Live Drum Kits optimized for Live 9 and programmed for real-time performance. It is packed with a number samples from classic drum machines, synths and vinyl.
The download is available from Puremagnetik.
More information: Puremagnetik / Wicked Kits
Samplephonics has released 58 Tube 909 Samples, a new title in its micro sample pack series.
This sample pack contains 58 24 Bit Wav 909 samples, with direct to disk (clean) options, as well as analogue tube options that have been recorded through a Thermionic Culture Vulture analogue distortion unit for a super fat, soft and fuzzy take on the classic 909 sound.
All samples have been ready formatted for EXS24, Kontakt, Reason NN-XT, Ableton Sampler, MOTU MachFive, Steinberg Halion and SFZ and are 100% royalty free and ready to download. The samples in this pack are a small collection taken from our flagship SP909 Rhythm Composer virtual instrument.
The pack is available for just £5 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics