Propellerhead Software has released version 1.4 of the ReBirth App for iOS.
ReBirth is back! Propellerhead Software’s legendary Techno Micro Composer has been resurrected and customized for the iPad. ReBirth faithfully emulates dance music’s three backbone devices: The Roland TB-303 Bass synth and the Roland TR-808 and 909 drum machines.
Combine these with FX units, fully featured pattern sequencers and a gorgeous-looking interface and you’re ready to make killer tracks on your iPad. Share your music with friends on Facebook, Twitter and more using the built in sharing features.
Changes in ReBirth for iPad v1.4
- Share your ReBirth tracks with friends – Send ReBirth files via email to other ReBirth users.
- Send song files to other apps – ReBirth can now send files to other file handling apps on your iOS device.
- Back up and restore songs via iTunes – You can now copy ReBirth songs to and from your iPad to your computer via iTunes.
The ReBirth app is available to purchase for $8.99 USD until September 18th, 2013, in celebration of 909 day (regular $14.99 USD).
More information: Propellerhead / ReBirth App
, Desert Sound Studios
, drum machine
, Max for Live
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 10, 2013
Desert Sound Studios has announced the release of Mk-iii, a drum machine instrument for Max for Live, comprising a step-sequencer and drum sample playback module.
The MK-iii drum machine from Desert Sound Studios takes a new approach to traditional drum machine design. By splitting the drum machine into two, each Max for Live device can be used separately or combined into a single drum machine. This flexibility opens up new possibilities inside Live.
Highly influenced by the digital drum machines of the late 80′s, the MK-iii includes a full electronic drum sample kit from that era. Quickly load these sounds or your own and shape them with the on-board filter, bit crusher and delays. And for those with Lemur, a touch template covering nearly every parameter can be downloaded for free at desertsoundstudios.com.
The MK-iii combines the familiarity of a drum machine with the advantages of modern technology. For owners of Live 9 Suite, this combination makes a great gateway into the powerful world of Max for Live.
- Four independent 16-step sequencer tracks.
- Assignable note and accent velocity.
- Selectable midi note output and note duration.
- Independent pattern start and pattern length adjustments.
- Two trigger modes:Song Sync (Ableton) and MIDI Input (note trigger).
- Swing function and Step Divider.
- Drum module
- Four independent dual-sample sound engines.
- Optimized audio playback engine and voice allocation system.
- Independent coarse tune, fine tune and volume per sample.
- Pan and Decay setting per sound.
- Multi-effects per sound (Filter, Bit Crush, and Delay+Filter).
- Unique modular design; connect the sequencer or the sample playback module Max for Live devices through track-based MIDI and audio routing.
- Includes full drum sample kit based on the Dr-550 drum machine.
- Optional Lemur template provides touch control over nearly every parameter of the Mk-iii.
The Mk-iii drum machine costs $23.99 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9 Suite or Ableton Live 8/9 with Max for Live Add-on.
More information: Desert Sound Studios / Mk-iii
Samplephonics is offering a limited time 50% discount on its 909 Rhythm Composer library for Native Instruments Kontakt in celebration of 909 Day.
It’s the 9th day of the 9th month, and that can mean only one thing. 909 day!! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we’re offering our deep sampled 909 Sequencer for Kontakt at half price..that’s £24.50!! This offer lasts for today only, so move fast!
Repeatable content blocks: Over 4500 24 Bit 909 samples, direct to disk and tube saturated sounds available, a beautifully designed custom Kontakt interface, and a fully functioning sequencer with beat presets. It doesn’t get much better than this.
Save £29 and get the 909 and 808 sequencer in one bundle. Two of the finest drum machines ever created, deep sampled, designed and scripted to bring you what we believe to be the most lifelike emulations ever created.
The sale ends September 9th, 2013.
More information: Samplephonics / 909 Rhythm Composer
Boscomac has announced the release of Memory Stick 20, a free drum hybrid analog/digital instrument for Native Instruments Reaktor.
MEMORY STICK 20 is a drumbox-based on analog sounds, designed like vintage gear, reinforced by digital flexibility and easy to integrate into your DAW.
MEMORY STICK 20 is a beatbox sample-based on MS20 mini analog synth. Sounds from the legendary synthesizer were carved to get a kick, a snare, a clave, etc..
Every sound has been treated through analog peripherals worthy of the name: Preamp Cartec Audio, Eq Chandler Limiter, Compressor Shadow Hills. Then they were arranged in Reaktor to give birth to an old school drum machine, simple to use and really fun in the style of a TR808!
According to sources, you can set the Tune, Decay, Tone, Drive or the Reverb and put everything in a Tape Saturation. The drum machine is compatible with the GM standard and can be used in multi-out.
The ensemble for Reaktor is a free download. Donations are appreciated.
More information: Boscomac / Memory Stick 20
Korg has announced the Beat Boy, a new unit featuring a drum machine, recorder, and tuner.
Beat Boy is packed with features that allow guitarists or bassists to improve their abilities easily and reliably while having fun playing their instrument.
The functionality of four products is packed into this single unit; in addition to a tuner, there’s a rhythm machine covering 100 diverse styles, an effect section for adding sonic variation to your guitar tone, and a recorder that allows 16-bit/44.1 kHz recording of your performances.
So compact, it fits easily into the pocket of your gig bag, it’s the ideal partner for any guitarist or bassist.
Beat Boy features
- Perform backed by 100 full-fledged rhythm patterns.
- Use the tap tempo feature to adjust the tempo intuitively, or use the tempo adjustment buttons to make fine adjustments.
- Adjust the volume of the drum machine to fine tune the mix balance with your guitar sound.
- Tuner function ensures that your pitch is accurate.
- Overdrive/distortion effect for electric guitar.
- Recorder allows 16-bit/44.1 kHz PCM recording and playback.
- Approximately 20 minutes of recording, with a maximum of 100 tracks.
- USB port allows your recorded phrases to be easily backed-up to your computer.
- Internal mic supports acoustic instruments.
- Built-in speaker lets you immediately listen back to recorded sounds.
Beat Boy is scheduled for release in Fall 2013, priced at $89.99 USD.
More information: Korg / Beat Boy