Samples From Mars has launched its TR 909 Samples Library, a collection of raw TR 909 samples reecorded to tape.
If you’re after raw, banging 909 samples, look no further. To finish off our Drum Machine Samples Collection we’ve taken a Roland TR 909 Drum Machine and recorded it through a legendary SSL 4000 G+ analog console to a mastering reel to reel 1/4″ tape machine.
After using various high end processing (almost exclusively analog), we edited every hit by hand, and arranged the best ones into corresponding folders, named simply and sorted chromatically for maximum ease of use.
TR 909 Samples Library features
- 332 24bit, royalty free TR 909 samples recorded through an SSL Console to tape.
- Every hit has been re-pitched extensively & arranged by tuning.
- 72 deep kick drums, ranging from clean to dirty, low to hi.
- 61 punchy & saturated snares.
- 199 additional Claps, Hi Hats, Toms, Rims, & more.
The sample pack costs $18 USD.
More information: Samples From Mars / TR 909 Samples Library
Forgotten Keys has released FK15, a virtual Bentley (Ace Tone) Rhythm Ace FR-3 analogue drum machine for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Unusual for a rhythm unit of this era, the FR-3 boasts sounds that are accentuated on certain beats, mainly with the latin rhythms. This has been re-created along with all the rhythms in this virtual instrument for the full version of Kontakt.
The FK15 features isolated multi-samples of each drum sound – some at four accent levels – and re-creations of all the internal rhythm patterns. The patterns can be combined with each other just like the original. The volume, panning, tuning and mute status of each sound can be adjusted, and the MIDI input and audio output routing can be customised.
The sample library costs £4 GBP.
More information: Forgotten Keys / Ace Tone Rhythm Ace FR-3
Desert Sound Studios has released DR-550 Sample Kit, a free electronic drum sample pack.
Includes all of the original samples of the Boss DR-550, a late 80′s digital drum machine.
The kit includes 83 drum samples in 24-bit WAV format.
Each sample was carefully recorded through a Focusrite ISA preamp and RME analog to digital converters.
The pack is a free download at Desert Sound Studios.
More information: Desert Sound Studios
Franke Music has announced the release of Stroke Machine, a drum and groove synthesizer for the iPad.
Stroke Machine is a professional Drum and Groove Synthesizer and Sequencer for the iPad developed by Wolfram Franke.
Program your own rhythm and groove patterns and switch between them in a live performance. Mute or solo individual instruments, change parameters on the fly and record your performance as high-quality audio file for sharing or later editing on your computer.
The high-contrast user interface is perfectly suited for dim light situations on stage and assists in sound creation in the studio.
Stroke Machine’s powerful synthesizer engine features high-quality Oscillator, Filter, Overdrive and Effect models, extremly fast Envelopes and LFO, sample-exact Pattern Sequencer and a sophisticated Sample, Sound and Pattern library.
Stroke Machine features
- 12 drum and percussion sound parts.
- 12 melodic sound parts.
- Number of voices only limited by CPU.
- Four multi-effect busses.
- Pattern with up to eight bars and 16th resolution, bar nominator and denominator freely adjustable.
- 128 patterns including all sounds in direct access.
- Modulation sequencer for smooth or quantised automation of each continuous sound and bus parameter.
- Track and solo mute.
- Sample import.
- Audio export of a pattern or the whole performance.
- AudioBus Support.
- WIST support.
Stroke Machine is available for the introductory price of 13.99 EUR/$14.99 USD from December 20th to 26th, 2013 (regular 17.99 EUR/$19.99 USD).
More information: Franke Music
Ola Wistedt has announced version 2.0 of TheDrumSource, a free sample-based drum machine instrument for Windows.
It has a sequencer and a built in sample browser. It looks and “feels” like a classic (x0x) hardware drum machine.
TheDrumSource is designed with the purpose to be very simple and easy to work with even if you are used to work with hardware drum machines or not.
The sequencer has 24 sequences (16/32/64/128 bars) for your patterns.
Changes in TheDrumSource v2.0
- New sequencer engine (much more accurate).
- 16/32/64/128 sequences choosable for each pattern.
- Pan knobs.
- Swing mode on choosable channels.
- A sample package created by Mats Lindfors will be included in the installation.
- A preset to get started faster.
The plug-in is a free download for Windows (VST).
More information: TheDrumSource
AudioRealism has announced its Holiday Sale, offering a 30.3% discount on its plug-ins and bundles for a limited time.
December 11th, 2013 Snow-storm Xmas / New Years sale! 30.3% Off all Plug-ins and Bundles!
AudioRealism Holiday Sale
- AudioRealism Bass Line 2, AudioRealism Drum Machine, AudioRealism Bass Line Pro are all just 67 EUR (regular 95 EUR).
- The ABL2 and ADM bundle is now 102 EUR (regular 145 EUR).
- The Complete Bundle (ABL2+ADM+ABL Pro) is 137 EUR (regular 195 EUR).
The sale ends January 1st, 2014.
More information: AudioRealism
HeadlessBuddha Samples has announced Tape DD-10, a free drum machine library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
HeadlessBuddha Samples Tape DD-10 sampled instrument for NI Kontakt.
‘What a cool old dirty drum machine!’– Me about the Yamaha DD-10 when I first saw it some years ago.
This is really a charming lo-fi low cost 8-bit drum machine released in 1988 aimed at the home market and I really love it. I’m writing in first person because I wanted to get really personal about this one. This is one of my all time favorites and it’s the sample pack I use the most when it comes to drum machines.
Tape DD-10 features
- 75 Samples (three round robins on each drum).
- 1 Kontakt instrument.
- 44.1kHz/24 bit .wav format.
- All recorded through tape.
- Bonus: 17 personal impulse responses to make your sound even more unique. One of them was even recorded through tape too.
The sample pack is a free download from the HeadlessBuddha Samples Facebook (no like required).
More information: HeadlessBuddha Samples / Tape DD-10
Dark Side of the Tune has released Volca Beast, a free sound library featuring the sounds of the new analog drum machine by Korg.
The Volca Beats was put through multiple gain stages and frequency modulation to create even more depth and range. From quick thumpy sounds for techno and like genres, to beefy Hip-Hop style rhythms, Volca Beast can easily fit into most productions.
All sounds were recorded into analog outboard conservatively, then the Universal Audio Apollo for rock-solid digital stability. These sounds are not normalized, and brought up to about -6 so no digital distortion occurs.
All sounds are offered in 16 and 24 bit resolution, 44.1kHz wave files.
The sample pack is a free download at Dark Side of the Tune’s SoundCloud.
More information: Dark Side of the Tune / Volca Beast