Arturia has released version 1.7 of Spark and SparkLE, the creative drum machine instruments for Windows and Mac.
SparkLE is the newest hybrid instrument from Arturia that will take your beat creation to new levels. By combining the amazing sounds, work flow and creative tools of the Spark Engine software, with the high quality SparkLE controller, Arturia has created the ultimate beat creating powerhouse.
Changes in Spark/SparkLE v1.7
- A user-friendly and unified browser that can now be controlled from the Hardware. This browser allows to quickly preview projects, kits, instruments and samples..
- Six new effects taken from the Arturia Wurlitzer V stompbox effects collectio : EQ 10 bands, Analog Delay, Pitch shift Chorus, Vocal Filter, Analog Chorus, Leslie.
- A Step Automation for live performances.
- A new Global Automation Tool that will easily allow you to apply a global increment/decrement to the automation..
- New automate pattern changes parameters (next pattern and next bank).
- 9 new kits.
The Spark 1.7 software update is now available to download.
More information: Arturia
H.G. Fortune has announced the release of DrumBurst X-824, a free drum machine instrument plug-in for Windows.
Finally here it is: DrumBurst X-824, and the good news is it is free. The bad news, well, not really bad as only temporary this is my last Synthedit based plugin. Thus it marks the end of a 10 years era. Now I’m looking for new tools to create plugins in future, but this may take some time.
DrumBurst is an 8 parts drum machine with 64 waves at each slot making 512 waves in total: not too much for a quick selection but a good variety to work with.
The inbuilt sequencer features 24 Main Pattern each based on the combination of a dedicated wave, Mute status and 1 out of 6 Step Pattern variations per part. This provides a lot of variation and less of programming effort as pattern can be re-used with a different instrument.
DrumBurst X-824 for Windows (VST) is available to download here.
More information: H.G. Fortune
Forgotten Keys has launched FK13: Korg Mini-Pops 3 (AKA Univox SR-55), a virtual drum machine instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Forgotten Keys Korg Mini-Pops 3 (aka Univox SR-55 & Aria Diamond) for Kontakt.
The MP-3 or SR-55, depending or where it was purchased, is an all analogue drum machine from the 1970s. Although it has less sounds that the MP-7/SR-95 it has more rhythm patterns due to the 36 variations of the swing/foxtrot rhythm.
The nine sounds are similar to the equivalents of the MP-7/SR-95 though the bass and cymbals are a little different. If you already have my FK1 Kontakt instrument there will not be a lot new here but I thought it was worth doing for a “no-brainer” price as I believe the current expression goes.
FK13: Korg Mini-Pops 3 features
- 9 multi-sampled sounds.
- 20 combinable re-created rhythms with 36 variations of the foxtrot/swing rhythm.
- Volume, pan, tune and mute for each sound.
- Note input and audio output routing.
The sample library costs £3 GBP.
More information: Forgotten Keys / FK13: Korg Mini-Pops 3
, drum machine
, Hip hop
, instrument plugins
, Rob Papen
Posted in news
on Jul 15, 2013
Rob Papen has announced that the limited-edition EDM and Urban bundles have been extended to the end of July, 2013.
These two special bundle packs were created with Urban and Electronic Dance Music producers in mind.
The EDM Synth Bundle and the Urban Synth Bundle each include three Rob Papen synths, saving you around 45% off the combined price, but don’t wait around as there are only limited amounts available worldwide.
- The EDM Synth Bundle SRP: €199 / $239 / £169
Comprising Rob Papen’s Predator virtual synth, Punch drum machine, and Blade virtual additive synthesizer plug-ins, the EDM Synth Bundle is a highly-flexible electronic monster, offering masses of diverse sounds
for electronic dance producers.
- The Urban Synth Bundle SRP: €199 / $239 / £169
Ideal for producers of Dubstep, Drum ‘n’ Bass, Garage, and Grime, the Rob Papen Urban Synth Bundle includes the SubBoomBass ultra deep bass synth, Punch drum machine, and Predator virtual synth plug-ins, and will also seamlessly fit into Hip Hop, Rap and R&B music creation workflows.
The offer expires July 31st, 2013. Users that already own one or more Rob Papen products can contact Rob Papen or an authorised dealer for upgrade information.
More information: Rob Papen
Music-Society has announced the release of CBW01, a free virtual drum machine instrument by Saltline.
The CBW01 drum synthesizer instrument by Saltline.
CBW01 features 4 drum hit editors and 1 effects section. Each editor and the effect section has independent midi controls including, Midi Channel, Midi note Hi and Lo (key range) and 16 modulation slots (sources, pitch wheel, mod wheel, velocity and key follow). This allows for greater dynamics whilst playing. See the feature list below for each drum hit’s modulation destination possibilities. The kick editor also has a space for writing patch information, hit channel, key range etc. This helps when sharing presets or when your patches are getting a little complex you can make notes.
The CBW01 plug-in for Windows (VST) is free to registered Music-Society member (registration is free).
More information: Music-Society
MFB is now shipping the Tanzbär analog drum/percussion machine.
MFB’s Tanzbär drum-computer offers fourteen analogue percussion instruments as well as a synthesizer for bass- and melodic voices.
Its integrated step-sequencer allows flashlight-programming and storage of up to 144 patterns. All parameters can be recorded per step! Because of its ability to control and call up all functions on the fly, while the unit is running, Tanzbär is ideally suited for live performances.
- Analogue drum-computer with tight step-sequencer and 16 instruments.
- Immediate control, integration of MIDI and CV/Gate.
- Different step-lengths per instrument.
- Programmable accent- and pitch-bend-functions.
- 144 patterns with A/B-variations, fill-function to chain various patterns.
- 3 CV- and 2 Gate channels.
- Roll- and flam-recording.
- Individual and global swing-quantization.
- Recording of control-value per step.
- 12 individual outputs, stereo output.
- MIDI- and clock-sync, MIDI-dump.
- Microshift-function via MIDI (future update).
- Metal chassis with wood side panels.
Tanzbär is available to purchase for MSRP 840 EUR.
More information: MFB / Tanzbär
AudioSpillage has announced DrumSpillage 2, the first major update to its multi-model drum synthesizer instrument for Mac OS X.
DrumSpillage 2 is equipped with 13 exclusive drum synthesis models. We’ve retuned the original models from version 1 especially for this release. The models implement a variety of synthesis techniques including classic analog, physical modelling, additive and FM synthesis.
DrumSpillage 2 combines new features with a brand new UI design.
New in DrumSpillage 2
- New streamlined user interface with larger sliders and clearer labelling.
- Upgraded synthesis and DSP architecture including anti-aliasing oscillators.
- 4 LFOs per pad (upgraded from 2 in 1.x).
- Increased number of modulation destinations in the model editor.
- New LFO waveforms and smoother modulation for existing waveforms.
- Support for cross-modulating LFOs.
- Full dynamic velocity control over the synthesis parameters.
- New distortion algorithms.
- MPC/Maschine style pad layout preference.
- New kit presets designed especially for v2.
- Bug fixes and improved overall stability.
DrumSpillage 2 will be released this Summer and is available to pre-order for a 25% discounted price (£56.25 GBP/69 EUR/$89 USD). Pre-order customers will receive a 1.x license to use in the mean time. Users of version 1.x can upgrade for £10 GBP/12.50 EUR/$15.99 USD.
AudioSpillage has also introduced a brand new logo and website for the DrumSpillage 2 announcement.
More information: AudioSpillage
Sunsine Audio has announced it has converted Waveshaper’s Plasticid MkII sample library for use with iOS.
The Boss DR-110 is a cute little drum machine from the early 80s, the last analogue one made by Roland.
The overall sound is very reminiscent to the much praised TR-808 and TR-606. The DR-110 will give you that classic, sought-after sound but with some slight difference and much character.
Plasticid MkII takes this sample pack one step further, with 120 new samples gathered in 18 kits. This new version aims at coloration and expands the sonic palette of the DR-110, processing it using vintage hardware to shape it up nicely. The cymbals are spitting, the bassdrum is kicking, and the snare and claps tones ranging from dark to bright make each kit acting like a rebirth for the mighty DR-110! Great care has been taken about recording a semi open hat sample for even more expression.
Converted and exclusively available for iOS use (Nanostudio and Beatmaker 2) from Sunsine Audio.
Plasticid MkII for iOS features
- 120 One Hit Samples.
- 18 Kits.
- 18 .bmkz files for Beatmaker 2.
- 18 .trg files for Nanostudio.
- Easy Installation Instructions.
Plasticid MkII for iOS is available to purchase for $3.40 USD. The original Wav edition is available from Waveshaper.
More information: Sunsine Audio / Plasticid MkII