Precisionsound has released Monzter Drumz, a drum sample library produced with ease of use and awesome sound in mind, straight out of the box.
All samples have been made to fit in straight away with heavy guitar and bass tones so very little additional tweaking would be needed in the final mix.
The sample library feature KICKS, SNARES, TOMS and CYMBALS and work together with your favorite sample player as well as with the drum replacer plug-in “Drumagog”, to get you going with fast and easy replacement or enhancement of already recorded drums.
For Cubase users we have thrown in a couple of bonuses, like a custom drum map to make navigation around the kit very easy, and also a Cubase Track Archive that works with Cubase 4 and 5 that lets you import a prepared setup of Drumagog inserted audio channels and MIDI channels all routed and ready to go into any session you might be working on.
Monzter Drumz features
- Kicks: Mapex Orion 22″, Sonor Delite 22″ (two versions w. different processing).
- Snares: Mapex Black Panther Brass Snare, Sonor Delite Maple Snare.
- Toms: Mapex Orion 10″, 12″, 14″, 16″.
- Cymbals: 16″ and 18″ Sabian and Zildjian chinas, crashes and splashes, Zildjian K Custom Dark Hats 14″, Zildjian K Custom Ride, Zildjian Ping Ride.
- Articulations: Cymbal Chokes, Cymbal Rolls, Closed, Semi Open, Open Hats, Edge and Bell Rides.
- Drums were sampled using close and overhead mics. Artificially produced ambience is also provided.
- Multi-sampled kits contain 665 mono and stereo 24bit WAV samples.
- All formats are included when you buy the SampleSet: Kontakt, HALion, EXS24, Drumagog & SoundFont.
Monzter Drumz is available to purchase as a download for $69 USD, or on DVD for $80 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Monzter Drumz
Morevox has announced two new product bundles: Creative Bundle and Quick Bundle.
- Elektromorph I, a massive electronically morphed drum sample library with 32 kicks,44 snares,14 tom sets, 94 cymbals and several other multilayer percussion and fx. More than 800 24bit samples ready to quickly regenerate your drum tracks.
- Elektromorph II, gives you several ways to create amazing drums tracks: deep and punchy digital sounds, warm and dirty-valve analog sounds, dry impact drums, explosive roomy wide hits, massive pure natural sounds, classic Morevox creative sounds, and more, for a total of 820 samples and 118 Instruments (24bit).
- Kaleidoscope, takes a unique approach to drum libraries. Kaleidoscope uses multi-samples to represent unique sample nuances. Recorded with top audio gear, Kaleidoscope samples have been multi-processed up to one hundred times to create several thousand dynamic and multi-colour drum samples! Liquid fat kicks, wide killer snares, aggressive vari-pitch hits with up to 15 variations/layers and 14 dynamic levels for each sound, are arranged in very dense patches.
- PocketSlam 01 Acoustic, a top class acoustic drums library. The samples have been recorded with top quality gear and processed in both analog and digital domain. The room sound volume is adjustable for each sample. PS01 is ideal for re-triggering, to create powerful midi drum tracks and amazing drum loops. PS01, starting from its top class basic sounds, will allows you to access up to 110 and more multilyer sounds (using the battery3 patches).
- Drumbuster, the “entry level” Morevox drum library. Drumbuster is the easiest and advantageous way to immediately boost your drum tracks. Recorded with a Neve VR on 2″ Studer A80 than digitally edited, Drumbuster (15 Kicks, 10 Snares for over than 100 samples) represents the sum of analog warmth and digital dynamic.
The Creative Bundle is available to purchase for $289 USD (upgrade from Elektromorph Bundle for $59 USD), and the Quick Bundle is $49 USD.
More information: Morevox
Morevox has announced the release of Kaleidoscope, a new drum sample library.
MoReVoX Kaleidoscope takes a unique approach to drum libraries. Instead of using multisamples in the traditional way, with a different samples for each volume level, Kaleidoscope uses multisamples to represent unique sample nuances. Recorded with top audio gear, Kaleidoscope samples have been multiprocessed up to one hundred times to create several thousand dynamic and multicolour drum samples!
Liquid Fat kicks, Wide Killer snares, Aggressive Varipitch hits with up to 15 variations/layers and 14 dynamic levels for each sound, are arranged in very dense patches.
The 122 GOGs and 30 Battery3 Kits are divided into two categories – Full Kaleidoscope Patches, full of nuances and variations in sound (ideal for extreme creative uses) and Fixed Kaleidoscope Patches with limited variations in sound (perfect for everyday music and production).
Engineers, producers and musicians alike will find MoReVoX Kaleidoscope represents a priceless tank of alternative sounds to expand their drum palette.
- 3924 samples, 24bit/44.1KHz
- Formats: Drumagog, (raw) wav, Battery 3
- 122 Drumagog programs, 30 Battery 3 patches
- 1 to 14 layers
- 5 to 15 variations per layer
Kaleidoscope is available to purchase for the introductory price of $79 USD (regular $99 USD).
More information: Morevox / Kaleidoscope
Morevox has announced the release of iGOG Editions of its drum sample libraries.
iGOG is an iPhone massive multisampled drum machine unlike any you’ve seen.
Borrowing technology from Drumagog, award winning drum replacer, iGOG features up to 384 multisampled drum hits per pad!
It combines dynamic, random and positional samples to form a drum sound so realistic, you’d swear it was the real thing.
All the Morevox Drums Libraries (Elektromorph I & II , Drivedrums, Pocketslam01 Acoustic) have been optimized for iGOG and arranged in single Kits.
These Single Kits (Ten for each library) may be purchased directly throught the built-in iGOG Store, priced at $0.99 USD each.
More information: Morevox / iGOG
WaveMachine Labs has released iGOG, a drum machine app for the Apple iPhone / iPod Touch.
iGOG uses WaveMachine Labs own patent-pending VelAUcity technology to accurately measure how hard the pads are hit and dynamically respond. iGOG’s drum sounds are based on Drumagog — it plays standard Drumagog files, providing up to 384 multisamples per drum. iGOG also features a mic trigger mode which works like Drumagog, allowing you to trigger drum sounds using the iPhone’s built-in mic. Just tap your desk and iGOG turns it into a drumkit.
iGOG for iPhone features
- VelAUcity – iGOG’s proprietary VelAUcity technology does the unthinkable and turns the iPhone’s screen into touch sensitive drum pads. Play loud, play soft, or play a full-blown crescendo on a crash cymbal, iGOG will capture every nuance of your performance. Just plug in your headphones and start playing. NOTE: VelAUcity is only available on iPhone devices. if you’re using an iPod Touch, VelAUcity is disabled.
- Multi Samples – iGOG uses Drumagog’s powerful playback engine to create life-like drum sounds. Each drum pad can contain up to several hundred samples, each recorded at various dynamic levels. Tap the snare pad gently and iGOG responds with a softly played snare.
- Sequencer – iGOG’s sequencer allows you to record midi sequences, which can be played back either within iGOG or exported to your computer. iGOG can also import standard midi files.
- File Management – iGOG features a Mixdown mode, which creates a .wav file of the sequence you’ve recorded. File Transfer allows you to move files back and forth from iGOG and your computer. iGOG allows you to record drum parts in perfect sync to an mp3 file.
- Mic Trigger Mode – In this mode, you can play drums simply by striking other objects (a table, your knee, etc.).
- Multi-Positional Pads – iGOG’s Multi-Positional Pads allow hi-hats and cymbals to shine. Alternate between open hats, closed hats, or even hit a semi-open hi-hat. Play the ride cymbal and work your way from the edge to the bell, iGOG will capture every nuance.
- Additional Kits – iGOG features a Kit Store which allows you to purchase additional kits.
iGOG is available for purchase from the iTunes App Store for $4.99 USD.
More information: WaveMachine Labs / iGOG
WaveMachine Labs has announced Drumagog 5, the next version of the professional drum replacer plug-in for PC and Mac.
One significant change is the completely redesigned GUI, designed to show more critical information when you need it and to be easier to manipulate. Additional elements of the Drumagog toolbox have been sharpened, including the triggering engine, sample editing and management, and the sounds themselves. We have also added brand new features, including one for Drumagog Platinum that will greatly simplify and improve how Drumagog works with virtual instruments; no more fiddling with MIDI conversions and routing.
New in Drumagog 5
- Auto-Align 2.0 – A collaboration between WaveMachine Labs and Fraunhofer (inventors of the MP3 format) has resulted in a revolutionary new alignment algorithm. Simply the best triggering. Anywhere.
- Direct Plugin Hosting – Play any virtual instrument from within Drumagog. Plugins like BFD2, Kontakt, and Superior Drummer are inserted directly into Drumagog to allow a virtually unlimited sample palette. (Platinum version only)
- Redesigned graphic interface – Streamlined control and easier sample editing.
- Support for multiple room samples – The Gog format now allows for different room sounds and mics. Simply dial in the amount of room desired.
- Auto Hi-Hat Tracking – automatically detects the hi-hat pedal position (open/closed) in real time.
Drumagog will be available in the first quarter of 2010, pricing TBD.
More information: Drumagog