, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping Studio One 2.6.2, the latest update to its award-winning DAW software.
The company is also shipping three new Add-ons for Studio One: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and Studio One Artist MP3 Converter.
Studio One 2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons, which are program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher. Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store. The update also fixes a few known issues.
The Ampire XT Metal Pack Add-on includes 6 new amp models and 6 new speaker-cabinet emulations.
Studio One Add-ons
- The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in that includes six new amp models and six new speaker-cabinet emulations designed specifically for metal guitarists. It also includes a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
- Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 vintage analog and digital drum machine and beatbox samples. Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled, edited, and post-processed using analog tape machines and studio tools. Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
- MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
PreSonus Studio One Add-ons can be purchased directly online and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window.
Ampire XT Metal Pack and Goldbaby Essentials cost $29.99 USD each, and MP3 Converter is $9.99 USD. The Studio One 2.6.2 update is free to all registered users of Studio One 2.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
The Drum Broker has released Flatline Kit Vol. 1, a drum kit sample pack by Cardiak.
Fresh from the lab at HeartFelt Productions Platinum Producer Cardiak brings you the official “Flatline Kit Vol. 1″.
Well known in the production world for massive amounts of hits with the hardest drums and neck snapping snares, Cardi has given you gold. Cardiak’s actually library of his own snares and claps are sure to have you pushing out bangers that slap hard in no time. This kit is a great selection of 808′s that will quake your neighbor’s neighbor and trademark stabs from some of your favorite tracks.
Forget the rest, this is the official kit straight from Cardiak himself.
Flatline Kit Vol. 1 features
- 4 808′s.
- 11 Claps.
- 13 Fills.
- 38 Kicks.
- 7 Loops.
- 13 Percussive Elements.
- 6 SFX Transitions.
- 58 Snares.
- 5 Stabs.
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Flatline Kit Vol. 1
The Drum Sample Broker has launched 9th Wonder Treats, the official drum kit pack by 9th Wonder.
9th Wonder needs little introduction. Known as one of the most prolific boom bap producers // beatmakers in the music industry today, 9th Wonder has had one of the most sought after drum kits on the internet.
The Drum Broker teamed up with 9th Wonder to get the exclusive distribution rights to his personal drum stash. 9th’s Kit consists of 100 hand picked sounds (Kicks, Snares, Hats) & also includes an SP-1200 (12-Bit) version of the drum kit.
This joint is a must have for all 9th’s fans or any producer looking for some new drums for their arsenal.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / 9th Wonder Treats
Sean Divine has announced the 336 Producer’s Contest, offering the chance to win the Modeling Collection from Applied Acoustics Systems ($499 value), $250 in Store Credit from The Producer’s Choice, and more.
The 336 PRODUCER’S CONTEST is designed to encourage entrants to use their creativity to create an original instrumental or song using sounds from The 336 Drum Kit.
Producer (SEAN DIVINE) will choose the winning entries, and prizes will be awarded according to entry guidelines. Submission Deadline: DECEMBER 15TH, 2013.
The 336 Drum Kit is available to purchase at The Producers Choice with $5 discount using promo code 336CONTEST at checkout.
More information: Sean Divine / 336 Drum Kit
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Nov 01, 2013 - 3 comments
Time+Space has announce that Toontrack has kicked off Metal Month 2013 with new bundles and big savings.
It’s back! November, AKA Metal Month, screams in to action with no less than eight new fiercely fantastic rock and metal titles slated for release over the next four weeks.
To kick things off, Time+Space have launched some incredible bundles and special offers to give your Metal and Rock projects a boost of inspiration…
Toontrack Metal Month
- 50% off Metal EZXs and SDX — Throughout November, you can purchase the following back-catalogue Metal titles for 50% less: Drumkit From Hell EZX, Metalheads EZX, Metal Machine EZX, Rock Solid EZX, The Metal Foundry SDX.
- NEW! Drum Fundamentals bundles — These bundles include all the tools you need to start forging your next masterpiece! With one bundle designed for Rock and the other for Metal, each collection includes EZdrummer plus 2 EZX expansion packs and three MIDI Packs geared towards each genre.
During November, each bundle only costs £145.00 / €189.00 – saving 40% compared to individual purchases.
Drum Fundamentals Rock and Drum Fundamentals Metal are both available now from Time+Space.
More information: Time+Space
Slate Digital has announced the release of Terry Date Drums, a collection of drumkits for use in for Steven Slate Drums and Trigger.
Terry Date is the producer, recording engineer, and mixer behind bands like The Deftones, Pantera, Staind, Incubus, SoundGarden, and many more. His drum sounds were a major influence on Steven Slate and many of Slate’s own samples were modeled from tones on Terry’s records.
Terry Date Drums for SSD4 and Trigger brings the user 10 drumkits recorded in Hensen Studio B.
The expansion library for SSD4 and Trigger is available to purchase for $99 USD for a limited time (regular $199 USD).
More information: Slate Digital / Terry Date Drums
MPC-Samples has announced the release of The 60s Funk Kit, a multisampled drum kit recorded to analogue tape that perfectly captures the unique sound and vibe of the great funk records from the 60′s and early 70′s.
Inspired by the kits used by legendary drummers such as Clyde Stubblefield, Jabo Starks and Zigaboo Modeliste and built around a 1960s Gretsch Round Badge kick drum and a Ludwig Black Beauty snare, it’s full of the warmth and character you’d expect to hear from classic vintage drum recordings.
Every instrument in the kit has been recorded by UK drummer Richard Preston (Tombongo) over three unique velocities and features four ‘takes’ per velocity. There’s a total of 180 unique sounds and 15 unique articulations including kick (damped), snare (damped), rim shot, snare drag, hi hat (closed, open and edge), ride (including bell), crash, hi and low toms, claps, tambourine and shaker.
Samples are provided in 24 and 16 bit WAV format as well as legacy MPC SND and are completely unprocessed for a traditional and natural sound, giving you complete freedom to add your own EQ and processing during mixdown.
We’ve also included ready-made MPC programs carefully tweaked and configured for all MPC models (including JJOS) that load up intuitively laid out finger-drumming kits utilising features such as velocity switching and ‘round robins’ to help you create very realistic sounding drum performances in your MPC sequencer.
The 60s Funk Kit features
- 180 multisampled drums (each in three audio format) plus MPC ‘kit’ programs.
- 24 bit WAV, 16 bit WAV, MPC SND formats.
- Compatible with all MPCs, including all versions of JJOS. Sounds also compatible with any sampler or software that reads WAV files.
- Royalty Free.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD.
More information: MPC-Samples / The 60s Funk Kit