Dübreq has announced the Stylophone S2 analog synthesizer.
The new Dubreq Stylophone S2 takes the basic idea of the Stylophone, a stylus played instrument that uses a printed circuit board as the keyboard, and turns it into a fully spec’d analogue synthesizer.
The Stylophone S2 is an entirely British made, analogue synthesizer that will fit in a laptop bag. The S2 features include; All metal construction, a full 37 note 3 octave keyboard with +/- 2 octave shifter featuring a wire-free stylus and finger-touch playing method, an all analogue signal path, a classic British style 12dB/octave state-variable filter, dual all-transistor voltage controlled oscillators, sub-oscillators for super-fat bass, an eight waveform LFO with a 14 octave range, an auxiliary-input socket to use the filter and envelope-generator for other instruments, a 1/4″ output jack socket as well as an internal speaker and headphone socket and a CV and Trigger input sockets.
Stylophone S2 features
- All metal construction.
- Portable, only 308mm X 120mm X 26mm and less than 1kg.
- 37 note (3 octave) keyboard, with +/-2 octaves of OCTAVE shift.
- Monophonic keyboard works with wire-free stylus (included) or finger touch.
- All analogue signal path.
- Classic British 12dB/octave state-variable filter.
- Dual all-transistor voltage controlled oscillators..
- Sub-oscillators for incredibly fat-bass.
- Aux. input (to use the filter and envelope generator as effects).
- Eight waveform LFO (low frequency oscillator) with 14 octave range.
- 4x AA cell operation or external DC (mains adapter not included).
- Main output: 1/4″ jack-socket.
- Use internal speaker or headphone amplifier (3.5mm headphone jack).
- CVI (Control Voltage Input) and Trigger via 3.5mm jack sockets.
- Unique illuminated speaker detail spins to show LFO speed.
The Stylophone S2 is a small batch produced, hand made synthesizer and availability of the product will be limited. Suggested retail price of the S2 is currently £299 GBP.
More information: Stylophone S2
Patrick McNally wrote in to share a free sample pack featuring samples from a Stylophone Beatbox
The drums sounds from the Stylophone are recorded from the inbuilt speaker and the headphone out at the highest and lowest possible pitches. They sound nasty, grimy, crushed and noisy and not just because of my recording skills. They have a lot of energy though and will be of use to someone. Just not someone wanting subtlety. The naming of what is kick, snare or tom is sometimes a bit iffy as these sounds can fall somewhere between them all.
You can download the free samples from this Mediafire link.
Dübreq has released the Stylophone Beatbox, a portable electronic beats machine.
The Stylophone pocket synthesizer steps into the future with the all retro classic instrument taking the next leap on the evolutionary ladder. The result is the rocking Stylophone Beatbox delivering the coolest sounds of the new millenium.
Stylophone Beatbox is the portable electronic beats machine that retains all the retro cool of its predecesor – however, the future is here with all new electro sounds including samples from the UK’s beatbox champion MC Zani. Grab your nylon tracksuit, Adidas kicks, and whatever bling you can find and get ready to lay down some dope beatbox beats.
Features 3 all new exclusive sounds – beatbox with MC Zani, percusssion, and steel drums. Also new is the record and scratch functions that allow you to playback loops of your work. Another feature is the tempo adjust switch for beat pitch control during loop playback.
The MP3 input feature means it is also possible to syncopate your scratches along with your favourite tracks. Plug in your device and lay down some dope style to your favourites.
Stylophone Beatbox features
- Three new sounds: Beatbox, Percussion and Steel Drums.
- Record Loop and Playback function.
- Tempo Adjust.
- Volume control.
- MP3 function – play along to any music – includes two way adapter.
Stylophone Beatbox is available for purchase for $25.50 USD.
More information: Stylophone Beatbox