Dynaudio Professional (formerly known as Dynaudio Acoustics) has introduced its 20th Anniversary M3XE monitors that takes monitoring to a whole new level with a significant upgrade from its predecessor – the renowned M3A 3-way monitor. To top it off, the speakers are powered by two of Lab.gruppen’s highly esteemed PLM10000Q amplifiers.
Sporting the newest and most pristine Dynaudio driver technology, M3XE takes over where most other monitor systems give up. With unsurpassed attention to detail, underpinned by an impressive 20Hz – 22kHz frequency response and beyond 133dB SPL, M3XE leaves no room for desire in terms of resolution, range or sheer power.
The cutting-edge combination of Lab.gruppen, Lake and TC Electronic processing technology forms the ultimate backing for M3XE and ensures unlimited power and the tools for optimizing any room to become the perfect listening environment.
In short, M3XE surpasses any and all main monitor expectations!
M3XE Main Features
- Unique linear phase frequency response.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 22kHz.
- Dual 12” ESOTAR² Woofers, aluminum voice coil.
- Dual 6” Midrange drivers, MSP cone, 75mm aluminum voice coil.
- 1.1” (28mm) ESOTAR² Softdome tweeter, aluminum voice coil.
- Max. SPL (short term peak @ 1m): 133 SPL.
- Heavy internal damping for minimum cabinet resonance.
- Dimensions: 555mm (W) x 775mm (H) x 505mm (D).
- Weight: 132 lbs./ 60 kg.
Amplification: Lab.gruppen PLM10000Q
- 4x 2300 watts (2x 2300W woofer, 1x 2300W Mid, 1x 2300W HF).
- Dimensions: 2 unit x 19”.
- Input: Analog, AES/EBU.
- Class TD output stage.
- Zero-overshoot, inter-sample voltage peak limiting (ISVPL™).
- Lake Processing; Raised Cosine Equalization™, Linear phase cross-overs etc.
The new M3XE will be available Summer 2012, for a list price of $34,800 USD / 26600 EUR.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / M3XE
Dynaudio Professional (formerly Dynaudio Acoustics) has introduced the DBM50, the perfect active desktop monitor featuring a 7.1” woofer and a 1.1” soft dome tweeter.
All aspects of its design point towards desktop use – from the perfectly angled front over the ingenious waveguide around the tweeter to the optional addition of a level controller that never compromises the all-important level interrelationship between speakers.
Another key factor that puts DBM50 in the front seat is sheer quality. Each and every one is handcrafted in Denmark with attention to even the tiniest detail. More than 20 years of expertise in speaker design, development and manufacturing guarantees a set of monitors that go the extra mile to recreate even the smallest and most subtle details of any recording or production.
Take Complete Control
DBM50 comes with the option of adding a sleek controller that puts the user squarely at the helm of volume control in any situation. Levels can be set and manipulated with precision and ease, completely independent of the computer or workstation in use. The DBM50 controller provides perfect tracking, which guarantees spot-on stereo imaging with unprecedented precision.
In other words, DBM50 is the only choice when it comes to desktop monitoring.
- Perfectly Angled for Desktop Mixing.
- Every Driver Hand-built in Denmark.
- Optional Master Volume Control.
- 7.1” Woofer / 1.1” Soft Dome Tweeter.
- 50+50 Watts.
- 117 dB SPL.
- Frequency Range: 46Hz – 21kHz.
- Dimensions: W 437 mm, D 410 mm, H 435 mm.
- Weight: 7.2 lbs./kg.
The DBM50 will be available in May 2012 in the EU and Summer 2012 in the US, for a suggested price of $499 USD/499 EUR/£415 GBP each. The optional volume controller is priced $69 USD/69 EUR/£59 GBP.
More information: Dynaudio Professional / DBM50
, compressor and limiter
, Dynaudio Acoustics
, TC Electronic
Posted in news
on Jun 08, 2011
Dynaudio Acoustics has announced the PLM3A, a high-performance monitoring bundle.
The days of deception are over. PLM3A speaks nothing but the truth!
Speaking of the truth and as the saying goes: a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. With that in mind, the PLM3A bundle is the perfect example of how three state-of-the-art elements have been successfully combined to become the ultimate audio monitoring chain. A set of unrivalled Dynaudio Acoustics M3A 3-way monitors is the first link, a Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q amplifier is the second and cutting-edge Lake and TC Electronic processing is the third link, ensuring that any room can become the perfect listening facility.
- Dynaudio Acoustics M3A – Dynaudio Acoustics has provided audio professionals with first-class monitoring solutions for decades, and the M3A monitors build on that proud tradition, being equipped with extremely clean, dynamic, powerful and reliable speakers in which common problems such as cone break up, thermal compression and phase misalignment have been almost eliminated. The M3A speakers feature a pair of 300mm bass drivers that are perfectly complemented by two 150mm piston midrange drivers, and the high frequencies are accommodated by a high-power version of the 28mm Esotec T-330 DA dome tweeter that is considered the finest dome tweeter available. All of the drivers are ferrofluid cooled, which is a benefit only made possible on low frequency drivers by the use of custom designed ferrofluid compounds applied to very tightly tolerated voice coil gaps – a feature that is absolutely unique to Dynaudio Acoustics.
- Lab.gruppen PLM 10000Q – The PLM 10000Q amplifier delivers an impressive 4 x 2,300 watts at 4 ohms and is based on technology from Lab.gruppen’s highly acclaimed and road-proven FP+ series. PLM 10000Q is based on Lab.gruppen’s patented Class TD amplifier design that offers the proven efficiency of Class D amplification with the amazing, sonic purity of Class B designs, but that is not all. A new circuit provides substantially greater current-carrying capabilities, and the Regulated Switch Mode Power Supply (R.SMPS) is optimized to deliver full power during long low-frequency bursts as well as maintain stable rail voltages despite fluctuating line voltage. Finally, advanced cross-overs inside the PLM 10000Q feed its four output stages, allowing for optimized RMS and true-peak limiter settings for the lo and mid/hi drivers.
- Lake and TC Electronic processing – Having the perfect monitors and amplifier is one thing. Making them deliver divine audio quality in any room is another – and this is where unique Lake processing makes all the difference. Lab-gruppen’s PLM 10000Q amplifer holds two full-featured Lake Processor modules, each offering precise settings for gain, delay, crossover slope, equalization and limiting that provide unparalleled power to correct, shape and optimize any sound source for any control room. Exclusive Lake Processing algorithms are included for Raised Cosine Equalization, linear phase crossovers, LimiterMax loudspeaker protection, and Iso-Float ground isolation. Raised Cosine Equalization is the foundation for the Lake Mesa EQ and the Ideal Graphic EQ, the two revolutionary EQ interfaces used by the Dolby Lake Processor. Mesa EQ offers asymmetric filtering to match the asymmetric responses of many loudspeaker systems while the Ideal Graphic EQ offers true sum-to-flat response, so the adjustments provide uniform boost and cut along with greater selectivity.
PLM3A is available now for $18,000 USD / 13,950 EUR (ex VAT).
More information: Dynaudio Acoustics / PLM3A