eaReckon has announced the release of TransReckon, a transient processor effect plug-in that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) the easy way.
TransReckon provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensitivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter.
These options help to go further with the transient processing process. They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).
While it is possible to process transients with classic dynamics effects, these rely on a defined threshold which is set manually depending on the incoming signal. A transient processor like TransReckon does not depend on the level of the incoming signal.
- Add punch to your drums and percussive instruments.
- Add life to your mixes.
- Isolate the prominent elements of an existing loop.
- Give more presence to an acoustic guitar or tame the peaks produced by an enthusiastic rhythm guitarist.
- Add a gate effect to a natural reverb and/or simulate a pre-delay effect on it.
- Tweak the envelope of an electronic drum sound.
- … be creative.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 39 EUR until July 22nd, 2014 (regular 59 EUR).
More information: eaReckon / TransReckon
eaReckon has announced version 1.2.0 of MIDI Polysher, a free MIDI utility plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin primarly designed for eaReckon BloXpander users (but it works with other compatible VST host software). BloXpander is now provided with its own full-featured MIDI filter and therefore, BloXpander users do not really need this plug-in anymore.
Changes in MIDI Polysher v1.2.0
- Two new Key Range modes:
- The Free mode can be used to filter the keys of your choice (by selecting them on the on-screen keyboard).
- The Nearest mode lets you define a set of unwanted keys. If one of them is “pressed” (from MIDI), the nearest non-filtered note will be played.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST).
More information: eaReckon / MIDI Polysher
eaReckon has released version 1.3 of its EAReverb effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
EAReverb is a true stereo reverb unit. EAReverb is 100% algorithmic. It does not use any IR files. Early reflections are built “on-the-fly” depending on your own settings. The size parameter has an impact on early reflections and late reverb… Switching from a size to another will immediately put your music or sounds in a place that matches your choice.
Changes in EAReverb v1.3
- A new “Gate” module can be used to create a gated reverb as we were used to do it in the 80′s.
This module is a “sidechain” gate (its “Key Input” is used internally). The gate module affects the “wet” signal only but it is triggered by the “dry” one.
- “Limit” option. By disabling the internal limiter, EAReverb should be considered as a zero-latency effect by your DAW.
- “Boost” option. The Mix knob has been formerly thought to provide coherent results at 50% (when compared to a real environment). As per user request, the “Boost” option is a way to get the Mix knob behaving differently (more consistent output level).
EAReverb for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 129 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / EAReverb
eaReckon has announced the release of EAReverb SE, an easy-to-use and affordable edition of EAReverb.
EAReverb SE features the same algorithms as EAReverb but provides a limited set of controls. It also misses the “bounce” capability and the pre-delay host sync option of its big sister.
EAReverb SE is aimed at musicians and sound designers who want to get an “earthy” (natural sounding) reverb the easy way, without having to deal with a lot of parameters. However, the sound quality has been entirely preserved and advanced users may also enjoy the ease-of-use of this “SE” edition in some situations. Multiple parameters of EAReverb have been combined into simpler controls. The whole “MBS” module has been replaced by a single “Quick MBS” knob which has been thought to make the reverb “sit in the mix” in no time.
EAReverb SE for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 39 EUR. EAReverb SE can upgraded to EAReverb for 90 EUR. EAReverb SE is free for registered users of EAReverb who will find an EAReverb SE serial number in their eaReckon user account.
More information: eaReckon / EAReverb SE
eaReckon has released version 1.1.0 of MIDI Polysher and Ferret 4×4, two freeware plug-ins that have been rebuilt from scratch and are now available as 32/64-bit plug-ins for Windows and Mac OS X.
MIDI Polysher is a free VST plugin formerly designed as a MIDI filter for the early versions of BloXpander, EaReckon’s live-oriented host, which now features an integrated and full-featured MIDI filter, so BloXpander users do not really need MIDI Polysher anymore.
However, over the past few years, musicians have shown interest for this plug-in which can be used in other VST compatible DAWs. MIDI Polysher is a VST MIDI filter that offers the possibility to virtually split your master keyboard into multiple key and velocity zones. It also provides a transpose option, a MIDI channel filter and three global filters (CC, Pitch Bend and Aftertouch).
Ferret 4×4 has been designed to add more audio routing capabilities to BloXpander by taking advantage of its sidechaining and multi-output capabilities. However, it can be used in some other DAWs to create audio links between different channels/tracks.
Ferret 4×4 features four pairs of inputs and four pairs of outputs, each of them having its own adjustable level and pan parameters. The internal behavior of Ferret 4×4 is quite basic: inputs are mixed down and the resulting stereo signal is sent to outputs depending on user settings. This plug-in can be used to create extra “aux return” channels, mix down multiple signals to be sent to a single effect or a physical output, create headphone mixes, etc.
Both plug-ins are available to download free of charge.
More information: eaReckon
eaReckon has announced version 1.2.0 of its ANALOG87 Series of effect plug-ins, which now includes MD-GATE87.
SD-GATE87 is the MIDI version of the SD-GATE87 sidechain gate and “duck” effect plug-in.
It features a MIDI input but no audio sidechain. With its MIDI option disabled, it works exactly the same as SD-GATE87 (in non-sidechain mode).
Once the MIDI option enabled, the gate is controlled by a single MIDI note (a “Learn” function will help you to assign it the easy way).
Different MIDI modes are available (these are described in the updated manual):
- In Gate mode: Trigger, Unmute and Play.
- In Duck mode: Trigger, Mute (A) and Mute (L).
Changes in ANALOG87 Series v1.2.0
[SD-GATE87/SD-COMP87]: Important improvement of the reference section and sidechain processing.
[SD-GATE87] With the (thresholds) ‘Link’ option enabled, it is now possible to adjust both (high and low) thresholds by manipulating any of the two threshold knobs.
[SD-GATE87] Improved precision of the fine tuning option (Shift + Mouse) of some knobs (Attack, Hold, Release).
[PR-EQUA87] Improved frequency analyzer: higher “resolution”, new ‘Threshold’ and ‘Release’ controls.
[CS-STRIP87] New ‘Signal Flow’ option that can be used to change the order of effects.
The ANALOG87 Series for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR. The MD-GATE87 is free for registered users of SD-GATE87.
More information: EaReckon / ANALOG87 Series
eaReckon has announced version 1.5 of its BloXpander VST host software for live performance.
This VST host has been designed to meet the requirements of musicians and sound engineers in live situations. As a serious musician, you surely need a complete DAW to record your music, but when you are in front of your audience, it may be easier to use something dedicated to live situations.
And during live situations, the access to your instruments and effects must be fast and intuitive. The adjustment of these must be done efficiently, and the necessary software sub layers running on your computer should not be your concern when it comes to play or produce music.
Changes in BloXpander v1.5
- New “Live View” – You can now switch from the classic console View to a “Live View” providing essential controls to be used once your scenes prepared. Controls in the Live View are highly contrasted and quite large (touchscreen friendly). The “Live View” can also be used to manage your scenes and sets the easy way. For example, it is possible to move or copy a scene from a set to another (drag n drop), rename it or change its index in the set from an easy dialog.
- Improved user interface – If we look beyond the updated graphics that improve the overall look of the console and the redesigned plug-ins case, some controls have also been added or relocated in order to provide a better workflow. The following details represent a non-exhaustive list of changes. The automatic layout adaption should work better with small screens (especially when the resolution height is 768). Should the screen or window width be too small to display the Console View (between 600 and 960 pixels), the Live View will automatically be activated. If you are using a Tablet PC with a screen resolution of 1280×800 (800×1280 in “portrait” mode), it should then be possible to switch from the Console View to the Live View by tilting your device. Transport controls are now accessible from a “Big Display” panel which includes the LCD emulation. This panel can be hidden and can have a semi-transparent aspect. For your convenience, an extra Play button and a Tempo control have been added to the “Touch Zone”. Side panels can be hidden in order to enlarge the console. Finally, the background of the console view can be customized and you still have the option to choose between the new console layout and the previous one.
- The interface is now available in three languages : English, French and German.
- Master Record – It is now possible to record the master bus to a WAV file.
- Improved MIDI engine:
- “Insert Subscene Lock” option.
- Inserts can now be selectively locked so their state does not change when a subscene is called. For example, this feature can be used to avoid a sampler to reload its content when switching to another scene while allowing effects to be updated.
- The “lock” state of each insert is saved with scenes.
- Various improvements:
- Channel names can be edited (and saved with scenes).
- Improved “MIDI Sync In” option (featuring an offset option).
- New per-plug-in “Hot Update” option: will speed up the scene loading process when some specific plug-ins (samplers/romplers mostly) are involved.
- New per-plug-in “Force MIDI process” option which should help plug-ins that do not explicitly report their MIDI capabilities to work as expected.
- New global “Master Mode” option: can be used to specify whether or not the Master level should be recalled from scenes.
- New global transpose option in the MIDI filter: can be used to quickly set a global transpose value that will be applied to all channels.
- The previous “subscene store” process has been replaced by a more direct and less confusing “Store/Call” mode switch.
- Improved minimizing process and new tray icon.
- Hot Keys can be selectively enabled/disabled and are automatically disabled when BloXpander is minimized.
- New “Expert” options.
- The tempo value is now stored with subscenes.
- New “default” scene option (to be loaded on launch).
- Updated manuals.
- Fixed bugs:
- Improved “MIDI Plug-ins Recall” feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Improved handling of some specific resizable plug-ins (these plug-ins were not resized correctly).
- Improved inserts drag n drop (copy/move) feature (avoids a potential crash).
- Various minor bug fixes.
BloXpander for Windows costs 69 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / BloXpander