123Creative has announced the release of Vintage Guitar Boutique 1, a bundle of guitar effect plug-ins by G-Sonique.
G-Sonique: Vintage guitar boutique 1 is collection of VST guitar effects: pedals/stompboxes and guitar combos modeled and inspired by real gear from 60s and 70s.
Vintage guitar boutique is aimed for following music styles like: rock n roll, blues, jazz, rock, surf rock, indie rock, dream pop, dub, chillout, downtempo, reggae, ska, big beat and others.
All effects are STEREO, so can be used for almost any music production, not only guitar tracks. For example tape echo or rotor can be used for various styles of electronic music and downtempo.
The Vintage Guitar Boutique bundle costs 24.90 EUR. It is currently on sale for 14.94 EUR.
More information: 123Creative / Vintage Guitar Boutique 1
BOSS has announced three next-generation compact pedals featuring innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP).
Powered by this important new technology, the TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion, and MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals deliver an amazing range of dynamic and expressive sonic textures, providing guitarists an exciting new set of tools to dramatically expand their tonal range.
Roland’s innovative Multi-Dimensional Processing (MDP) analyzes audio signals in many dimensions and applies ideal effects to each. By giving different dynamic changes relative to the input signal in real time, MDP can create bold, all-new sounds with a previously unattainable range of expression.
Roland TE-2 Tera Echo, DA-2 Adaptive Distortion & MO-2 Multi Overtone pedals.
New BOSS pedals
- TE-2 Tera Echo — The TE-2 delivers amazing new ambience effects that go far beyond traditional reverb and delay processing. MDP produces an incredibly deep and spacious sound, dramatically enhancing the straight guitar tone without overwhelming it. With simple, familiar stompbox controls and incredible dynamic sensitivity, an extremely wide range of inspiring sounds can be achieved. In addition, the TE-2’s expressive Freeze function allows players to hold the current effect sound for lead backing and unique sound effects.
- DA-2 Adaptive Distortion — Unlike standard distortion pedals that process the entire guitar signal with a single effect, the MDP-powered DA-2 adapts the sound in real time to create the ideal tone for every register. The result is a rich, musical distortion that plays well all over the guitar neck, from tight, edgy low-string tones to fat, smooth highs. With the power of MDP, the DA-2’s distortion is amazingly responsive to playing dynamics, and every note can be heard with high definition, even when playing two or more notes at the same time.
- MO-2 Multi Overtone — The MO-2 provides incredibly distinctive and expressive tones only possible with the magic of MDP. Using the guitar’s rich harmonic overtones as a starting point, the MO-2 builds completely unique sounds that enhance and thicken the normal tone. Three different modes offer diverse sound-shaping options, while the DETUNE knob unlocks a wide range of impressive modulation effects. From shimmery multi-string resonance to flute-like transparency to powerful textures reminiscent of organs and synths, the MO-2 brings a variety of all-new dynamic resonance characteristics to guitarists everywhere.
More information: Roland
PSP Audioware has announced the release of its PSP Echo, a delay effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PSP Echo’s powerful and unusual features combined with its smooth operation makes it ideal for all kinds of creative uses from simple slap back and sustain effects through ping-pong delays and spacious echoes.
Use the delay sliders to add special tape echo effects for even more unique effects. The tape wow control and built in ducker further extend the creative potential of PSP Echo.
Internally, the Echo is like a combination of four mono tape delays—two for the initial ping-pong pre-delay and two for the main stereo echo. PSP Echo includes a set of extremely useful factory presets that cover a wide range of this plug-in’s settings.
PSP Echo is available to purchase for the introductory price of $69 USD until September 3rd, 2012, after which it will be $79 USD until September 17th (regular price $99 USD). Prices exclude taxes.
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP Echo
Related: compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Jun 05, 2012 - 0 comments
V-Plugs has launched a limited time sale, offering its effect plug-ins at a 50% discount.
Inspired by the pastoral view of Haifa, V-Plugs brings the most colorful and full of charm sound processors to your professional studio, at value prices. We believe that audio software should have as much warmth and character as the hardware competitor. Our plugins offer the advantages and flexibilities of the digital world, while not neglecting the analog liveliness that we all love!
- Uranium (compressor) – Now 39 EUR.
Based on “Smart Dynamic Control” technology (SDC), Uranium brings compression to the 21st century, with a distinctive sound, unique features and better monitoring! From light transparent dynamic treatment, to heavily pumping and breathing compression, the Uranium sounds like no other compressor you have ever heard before!
- Echo Trip (tape echo) – Now 49 EUR.
Fusing vintage and modern, complexity and ease of use, Echo Trip presents new standards in the echo domain! Whether you are after the perfect emulation of vintage tape-echo machines, or you need new exciting audio spices- take a ride with Echo Trip and you just might fall in love!
- Emphasizer (tone shaper) – Now 29 EUR.
Emphasizer is a new breed of sound processor, that offers you a unique way to re-sculpt the sonic character of your audio material. Emphasizer can be described as the cheeky young brother of the equalizer, and anyone who has ever used an EQ will find Emphasiser very easy to operate. Yet, soon after you hear it in action; you will notice that the Emphasizer is quite a different creature, with character and charm of its own!
V-Plugs plugins are available for Windows PC (VST). The sale ends June 20th, 2012.
More information: V-Plugs
Variety Of Sound has released NastyDLA mkII, an updated version of the classic chorus echo device with tape-delay simulation.
The mkII version of this plug-in is an overall technical redesign and features “stateful saturation” algorithms for an overall improved sound experience and changes several things under the hood. Basically, NastyDLA mkII remains feature wise the very same but introduces the input stage modelled by this new and exciting technology and also redesigns the tape compression algorithm for an improved IM distortion performance. In general, the distortion generation appears to be more analog like and the perception of width and depth has been improved significantly.
Variety Of Sound NastyDLA mkII (Windows VST 32-bit)
Changes in NastyDLA mkII
- The behaviour of the input stage has been changed. It acts output level compensated now and only is active if the SAT switch is engaged. It is modeled based upon a stateful saturation algorithm which sound wise turns in to a way better distortion performance as well as a more “3d” sound perception.
- The tape compressor has been improved for a better IM distortion performance and a less muddy sound.
- The level of noise which can be dialed in has been altered. The level itself is corrected and by moving the according knob to the left-most position the noise can be switched off.
NastyDLA mkII is available to download as a freeware VST effect plug-in for Windows.
More information: Variety Of Sound
Bluenoise Plugins has released Bandecho, a tape echo effect plug-in for Windows.
Bandecho is a plugin modelled after vintage tape echoes like Roland Space Echo and Watkins Copicat, but with several extra features making it one of the best sounding echo machines available.
We believe that the sounds you can get from this beauty are far more versatile than any tape echo on the marked. So, if you are looking for everything from vintage tape echo to extreme textured delay lines, look no further!
- Tape echo rack with eight echoes. The first is the stereo tape echo that drives all the other functions. This echo can be up to 5 seconds long and can be synced to your host BPM for easy beat making. Two sliders adjust the time and in stereo mode you can set a different echo time for left and right. Also features filters that can make the echo oscillate new tones and a LFO that can modulate different sources like the mentioned cutoff filters and panning.
- Drive rack features a self oscillating distortion to create a vintage sounding echo.
- Effect rack includes Old Tape (tape slow down and speed up like a bad tapehead), Granilizer (gives the tape a dirty sound), Chorus, and a Comb Filter.
- Multiecho rack consists of the six last echoes in the chain allowing for insanely wide and complex delay lines.
- Output rack sets the plug-in as a send effect or an insert effect. It also shows the outputs for all the different delays.
Bandecho is available to purchase at a 50% off introductory sale, priced at 35 EUR.
More information: Bluenoise Plugins / Bandecho
, pitch shift and time stretch
Posted in news
on Jan 13, 2011 - 2 comments
Eventide has announced the Space, a new reverb effect pedal featuring a collection of reverb algorithms combined with delays, pitch shifting, tremolo, modulation, and special effects in a compact and affordable package.
Space features 12 of Eventide’s signature reverb combination effects taken from the H8000FW and Eclipse V4 along with some startling new magic. These unique effects, previously available only in Eventide rack processors, are now available in a compact, roadworthy package.
Never before has there been a more dazzling collection of reverb algorithms combined with delays, pitch shifting, tremolo, modulation, and special effects in such a compact and affordable package.
- 12 of Eventide’s Signature Reverb Combo Algorithms: Room, Plate, Spring, Hall, Reverse, Shimmer, ModEchoVerb, DualVerb, Blackhole™, MangledVerb™, TremoloVerb, DynaVerb.
- Wide variety of spatial effects including basic reverbs, delays and unique combination effects.
- Studio quality sound.
- Compatible with any source material – solo instruments, drums, vocals, or complete mixes.
- Software upgradeable via USB 2.0.
- MIDI control via USB or MIDI in, out/thru.
- Instant program change.
- Real-time control with 10 knobs, MIDI, or Expression Pedal.
- Tap tempo and MIDI clock sync.
- 100 factory presets, unlimited through MIDI.
- True analog bypass.
- Rugged cast metal construction.
- Reliable metal footswitches for instant preset access.
- Mono or stereo operation.
- Guitar or line level inputs and outputs.
- Programmable HotSwitch.
Space will be available in February at an Eventide stompbox dealer near you.
More information: Eventide / Space
Echo has announced the release of the AudioFire Pre8, a new 16 in/16 out Firewire audio interface.
The AudioFire Pre8 offers the same high quality hardware and software found in our AudioFire line, but with the added convenience of 8 auto-sensing universal inputs featuring Echo’s Brilliant™ preamp technology. With the AudioFire Pre8 you can record 24-bit 96 kHz audio with low latency monitoring on any Windows XP/Vista/7 or Mac OS X computer (desktop or notebook) with a FireWire port.
The AudioFire Pre8 is the perfect center for any professional studio, whether at home or on the road. In addition to the 8 universal inputs with Brilliant™ mic preamps, the AudioFire Pre8 features 8 balanced ¼ inch analog outputs, 2 channel inserts, phantom power, 2 stereo headphone outputs with volume knob, main output volume knob, ADAT (with S/MUX for 96 kHz support), S/PDIF and MIDI I/O. Inputs 1 and 2 feature premium preamps with options for phase reversal, low impedance, direct input, 80 Hz rolloff and pad. It is a single height, rack mountable unit. The AudioFire Pre8 supports 24/96 kHz playback and recording and ships with low-latency drivers supporting all major pro audio software. The AudioFire Pre8 is fully ASIO, WDM, WaveRT compatible with support for Windows XP/Vista/7 (both 32 bit and 64 bit versions) and Mac OS X (10.3.9 or later).
AudioFire Pre8 features
- Hardware features
- FireWire (IEEE 1394a) interface with 15′ cable
- Brilliant™ Mic Preamps
- THAT Corp Silicon
- Isolation of discretes
- Matching of monolithics
- HIgh Slew Rate
- Low Noise (-130 dBu EIN)
- Crystal clear transparency
- 2 Full Featured Mic/Line/Instrument Inputs
- Mic phase, Impedance, Pad, Hi-Pass
- Input Trim with 4-level LED meters
- Individual +48v phantom power
- 1/4″ Balanced Line inputs (TRS)
- Direct Input high impedance switch
- 1/4″ channel inserts
- 6 Mic/Line inputs
- Input Trim with 4-level LED meters
- 48v phantom power
- 1/4″ Balanced Line inputs (TRS)
- S/PDIF I/O (coax and optical) at 24-bit/96 kHz
- ADAT I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Sync via Word, ADAT, or S/PDIF
- 2 Stereo headphone outputs with volume knob
- Single rack space
- Near zero latence hardware monitoring
- Software features
- Software console controls mixing and monitoring
- Supports all major pro audio software:
- Low Latency ASIO 2.0
- CoreAudio & CoreMIDI
More information: Echo / AudioFire Pre8