Variety Of Sound has released version 2.1 of the Rescue MK2 free analog style modelled signal designer for Windows.
It is a sophisticated mid/side based transient processing device which not only allows detailed ’3D’ imaging control but also fancy transient compression and distortion with dynamics that remains vibrant and alive.
Changes in Rescue MK2 v2.1
- Better support for higher S/R (some minor bugfixes in the internal filter coefficient computations).
- Critical parts are running at an internal higher sample rate now.
- The default MIX LEVEL was changed to 0dBFS.
Rescue MK2 is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Variety Of Sound / Rescue MK2
Wave Arts has updated its Power Suite/Master Restoration Suite and Dialog/Tube Saturator effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Changes in Wave Arts plugins
- MAS versions are now 64-bit compatible (will work in Digital Performer 8 ONLY).
- Restored missing HRTF options in Panorama.
- Fixed RTAS pops when starting transport (Tube Saturator).
- Fixed TrackPlug black GUI/crashes in certain circumstances.
- Fixed TrackPlug AU audio problem in Digital Performer.
- Potential crash using Panorama at 88.2K sample rate.
- Fixed minor Dialog rendering glitches.
- Moved some Cocoa GUI code to common framework to clean up warning messages in Console (Mac).
- Master Restoration Windows installer fixes.
More information: Wave Arts
Audio Damage has announced a Summer Sale, offering 30% off its plugins and bundles for a limited time.
With apologies to our antipodean customers (or, you know, people that don’t like Nelly) it’s gettin’ hot in here, so time to pick up some more plugs. Yeah, we went there.
The Audio Damage Bring The Heat sale is now on! Use the code HOTINHERRE at checkout for 30% off your order. This includes bundles! This sale lasts until Wednesday, May 22nd at midnight, so get ‘em while they’re hot.
More information: Audio Damage
Voxengo has announced the release of SPAN Plus, a Fast Fourier transform spectrum analyzer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
For the most part it was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality. SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
SPAN Plus supports multi-channel analysis and can be set to display spectrums from two different channels or channel groups at the same time.
SPAN Plus features
- Real-time spectrum import/export.
- PNG file export.
- Static spectrums display.
- Output signal power statistics.
- Spectrum smoothing.
- User interface window resizing.
- Clipping statistics.
- Correlation meter.
- Stereo and multi-channel analysis.
- Mid/side analysis.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- All sample rates support.
SPAN Plus for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of $39.95 USD until June 2nd, 2013 (regular $49.95 USD).
More information: Voxengo / SPAN Plus
eaReckon has updated the EARebound delay effect plugin for Windows and Mac to version 1.0.2.
EARebound is a full-featured multi-delay plug-in which has been designed to meet a specific need : to quickly create rhythm lines from percussive sounds recorded in various environments (natural, urban, industrial, …).
Changes in EARebound v1.0.2
- Solo Mode — Each line (except the “Global Delay”) can be soloed for very specific tone shaping.
- More divisions — 32th and 64th (+ triplet / dotted) divisions have been added to Modulation and Delay Time Division menus. 32th and 64th sequences are also available from the “Delay Time” menu (“Time Line” view).
- Global Edit modes (“Mix View” only).
By activating one of the two provided “Global Edit” modes, you can now change a same parameter across all delay lines (input and global delay settings are excluded from the global edit process).
- Updated manuals.
EARebound for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit, VST/AU) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / EARebound
The Sound Guy has announced the release of a 64-bit compatible version of SFX Machine Pro for Windows -the flexible multi-effects and sound design tool will now work with 64-bit VST host programs.
SFX Machine Pro™ lets you create your own effects from scratch.
SFX Machine Pro provides quick and easy access to hundreds of audio effects, from the conventional to the bizarre.
Streamlined for use in audio production environments, SFX Machine has been used for sound design for radio, TV, feature films, CDs and video games. In addition to providing a large collection of effects, all of which are easily modified, SFX Machine Pro lets you create your own effects from scratch and also serves as a “Swiss Army knife” of audio utilities.
SFX Machine Pro features
- A modular synthesis preset editor.
- Host tempo sync.
- MIDI automation.
- A Randomize function.
- Output limiter.
- Over 300 effects.
SFX Machine Pro (VST/AU) costs $99.95 USD. For a limited time, the Spectral Machine frequency-domain effects plug-in (32-bit) is included at no extra charge. The update to version 1.5 is $20 USD for existing SFX Machine Pro users.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine Pro