Schaack Audio Technologies has released public beta version 2.50 of Transient Shaper 2, a dynamic processor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
V2.50 introduces VST3 format support and a new high-quality realtime-resizable user interface.
This version is cross-compatible to the old version of Transient Shaper, so you can always install the old version back even if your project was made using V2.50.
Changes in Transient Shaper v2.50 beta
- Resizable user interface.
- VST3 support.
- x64 Support for all OS’s & formats including VST on OS X.
- Backwards-compatible to V2.04.
Transient Designer 2 is available for purchase for 49 EUR / $70.90 USD excl. VAT.
More information: Schaack Audio Technologies
Acon Digital has released version 1.5 of the Restoration Suite, a plug-in bundle designed for audio restoration tasks.
The Restoration Suite includes DeNoise (picture above), DeHum, DeClip & DeClick.
The visual appearance has received a facelift and the workflow has been improved with undo and redo support, A/B comparisons and a new preset manager that allows presets to be exported and imported from XML files.
The adaptive mode in DeNoise can now be set to target either broadband noise only or a combination of broadband and tonal noise. The combined mode allows adaptive de-noising of stationary noise with tonal components such as engine noise, AC noise and similar. The Pro Tools integration has been improved with support for highlighted controls when using automation and automation menu keyboard shortcuts that simplifies the workflow.
Changes in Restoration Suite v1.5
- New visual appearance.
- Support for visual themes.
- Additional ‘combined’ mode in the adaptive denoiser that targets tonal components as well as broadband noise.
- New preset manager with XML export and import.
- Unlimited undo and redo history.
- A and B settings for quick comparisons.
- Control highlighting in Pro Tools.
- Keyboard short-cut for the automation menu in Pro Tools.
- Further bug fixes and minor improvements.
The Restoration Suite for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $99.90 USD. The update is free for all previous Restoration Suite customers.
More information: Acon Digital / Restoration Suite
vladg/sound has released version 1.0.3 of Nova-67P, a free 5-bands parallel equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.0.3 of Nova-67P comes with a new skin by Lesha.
Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.
Changes in Nova-67P v1.0.3
- Now the fullband compressor can be turned off.
- Fixed multiple bugs in Mac version.
- Default preset operates in stereo mode.
- New skin by Lesha.
The plug-in is available to download as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: vladg/sound / Nova-67P
Synthblitz Audio has announced the release of VA RAXS, a virtual mastering rack for Windows.
VA RAXS is a vintage-looking rack, designed for mastering and remastering of any sound materials.
This virtual rack consists of 4 effects and the sound pass through them in the following order:
- A preamplifier with gain control, enhanced features for sub and high frequencies, combined with a mid-side processor that can divide the incoming signal.
- A crossover module 6dB / Octave, with a ‘transient perfect’ filter that passes both amplitude and phase unchanged across the range of interest.It has separate tone controls -/+12dB, and other features like two types of noise reduction, de-esser, dc bias, and more.
- A compressor to handle small compression ratios, useful for mastering, but also able to work with large compression ratios. The compressor has “knee” control, “Make-Up” gain and a high precision vu-meter led to reading the dB reductions.
- A limiter designed to get a good sound quality, and fast enough to allow a good RMS output.
When set correctly, VA RAXS is designed to provide high quality sound at low cost. It can also be used for remastering old recordings of audio cassettes and other sound material.
The plug-in is available for purchase for Windows (VST), priced at 39 EUR.
More information: Synthblitz Audio / VA RAXS
OverTone DSP has introduced RVB500, a stereo plate reverb effect plug-in, capable of a rich variety of effects, with intuitive controls and low demands on CPU and system resources.
Complex convolution reverb models can be an asset for replicating physical spaces, but can also be resource hungry, leaving less processor power available for other plug-ins or requiring costly hardware add-ons.
By contrast, the RVB500 algorithmically emulates a mechanical plate reverb, still regarded as a mainstay of many recording studios, for a diverse range of effects including drum enhancement or vocal ambience.
Economical with system resources, the RVB500 is ideal for classic reverb effects while leaving sufficient power available for the most complex DAW projects.
- Adjustable sub-sample resolution pre-delay and RT60 decay time settings.
- Variable HF Damping.
- Plate reverb emulation with virtual transducer drive and receiver amplifiers.
- Wet-Only mode for use on a dedicated ‘reverb buss’.
- DPI-aware GUI automatically upscales for resolutions greater than 96dpi, improving usability on small / hi-resolution screens.
- Physical Control Weighting replicates the feel of high quality rotary controls, also improving accuracy for small control changes.
RVB500 for Windows, Mac and Linux (VST/AU) is available for the introductory price of 19.50 EUR through October, 2014 (25% off regular).
More information: OverTone DSP / RVB500
DDMF has announced the release of The Strip, a new channel strip effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
It features an EQ (four peaking, a cutting and a shelving band), a gate and a compressor section, optional 2x oversampling plus an in- and output gain adjustment section.
The plugin was designed to be a lightweight but good sounding effect that can be added onto every
channel of a project without compromising the CPU.
The Strip features
- Low- and Highpass filter.
- Four peaking filters.
- Low shelf filter.
- Gate with variable threshold, range, attack and release to prevent unwanted noise.
- Smooth compressor section.
- 2x oversampling available.
- EQ section with just the nicest little bit of saturation.
- Order of EQ and compression interchangeable.
- Available in VST, AU, RTAS and AAX format, 32 and 64 bit, for Windows and OSX (10.6 and higher).
The Strip is available for purchase for the introductory price of $39 USD until the end of September, 2014 (regular $49 USD). DDMF Full Bundle owners with a license purchased in 2014 get it for free.
More information: DDMF / The Strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Aug 29, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has launched a Friday Flash Sale on DCAM Dynamics, offering a 50% discount on the bundle of effect plug-ins by FXpansion.
FXpansion DCAM Dynamics offers a variety of different flavours of high-quality circuit-modelled dynamics processing. The included plugins are perfect for everything from taming tricky transients to heavy, creative sculpting effects and everything in between. Classic console bus compression and channel limiting amp processors are provided alongside a transient shaper and frequency-selective compressor making DCAM Dynamics a great all-purpose dynamics toolbox.
DCAM Dynamics features
- Circuit-modelled plugin compression suite.
- Classic console bus compression.
- Channel limiting amp compression.
- Envelope Shaper for transients in complex mixes.
- Frequency-dependent compression for creative tone sculpting.
- Saturation circuitry modelling.
- 2x oversampling with 4x Hi Def mode for extremely high quality.
- Built-in MIDI Learn for plugin controls.
- Secondary side-chain input and full MIDI control in compatible hosts.
The DCAM Dynamics bundle is available at a 50% discount from Plugin Boutique until September 1st, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / DCAM Dynamics