Tek’it Audio has launched Comp, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows.
Comp is a modern compressor that provides powerful visual tools to help you better understand and visualize the dynamics applied to your sound.
- Real time visualization.
- RMS and Peak compression.
- Soft and Hard knee.
- Attack range from 0.01ms to 0.9s.
- Ratio up to 30:1.
- Wet/Dry mix for parallel compression.
- Input, Ouput, Gain reduction readouts and VU.
- Scope visualization from sample sync to 200ms window.
- Zero Latency.
- Full MIDI automation support.
- Easy MIDI learn on all parameters.
- Use 7-bit MIDI Continuous Controller or High resolution 14-bit MIDI NRPN and RPN.
- Integrated Preset manager, rename, copy, save, load…
Comp for Windows (VST) is available for purchase for 29 EUR/$39 USD.
More information: Tek’it Audio / Comp
Blue Cat Audio has released version 1.2 of PatchWork and version 2.2 of MB-7 Mixer, a new version of its audio plug-ins that can host third party VST plug-ins.
With Blue Cat’s PatchWork 1.2, Blue Cat Audio has added flexible MIDI routing capabilities to its “universal plug-ins patchbay”: it is now possible to connect hosted plug-ins together or with the host application to send and receive MIDI messages.
For both plug-ins, this new version also brings the ability to rename plug-ins instances, as well as several performance and compatibility improvements (full list below).
Changes in PatchWork v1.2
- MIDI Routing: custom MIDI routes can be created to connect plug-ins together and with the host application, to send and receive MIDI messages.
- Mono to stereo processing: the plug-in can now be used as a mono to stereo plug-in and process mono tracks with stereo effects in hosts that support it.
- The “Parameters Map” menu item is now checked when a parameter is mapped.
Changes in PatchWork v1.2 & MB-7 Mixer v2.2
- Plug-in instance Renaming: it is now possible to give a name to each instance of a plug-in.
- Improved performance of undo tracking when loading presets for plug-ins with many parameters.
- Improved performance when changing the size of the plug-in user interface.
- Fixed keyboard stealing issue in many host applications when sub plug-ins editors are opened (except 32-bit applications on Mac).
- Fixed compatibility issue with Pro Tools 9 on Mac (random crashes).
- Fixing crashes with some plug-ins requesting information while being opened.
Blue Cat’s PatchWork: 59 EUR/$79 USD, MB-7 Mixer is 99 EUR/$129 USD. The update is free for existing customers.
More information: Blue Cat Audio
123Creative has announced the release of Talktron, a guitar talker/talking filter, and Shamanizer, an “Ethno” plug-in by G-Sonique.
Talktron is a guitar VST plug-in simulating talking / formant filter effect known from real pedal stompboxes. Effect used in many music styles like funk, jazz, hip-hop, and electronic styles. Perfect also in combination with synthesizers!
Shamanizer is a special effect that generates shamanix vibrations and mysterious chorals according to rhythm and amplitude of input signal. Perfect in combination with drums, synths and guitars. We think no more words are needed – JUST LISTEN to the demosongs or try DEMO version.
Talktron and Shamanizer are available for Windows (VST), priced at 9.90 EUR and 15.90 EUR respectively. An introductory price is offered for both.
More information: 123Creative
Antares has announced the release of Auto-Tune EFX 3, a real-time pitch correction and auto-tune vocal effect for Windows and Mac.
Designed to make almost everything automatic, Auto-Tune EFX 3 is the most affordable vocal production tool that provides Antares’ world-renowned real-time pitch correction. Users just set the key and scale of their track, adjust the Retune Speed for their desired effect, and Auto-Tune EFX 3 does the rest. For songs with complex chord progressions or modulations, they can optionally set up custom scales or use their host’s automation facility to allow the processing of virtually any vocal line.
New in Auto-Tune EFX 3 is a fully adjustable Retune Speed control that lets users fine tune the desired effect for their track, from subtle natural pitch correction to the full-blown Auto-Tune Vocal Effect.
Also new is Antares unique Humanize function that ensures that short notes are effectively corrected while sustained notes are allowed to preserve their subtle pitch variations for the most natural, realistic pitch correction possible.
Auto-Tune EFX 3′s Auto-Motion Vocal Pattern Generation is a unique effect that adds intricate musical patterns to a vocal performance. Patterns are selected from a built-in (and expandable) library in a variety of styles and can be synced to the host’s tempo at various beat divisions. At any point in a vocal track, a user can simply click the Auto-Motion Trigger button to send their vocal on a melodic adventure. And since Auto-Tune EFX 3′s patterns are stored in standard MusicXML format, users can use any application that can open and edit MusicXML files to edit existing patterns and create entirely new patterns of their own.
Auto-Tune EFX 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for $129 USD. Upgrades from previous Auto-Tune EFX versions are also available.
More information: Antares / Auto-Tune EFX 3
Audio Damage has launched a Spring Sale, offering a 40% discount on its plug-ins for a limited time.
The annual Audio Damage Spring Sale is now rolling! Use the code EASTERPIG at check-out for 40% off your entire order, including bundles*. Visit the Audio Damage store now! Sale runs until Thursday, April 24th, at Midnight PST (GMT -8).
*Doesn’t include hardware items, sorry! Only plug-ins.
The sale ends April 24th, 2014.
More information: Audio Damage
WOK has announced MSC-01, a free Mid/Side controller utility plug-in for Windows.
New one-trick-pony: Mid-Side-Controller. MID or SIDE can either be muted to leave only one of both passed. Side Swap will be replaced with BYPASS as it’s obsolete because of the L/R swap.
The plug-in is available for Windows (VST) from WOK’s Facebook.
More information: WOK / MSC-01
McDSP has announced that its entire McDSP HD product line now supports Avid S3L.
Take the power of McDSP plug-ins from the studio to the stage, and back again, with the release of Avid S3L support for all McDSP HD v5 plug-ins. McDSP has qualified all its AAX DSP plug-ins to operate on the S3L systems, and even added a few improvements to better support the S3 control surface. McDSP plug-ins like the new AE400 Active Equalizer, and bundles like Live Pack and even Everything Pack, now include support for this new modular, networked live sound system from Avid.
McDSP HD v5 plug-ins include support for AAX DSP, AAX Native, TDM, RTAS, and Audio Unit (AU) plug-in formats. S3L compatible installers are available now at the McDSP web site downloads section.
McDSP support for the Avid S3L systems is available as a free update to v5 customers. Customers not already owning v5 McDSP plug-ins can purchase upgrades from the McDSP online store.
More information: McDSP
Rob Papen has launched eXplorer III, an upgrade to the bundle of virtual instruments and effects by Rob Papen.
Rob Papen is one of the world´s leading sound designers and over the last few years he has released a series of multi-award winning high quality software plug-ins which have become essential tools for many of the world´s leading music producers. Now you can purchase the whole Rob Papen collection in one single package – eXplorer 3.
Combining all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company´s four award winning effects plug-ins, eXplorer 3 provides all the tools you need for contemporary music production including thousands of rich, complex, track-ready presets created by Rob Papen and guest artists including acclaimed DnB artists Noisia.
Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been updated to include Punch, Blade and now Blue 2, RP-AMOD and Predator FX at no extra cost, so now more than ever eXplorer 3 represents fantastic value for money!
eXplorer III features
- Blade: The cutting edge of today’s synthesizers!
- Punch: Speaker busting and body rattling drum machine.
- BLUE-II: Cross-fusion synthesis, FM, phase distortion, wave shapping & subtractive.
- SubBoomBass: Ultra-deep groove bass synth with built-in step sequencer.
- Predator: Phat analoge synth with killer presets and first class features.
- PredatorFX: Filter, modulation, vocoder and effects plug-in.
- RG: Electric & acoustic guitar grooves with sequencer and synth effects.
- RP-Delay: Delay insanity. reverser, 6 lines, 8 filters, 4 LFOs & more.
- RP-Verb: An advanced, transparent and musical algorithm reverb with easy controls.
- RP-Distort: Wicked FX unit that will distort or alter your tracks.
- RP-Amod: Spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums.
- PunchBD: In the near future.
The bundle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX), priced at 585 EUR (incl. VAT) / $699 USD. Owners of previous eXplorer bundles can upgrade by logging into their Rob Papen account.
More information: Rob Papen / eXplorer III