123Creative has announced the release of Pentode audio VBE-1, a vacuum tube analog bass enhancer effect plug-in for Windows.
If basic equalization does not bring enough of low end massive fatness and warmth to your mix, it is time to test new Pentode VBE-1 that will add real vacuum tube warmth, saturation and drive to your baselines and kick drums.
Pentode audio VBE-1 features
- Analog modeled bass filter (frequency and bandwidth Q knob).
- Vacuum tube bass enhance circuit with „saturation circuit gain knob“ to set amount of analog bass warmth/saturation and „saturation circuit output“ to set amount of level of saturated signal.
- Enhance knob to set amount of „colorless“ bass enhance.
- Input and Output volume knobs to set amount of input saturation and overall output volume.
The plug-in is available for the introductory price of 9.90 EUR (regular 16.90 EUR).
More information: 123Creative / Pentode audio VBE-1
Klevgränd Production has released version 1.1 of the SquashIt multiband distortion app for iOS.
This audio effect filter provides an unique distortion algorithm and should be essential in every music producers toolset. SquashIt doesn’t sound vintage, it just sounds good. SquashIt is developed by musicians for musicians.
Version 1.1 adds support for AudioBus 2 including state saving! It is also universal and works on iPhone 4S and later.
- SquashIt! is Inter app audio (IAA) compatible. This means you can use it with Garageband or other IAA compatible sequencers.
- AudioBus 2 compatible (including state saving).
- Load / Save presets.
- Remembers IAA hosts (will automatically load last used settings when a host connects).
- Low cpu usage.
- Simple but yet powerful user interface.
The app is available for purchase for $2.99 USD. SquashIt is also available for Mac (AU) as freeware.
More information: Klevgränd Production / SquashIt
Musical Entropy has revealed an easter egg in Guitar Gadgets, a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac featuring a compilation of “false” analog guitar pedal simulations, made to be used mainly with electric guitars and guitar amp simulations, but which may be sound interesting in any situation.
I’m going to talk about the easter egg in Guitar Gadgets. If you still don’t know how to make it appear, here is the trick : in the “about” tab (one click on the title), click 2 times on “-musicalentropy” (not a double click !), 2 times on “KVR”, 2 times again on “-musicalentropy”, and finally 2 times on “KVR”. This way, you are going to make a little game appear :
The game is called 2048. The original is a hit on smartphones nowadays, and has been created by a teenager called Gabriele Cirulli in one week end ! The game objective is to get a score as high as possible by moving all the pieces at once in one direction. When two pieces with the same number are pushed one on the other, they fuse with a doubled number, which is added to the current score. If you can make a piece with the number 2048 appear, you may consider that you have won the game, but you can still improve your high score.
Guitar Gadgets for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is a free download.
More information: Musical Entropy / Guitar Gadgets
Sound Radix has released version 1.0.5 of 32 Lives, a 32-bit to 64-bit Audio-Units plug-ins adapter for Mac.
We’ve plucked every last hair from our eyebrows and we’re happy to finally bring you complete Virtual Guitarist 2 compatibility with 32 Lives! This version also includes GUI compatibility fixes and other improvements.
The update is free to download for 32 Lives users. A new trial version is available for download as well.
Sound Radix has also announced AAX AudioSuite compatibility for Auto-Align and SurferEQ.
You’ve asked for it and we’re happy to comply – Auto-Align and SurferEQ are now AAX AudioSuite compatible. Need to print the tracks for your shamelessly un-radical mixing engineer or archive your project? No problem. Just copy+paste your setting from the real time plug-in and hit the Render button. If you haven’t done so already, please visit your user area to download the latest installers.
We currently recommend our AAX plug-ins for Pro Tools 11.x only. Please use the RTAS versions for Pro Tools 10.3.x and earlier.
Furthermore, Sound Radix is offering three 32 Lives bundle offers.
We’ve teamed up with Blue Cat Audio, LennarDigital and GSi to offer you these great value bundles. Check them out! Offer is available for bundle purchases only.
32 Lives Bundles
- Blue Cat Audio Patchwork + 32 Lives Bundle – $129 USD (reg. $178) — Create full racks of effects and instruments, mix & match 32 and 64-bit Audio Units plug-ins such as Sylenth1 and RogerLinn’s AdrenaLinn Sync in your 64-bit DAW, including Pro Tools 11!
- LennarDigital Sylenth1 + 32 Lives Bundle – 159 EUR (reg. 212 EUR) — LennarDigital Sylenth1. The synth and the legend you’ve heard on countless #1 chart-toppers. Buy it now with 32 Lives and get the 2.0 update Free of charge!
- GSi Instrument + 32 Lives Bundle $125 USD (reg. $166) — Whether it’s the ultimate Tonewheel organ emulation VB3, or down to the tine noise modeling of electro-mechanical classics such as MrRay MkII, EG70 or the funky ZD6, we’ve got you covered.
More information: Sound Radix
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Aug 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique has announced a 24-hour sale on TrueVerb, a reverb effect plug-in from Waves.
For 24 hours only we are offering Waves TrueVerb for a massive 80% off.
Featuring a flexible graphic interface and powerful editing parameters, TrueVerb combines reverb with an Early Reflections simulator to create extraordinarily natural-sounding virtual acoustic spaces.
- Thru and send modes.
- Independent and linked distance and reverb modes.
- Time and frequency response graphic interface.
The sale ends August 18th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / TrueVerb
Sinevibes has announced the release of Sequential 3.0, a polyphonic multi-effect plug-in for Mac.
Sequential allows you to trigger different processing and synthesis algorithms in a rhythmical fashion. It features a total of 19 fine-tuned effects that filter, distort, reshape, stutter and even generate audio – all with flexibility to add gentle spice or dramatically transform any material. The sequencer has a vast number of timing and shaping adjustments, while the whole plugin stores 8 separate parameter snapshots that can be automated or switched in real time.
As usual with Sinevibes software, Sequential has a clean, colour-coded interface which is extremely easy to use. With lively animations and instant responsiveness, it makes up for a really organic, natural user experience. Altogether, this makes Sequential an extremely capable and inspiring tool that completely re-architects loops, creates unique breaks, fills and transitions, or turns any static, lifeless sound into a dancing masterpiece.
Sequential 3.0 features
- Nineteen dedicated effects processors: low-pass and high-pass filters, barber-pole phaser, circuit-bent filter, wave transformer, sample rate and bit depth reduction, analog drive, ring modulator, frequency shifter, sine oscillator, phase oscillator, glitch oscillator, shot noise, white noise, flanger, resonator, chorus, granulator.
- Step sequencer with up to 32 steps, variable duration, timing and swing.
- Eight full instance snapshots, multiple utility and randomisation functions.
- Advanced transport sync algorithm with support for tempo and time signature automation.
- Audio Unit plugin compatible with 32/64 bit Intel Macs with support for Retina screen resolution.
Sequential is available for purchase for $49 USD. The update is free for existing Sequential users.
More information: Sinevibes / Sequential
lkjb Plugins has released ReFine, an effect plug-in for Windows and Mac that allows to add a final polishing to your tracks, busses and masters.
It extracts psycho-acoustic parameters from the source and thus allows to add warmth, space and punch to your mixes.
This is done level dependent and rather subtle; you probably won’t be able to create heavy distortion effects with this plugin.
ReFine is available as freeware for Windows and Mac (VST) as part of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014.
More information: lkjb Plugins / ReFine