FabFilter has introduced Pro-Q 2, an update to the Pro-Q equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
In this tutorial, Dan Worrall introduces FabFilter Pro-Q 2, the successor of FabFilter’s popular Pro-Q equalizer plug-in.
After a quick glance at new features like Natural Phase processing, Spectrum Grab, slope support for all filter shapes, gain-Q interaction and auto-gain, Dan will explain the most important features in more detail.
Pro-Q 2 will be available on August 28th, 2014.
More information: FabFilter / Pro-Q
Plugin Boutqiue has announced a Friday Flash Sale, offering up to 85% off the Rapture, Dimension Pro, Z3TA+2 and CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier plug-ins from Cakewalk.
Maybe our biggest Flash Friday Sale yet – Cakewalk Synths!!
66% off Z3TA +2
85% off Dimension Pro
85% off Rapture
60% off CA-2A T-Type Leveling Amplifier
This weekend only.
The sale ends August 24th, 2014.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Cakewalk
MeldaProduction has released version 8.05 of its effect plugins, which includes several optimizations, improvements and fixes.
8.05 is a big technological update, which provides several improvements, optimizations and fixes. It is recommended to install this update. It is necessary to use the newest installer from our download page.
Changes in version 8.05
- Added select random preset button next to each all buttons.
- Added Economy mode to MVintageRotary and MRotary, which speeds up processing in 96kHz by about 3x and 192kHz by about 10x.
- Modulation effects now provide “LFO override” feature, which lets you directly control the modulation signal, map it to modulators, automate it…
- Colors of all time graphs can now be configured and are stored with the settings. Settings are not stored in MMultiAnalyzer as these are overridden by track colors.
- All time graphs now support 2 axes, left and right, both can be overridden with different axes if needed.
- Added select-all/none feature to MMultiAnalyzer.
- Highly improved ADSRs – added immediate release, tremolo, hold down etc.
- Most preset buttons are now bigger and contain preset name.
- Highly improved harmonics detection from sample in signal generators in harmonic mode.
- Advanced parameters from modulators (step sequencer, shape…) can now be learnt to other modulators / multiparameters.
- ADSR custom shape editor is now zoomable and contains units.
- Randomization for banks in multiparameters now allows the standard ctrl (for slight adjustment) & alt (for full randomization) combinations.
- Improved upsampling performance and memory consumption.
- Band settings (even advanced) of all equalizers are now displayed permanently until you close them or open another band’s settings.
- Randomizer subpresets are now hidden.
- MMultiBandComb, MWobbler and MComb now has buttons to enable each filter directly from the tabs in the main view.
- Fix: The plugins might have not generated additional channels when set to convert mono/stereo -> surround.
- Fix: When moving multiparameter banks, the values of target parameters didn’t immediately update.
- Fix: MSpectralDynamics, MDynamics, MMultiBandDynamics could stop producing sound when some specific custom attack/release settings have been used.
- Fix: Fixed compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5.
- Fix: ADSR custom shapes didn’t update until attack/release was changed.
- Fix: Modulators could freeze during learning.
- Fix: MRhythmizer didn’t link MIDI note-offs between different sequence types.
- Fix: Areas editor could crash when no areas have been loaded yet in all equalizers.
- Fix: MMultiBandConvolution could freeze when a band has been added.
- Fix: MVintageRotary could generate loud buzz or even crash under some specific settings and hosts.
- Fix: MLoudnessAnalyzer was showing an dysfunctional horizontal zoomer and axis in the time graph view.
- Fix: MDynamics and MMultiBandDynamics didn’t store transfer shape time graph settings.
- Fix: All time graphs didn’t show loudness units as LU but dB instead and didn’t match when extensively zoomed in.
- Fix: MMultiAnalyzer could crash in certain situations involving loudness/waveform tab.
- Fix: MMultiAnalyzer often caused glitches on change of graphical properties.
- Fix: MTuner didn’t provide MIDI output as AAX.
- Fix: Plugins didn’t update high-quality upsampling enable change immediately.
- Fix: MRotary and MVintageRotary didn’t sound the same in different sampling rates.
- Fix: MDynamicEq and MAutoDynamicEq band advanced settings link grid didn’t update immediately.
- Fix: MFreeformEqualizer and MFreeformAnalogEq could crash when changing the processing graph.
- Fix: Plugins might not have presets or some other data when installed on a multi-account machine.
- Fix: Preset name might not have stored correctly if the preset list has changed.
The update is now available to download.
More information: Meldaproduction
eaReckon has released version 1.0.1 of TransReckon, a transient shaper effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
TransReckon is a transient processor that will help you to add punch to your drum lines or put some instruments forward (or backward) in an extremely efficient way and with unexpected ease.
TransReckon provides ‘Length’ and ‘Sensivity’ controls, a ‘Listen’ mode, a ‘Flat Sustain’ option and an integrated brickwall limiter. These options help to go further with the transient shaping process.
They can be used to reduce artefacts when processing specific instruments (guitars, …) but they also offer new creative possibilities (gate and “pre-delay” effects on a natural reverb).
Changes in TransReckon v1.0.1
- New Dry/Wet mix knob.
- “Fast” option that can be enabled to reduce the CPU usage on older computers.
TransReckon for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for 59 EUR.
More information: eaReckon / TransReckon
u-he has updated its plug-ins (ACE, Bazille, Diva, Filterscape, MFM2, Podolski, Satin, Triple Cheese, Uhbik, Zebra & ZebraCM) to revision 2570, the latest build with the newest fixes and improvements.
Owners of ZebraHZ can log into our support website. The download now contains revision 2570 as beta-installer, fixing most pressing issues with AAX.
Unfortunately the Changelog since revision 2352 contains more than 500 items, most of which relate to Satin and Presswerk. However, some of the most notable fixes are
- fixed crash when changing presets at high buffer sizes
- resolved Bazille crash related to FX
- fixed a few note hangers
- fixed a few MIDI issues
- fixed issues where UI was slow
We have tested 2570 extensively. Despite being “beta”, we highly recommend to upgrade to these and check them out. Note that Satin is at 2577 to fix the feedback bug in the 1.2.0 rev 2570 release version.
Downloads of rev2570 are available from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
HoRNet Plug-Ins has announced the release of Graffio, a three band distortion unit with selectable crossover frequency and three different processors for each band: a saturator, an exciter and a bit reducer.
Each of the processors adds a different kind of distortion to your signal, each of the flavors can be mixed with each other or bypassed, each band level is fully adjustable.
High quality processing is guaranteed by the same 4x oversampling algorithm found in HoRNet Magnus.
Of course if you want to distort the whole signal, Graffio works in full band mode too disabling the crossover and the high and low frequencies processors.
- Three band crossover with adjustable frequencies.
- Multi band and full band operation.
- Three different distortion processors for each band.
- Dry/Wet knob and bypass for each distortion processors.
- Output level and mute option for each band.
- 4x oversampling.
- Mac OS X (>=10.5 Intel only) and Windows support.
- 64-bit compatibility both on Mac and Windows.
- Audio Units VST2.4, VST3 and RTAS format.
The plug-in is available for purchase for 11.99 EUR.
More information: HoRNet / Graffio
Matthieu Brucher has announced ATKLimiter, a free limiter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
I’m happy to announce the release of one new limiter plugin based on the Audio Toolkit. It is available on Windows and OS X (min. 10.8) in different formats.
I also updated the compressor and the expander with improved UI controls. The compressor also has now a dry/wet knob, allowing to use it for parallel compression.
The plug-in is available for download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Matthieu Brucher / ATKLimiter