Voxengo has announced the release of version 4 of Elephant, a mastering limiter effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications. The most remarkable feature of this signal limiter is its sonic transparency. Elephant brings sound limiting and loudness maximization without audible “pumping” sonic artifacts.
Changes in Elephant v4.0
- Added a new “EL-4″ limiter mode, with less harmonic coloration.
- Added a new “Dynamic Release Control” limiter stage.
- Added a new “Timing” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release to Attack Ratio” limiter mode parameter.
- Added a new “Release Shape” limiter mode parameter.
- Added input level meter together with the threshold mark.
- Implemented the “Eval” limiter’s evaluation mode.
- Added the “Trans View” transient visualization.
- Made the “In Gain” and “Out Gain” knob ranges more practical.
- Magnified the “Out Gain” knob’s scale around 0 dB.
- Made changes to the “Trans Time” parameter stutter-free.
- The output statistics are now automatically reset if any parameter that influences the output statistics was changed.
- Added “EL-4″, “COMPACT” and “EXPANDED” factory limiter modes.
Elephant for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of $99.95 USD until March 5th, 2014 (regular $119.95 USD). The upgrade from previous versions is $49.95 USD. A 180 day grace period upgrade is available free of charge.
More information: Voxengo / Elephant
Rob Chiarelli has released Mix Buss Lite, an Signature Series effect plug-in designed for mixing.
The three most common questions I am asked are:
- “How can I get my mixes to sound like a record?”
- “How can I get my mixes to be LOUD without sounding over-compressed?“
- “How do you get the bottom end right?”
My new Mix Buss Plug-ins are the answer. For years, mix engineers have been using certain signal chains, compressors and EQ’s to infuse magic into their mixes. A simple, easy to use version of this is now available in my new Mix Buss Lite Plug-in.
Do these plug-ins sound great on everything? Actually, yes. They do. If they didn’t, I wouldn’t put my name on them. Simple as that.
Mix Buss Lite for Windows and Mac (32/64-bit, VST/AU) is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: Mix Buss Lite
Exponential Audio has announced the release of version 2 of its PhoenixVerb and R2 stereo reverb plugins, and version 1.0.1 of the PhoenixVerb & R2 Surround reverb plugins.
PhoenixVerb and R2 v2.0.0
This new version features a radically redesigned GUI with a modern appearance and improved visibility. Simple navigation and overall ease-of-use remain the same. The plugins are fully-compatible with earlier versions.
There are many additional features which have been adapted from the popular Exponential Audio surround reverbs. These include the Favorites list and user-controllable CPU load-balancing for increased processor efficiency. There are several new preferences to help tailor the plugins to the user’s way of working. And finally each plugin has dozens of new presets, making it even easier to find the right sound for the application.
PhoenixVerb Surround and R2 Surround v1.0.1
This new version adds support for several new workstations, along with bug fixes and dozens of new presets.
PhoenixVerb and R2 are available to purchase for $199 USD and $299 USD repspectively, PhoenixVerb Surround and R2 Surround are $359 USD and $459 USD respectively. Bundle packages are also available. The updates are free to all current users.
More information: Exponential Audio
IK Multimedia has launched T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5, featuring the first software version ever of Master EQ 432, the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus a new streamlined user experience process.
The Master EQ 432 is based on the Sontec 432 parametric mastering equalizer.
We are proud to announce the new T-RackS® Custom Shop update including the “holy grail” of mastering EQs, Master EQ 432. This latest update adds the first software version ever of the “gold standard” of mastering EQs, plus multiple enhancements of the T-RackS Custom Shop environment aimed at streamlining its usability for both previous and new users.
T-RackS Custom Shop 4.5 offers a unique mixing and mastering shell system that allows the user to have up to 26 of the world’s most sought-after outboard processors all available in one product for your DAW or desktop, both singularly or together, for the highest-end sonic experience.
The Master EQ 432 is available to purchase for 119.99 EUR.
More information: IK Multimedia / T-RackS Custom Shop
, d16 group
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Feb 20, 2014
Plugin Boutique has launched a limited time sale on the Sigmund delay effect plug-in by D16 Group.
Sigmund is far from just another delay: it consists of four discrete delay units, each with its own, independent set of parameters offering an incredible degree of sound-shaping freedom. There’s an ancient saying, often attributed to Aristotle: The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. With Sigmund, this is especially true: each of the delay lines has complementary modules built in, independent from the feedback loop:
- Multi-mode Filter (can work either in or outside of the feedback loop)
- Overdrive module
- Amplitude modulator (for tremolo effects)
Sigmund is available to purchase at a 50% discount until midnight February 26th, 2014 (GMT). Enter code SIG25 at checkout (no need to enter the group buy anymore).
More information: Plugin Boutique / D16 Sigmund
Image-Line has announced a VST 32/64 Bit Update for its plugins.
We are pleased to announce the following Image-Line VST plugins have been updated. Both 32 & 64 Bit VSTs are included in the installer.
Autogun 1.1.23, DirectWave 22.214.171.124, DrumSynth Live 1.1.30, Edison 2.2.23, Gross Beat 1.0.19, Harmless 1.0.29, Harmor 1.3.8, Juice Pack 2.1.16, Maximus 1.0.20, Ogun 1.0.24, Slicex 1.0.24, Sytrus 2.6.73, Vocodex 1.0.14
Changes in DirectWave v126.96.36.199
- 64bit version.
- Fixed recording.
- Updated standalone version.
Changes in other plugins
- Fixed crash related to plugin editors in Reaper x64.
- Fixed loading in Reaper x64.
- Fixed demo noise crash (mainly x64).
- Fix to continuous underruns.
- Edison: fixed freeze when trying to record in 64bit in demo mode.
- Harmor: fixed noise in 64bit version.
- Vocodex: fixed note on/off response when editor is closed.
- Updated standalone version.
The updated plugin installers are now available to download. New Image-Line customers can purchase the plug-ins with a 10% discount (valid for the first order of $99 USD or more).
More information: Image-Line
Toontrack has released version 1.0.4 of its Beatstation sample-based software instrument, and version 2.0.9 of EZmix, the mixing tool for Windows and Mac.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple. It is required for Pro Tools 11 compatibility.
Changes in Beatstation v1.0.4
- AAX support for Pro Tools 10.3.5 or above.
- Fixed: When “Drag MIDI as Audio” was enabled, dragging MIDI could lead to a crash if the sample rate was higher than 44.1 kHz.
- Fixed: Beatstation could freeze when the Swing knob was rotated.
- Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen.
- Fixed: Non-functional sound libraries should no longer be listed as available.
Beatstation is available to purchase for 99 EUR / $129 USD.
This update is recommended for all users but particularly for those running the latest operating systems released by Microsoft and Apple.
Note that version 2.0.9 is required for the support of EZmix packs released from this point forward (2014).
The following is a summary of changes that occurred in the last 6 months spawning several releases.
Changes in EZmix v2.0.9
- Optimized CPU usage for presets that use an Octaver effect.
- Fixed: In Audio Setup in the standalone on Mac, some audio device names were truncated.
- Fixed: When using Save As in the 64-bit standalone host on Mac OS 10.7 or newer, there were sometimes double dialogs asking if an existing file should be overwritten.
- Fixed: The file name pattern is now correctly displayed as “*.ezmp” in the Save As dialog in the standalone (previous versions had it as “*ezmp”).
- Fixed: Loading EZmix in GarageBand X should now use the same location for user preferences and favorites as when it was loaded in other hosts.
- Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
- [v2.0.8] Fixed: The level could be totally silent or distorted with certain presets on Mac PPC when using some effects introduced in version 2.0.7.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: The AAX should no longer crash on Windows if ProTools has used more than 2GB and a second instance is added to the project.
- [v2.0.7] Fixed: In standalone mode, when using external displays on Mac OS 10.9, the window could sometimes get stuck in the top part of the screen
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Changing “Report Latency to Host” now does a fade-out and a fade-in for a better experience.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: “Pan” should no longer be listed more than once in some shape control descriptions or tooltips.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Text that should have been bold was not bold on Windows, for example the browser headers.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: In the Create Account dialog, the country text field has been replaced by a dropdown menu.
- [v2.0.6] Fixed: Small adjustments to the way effects are displayed to the user in tooltips.
EZmix 2 is available to purchase for 139 EUR / $179 USD.
More information: Toontrack
G-Sonique has announced DUBXHOX H8, a multi-band distortion/waveshaping unit 3D dimension expander and effector for bass synths.
DUBSHOX H8 is unique VST effect combining various processors in one. It is designed for heavy music styles like: Dubstep, Dark Drum and Bass / Neurofunk, Electro, EBM, or experimental / minimal techno.
Dubxhox H8 is best in combination with huge baselines and dubstep synths.
If you are producing drum and bass, breakbeat, dubstep or other similar styles and you think that your synthesizer don’t have enough kind of sounds / sound colors and is missing fat bass energy or heavy analog character necessary for these styles try to apply Dubshox H8 as effect.
DUBSHOCK H8 combines multiband distortion and waveshaping unit with more than 40 types of distortions and shapers of sound (from analog, transistor / diode or vacuum tube distortions to crazy digital waveshapers.). Every band has knob for drive (amount of distortion) and output level so you can add heavy distortion but without sounding too loud.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows (VST) for the introductory price of 18.90 EUR for the first 100 customers (regular 29.90 EUR).
More information: G-Sonique / DUBXHOX H8