Falls A Star has released Octave Riot, a free octave divider effect plug-in for Windows.
Octave Riot is an octave divider in the Boss OC-2 style (flipping signal polarity rather than generating square waves) with some extra features.
The divider subtracts a moving average from its input sample, and that may or may not be why there are a few settings that will actually work as an octave *up* effect.
The plugin is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: Falls A Star
audioD3CK has released ChopChop, a compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
ChopChop’s algorithm was originally designed to be reasonably clean while operating with a very fast attack time and classic peak detection. The result is a very flexible compressor with a distinct sound. ChopChop is best used when the compression is meant to be heard, but it can act as an invisible tool too!
- External side chain.
- Linear domain compression for an old school sound.
- High pass filter in side chain.
- Range control to limit amount of gain reduction.
- Range knee to alter character of compression range.
- Mid/side mode.
- Freely adjustable channel linking.
- Adjustable compression knee.
- Full range ratio, all the way form 1:1 to 1:infinity.
- Flexible metering.
- Parallel compression.
- Release acceleration control to alter compressors behavior.
ChopChop for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for 19 EUR (non-commercial) / 49 EUR (commercial).
AudioD3CK has also released a version 1.1 update for all its plugins, which includes the following new features:
- Resizable UIs.
- Internal preset handling.
- Undo/redo for parameter changes.
- Updated manuals.
- Better authorization process.
- Improved installer.
- Registration free demo versions.
- Some presets.
- [Krucz] Additional makeup parameter.
The updates are free to existing customers. AAX and VST3 versions are in development.
More information: AudioD3CK / ChopChop
Forward Audio has announced the release of fa SampleDelay, a simple but powerful effect plugin for applying signal delays.
It’s main purpose is to solve time difference problems occuring in multi microphone setups and furthermore reduce horrible sounding comb filter effects (often called phase issues).
Nevertheless, you can also apply interesting haas delay effects, compensate plugin latencies introduced by other plugins or intentionally create comb filter effects to create colorful filter textures.
fa SampleDelay features
- Sample accurate time delays (0 – 100.000 Samples).
- A/B comparisons.
- Input delays in 4 different units.
- Completly flexible control range of the Delay Knob.
- Unique flexible user interface.
fa SampleDelay is available to download for Windows (VST). VST/AU for Mac is currently in development.
More information: Forward Audio
VST Zone has launched Amplio 2, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
Amplio is a way to enhance boring and dull sound. It’s 3 band Equalizer with adjustable bands and additional multiband effect modules.
Plugin is originally designed to enhance drum patterns but it is powerfull enough to be used on any type of sound. Reverb effect routable to any of three bands will add more space to mix and Soft Limiter will prevent any clipping on final output.
Changes in Amplio v2.0
- New multiband Noise gate with envelope controls will help you totally change your beat and create something new.
- Total overhaul of user interface, faster load and smaller filesize. Improved controls. You can now use rigth mouse click to set deafult values and double right mouse click to set value to zero on all controls. Holding shift while draging will increase sensitivity for better value settings.
- No more overlapping band control points on Frequency splitter.
- Improved Reverb and fixed wet/dry mix.
- Low band saturation now working correctly.
- Improved soft limiter to work better with distortion module.
- Control the stereo field with new multiband stereo balance module. Handy gadget for centering bass frequencies.
- Assembly optimization of all modules in order to save as much cycles as possible. Even with new noise gate CPU usage is same or even better than in previous version.
- Adjusted all existing presets and added new 14 new presets. Total 66 presets including Amplio presets that use Distortion module.
The plug-in is available as freeware for Windows (VST).
More information: VST Zone
zplane.development has released version 3.2.0 of PPMulator, a peak programme meter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PPMulator is a cross-platform plug-in meter for digital audio workstations which exactly mimics the look and feel of a professional broadcast Peak Programme Meter (PPM).
This plugin provides a precisely calibrated workspace for recording, editing, mixing and mastering.
Changes in PPMulator v3.2.0 features
- Ability to customize the loudness meter (e.g. ranges and colours).
- Admin mode with password protection for the preference panel.
- Switchable, second range for true-peak scale (-48 dbTP .. +3 dbTP).
- Several bug fixes.
PPMulator is available for purchase for 79 EUR (PPMulator+) / 119 EUR (PPMulatorXL). The update is free for all existing customers and can be downloaded from the user accounts.
More information: zplane / PPMulator
Youlean has released Freq-Balancer, a frequency analysis/equalizer effect plug-in designed for mastering.
The Freq-Balancer is mainly designed for mastering, but it can be used when mixing down songs, as well on the separate tracks.
Freq-Balancer analyzes the frequency content of an audio signal and automatically applies an equalizer that evens out the frequency balance towards a curve found on many commercial tracks.
When Freq-Balancer analyses audio, it measures the audios frequency content over a period of time. It splits the incoming audio signal into 7 frequency bands. Then it measures and compares the audio levels within each band. Finally it applies EQ to compensate for any uneven frequency balance.
The plug-in is available for Windows (32-bit VST) as donationware.
More information: Youlean / Freq-Balancer
SKnote has announced the release of STA-limit, a tube compressor effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Simple, powerful and characterful. With its high dynamic range and special compression behaviour, it is a must for a lot of track or buss processing.
- Mono/stereo or dual mono modes (dual mono enhances stereo image).
- 8x oversampling.
- Designed to achieve a rich, dynamic “in your face” sound.
- “Extra” unit.
- Sidechain filters (low and high, boost and cut).
- Mid/Side compression (acts on a part of the stereo signal).
- Wet/dry mix, no phase/time issues.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for $29.99 USD.
More information: SKnote / STA-limit