Tokyo Dawn has announced the release of SlickEQ, a mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound, developed in collaboration with Variety Of Sound.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 3 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion. The effect is made to add the typical “mojo” often associated with classy audio gear.
An advanced 64bit multirate processing scheme practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout.
- Full featured, modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure.
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity.
- Four output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow” and “Deep”.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“stateful saturation”).
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms.
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
SlickEQ is available as a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). VST3 and AAX formats will follow later.
More information: Tokyo Dawn / SlickEQ
LVC-Audio has announced the release of HotPhuzz, a saturation designer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
It is a creative tool that specializes in the creation of distinct saturation tones. HotPhuzz uses a multiband distortion process to create vintage, modern, and unique saturation effects.
Although HotPhuzz can be pushed into over distortion, it excels at creating more moderate saturation sounds. You can call the sounds whatever terms you like, but it still sounds good.
- Saturation creation tool with infinite combinations of saturation sounds.
- Four distinct saturation algorithms with three extra modes for enabling even-order distortion (7 modes total).
- Blend control to mix between two separate saturation algorithms.
- Multiband saturation design.
- Stereo controls, including balance, stereo width, and mid/side processing option.
- Adjustable output clipper with selectable routing configuration.
- Selectable oversampling (linear phase 2x, 4x, and 8x oversampling).
- User-friendly graphical input and output metering with VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters.
HotPhuzz for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for $25 USD.
More information: LVC-Audio / HotPhuzz
u-he has released rev 2211 of its ACE, Diva, Filterscape, MFM, Podolski, Satin, Triple Cheese, Uhbik, Zebra, and ZebraCM plug-ins.
In an effort to become more agile we’re going to offer more frequent updates of our stuff. Whenever we change any code, we always build all products for all platforms. So we also have all products with the most recent changes, improvements and bug fixes, but also with the latest bugs – some of which we might not experience in our environment. So by puting out latest builds we hope to provide bug fixes early, and also get early feedback on bugs that just happened. Which then get fixed quickly.
Changes in rev 2211
- hopefully fixed possible crash on PT auto save (AAX).
- fixed possible crash on closing down VST3 versions.
- fixed possible crash when unloading Diva.
- fixed permissions issue in VST2 Mac directory (this time, no tampering at all).
- workaround for Maschine hang.
- fix for wrong settings folder in Pro Tools.
- fixed missing string representation in VST2 automation.
- fixed potential memory problem at high samplerates (Diva, maybe Satin).
- fixed possible crash in Diva digital Osc.
- fixed possible crash in Diva Rotary Effect.
- fixed possible crash in Preset save.
- removed few more memory leaks.
- improved Map Editors (ACE/Zebra).
- Added high-precision CPU meter (internal use, logging only atm).
The new revision of u-he plug-ins is available to download from the u-he forum at KVR Audio.
More information: u-he
Minimal System has announced the release of Stereo Buss Compressor, a free effect plug-in for Windows.
This plugin is perfect for those producers looking to add the finishing touches to their latest masterpiece. Modelled on legendary buss compressors from classic analogue consoles the MSI Stereo Buss Compressor could be just what you need.
Analogue Buss Compressors are the secret behind many classic releases. Often very simple units a buss compressors job is to ‘glue’ all the elements of a track together and make mixes sound bigger with more punch and character without loosing clarity.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: Minimal System / Stereo Buss Compressor
Sinevibes has updated its Multitude delay and Cluster animated filter effect plug-ins for Mac.
Multitude uses gate sequencers to control sends into four individual delay lines – allowing you to activate them at precise moments in time.
Changes in Multitude v1.0.5
- Five new modulator waveforms: pulse, trapezoid, notch, 3x and 4x staircase.
- Reduced overall processor load by up to 25%.
- Fixed Retina display resolution support.
- Fixed delay units not working with fractional tempo values (e.g. 120.75 BPM).
- Minor changes to user interface text labels.
- Minor improvements to parameter automation interface.
Changes in Cluster v1.1.0 features
- Redesigned graphical interface with cleaner appearance and many usability enhancements.
- New “crossfade time” slider to adjust switch smoothness between filter types.
- Added compatibility flag for sandboxed hosts.
- Enhanced user manual.
The Multitude and Cluster plugins for Mac (AU) are available to purchase for $59 USD and $29 USD, respectively.
More information: Sinevibes
PSP Audioware has released version 2.0.4 of PSP Neon HR, a linear phase equalizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PSP Neon offers eight bands of equalization, each of which can be assigned one of seven filter types.
PSP Neon uses frequency-domain fast convolution based linear phase algorithms for the best balance between CPU efficiency and phase accuracy. For those who want to use the excellent analog-modeled PSP Neon filters in even more CPU critical applications, you can even toggle off the linear phase mode and take advantage of PSP Neon’s minimum phase error Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) mode!
PSP Neon also features one of our most user friendly interfaces ever, offering unparalleled easy of workflow. Once you experience for yourself the pristine, transparent response and intuitive design of this plug-in, we believe it will become your “go to” linear phase equalizer for mastering and other critical audio applications.
Changes in PSP Neon HR v2.0.4
- Pro Tools AAX 64-bit for Windows & Mac OS X.
- Minor bugs fixed.
PSP Neon HR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for just $99 USD until March 30th, 2014 (regular $149 USD).
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP Neon HR
Sample Magic has released version 1.2 of its Magic AB referencing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Magic AB is a simple, powerful reference tool that allows you to switch between the audio you are working on and up to nine tracks in an instant.
The update fixes several issues, including mp3 loading on Windows, and it future-proofs against potential problems that may arise when updating the host DAW, with specific improvements for Logic, Cubase, Wavelab and more.
Sample Magic recommends that all customers update to V1.1.2 by logging into the MY PLUGINS members area at www.samplemagic.com and downloading the most recent version of Magic AB.
To check which version you are running, click on the PREFS tab on the lower part of the plugin. The waveform display will change to show you the version number.
Changes in Magic AB v1.2
- Fixed mp3 loading failure > PC: On previous versions, occasional mp3s failed to load due to third party tagging. Magic AB now loads all mp3 files, including Beatport and iTunes files.
- GUI fixes > Mac: Static GUI window in Cubase 7.5 and Wavelab 8 now works as it should when running in 32-bit.
- Mac validation > Mac: AU validation failed in previous version under Mavericks OS. The AU now passes validation in Mavericks.
Magic AB for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for £29.90 GBP.
More information: Sample Magic / Magic AB
Native Instruments has released Molekular, a modular multi-effects system for the flagship synthesis studio REAKTOR 5 or the free REAKTOR 5 PLAYER.
MOLEKULAR features 35 exclusive creative effects for advanced, creative sound manipulation. MOLEKULAR’s modular design allows for an unprecedented level of routing freedom and its Morphing Field provides inspiring performance possibilities for producers.
MOLEKULAR features slots for up to four effect modules and near-limitless routing options for unique effect arrangements. Modules include a pitch and resonator section for transforming percussive sounds into melodic arpeggios. Delay, stutter, and glitch modules allow users to create new rhythmic structures or turn any incoming signal into washed-out soundscapes. Eight modulation effects offer incredible sonic versatility for augmenting tone – from classic modulation effects like flanger and chorus to yet-unheard effects such as a purposefully broken pitch shifter to create unusual new textures. Six dynamic and distortion effects include a 16-stage wave folder and a DSP that tracks a signal’s pitch to control a variable waveform oscillator. MOLEKULAR also comes with essential ‘bread and butter’ effects for additional sonic adjustments and finetuning.
MOLEKULAR features 16 modulation sources, which can be routed to any parameter within the effects system. Modulators include four customizable LFOs and four step sequencers for emphasizing any part of the meter with rhythms from simple eighth notes to odd metric subdivisions. What’s more, MOLEKULAR includes analog modular-inspired trigger sequencers – each with a dedicated envelope and an envelope follower to set accents or add bursts of effects to any production. A logic module adds an irregular, organic feel to the structure of sound sources with any degree of precision or chaos. Frequency-based parameters can be quantized to custom scales and it’s even possible to route one modulator into another producing unusual, constantly evolving modulation structures.
By using the Morphing Field, it is possible to drastically twist the results via the interactive display. Producers can assign a starting point, define four master mutations and easily morph between them in real time – a new and near-limitless approach to performing with effects. The morpher can also be controlled by any of the modulation sources. Though highly advanced technology works under the hood, MOLEKULAR is straightforward to use, and also comes with a multitude of presets of highly inventive effects ready to use as creative starting points.
Molekular is available for $149 USD / 149 EUR / £129 GBP.
More information: Native Instruments / Molekular