SoundToys has announced the release of MicroShift, a micro pitch shifter effect plug-in that allows for widening of your sound.
MicroShift makes it wide. Be it vocals, synths, guitars, backing vocals or whatever you choose to run through it, MicroShift uses this classic studio trick to spread out, thicken up, or give a new space to any track you hit with it. Of course, the SoundToys spin takes it beyond the original with the new FOCUS knob that lets you push and widen specific ranges without affecting the rest of the track.
Amazing for adding “shimmer” to a vocal, or “air” to a guitar. Control of the detune amount, delay, and a mix knob let you tweak the effect to fit just right in the track. MicroShift combines the classic sound of the hardware with new advanced features, and an intuitive interface. Simply huge.
MicroShift for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for $89 USD. Users of MicroShift Little can upgrade for $49 USD, and MicroShift Little is also included with a purchase of MicroShift before March 4th, 2014.
More information: SoundToys / MicroShift
iox AudioWare has released Titan 410X, a non-destructive loudness maximizer Rack Extension for Propellerhead Reason.
Titan is designed to sculpt your music to maximum levels, fullness, and clarity without pumping artifacts or loss of transients. It uses a non-destructive two stage gain and “contour” control to achieve high average loudness while enhancing or maintaining low level details.
Although originally designed as a master bus effect, Titan can be used as an insert on individual tracks with very low latency. The output stage consists of a brickwall limiter with adjustable soft clip to “soften” clipped signal levels. Monitoring peak and average signal levels is critical in the mastering stage which is why an alphanumerical meter display is provided for quick and easy checks of the input or output levels.
Titan 410X Precision Maximizer features
- Processing utilizes 64 bit floating point.
- Alphanumerical display for easy monitoring of signal levels even in bypass mode.
- Low latency, which makes syncing real-time audio and MIDI possible.
- Pre-process “over” 0dB indicator LEDs to detect a “hot” input signal.
- Adjustable soft-clip algorithm to reduce harsh signal.
The Rack Extension is available to purchase for 55 EUR.
More information: iox AudioWare
, effect plugins
, TSE Plugins
Posted in news
on Feb 17, 2014
TSE Audio has announced the release of its TSE X50 v2.0 – Rock/Metal Suite for Windows and Mac.
The suite includes the newly modeled X50 hi-gain amplifier.
TSE X50 version 2.0 is a complete suite for a quick guitar tone setup for rock and metal.
It’s using one of the most advanced modeling algorithms presented in a commercial plugin to this date, offering a real-time simulation of the electrical network in the stompbox/amp with acceptable cpu usage for modern processors.
TSE X50 2.0 Rock/Metal Suite features
- TSE808 – Our very popular screamer emulation now updated with improved even-harmonics etc.
- TSE X50 v2.0 – Hi-gain amplifier, completely re-modeled with new interconnecting algorithms.
- RACK – Tuner / Delay / Equalizer – Essential tools for getting that quick, good tone.
- Power Tubes – Select between using 6L6GC or EL34 pentode models.
- BIAS – Use the bias control to set the operating-point that suits you most. (Power Amp).
- Oversampling – Oversampling from to 2X to 8X + Automatic oversampling from 2X to 4X / 4X to 8X.
- Input Learn – Set your input-gain to a preferred setpoint automatically.
- Lower cpu usage.
- Zero-latency IR-loader with adjustable IR length.
- IR Analyzer – Compare IR length vs frequency in a graphical way.
- User IR Directory – Point X50 to your own IR collection.
- Movement Control – Poweramp to speaker emulation including your favorite IR into it’s process.
- Gate – A custom noise gate with adjustable Threshold / Attack / Release.
- DaFuk Tuner – High precision tuner for low-tuned guitars.
- King-Pong – Pong and asymmetric stereo delay.
- Aqualaser – Equalizer with HP/LP, Lowshelf/Highshelf, peakfilter.
- Zero-latency and topology preserving modeling throughout the entire signal chain.
- Included IR’s from Frozen Sun Audio, Trackmix Studio, GuitarHack, and Ryan Harvey Audio.
TSE X50 2.0 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 29.99 EUR until March 1st, 2014 (regular 49.99 EUR).
More information: TSE Audio / TSE X50 v2.0
ToneBooster has announced the release of TB-Dither, a quantization and noise shaping plugin for Windows and Mac.
TB-Dither allows the design of your own noise shaping curve – as easy as working with an EQ.
TB Dither is a plugin designed to modify the bit depth of audio signals, for example when authoring a CD or for archival purposes, with minimum quality degradation. Such process typically involves dithering, quantization, and noise shaping.
TB Dither supports industry-standard dithering noise types such as RPDF (rectangular probability density function, 1 LSB wide) and TPDF (triangular probability density function, 2 LSBs wide). A GPDF (Gaussian probability density function) is provided as well.
- Zero-latency processing.
- Support of all sampling rates from 44.1 to 192 kHz.
- Supports industry-standard RPDF and TPDF dithering noise.
- Unrivalled flexibility to shape dithering and quantization noise.
- Suports any bith depth between 8 and 24 bits.
- Dedicated modes to listen to quantization noise only.
- Advanced noise-shaping overload protection algorithm.
TB-Dither for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 9.95 EUR.
ToneBoosters has also updated it’s plug-in line to version 3.0.3.
Changes in v3.0.3
- All plugins
- Fixed a minor GUI memory leak.
- Improved accuracy of RMS output VU meter.
- Improved quantization and noise shaping algorithm (derived from TB Dither).
- Fixed an issue causing the loudness history graph not displaying correctly when closing and re-opening the GUI.
- Mitigated a crash due to a bug in Wavelab when using EBU Loudness on stereo tracks.
- Fixed a bug that could result in inresponsiveness of Module.
- Added ‘legacy’ saturation mode to simulate v2.9 behavior.
- Added channel linking control and stereo gain meters.
- Improvement in transient detection/compression algorithm.
More information: ToneBoosters
Audio Assault has introduced GrindMachine, an upcoming guitar amp effect plugin.
GrindMachine, The most agressive guitar amplifier to date!
GrindMachine includes 10 ultra realistic, ultra high gain amplifiers and 20 Dynamically modeled speaker cabinets. 11 amps with the included clean amp!
No pedals or other boosters needed, no post processing just plug GrindMachine into your FX Slot and enjoy pure high gain tones that easily fit into any mix.
GrindMachine can also load your favourite speaker cabinet impulses but trust us, you’ll find keep going back to the dynamic cabs.
GrindMachine will be available soon. 64-bit VST, RTAS, and AU are in development.
Grindmachine Free for Windows (32-bit VST) is available to download now. This free download includes 1 German amp model and 3 cabinets.
More information: Audio Assault
QuikQuak has released UpStereo Pro, a stereo enhancer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This plug-in uses unique technology for stereo enhancement. Unlike traditional techniques that can introduce phasing and inversion effects.
UpStereo Pro uses spectral processing and is engineered to shift actual pan locations of sound around the stereo field.
UpStereo Pro features
- Stretches stereo width without using traditional phase techniques.
- Unique technology that stretches sound locations toward the stereo extremes, keeping central sounds intact.
- Punch control for enhancing or dampening initial bass or kick sounds.
- Sizzle parameter for giving high end transients a fizz and sparkle.
- Linear equaliser with 16 point spline editing.
- Waveshaper with extreme settings.
- Full linear processing.
- On screen information panels for each of the controls.
- 64 & 32-bit versions in VST and AU formats.
The plug-in is available to purchase for £25 GBP.
More information: QuikQuak / UpStereo Pro
Rob Papen has released RP-Amod, a dual modulation effect that is available free of charge to all Rob Papen customers.
As you will probably know, a modulator is a term that is used in synthesizers. They are various types of settings that can change and alter a sound. With RP-AMOD you can use it’s modulators to alter your audio in different ways.
We have added ‘Phaser’, ‘Flanger’, ‘Chorus’, ‘Ensemble’ and ‘Tremelo’, which are classic audio modulation FX. What differs with RP-AMOD from these classic versions, is that you can also ‘tempo sync’ them to your music, and you can use two FX at the same time in various routing configurations. These routing options are not only in serial and parallel, but you can also ‘filter split’ the audio signal ahead of going to both of the FX!
RP-AMOD can spice up your vocal track, liven an instrument and even beef up your drums or drum-loops.
- Presets in various style banks. Preset / Bank menu with Quick Browser, Favorites & Recent etc functions.
- Main section with: Bypass, Mix, Volume, Send, Readout display and ECS (External Midi Controller Setup)
- Send button is ‘global’ and should be used in FX send mixer setup.
- Routing controls how the 2 modulation units are connected: Parallel, Serial, Filter Split (Using either 6, 12 or 24 db low pass / high pass filters. The filters frequency is set by the split frequency dial).
- Audio Modulation 1 & 2 with Sync, Volume Mix control.
- Audio Pan and Pan Modulation inside each Audio Modulation module.
- FX Types: Chorus, Tape Chorus, Ensemble, Flanger, Tape Flanger, Phaser, Analogue Phaser, Tremelo.
RP-Amod is a free download for registered Rob Papen users.
More information: Rob Papen / RP-Amod
LVC-Audio has launched a beta of PhreePhuzz, a free saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PhreePhuzz utilizes many underlying technologies used to create PreAMPed.
PhreePhuzz can be pushed into overt distortion; however, it excels at more gentle saturation effects. Each of the four saturation settings has emphasis on different frequency components.
PhreePhuzz can be used to give a track low-end saturation without dulling the high frequencies, or it can be used to give a shimmering high-end sparkle without muddying the bass.
- Virtual analog saturation simulator.
- 4x oversampling using linear phase filtering to ensure great high-end response.
- Four distinct saturation types, including separate saturation algorithms and multiband settings.
- Standard LVC-Audio controls, like A->B knob comparison and fine adjustment of knobs.
The public beta of the plug-in is available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: LVC-Audio / PhreePhuzz