Audiomeals has introduced Multiplex Vocoder, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production.
Multiplex Vocoder features four VST Vocoder modules where you can load any Virtual Instrument to design your final vocoder sound using from 1 to 4 vocoder sound sources. Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
Transform your favourite synthesisers into vocoders, send your voice to 4 vocoders simultaneously while recording the audio output, optional dry/wet recording mode. Each Vocoder features it`s own 3-band parametric equalizer.
Multiplex Vocoder features
- Optional 100Hz High Pass Filter at input stage.
- Transform your favourite synthesisers into vocoders.
- Send your voice to 4 vocoders simultaneously while recording the audio output.
- Optional dry/wet recording mode.
- Each Vocoder features its own 3-band parametric equalizer.
- Input depending mode available. Each vocoder will be activated or deactivated depending the input level, you can set the threshold individually.
- MIDI Learn mode. Control the app via your MIDI controller faders.
Multiplex Vococer is available to download for Mac (VST) at no cost until December 5th, 2013 (regular 5 EUR). Windows version is coming.
More information: Audiomeals
Acustica Audio has launched the Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite, a bundle of 7 effect plug-ins in collaboration with CD Sound Master.
This suite is created to provide you with a rare piece of American Music History. This is a world-class, world-famous, original “Cooltec” designed as the very first in the “EQP” line, using the original transformers and vacuum tubes.
It uses vacuum tubes to provide the proper gain staging and an inductor for the amazing input frequency processing.
Cooltec EQP-1 Suite features
- High Attenuation: Fixed Frequency Shelf Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Increasing the “Attenuation” control reduces the wide shelf high frequencies.
- High Boost: High Bell Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Frequencies for High Boost: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- High Boost/Cut: Simultaneous Boost and Cut on a single controller from 0dB to 11dB in 1dB steps. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Fixed Shelf Cut Frequency with Simultaneous Bell Boost Frequencies: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost/Cut Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- Low Attenuation: Low Shelf Frequency Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost: Low Shelf Frequency Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Boost: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost/Cut: Low Shelf Simultaneous Boost and Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Simultaneous Boost and Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Preamp EQ In/EQ Out: Dynamic Signal Path of the EQP-1 with program selection between EQ In and EQ Out. Drive – warmth/harmonic distortion control. Click the “EQ On” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ set to 0dB and engaged in the signal path. Click the “EQ Off” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ removed from the signal path.
The suite is available for Windows (VST), priced at 89 EUR.
More information: Acustica Audio / Cooltec EQP-1
The Sound Guy has announced that through Thanksgiving (and maybe beyond), it is offering a free copy of SFX Machine RT to anyone who signs up for its (infrequent) mailing list.
Designed for simplicity and ease of use, SFX Machine RT offers quick and easy access to over 250 presets.
Simply choose an effect category, click on a preset, tweak the sliders, and you’re done. Click the Random button for who knows what.
In addition to its unprecedented range of effects, SFX Machine RT can also be used as a “Swiss Army Knife” of audio utilities. If you’re new to SFX Machine, try the interactive SFX Machine simulator.
Sign up here to get your free copy of SFX Machine RT.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine RT
Spektro Audio has released version 2.0 of Spektro Nucleation, a Max For Live device that functions as a waveshaper and bitcrusher.
This major (and free!) update brings some exciting new features to our beloved waveshaping device.
Changes in Spektro Nucleation v2.0
- gen~ processing: During versions 1.0x, Nucleation, like most MaxforLive devices, processed sound in blocks of samples. Now, in version 2.0, it upsamples the signal by 2x and then uses the gen~ technology to process sample-by-sample! This new processing method results in less digital artifacts, less aliasing and a more pleasing timbre for your sound.
- New controls for you to shape your sound even further: offset and shift! Even tho the Offset control already existed in the previous versions, it now works differently due to the new gen~ processing method. The new Shift control allows you to shift the waveform forward in time, completely changing the sound.
Spektro Nucleation is available to purchase for $5 USD. A free lite edition is available to download.
More information: Spektro Audio / Nucleation
Plugin Alliance has announced free updates for all its plug-ins.
The Next Generation!
We just released a Major Update for all your Alliance Plugins.
Changes in plug-ins
- Improvements and more flexibility for license activation.
- Activate either single plugins or all plugins on any device.
- Stability fixes and host-specific improvements (PT11, Logic ProX, VST3).
- Fixed mouse-wheel issues on Windows, etc.
The updates are now available as a free download for existing customers.
Plugin Alliance has also announced the release of 9 new Producer Series Bundles, a number of application specific collections for drums, vocals, guitars, mastering etc.
Producer Series Bundles
- Save up to 60% with our 9 new bundles and pay them off in up to 3 rates.
- 4 – 7 plugins per bundle. Application specific collections.
- Brainworx. elysia. Maag. Noveltech. ProAudioDSP. SPL. Vertigo.
- You only pay for what you don´t own yet: If you own some of the contained plugins already your price will be reduced automatically.
More information: Plugin Alliance