Elysia has introduced the nvelope 500, a discrete class-A stereo impulse shaper dynamics processor.
The nvelope 500 is a powerful audio processor capable of making subtle or drastic changes to a sound by providing control over its attack and sustain characteristics. This is extremely useful for reshaping all sorts of individual tones, and is a wonderful tool in any mixing situation as well.
The nvelope 500 operates independently of the specific level of a signal, and (unlike with compressors) you do not have to spend a lot of time trying to balance a set of complex controls to quickly get the results you seek.
Elysia’s nvelope 500 provides enhanced control over processing.
nvelope 500 features
- Discrete Class-A Topology – As a true elysia specialty, the audio path of the nvelope 500 is completely based on discrete circuitry and does not use any integrated circuits at all.
- Full Range Mode – In Full Range mode, the attack and sustain intensity of a signal can be raised or reduced fast and efficiently with just two controllers.
- Dual Band Mode – This mode functions basically the same as Full Range, but it provides more tweakability by assigning the attack and sustain controls to individual frequency selectors.
- EQ Mode – The nvelope 500 can mutate into a two band equalizer with a high/low shelf characteristic, and even here the channel link for processing stereo material can be activated.
- Mixed Mode – When Stereo Link mode is not active, the two individual channels can be used as completely different processors at the same time.
- Dual Mono/Stereo Link – For ultimate flexibility, the nvelope 500 offers true dual mono and linked stereo operation as well – no matter if you are using it in Full Range, Dual Band or EQ mode.
- Auto Gain – Should distortion or huge jumps in level occur as an unwanted side effect of the attack processing, the Auto Gain function will compensate and get the level right.
- Stepped Potentiometers – The frequency potentiometers have 41 steps for an easy recall, while the gain pots have a center detent for finding their neutral position at once.
The nvelope 500 is available for $1049 MSRP / $975 MAP / 649 EUR excl. VAT.
More information: Elysia / nvelope 500
Roland has announced the PK-6 Dynamic Pedalboard, an impressive MIDI controller that puts the excitement and versatility of live bass performance with full MIDI control within reach of any musician.
The new PK-6 MIDI Pedal controller is the successor to the popular PK-5A, and preserves many of the same characteristics of its predecessor, while adding new features and functions that make its use more comfortable and intuitive for musicians. Virtually any MIDI function can be controlled in live performance using their feet, leaving hands free to play their favorite instrument, and the easily readable LED display enhances the player interface.
The PK-6 includes new features like MIDI merge, PK out, and an external pedal jack, along with proven PK-5A features like one-foot operation of four separate performance modes, 13-velocity sensitive pedal keys, and the ability to transpose over a nine-octave tonal range.
Connect the PK-6 to any MIDI-compatible keyboard or sound module, and instantly add bass lines, harmonies, drum/percussion sounds, and even sound effects to your performances.
- Four performance modes: Mono, Poly, Drums, MIDI Controller.
- 13 velocity-sensitive pedal keys spanning a one-octave chromatic scale.
- 7-segment display for easy and comfortable operation.
- Transpose over a nine-octave range.
- PK Out socket for streamlined pairing with many Roland instruments.
- MIDI Merge function.
- Battery operation.
The PK-6 will be available in April 2012.
More information: Roland / PK-6
Korg has introduced the Kaossilator 2, a palm-size phrase synthesizer.
Boasting a supercharged sound generator, Kaossilator 2 delivers excellent synth and drum sounds spanning a wide range of genres, plus dramatically expanded loop recording.
Use the internal mic to record guitar, vocal, or other audio source – just as with a looper effect. The Organic Electroluminescent (OEL) display provides superb visibility. Add to that a touch slider for ease of use, microSD card data saving, plus a built-in speaker and battery power. All of these features reflect the enhancements incorporated into the sleek and exciting Kaossilator 2.
Kaossilator 2 features
- Simply tap or slide your finger across the X-Y touchpad.
- 150 built-in sounds cover every style of dance music.
- PCM sound engine serves up realistic drums.
- Scale Key and Note Range eliminates “wrong” notes.
- Built-in Gate Arpeggiator with adjustable gate time and swing settings.
- Loop Recording allows the creation of layered phrases with unlimited overdubs.
- Dual Loop Recording banks allow DJ-Style mutes and cross-fades.
- Record using the built-in mic; or use the mic input for recording of external input.
- microSD/SDHC card slot for saving loops and recorded performances.
The Kaossilator 2 will be available May 2012, priced $220 USD.
More information: Korg / Kaossilator 2
, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 12, 2012
IK Multimedia has announced three new iRig iOS devices and a DJ Mixing App for iPhone at CES.
- iRig STOMP is based on the wildly popular AmpliTube iRig interface and is compatible with any iOS guitar/amp/instrument app. For the first time, guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing.
- iRig MIC Cast, the ultra-compact portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more. iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise making it ideal for single-source audio recording. Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- iRig MIX, a mobile mixer designed to accommodate virtually any small mixing and DJ-ing situation you may encounter. From mixing from a single iOS device, two devices, or an iOS device and an alternative music source like CD/MP3 players. Plus, there’s an additional channel input that allows you to hook up a microphone, guitar or bass and use real time iOS apps to process the signal, making iRig MIX the ideal small format portable mixer.
- DJ Rig, a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone. DJ Rig provides instant song play from the device’s music library, tempo sync, sample-based pads, performance recording and an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. Together with the just-announced iRig™ MIX, DJ Rig is the most portable, pro-quality setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
Pricing & availability:
iRig STOMP will be available to purchase in early Q2 of 2012, priced at $59.99 USD / 44.99 EUR. iRig MIC Cast will be available in Q1 2012, priced $39.99 USD / 29.99 EUR. iRig MIX will be available February 2012, priced $99.99 USD / 74.99 EUR (available to pre-order now), and the DJ Rig app will come soon, priced $9.99 USD / 7.99 EUR. A free version with limited features will also be released. All prices excl. tax.
More information: IK Multimedia
, distortion and overdrive
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2011
TC-Helicon has announced the VoiceLive Rack, a complete vocal effects package and mic channel.
VoiceLive Rack is based on the renowned effects engine that also powers amazing TC-Helicon units like VoiceLive Touch and VoiceLive 2, which basically means that all imaginable types of effects for vocals are covered: µMod (detune, chorus, flange), Echo & Delay, Reverb, Harmony, HardTune & Correction, Doubling, Transducer (distortion & megaphone), Rhythmic (stutter, tremolo, etc.) and Tone (Adaptive EQ, compression, de-esser, etc.).
Setting up a smooth producer-like vocal sound is as fast as it’s easy including digtal recall of a complete Mic Channel with gain and phantom settings. Of course, it’s the wide palette of included effects that offers tons of creative possibilities for the open-minded vocalist – a one-way ticket to ‘The Land of Opportunities’ for adventurous singers everywhere.
VoiceLive Rack features
- MP-75 Microphone with integrated control switch included.
- Based on the renowned VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive Touch effects engine.
- Pristine microphone preamp with digital control for storing gain settings.
- 238 Factory Presets.
- Memory for 400 presets.
The VoiceLive Rack is available this October, with an estimated price of $799 USD / €799 EUR SSP.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Rack