, IK Multimedia
Posted in news
on Jan 12, 2012 - 1 comment
IK Multimedia has announced three new iRig iOS devices and a DJ Mixing App for iPhone at CES.
- iRig STOMP is based on the wildly popular AmpliTube iRig interface and is compatible with any iOS guitar/amp/instrument app. For the first time, guitar and bass players can now integrate their favorite iOS signal processing apps into their existing live pedalboard setup for enhanced tone shaping and effects processing.
- iRig MIC Cast, the ultra-compact portable voice recording microphone designed specifically for recording podcasts, interviews, lectures, voice memos, speeches and more. iRig MIC Cast provides a pocket-sized voice recording solution with crystal-clear audio quality. It features a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise making it ideal for single-source audio recording. Includes an adjustable desktop stand for convenient iPhone/iPod touch positioning during recording.
- iRig MIX, a mobile mixer designed to accommodate virtually any small mixing and DJ-ing situation you may encounter. From mixing from a single iOS device, two devices, or an iOS device and an alternative music source like CD/MP3 players. Plus, there’s an additional channel input that allows you to hook up a microphone, guitar or bass and use real time iOS apps to process the signal, making iRig MIX the ideal small format portable mixer.
- DJ Rig, a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone. DJ Rig provides instant song play from the device’s music library, tempo sync, sample-based pads, performance recording and an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. Together with the just-announced iRig™ MIX, DJ Rig is the most portable, pro-quality setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
Pricing & availability:
iRig STOMP will be available to purchase in early Q2 of 2012, priced at $59.99 USD / 44.99 EUR. iRig MIC Cast will be available in Q1 2012, priced $39.99 USD / 29.99 EUR. iRig MIX will be available February 2012, priced $99.99 USD / 74.99 EUR (available to pre-order now), and the DJ Rig app will come soon, priced $9.99 USD / 7.99 EUR. A free version with limited features will also be released. All prices excl. tax.
More information: IK Multimedia
, distortion and overdrive
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2011 - 0 comments
TC-Helicon has announced the VoiceLive Rack, a complete vocal effects package and mic channel.
VoiceLive Rack is based on the renowned effects engine that also powers amazing TC-Helicon units like VoiceLive Touch and VoiceLive 2, which basically means that all imaginable types of effects for vocals are covered: µMod (detune, chorus, flange), Echo & Delay, Reverb, Harmony, HardTune & Correction, Doubling, Transducer (distortion & megaphone), Rhythmic (stutter, tremolo, etc.) and Tone (Adaptive EQ, compression, de-esser, etc.).
Setting up a smooth producer-like vocal sound is as fast as it’s easy including digtal recall of a complete Mic Channel with gain and phantom settings. Of course, it’s the wide palette of included effects that offers tons of creative possibilities for the open-minded vocalist – a one-way ticket to ‘The Land of Opportunities’ for adventurous singers everywhere.
VoiceLive Rack features
- MP-75 Microphone with integrated control switch included.
- Based on the renowned VoiceLive 2 and VoiceLive Touch effects engine.
- Pristine microphone preamp with digital control for storing gain settings.
- 238 Factory Presets.
- Memory for 400 presets.
The VoiceLive Rack is available this October, with an estimated price of $799 USD / €799 EUR SSP.
More information: TC-Helicon / VoiceLive Rack
, multi fx
, Twisted Tools
Posted in news
on Sep 13, 2011 - 1 comment
Twisted Tools has announced the release of Rolodecks, an effect ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
Rolodecks is a realtime dynamic, semi-modular multi-effect, made up of six effects. The Rolodecks effects are the Slicer, Flange, Filter, Delay, Reverb and Ext effects.
Ext (short for external effect), is an assignable effects slot, giving you the ability to insert your own effects and automate them! With the Ext effect slot, you can truly make Rolodecks unique by adding your own flavor. To top it off, we’ve inserted a granular effect called Stretch as the default Ext effect, but feel free to swap it out for your own.
When you purchase Rolodecks Pro, you also get a special version of Rolodecks, called RoloEXT, which gives you six external effects slots and extra modulation options built using the same framework as Rolodecks. Setting up your own unique effects takes no time at all and the possibilities are endless. If you can connect the ins and outs of a simple home stereo, you can easily setup RoloEXT with your favorite Reaktor effects and more.
- Slicer, Reverb, Delay, Filter, Flange and EXT effect.
- Connect your favorite Reaktor, Hardware or Software effects to the EXT effect slot.
- Rolodecks Pro comes with RoloEXT featuring 6 EXT effects slots.
- Dub style fx sends using your host effects with RoloEXT.
- Effects are playable via MIDI or freely running.
- Drag effects to set signal flow.
- 8 Scenes that store/recall signal flow, automation and parameter settings.
- Ext Modulation lanes send MIDI Notes, IC Sends and/or CC’s.
- Advanced internal modulation system.
- Modulation speed and length per parameter.
- Envelope Mode for the modulation lanes.
- Kore, Maschine and Twisted KP Templates.
- Time-stretching sample playback system.
- 300+ mb Sample Library.
- Sounds by: Derek Mahone, Gil Sharone, Glitchmachines, Jedsound, Lawgiverz, Mike Huckaby, Michael Ndah, Reuel Walker, Si Begg.
- Extensive Documentation and Demo Video by Native Instrument Product Specialist, Matt Cellitti.
- Free Version Updates.
Rolodecks is available to purchase for $49 USD; Rolodecks Pro is $69 USD.
More information: Twisted Tools / Rolodecks
Outboardanywhere.com has announced the launch of the game-changing service Outboardanywhere, where music creators can use classic studio outboard online.
“The missing link between DAW music creators and the analog outboard world” remarked lead developer and founder of Outboardanywhere, Fredrik Carno.
“Additionally, the low cost per use makes it within everyones reach to benefit from the sound classic studio outboard”
Outboardanywhere’s uniquely developed uniform outboard automation system combined with a web file transfer function lets music creators hear and compare the sound of ITB to the OTB sound themselves.
Outboardanywhere is now open for new account registrations at a starting price of 1 Euro/use.
More information: Outboardanywhere