EverythingTurns has released PurPLe, a “Radiophonic Modular Analog Synthesiser – Sci-Fi Effect Generator” for Native Instruments Reaktor.
PurPLe takes its inspiration from the early days of synthesis and is dedicated to the pioneers of the sound effects departments that terrorised the audiences of the science fiction silver screen.
PurPLe’s sound is generated by free running multi-wave oscillators, each delivering a diverse waveform that can twist and warp almost as if it’s alive.
The key to this sonic arsenal is the Modulation Matrix Patch Bay, allowing the component parts of the synth to interact with each other. The Matrix opens up endless possibilities of frequency modulation and interaction by tapping into, chaining and merging the signal path. The more you explore the more possibilities you will discover.
PurPLE for Reaktor is available to purchase for £14 GBP. Requires Reaktor full version 5.8+.
More information: EverythingTurns / PurPLe
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
Source Audio has announced the release of the OFD Guitar microModeler and OFD Bass microModeler, two Soundblox 2 effect pedals.
The “OFD” stands for “Overdrive, Fuzz, and Distortion.” Both pedals offer twelve meticulously crafted overdrive, fuzz, and distortion tones specifically voiced to accommodate the individual frequency range of either guitar or bass.
Each pedal’s comprehensive collection of distortion effects includes tone accurate models of Marshall® and Mesa Boogie® amps, as well as iconic pedals including the Big Muff®, Fuzz Face®, and Tube Screamer®.
The OFDs are the result of dramatic advancements in modeling technology as well as years of research by the Source Audio engineering team. The OFDs’ distortion effects were finely tuned through an intense process of examination and A/B comparisons with the pedals and amps on which each effect was modeled. The end-result is a dynamic collection of precise and naturally responsive tones, from warm and chunky tube overdrive to over-the-top fuzz.
Both of the OFD pedals are housed in compact and extremely durable cast-aluminum chassis. Their sturdy exterior and relay-based buffered or true bypass switches are built to withstand endless gigging and rehearsal, plus the compact 4.5 x 4.5 inch footprint easily finds a place on any size pedalboard. Both boxes include easy-to-adjust internal Noise Gates and individual Treble, Mid, and Bass Tone controls. The OFD Bass microModeler also features a clean/dirty Mix knob as well as Source Audio’s signature low-end preserving algorithm, Lo-Retain. Lo-Retain insures that bassists will not lose the thumping bottom essential to maintaining a strong low-end foundation.
The OFDs offer several forward thinking design functions. Preset morphing allows guitarists and bassists the opportunity to seamlessly shift from one preset to another with either an expression pedal or Source Audio’s own Hot Hand 3 Universal Effects Controller. Contrary to what one might think, OFD Preset Morphing is not a simple crossfade, but rather an actual metamorphosis in the form of a multi-parameter shift, so fixing an expression pedal mid-sweep creates truly hybrid tones, opening a practically endless range of tone possibilities. Along with the entire line of Soundblox 2 pedals, the OFDs also contain the option of MIDI compatibility upon Source Audio’s release of its MIDI Control HUB in early 2014.
The Soundblox 2 OFD Bass microModeler and OFD Guitar microModeler are available to purchase for MSRP $249 USD (street $169 USD).
More information: Source Audio
iThirtySeven has released version 1.1 of its iPro.DJSampler DJ app for iOS.
The App now includes a Free Effects Pack (which includes Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more) also in the update is wicked Free EDM Sample Pack & Audiobus support has been added.
The iPro.DJSampler been designed for specifically for DJs & Musicans to use live in their performances. Features available within the App include an XY Pad to control Effects to trick up samples, fast loading of Sample Packs & a powerful Time-Stretch feature.
And there’s an in-App iPro.DJSampler Store where users can buy Features & Sample Packs for the App, including EDM, Dubstep, Electro, Dutch House, Rap & Vocal Sample packs, and many big DJs, Artists & labels are already on board, including Sample Packs from some of the world’s biggest DJs & Labels.
Changes in iPro.DJSampler v1.1
- Audiobus Support.
- Effects Pack #01 is now FREE (including Reverb, Flanger, Delay, Filters & more).
- Free EDM Sample Pack Included.
- Fix for change in YouTube video format.
- Various Bug fixes.
The iPro.DJSampler for iOS is a free download at the iTunes App Store.
More information: iThirtySeven
Audiffex has announced inTone 2, a flexible effect processor with a mixer-like main window.
inTone 2 is fully rewritten. The original inTone for Mac was developed as a Carbon application opening VST 2 plug-ins.
The new version is a pure Cocoa application, 64-bit compliant, utilizing modern software technologies. It uses Audio Unit versions of built-in and third party plug-ins.
Changes in inTone 2
- The mixer window is the primary window of the application.
- The mixer window shows all important controls, including the signal routing, playback controls and preset management.
- Presets can be organized in PresetLists – similar to Playlists. This allows easy preset changes during your performances.
- Track Player output can be processed by effects.
- Track Player output can be included in recording.
- Track Player output can be sent to individual outputs or to the Master Chain.
- Track Player status is saved in presets.
- Track Player can not only speed up or slow down the playback, but also allows fine or semitone pitch changes.
- Individual volume for each track in a playlist.
- Any individual chain can be recorded.
- An extra recorder can be placed at any position in the effect chain.
- Individual Chains can be stored and loaded.
- Chains can be locked when loading a preset.
- An Aux chain is added with a possibility of output to selectable direct out channels or to the master chain.
- All features can be controlled by MIDI, not only plug-ins.
- Each Effect Chain has a selectable color. Track Player, Track Recorder and some Audiffex plug- ins are displayed with the same interface color to be easily distinguishe.
inTone 2 will be available for Mac in September 2013, and for Windows in December 2013.
More information: Audiffex / inTone 2