Sugar Bytes has announced the release of Effectrix iPad Edition, an app for creative and efficient music production.
Sugar Bytes’s game-changing tool for creative and efficient music production is now available on the iPad.
Effectrix is the industry standard for audio manipulation. Always tight and as easy to use as finger paint.
On the iPad, Effectrix shows off it´s incredible usability. Just grab and draw Effects for immediate results. All common interfaces such as Inter App Audio or Audio Bus are supported. Effectrix works in Auria and also will import songs from your iTunes library.
Effectrix iPad Edition features
- Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops).
- Integrated Recorder (various options: Start/Stop/Sync/Length).
- Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable).
- Inter-App Audio (Effect) & Audiobus Support (Sender & Effect).
- Audiocopy / Audiopaste.
- Full MIDI Support (Virtual, Network, Extern).
- MIDI Clock Sync.
- 20 fine loops installed.
- 230 factory presets (100 global, ca. 9 per effect).
- Redesigned GUI for perfect touch experience.
The app is available to purchase for $17.99 USD.
More information: Sugar Bytes / Effectrix iPad Edition
Audiomeals has launched Talkie Box, a walkie-talkie, radio, and telephone voice designer software for Windows and Mac.
Talkie Box is a prototype “all-in-one” audio tool develop to create & design radio voice effects for films & games.
Talkie Box features
- Walkie-Talkie Emulator: Includes distortion, 3-Band Parametric EQ, High Pass, Low Pass, BandStop and Resonance filters.
- Radio-Telephone Emulator:
- Limit your frequency bandwidth. Includes 3-Band Parametric EQ, Resonance & BandPass filters.
- Dial Pad: Telephone Dial Pad with real sounds. Create your own dialing sounds sequence.
- Noise Laboratory:
- Design your own radio background noise and interferences sounds.
- Up to 6 different noise signals. Control FM Gen parameters via XY Pad.
- Includes High Pass & Low Pass filters and 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Noise Lab Sampler: Once the desired background noise has been designed, you can also trigger this noise as if it were a sampler via Noise Pad. Triggering envelope designer included.
- Convolution Lab:
- Design your own voice noisy sounds. Add some noise and bad reception sounds to your voice.
- Input signal is convolved trough different noisy sound signals. Up to 6 different noisy sound signals. Control FM Gen parameters via XY Pad.
- Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Input depending mode available. Allows activating or deactivating the convolution lab sound depending the input level.
- For example, you can create some noisy voice sounds and activate them only when the input level is high, so you will only hear these sounds when your voice is louder, creating some interesting and realistic effects.
- Up to 6 pre-loaded radio & walkie-talkie sounds available.
- You can also load your own sample; triggering envelope designer.
- Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Morse Code Test Tone Generator: Generate your own Morse Code messages.
- Plug-in Strip Rack:
- You can load up to 2 plug-ins (VST/AU) into the audio chain.
- Serial & Parallel plug-in processing options.
- Save & Load plug-in presets. Export .fxp files.
- Master EQ: Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ, High Pass & Low Pass filters.
- Compressor: Add some compression or limiting to your audio signal.
- Bitter: Add some extra distortion by reducing the sample rate.
- Input & Output Routing: Send audio from any DAW/Audio Editor to TalkieBox or from TalkieBox to any software.
- MIDI: MIDI Learn. Control any fader & sampler pad via MIDI device.
- 8/16/24/32-bits & WAV/AIFF Formats.
- Simultaneously dry/wet recording mode available; it allows you to process again the original source content (your voice) to apply some edits or to create some variations before the final recording.
- Audio Player: Play any file from your computer into Talkie Box.
- Video Player: Play video files from your computer for better audio/video synchronization.
- Preset Manager: Create your own presets. Store & recall the whole session data.
Talkie Box for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $10 USD / 8 EUR.
More information: Audiomeals / Talkie Box
, drum machine
Posted in news
on Jan 23, 2014 - 0 comments
PreSonus has announced it is now shipping Studio One 2.6.2, the latest update to its award-winning DAW software.
The company is also shipping three new Add-ons for Studio One: Ampire XT Metal Pack Extension, Goldbaby Essentials Vintage Drum Machines, and Studio One Artist MP3 Converter.
Studio One 2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons, which are program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher. Add-ons are available for purchase directly from the PreSonus online store. The update also fixes a few known issues.
The Ampire XT Metal Pack Add-on includes 6 new amp models and 6 new speaker-cabinet emulations.
Studio One Add-ons
- The Ampire XT Metal Pack is an extension for PreSonus’ Ampire XT Native Effects™ plug-in that includes six new amp models and six new speaker-cabinet emulations designed specifically for metal guitarists. It also includes a brand-new Metal Drumkit for the Impact virtual drum instrument.
- Goldbaby Essentials is an exclusive soundset for PreSonus’ Impact virtual drum instrument that features a collection of 500 vintage analog and digital drum machine and beatbox samples. Designed by acclaimed producer and sound designer Goldbaby, the sounds in this set have been meticulously sampled, edited, and post-processed using analog tape machines and studio tools. Goldbaby Essentials comes with 32 ready-to-play Impact drum kit presets and 124 new Musicloops.
- MP3 Converter is an extension that adds professional-quality (up to 320 kB/s) MP3 encoding and drag-and-drop MP3 decoding to Studio One Artist 2.6.2 and higher.
PreSonus Studio One Add-ons can be purchased directly online and are installed by dragging-and-dropping on the Studio One application icon or window.
Ampire XT Metal Pack and Goldbaby Essentials cost $29.99 USD each, and MP3 Converter is $9.99 USD. The Studio One 2.6.2 update is free to all registered users of Studio One 2.
More information: PreSonus / Studio One
Studio Devil has announced AmpliFIRE, a new amp-modeling/multi-effects floor pedal in collaboration with Atomic Amplifiers.
Studio Devil and Atomic Amplifiers have teamed up to bring world class amplifier modeling to an amazingly compact and standalone unit for both floor pedal and desktop use…more to be unveiled in the days to come at NAMM 2014…
Studio Devil will be showing this amazing product at the NAMM Show 2014 in Anaheim, California from January 23rd through January 26th… stop by Studio Devil in Booth #6721 Hall A to see this amazing product in person!
More information: Studio Devil
The Sound Guy, Inc. has announced the release of a 64-bit upgrade of its SFX Machine Pro software for Mac that lets you create your own effects from scratch.
SFX Machine, a flexible multi-effects and sound design tool, will now work with 64-bit VST and Audio Unit host programs. A 64-bit VST version is also already available for Windows.
SFX Machine Pro provides quick and easy access to hundreds of audio effects, from the conventional to the bizarre.
SFX Machine Pro features
- A modular synthesis preset editor.
- Host tempo sync.
- MIDI automation.
- Randomize function.
- Output limiter.
- Over 300 effects.
SFX Machine Pro is available to purchase for $99.99 USD.
More information: The Sound Guy / SFX Machine Pro
, distortion and overdrive
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Jan 17, 2014 - 0 comments
Roland has launched Roland Connect 2014, introducing new Roland and BOSS products for 2014.
- OD-1X – Overdrive
Special Edition BOSS Pedal with Premium Tone.
- DS-1X – Distortion
Special Edition BOSS Pedal with Premium Tone.
- ME-80 – Guitar Multiple Effects
Hands-On Access to a World of Great Tones.
- KT-10 – Kick Trigger Pedal
Rock-Solid Playability in an Integrated Low-Noise Design.
- NE-10/NE-1 – Noise Eater
Acoustic Sound Isolation for V-Drums.
- HP508/HP506/HP504 – Digital Piano
Experience New Levels of Inspiration for Creativity and Learning.
- DP90Se/DP90e – Digital Piano
Premium Piano Features in an Elegant Modern Design.
- HPi-50e – Digital Piano
Enhanced Piano Features and the Magic of DigiScore Bring Musical Enjoyment to Your Entire Family.
- LX-15e – Digital Piano
Top Performance and Advanced Technologies in a Luxury Upright for Your Home.
More information: Roland Connect 2014
Source Audio has announced the release of the Soundblox 2 MANTA Bass Filter, the next generation of Source Audio’s popular Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter.
The pedal features 12 top-notch filter effects that triggered the success of the original Soundblox Pro BEF plus the addition of eight variations of on-board distortion. The distortions are not just crunch, or amp simulation; they are specifically designed to work in tandem with the filter effect selections. The Manta’s vast range of effect combinations and adjustable parameters offer an abundance of options, from classic funk tones to modern, super-aggressive dubstep wobble effects.
The Manta features a very unique signal path, internally splitting the instrument’s dry and distorted signals. The dry signal alone controls the envelope, increasing the playing response from the filter. Bob Chidlaw, Source Audio’s Chief Scientist explains, “The main reason we put in the distortions was to be able to use distortion without it severely compressing the dynamic range of the envelope follower. The twenty-four filter types provide a lot of opportunity to shape the final tonal spectrum. Lowering the frequency control generally makes things more mellow, although the Manta prefers to be a snarling, nasty killer!”
The Manta features twelve filter effects, including classics like 2 and 4-pole Low-Pass, Single-Peak, Multi-Peak, and Phasers. The Distortion Types include Hard and Soft clip, Octave distortion, Fold-back, Quantized, and synth-like Gated Fuzz. Each distortion has independent gain levels adjusted by the Drive control. There is also the choice of five different modulation sources including a Fast Attack and Slow Attack Envelope, Sine LFO, Square LFO, and Sawtooth LFO. Plus, like all Soundblox 2 pedals, the Manta is compatible with the Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal, the Hot Hand 3 Wireless Effects Controller, or MIDI control signals via the Soundblox HUB.
The Soundblox2 Manta Bass Filter is available to purchase for $169 USD.
More information: Source Audio / Soundblox 2 MANTA Bass Filter