AfroDJMac has launched Easy Multi Band FX, a free Ableton Live Pack.
When you start running your sounds through effects, you run the risk of killing some of the important frequencies within that sound. The most obvious example is on bass sounds. A lot of times I add distortions or reverbs on a bass and the sound either loses its low-end or becomes muddy. If only there was a way to put my distortion on the higher frequencies and leave the bass frequencies alone so they can stay powerful…
Of course there is a way! This technique, commonly referred to as “multi-band processing”, allows you to split up the different frequencies of your sound (in our case Highs, Mids, and Lows) and affect each one separately. So I’ve created a Free Ableton Live Rack that divides your sounds into three sections, Low, Mid and High (you can adjust what the frequency range of each section) and allows you to place effects on each band separately.
The Easy Multi Band FX Pack is a free download at AfroDJMac.
More information: AfroDJMac / Easy Multi Band FX
Multiples Pro has announced the release of Comb-I for Reaktor, as well as 6 sample libraries.
Comb-I – Reaktor effect
Multiples Pro is proud to present it’s brand new effect plugin for Reaktor in Comb-I, an effect like no other!
Comb-I is a comb filter that is then fed through your choice of Distortion/Saturation fed into a filter with your choice of Low Pass/Formant filters.
6 Sample Libraries
E|Perc vol 1
Dust : Imposcar
Dust : MPBASIC
E|Drums Kit Arsenal – One Shot
Padded Cell – Reaktor
This is to say a very Merry Christmas to everyone and to thank you for your support over the past year. 20K+ downloads and counting!
More information: Multiples Pro
Serato has released version 1.5.2 of its Serato DJ software.
This latest update for Serato DJ includes brand new FX powered by iZotope for Serato’s new FX Expansion Packs. Scrollable FX drop-down menus, support for the Vestax VCI-100 MKII, Numark MixDeck Quad and the brand new Pioneer DDJ-SB Serato DJ Intro controllers.
Changes in Serato v1.5.2
- Added Hardware Support
- Vestax VCI-100 mk II.
- Numark MixDeck Quad.
- Pioneer DDJ-SB.
- New Software Features
- New Chip Pack DJ FX Expansion Pack.
- Added scrollable FX drop down menus.
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed Novation Dicer showing unpredictable behavior.
- Fixed strip search on Numark NS7 always jumping to the beginning of a track.
- Fixed DDJ-SP1 so it can not enter Slicer Modes 1 & 2 when in ABS Mode.
- Fixed the platter resolution on the Vestax VCI-300.
- Fixed Novation Twitch pitch adjustment being latching when loading a new track.
- Fixed Novation Twitch effect depth on left hand deck sometimes not working .
- Fixed lighting on the Numark NS6 jog wheel.
- Fixed DDJ-WeGo Deck D platter controlling Deck A on the DDJ-WeGo.
- Fixed non adjustable upfader curve on the MixDeckQuad.
- Fixed Performance Pads 7 and 8 not turning off in sampler mode on the VCI-380.
- Fixed FX LEDs in Single Mode on Twitch.
- Fixed FX Scroll on Numark Mixdeck Pro.
- Fixed NS6 gets stuck in Beat Grid Slip Mode.
- Fixed VCI-380 Double track load.
- Fixed MC2000 gets stuck in Fast FWD/RWD mode when Shift is released first.
- Fixed brightness levels for Novation dicer in auto loop mode and inactive loops.
- Fixed wrong colour for cue button on the Novation Twitch.
- Other Changes
- Simple Upfader Start on the NS7 and NS7MKII: holding shift and using the upfader performs upfader start.
Serato DJ for Windows is available to purchase for $129 USD. The Chip Pack costs $19 USD.
More information: Serato
Sonic Bloom has introduced Verbotron, a free Max for Live device by Christian Kleine.
Hurray! We’ve reached the landmark of 200 posts on Sonic Bloom with this one. And it comes packed with a little surprise for you – Verbotron made by Christian Kleine, exclusively here on Sonic Bloom.
A great Max for Live addition to your collection of reverbs. The Verbotron uses the original Gigaverb algorithm by Juhana Sadeharju which is also known as “Gverb” in Audacity. It also features a handy visual representation of the reverb parameters.
Verbotron is available as a free download to Sonicbloom members (registration is free). Requires Live 9 and Max for Live (6.1).
More information: Sonic Bloom / Verbotron
Boscomac has announced the release of Delight Delay, a free delay effect ensemble for Native Instruments Reaktor.
The Delight Delay effect for Native Instruments Reaktor.
DELIGHT DELAY is a pattern-based delay controlled by a sequencer.
A central display allows you to set the level and filtering rehearsals and so draw a pattern. You can set the number of repetitions (1 to 15) determine the tempo (1/4 to 1/32), adjust the stereo (mono or pingpong) and adjust the blend.
Very easy to use, this delay grooves with guitars, runs with synths, installs synchronized vibes and many other things …
The ensemble is a free download for Reaktor (requires full version). Donations are appreciated.
More information: Boscomac / Delight Delay
EverythingTurns has released PurPLe, a “Radiophonic Modular Analog Synthesiser – Sci-Fi Effect Generator” for Native Instruments Reaktor.
PurPLe takes its inspiration from the early days of synthesis and is dedicated to the pioneers of the sound effects departments that terrorised the audiences of the science fiction silver screen.
PurPLe’s sound is generated by free running multi-wave oscillators, each delivering a diverse waveform that can twist and warp almost as if it’s alive.
The key to this sonic arsenal is the Modulation Matrix Patch Bay, allowing the component parts of the synth to interact with each other. The Matrix opens up endless possibilities of frequency modulation and interaction by tapping into, chaining and merging the signal path. The more you explore the more possibilities you will discover.
PurPLE for Reaktor is available to purchase for £14 GBP. Requires Reaktor full version 5.8+.
More information: EverythingTurns / PurPLe
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013 - 0 comments
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger