, Camel Audio
, Electric Himalaya
Posted in news
on May 28, 2013 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has updated its Alchemy Mobile virtual synthesizer app for iOS to version 2.0.18.
Alchemy Mobile v2 is the latest update to Camel Audio’s popular iOS sample manipulation synthesiser for your iPhone/iPad.
The 2.0.18 update provides support for the general pasteboard so you can easily paste audio into Garageband and other non-ACP apps. Also included are a new manual to help you get the most from all its features both old and new, as well as additional improvements.
Changes in Alchemy Mobile v2.0.18
- Copy/Paste to Garageband and other non-ACP apps.
- New Manual makes learning easy – see Extra->Help.
- New ‘Himalaya: Vintage’ Sound Library available – authentic classic synths.
- Improved handling of looped audio.
- Improved background rendering.Various other improvements and fixes.
Camel Audio has also announced Himalaya: Vintage for Alchemy Mobile.
It offers an authentic vintage vibe and playability with squelchy basses, rich multi-layered pads, cutting synths and shimmering strings. Classic synths include the Mellotron, Solina and Oberheim.
It’s out now as an in-app purchase for just 4.99 USD / 3.99 EUR / 2.99 GBP.
Alchemy Mobile Free is available to download for iPhone/iPad from the iTunes app store. Alchemy Mobile Pro Upgrade is available as an in-app purchase for $14.99 USD / 11.99 EUR / £10.49 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio
Electric Himalaya has announced the release of Old Volt, a soundset for the Saurus software synthesizer by Tone2.
Vintage mono synths, string synths and lush pads, Berlin School arpeggios, dusty leads and plucks, lounge wha-wha synth keys…
The real vintage and quirky vibe for those seeking the ‘analog’ sound.
An eclectic set of 159 patches influenced by the 1970s and early 1980s with some twists here and there.
The sound set is suitable for old school electronic music, early synth pop, electro lounge, or anything your creativity can muster.
The soundset is available to purchase for the introductory price of 15 EUR until 17 July, 2012 (regular 20 EUR).
More information: Electric Himalaya / Old Volt
FXpansion has announced the release of 3 new preset packs for DCAM: Synth Squad, along with a special introductory offer for purchasing all 3.
Expand your DCAM experience today with sounds perfect for electronic music, 80s synth-pop, abstract atmospherics and much more.
New preset packs for DCAM: Synth Squad
- Himalaya: Electricity is a set of 230 DCAM: Synth Squad presets inspired by the sound of early 1980s synth-pop. Created entirely using Cypher by master sound designer Electric Himalaya, Electricity’s sounds are perfect for all music requiring authentic retro synth sounds such as electro, Italo disco, pop, funk and electronica.
- Myagi: Bass Weaponry, a collection of 128 hard-hitting bass presets for DCAM: Synth Squad, delivers immense low-frequency goodness for all kinds of electronic, dance and pop music. Bass Weaponry is created for Fusor by producer/remixer Myagi and even contains a selection of bass sounds used on previous Myagi releases.
- Illegal Synthesis: Cypherdelics is an abstract preset expansion for DCAM: Synth Squad, featuring 128 presets for Cypher and Fusor. Cypherdelics is futuristic and cinematic with a retro edge and designed to inspire new musical directions in ambient music, soundtrack work, IDM or any other styles that demand original, atmospheric sounds.
All DCAM: Synth Squad Preset packs are download-only and available from the FXpansion web shop.
- Himalaya: Electricity is $39, €35, £29 inc VAT
- Myagi: Bass Weaponry is $29, €25, £22 inc VAT
- Illegal Synthesis: Cypherdelics is $39, €35, £29 inc VAT
Introductory Offer: Buy all 3 packs at the same time and save 30%! Purchase all three packs together for $75, €67, £56 inc VAT until May 31 2012 (normally $107, €95, £80 inc VAT)
More information: FXpansion / DCAM: Synth Squad preset packs
Camel Audio has announced Himalaya: Vintage, a new soundset for Alchemy and Alchemy Player.
Himalaya: Vintage taps into funk, fusion, old school electronica and synth pop, offering instruments with an authentic vintage vibe and playability. Enjoy squelchy basses, rich multi-layered pads, cutting synths, dancing arps, shimmering strings and breathy choirs. Alchemy’s resynthesis and granular engines have also been used to add a selection of sounds with a more contemporary edge, as well as a huge number of creative performance and modulation options.
This library features nearly 600MB of new samples, including classics like the Mellotron, Arp Solina, Hohner Clavinet, Minimoog, Oberheim OB-Xa, Korg mini700 and Roland VP-330 Vocoder. Himalaya is highly respected for his sound design work with a variety of synths including Himalaya: Pads for Alchemy.
Himalaya: Vintage contains 150 presets and is available to purchase for $59 USD / 49 EUR / £39 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Himalaya: Vintage
, Andre Ettema
, Camel Audio
, Christian Kjeldsen
, Corin Neff
, Electric Himalaya
, Martin Walker
, Nick Moritz
, Ole Jeppesen
, patches and sound banks
, sound design
, Stephan Römer
Posted in news
on Jul 18, 2011 - 0 comments
Camel Audio has announced the release of Guitar Mutations, a new sound library for Alchemy and Alchemy Player.
Guitar Mutations features a studio full of classic guitars warped into strange new forms. Explore guitars with four necks whose resonating bodies morph into keyboards, fractal arpeggiations, tortured string soundscapes, stressed whammy bars and fractured frets as well as creamy overdrive, shimmering chorus and chugging riffs.
Guitar Mutations takes full advantage of the Alchemy Player engine with 2GB of new samples. There’s haunting fingerpicking, quirky strumming and plaintive harmonics through to aggressive shredding and all manner of unconventional playing techniques. Guitar Mutations is perfect for creating ambient guitarscapes or adding an innovative edge to your rock and electronica productions.
Guitar Mutations features
- 150 sounds (1200 variations) for Alchemy.
- Includes 42 Guitars, 32 Soundscapes, 18 Arps, 16 Loops, 9 Bass, 8 Keys, 8 Synth, 7 Pads, 5 Leads, 5 Sound Effects.
- Suitable for Rock, Pop, Electronica & Ambient genres.
- Sound Designers Andre Ettema, Himalaya, Nick Moritz, Martin Walker, biomechanoid, Corin Neff, Chris Sciurba, Christian Kjeldsen, Stephan Romer, Ole Jeppesen, Arksun.
Guitar Mutations is available to purchase for $59 USD/€49 EUR/£39 GBP.
More information: Camel Audio / Guitar Mutations
Electric Himalaya has released Funk Retrospective, a collection of presets for the Mono/Poly virtual synthesizer by Korg.
Vintage Funk in the style of George Duke, Herbie Hancock, P-Funk, 1980s Boogie/Funk/Disco… It’s here!
Resonant vintage basses, tight and deep Boogie basses, P-Funk saw monster basses, leads straight from a MiniMoog on an Odyssey trip, smoky keys, spiky clavinets, synth keys and brassy synth stabs which fans of D-Train, Cameo, et al will recognise instantly.
If you play Funk/Soul/Old School Electro/Disco, this sound bank is for you.
Funk Retrospective (128 presets) is available to purchase at the introductory price of 10 EUR until April 21, 2011 (regular price 15 EUR).
More information: Electric Himalaya / Funk Retrospective
FXpansion has announced the release of Himalaya: Modernity, a DCAM: Synth Squad preset pack created by acclaimed sound designer Electric Himalaya.
Modernity is the modern dance-oriented counterpart to Antiquity, Himalaya’s comprehensive set of vintage analogue-style presets.
Himalaya: Modernity features
- 280 stunning electronic/dance sounds for DCAM: Synth Squad Fusor.
- Searing basses, leads and special FX.
- Churning, modulated dubstep basses.
- Expressive polysynth patches and pads.
- Diverse arps, textures, plucks, chords & stabs.
Himalaya: Modernity is available to purchase for £25 GBP/29 EUR/$39 USD.
More information: FXpansion / Himalaya: Modernity