, effect plugins
, Electro Harmonix
, Nomad Factory
Posted in news
on May 24, 2013
ILIO has announced a limited time sale on the Magnetic II Bundle from Nomad Factory.
Included in the Magnetic II Bundle are two of Nomad Factory’s most unique plug-ins, Magnetic II and Echoes.
Magnetic II is a Reel-to-Reel Audio Tape Warming effect that gives tracks a vintage tape sound. It features nine tape models with pure analog reel-to-reel tape speeds, tape/tube saturation and tape color effects, as well as a dedicated vintage-style EQ and a built-in “Boost” mastering section.
Echoes is an Analog “Echo Box” plug-in designed to emulate classic delay effects. Echoes models are based on vintage Echoplex® 1, Echoplex 3, Tel-Ray®, Electro Harmonix®, and Boss® delay units.*
The bundle is available to purchase for $99 USD until May 31st, 2013 (regular individual price $258 USD).
More information: ILIO / Magnetic II Bundle
Softrave has announced the release of Vintage Vibe Stereo and Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo, two effect plug-ins for Windows.
Softrave Vintage series stompbox effect plug-ins.
Vintage Vibe Stereo is inspired by analog guitar pedals used by Jimi Hendrix and Soundgarden. Vibe effect is combination of Vibrato and Chorus effects. This combination of effects create Leslie type of vibration of sound that is so good for psychedelic, indie rock , grunge and experimental type of music. You can also use this pedal with keyboards adding some warmth to digital sound of you fav VSTi`s.
Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is inspired by classical analog guitar pedal Electric Mistress by Electroharmonix used by David Gilmour, Todd Rundgren, Alex Lifeson, Andy Summers of The Police, J Mascis of Dinosaur Jr. and ex-Red Hot Chili Peppers guitarist John Frusciante. It was also used by Robert Fripp (King Crimson), Alex Lifeson (Rush), Lenny Kravitz and The Chemical Brothers. Vintage Flanger Chorus Stereo is not exact clone of Electric Mistress/ it dont have filter matrix but have more controls over phase of rotation and balance of effects.
The plug-ins are available to purchase for 11 EUR each (Windows VST).
More information: Softrave
Softrave has announced the release of its Vintage Space Chorus effect plug-in for Windows.
Vintage Space Chorus is intended to create unusual stereo chorus space effects good for rock, electronica, disco and experimental styles of music.
With this plug you can add some vintage analog feel to boring digital sound.
This effect was inspired by guitar pedals made by Electroharmonix.
The plug-in (Windows VST) is available to purchase for 11 EUR / $15 USD.
More information: Softrave / Vintage Space Chorus
, effect plugins
, Electro Harmonix
, Nomad Factory
Posted in news
on Apr 26, 2011
Nomad Factory has announced the release of Echoes, an analog echo box effect plug-in designed to give you the warmth and richness of classic vintage delay effects.
ECHOES faithfully models the greatest delay effects of all time, PLX-1 Based on Echoplex® 1, PLX-3 Based on Echoplex 3, OILCAN Based on Tel-Ray® Oilcan Delay, EHX-DM Based on Electro Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man, and ADM-2 Based on Boss® DM-2 Analog Delay.
Following the philosophy behind Nomad Factory’s hit Magnetic plug-in, ECHOES not only sounds amazing, but it is designed to be very easy to use. Unlike many other delay plug-ins that have dozens of unnecessary knobs and confusing parameters, ECHOES has captured the essence of the original effects by keeping it simple. With the turn of a few knobs, the plug-in delivers musical results and instant analog delay satisfaction!
- 5 classic analog delay effects all in one plug-in:
- PLX-1: Based on Maestro® Echoplex 1 – The original Tube-based tape delay effect.
- PLX-3: Based on Maestro® Echoplex 3 – Transistor-based tape echo.
- Oilcan: Based on Tel Ray® Echo – Tapeless Oilcan delay/echo.
- EHX-DM: Based on Electro Harmonix® Deluxe Memory Man – The most in-demand analog delay pedal ever built.
- ADM-2: Based on Boss® DM-2 – Analog delay pedal from the early 80′s.
- ECHO TIME : Controls the time from 20 to 2000ms of analog delay.
- PANNING : Center position for stereo pan, left or right causes ping pong effect.
- ECHO MODE : Choose from 5 classic analog delay effects.
- REPEATS : Controls the feedback amount of the delay effect.
- MIX : Controls the balance of the wet /dry signal.
- EXTRA KNOBS : 3 additional preset knobs that change according to the currently selected mode
- PLX-1 : Wow & Flutter, Drive and Echo Level
- PLX-3 : Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- EHX-DM : Mod Speed, Mod Depth and Echo Level
- OILCAN : Tone, Variation and Echo Level
- ADM-2 : Bass, Treble and Echo Level
- SYNC SWITCH : Sync your delays to your song’s master tempo.
- VINTAGE SWITCH : Give your delays that vintage analog sound by filtering the repeats.
- STEREO WIDENER : Increases the width of the delay. Lowest setting is true mono.
- INPUT : Sets the input level of Echoes.
- OUTPUT : Sets the output level of Echoes.
- POWER bypasses the entire unit.
Echoes is available to purchase from DontCrac[k] for the introductory price of $49 USD until May 15, 2011 (regular price $129 USD). It is also included in the Magnetics Bundle (with Magnetics plug-in) at a limited time price of $99 USD, also available until May 15, 2011.
More information: Nomad Factory / Echoes
Electro-Harmonix has announced four new effect pedal at NAMM 2011.
Electro-Harmonix Killswitch, Neo Mistress, Deluxe Memory Man w/Tap Tempo & Talking Machine
New Electro-Harmonix effects
- Killswitch – The KILLSWITCH Momentary Line Selector is a new, utilitarian Electro-Harmonix pedal. In Kill Mode, the KILLSWITCH can be used to provide instant muting. It can also be used to create interesting stutter effects by turning the instrument’s signal abruptly on and off for hard rhythmic in/out transitions.
- Neo Mistress – The new EHX NEO MISTRESS presents the lush flanging Electro-Harmonix is noted for. True to the classic Mistress, the Neo’s design adjusts the harmonic sweep to present the varied tonal density that flanging brings to musical performance.
- Deluxe Memory Man w/Tap Tempo – EHX has now created the ultimate Deluxe Memory Man equipped with Tap Tempo, Expression Control and an Effects Loop. Adding Tap Tempo ensures that you will always be in sync with the groove, wherever your performance takes you.
- Talking Machine – The programmable Stereo Talking Machine, Vocal Formant Filter, presents creative vowel shaping that is controlled by the player’s dynamics. Nine selectable Voices deliver vowel sounds such as AH-OO and OW-EE.
The Killswitch effect pedal is available now. The Neo Mistress is expected early March, Deluxe Memory Man w/Tap Tempo late March, and the Talking Machine will be available early April.
More information: Electro-Harmonix