New Atlantis Audio has announced the release of MD16, an Elektron Machinedrum ReFill for the Kong drum designer instrument in Propellerhead’s Reason.
Powered by 200 samples captured at 24 bit with custom multiple velocity layers directly through a Prism signal chain – MD16 puts the one-of-a-kind sound of the Elektron Monomachine in your rack and at your fingertips. Mix, match and tweak between 100 Kong .drum patches to create endless Kong kits of your own.
Folks who purchase MD16 can create a short demo track and send it to us on Soundcloud. Our favorites will become the official audio demos for the product, with credit and links to your music on our site, plus your choice of two free New Atlantis Audio ReFills!
The ReFill is available to purchase for $19 USD.
More information: New Atlantis Audio / MD16
Elektron has announced Analog Rytm, an 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support.
The eight drum voices take advantage of several dedicated analog circuit designs, each of them fine-tuned for generating specific classes of analog drum sounds. A diverse range of software parameter sets provide direct access to various parts of the circuitry, ingeniously enabling the unusually wide spectrum of drum sounds the Analog Rytm is capable of producing.
The full percussive potential is realized by the clever sample engine. It allows every voice to be spiced up with customizable and highly bendable samples, which can be layered with the analog drum sounds. The perfect unity of analog circuits, a flexible sample engine, and a lightning-fast digital control system simply goes beyond.
Plenty of tools are available for shaping the vibe of the beats. The parameters controlling the analog circuits and the sample engine can push rhythms to extremes.
The special warmth and rawness of the Analog Rytm are courtesy of the analog multimode filter and analog distortion circuit of each voice. The FX send section, comprised of a reverb and a delay, adds polish and shimmer to the beats-and before they hit the sound system, the analog compressor and analog distortion of the master channel will ensure their proper pump and grit.
Twelve backlit, multi-colored, pressure & velocity sensitive pads are used in tandem with the Elektron step sequencer for easy and immediate beat creation. When on stage, the performance mode and the scene functionality provides several ways of drastically manipulating beats live. The Analog Rytm is a one stop solution beat machine, suited for any rhythm-oriented context.
Analog Rytm will be available Q1 2014. Preliminary price is set to $1549 USD/1489 EUR.
More information: Elektron / Analog Rytm
Elektron has launched OS version 1.1 for the Analog Four, and the first OS for the new Analog Keys synthesizer.
Analog Four was recently voted Hardware of the Year by the readers of Future Music, and now Swedish instrument maker Elektron is releasing a powerful new OS, making the analog tabletop synthesizer even better.
Analog Four OS 1.1 introduces polyphony, resonance boost, and MIDI multi map. Oh yeah, it also unlocks the pre-installed +Drive of all units.
Changes in Analog Four OS 1.1
- Polyphony – Fully customizable voice allocation. With the upgrade, the Analog Four can be used as a polyphonic four voice synthesizer, as four separate monophonic synthesizers, in four note unison with user defined pitch spread between the voices, or anything in between. Get ready for lush chords, huge mono sounds and multitimbral magic!
- Resonance Boost – The resonance boost turns the Analog Four into a screaming beast. The feature is especially useful for creating deep kicks and powerful bass sounds. The resonance boost provides the sound palette with new colors.
- +Drive – The +Drive non-volatile memory increases the amount of storage space by two orders of magnitude. Thanks to the +Drive, Analog Four users can now enjoy working with up to 128 projects. Each project contains up to 128 patterns, 128 kits, 16 songs, 4 globals, and 128 sound pool Sounds. The machine you know and love just got multiplied by a factor of 128. Furthermore, every project has access to the +Drive Sound library, capable of storing 4096 Sounds. The Sounds are taggable for ease of use and identification. After activating the +Drive, 512 factory preset Sounds are instantly available.
- Multi Map Edit – Lets you freely assign functionality to any of the keys on an external MIDI keyboard controlling the Analog Four. Multi map allows custom mapped sounds, pattern trigging and trigging of external MIDI units. Also, full analog drum kits, bass lines, and lead sounds can be played simultaneously. Record multi map trigs with the sequencer.
The firmware update is now available to download from Elektron.
More information: Elektron
Elektron has announced the Analog Keys, its new flagship analog synthesizer.
Fully analog signal path, digital controls, and unprecedented playability make it an instrument for the expressive musician.
The Analog Keys is a four voice polyphonic analog synthesizer, capable of generating the finest basslines, chords, leads, and sounds imaginable.
The warm and deep tone represents the pinnacle of analog synthesis and the acclaimed Elektron sequencer stands ready to arrange and warp the analog sounds in real-time.
Complete the experience by treating the four voices with incredibly well-crafted master effects. A new world of sounds awaits.
Analog Keys features
- 100% analog signal path.
- Four voices, each with 2 analog oscillators, 2 sub-oscillators, dual analog filters, and analog overdrive.
- 37 key semi-weighted keyboard with aftertouch.
- +Drive storage hosting up to 4096 Sounds (+Drive Sound Library).
- Elektron sequencer with CV/Gate sequencing.
- Parameter assignable joystick.
- Extensive modulation possibilities.
- Supervoid Reverb, Saturator Delay, Wideshift Chorus send FX.
- Polyphonic, multitimbral, unison modes.
- Dedicated MIDI controller mode.
- 1 × headphones output, 2 × main outputs, 4 × stereo separate track outputs.
- 2 × audio inputs.
- MIDI IN/OUT/THRU with Din sync out.
- 2 × dual CV/Gate outputs.
- USB 2.0 port.
The Analog Keys will be available to purchase on December 5th, 2013, priced at $1849 USD / €1749 EUR / £1449 GBP. Shipping starts December 9th.
More information: Elektron / Analog Keys
Elektron has announced it will launch its new product at Night of Machines, taking place November 23rd in Berlin.
A new machine from Elektron is on the horizon. To celebrate it, Elektron will throw a big party in Berlin.
The event is called Night of Machines, the date is set to November the 23rd, and during the evening the new machine will make its official debut.
The launch party will include live performances by Very Special Guest (Kompakt), TM-404—a.k.a Andreas Tilliander (Kontra-Musik), Cascandy (Monaberry), and Andre Kronert (Stockholm LTD, Neurotron), and DJ’s Dataline, and Marlon & Karxman.
The event will take place at Humboldthain in Berlin (doors open at 23:00 hours).
More information: Elektron / Night of Machines
Loopmasters has released Octa Pak Vol 6 – Indie Dance, a sample library for the Octatrack performance sampler from Elektron.
Indie Dance is the Sixth Octa-Pak produced using only the finest cutting edge loops and samples ranging from Alternative Dance, Disco and 80s Classic Tracks expect to hear Funky Guitars, Disco Synths, Live and Synth Basses, Deep Grinding Beats and Uplifting SFX.
Indie Dance weighs in at 350MB and is comprised of 390 Samples, with 134 Loops between 110 – 130Bpm, and 256 Single One Shot Samples. 1 Octatrack Set is included, with 16 Scenes and 16 ready to play Patterns.
In detail producers worldwide should expect 38 Bass Loops, 52 Drum Loops, 31 Music Loops, 4 ComboLoops, 9 Drum Fill Loops, 19 One Shot Basses, 5 Cymbals, 48 Hi Hats, 26 Kick Drums, 39 Percussive Hits, 61 Snares and Claps, 14 Toms, 24 FX, 20 One Shot Synth Samples.
The pack is available to purchase for £24.95 GBP.
More information: Loopmasters / Octa Pak Vol 6 Indie Dance
Justin Sullivan wrote in to share this video of “clips and stuff in Bitwig studio”.
Here is a video I put together on Saturday. It covers some features of the Polysynth in Bitwig Studio. I’m using the Panorama P1 in Instrument Mode to control it.
More information: Bitwig
Elektron has announced MPC Memories, a new sound pack for the Octatrack 8 track dynamic performance sampler.
The MPC Memories Sound pack pays a tribute to the MPC60, the beat making machine that forever changed the course of musical history.
Goldbaby has put this gem of an instrument to work and has used it to sample hundreds of vinyl hits, drum machine one shots, and FX sounds. From now on, the Octatrack can’t stop, won’t stop.
PC Memories features
- 79 MB content, 24 bit/44.1 kHz WAV samples.
- Includes 1 set, 1 project, 16 patterns, 4 parts, 16 scenes per part.
- In detail: 15 drum machine kicks, 13 drum machine snares, 5 drum machine claps, 18 drum machine toms, 10 drum machine hihats, 8 drum machine cymbals, 20 drum machine percussion, 27 vinyl kicks, 30 vinyl snares, 7 vinyl claps, 12 vinyl toms, 22 vinyl hi-hats, 12 vinyl cymbals, 28 vinyl percussion, 100 FX and melodic samples, 23 melodic vinyl samples.
MPC Memories is available to purchase in the Elektron Online Shop, priced at 30 EUR.
More information: Elektron / MPC Memories