Universal Audio releases the EMT 250, a classic reverb powered plug-in for the UAD-2 platform.
Introduced in 1976, the EMT 250’s distinctive clear and open reverb sound has appeared on countless records, including Prince & The Revolution’s Purple Rain, Elvis Costello’s Spike, and modern classics like The Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Stadium Arcadium. Re-engineered by Universal Audio alongside EMT 250 creator Dr. Barry Blesser — and fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH — the EMT 250 Powered Plug-In goes beyond emulation by using the very same algorithm found in these extremely rare units.
EMT 250 Classic Electronic Reverberator features
- Faithful recreation of the EMT 250 reverb unit, widely considered one of the best-sounding reverbs ever built.
- Very same algorithm found in the original, repurposed for plug-in use in conjunction with original EMT 250 designer Dr. Barry Blesser.
- Modeled from Allen Sides’ EMT 250 “golden unit” at Ocean Way Recording.
- Additional EMT 250 effects also included: Delay, Phasing, Chorus, Echo, and Space.
- Fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH as the world’s only authentic emulation.
- Additional exclusive “UAD Powered Plug-In” features include Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and Hard Bypass via the lighted EMT power icon.
EMT 250 is available for purchase for $249 USD (requires a UAD-2 DSP accelerator card).
More information: Universal Audio
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Jul 30, 2009
Universal Audio has announced the release of UAD Software Version 5.4.0 for the UAD Powered plug-in platform.
This free downloadable update includes three new and highly anticipated UAD Powered Plug-Ins: FATSO Jr. & Sr. Analog Tape Simulators (UAD-2), EMT 250 Classic Electronic Reverberator (UAD-2), and Neve 31102 & 31102SE Classic Console EQs (UAD-2 and UAD-1). These new plug-ins can be freely auditioned in a 14-day demo mode. UAD Software v5.4.0 also provides significant RTAS performance improvements for Pro Tools users, integrated UAD-2 SOLO/Laptop support, and other enhancements for Windows-based users.
Changes in UAD Software Version 5.4.0
- All Platforms
- New EQ plug-ins: UAD Neve 31102 and 31102SE.
- (UAD Meter) 1176SE no longer uses 1176LN RunOn setting in plug-ins tab.
- (Fairchild) Automation is no longer overwritten when controls are linked.
- (UAD 4K Channel Strip) Clicking “OFF” labels now disable HP and LP filters.
- (Cooper Time Cube) Improved control resolution in lower ranges.
- New special plug-ins: UAD EL7 FATSO Jr. and FATSO Sr.
- New reverb plug-in: UAD EMT 250.
- (UAD-2) Reduced host loads on multiprocessor systems.
- (UAD-2) Improved host CPU spiking/dropouts in Vista.
- (AU) Removed Fairchild Mono Audio Units plug-in.
- (VST) Mono(m) plug-ins no longer load on UAD-2 when RunOn is set to UAD-1.
- (UAD-1) Resolved intermittent kernel panic on certain systems during driver install, driver load, or system wake.
- Additional UAD RTAS presets.
- Fixed issue with enabling Tempo Sync in CS-1, DM-1, and DM-1L.
- Pasting 1176LN/SE or LA-2A settings via UAD preset menu no longer zeros parameter values.
- (UAD-2) Latency is now 1x the hardware I/O buffer size instead of 2x.
- (Mac) Pro Tools 8 no longer hangs using Precision Multiband on UAD-2.
More information: Universal Audio
Acousticas has released EMT 252, a sample library consisting of 2112 unique stereo impulse responses.
This library reflects 95% of all the reverb possibilities of the real hardware. And using our included modulation delay presets makes it sound exactly like the real thing.
EMT 252 Impulse Response Library features
- 768 EMT 252 impulse responses.
- 256 EMT 250 impulse responses.
- 1024 EMT NON-LIN impulse responses.
- 16 EMT D-REV (Doppler Reverb) impulse responses.
- Modeling presets for use with Digidesign’s Mod Delay II and Logic’s Chorus.
- Screenshots of Mod Delay II for easy re-creation in your choice of LFO based delay or chorus.
EMT 252 is available in three versions:
- EMT 252 LE (core library), includes the 252 & D-REV: 69 EUR.
- EMT 252 OP, includes E250 & NON-LIN: 79 EUR.
- EMT 252 XL, full library: 99 EUR.
Visit Acousticas for more information and video demos.