Universal Audio has announced the release of the Maag EQ4 plug-in for the UAD platform.
The Maag EQ4 equalizer plug-in in collaboration with Brainworx.
In a self-professed quest for “audio perfection,” Cliff Maag designed the EQ4 to provide unparalleled transparency and top-end presence while maintaining a true, natural sound. Based on his classic — and long-discontinued — NTI EQ3 from the ’80s, the EQ4 features Maag’s legendary Air Band control, a major component to the vocal mix chain on Madonna’s Ray of Light as well as Celine Dion’s Taking Chances. Now, owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware can record and mix with an exacting digital emulation of this unique EQ.
Maag EQ4 features
- Adds presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, and overheads.
- Elevates treble frequencies without harshness or hiss.
- Five-position Air Band control.
- Adjusts overall EQ level with an added Trim control.
- Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Brainworx.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Maag EQ4 is available to purchase for $229 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / Maag EQ4
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
Axis Plugins has announced the release of its 3Q equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
3Q is using the same advanced algorithms as the axisplugins Track EQ, but with a ﬁxed number of 7 ﬁlters. Choose from traditional ﬁlters like hi/low pass, hi/low shelf and parametric. Each ﬁlter offers a range of parameters for adjustment.
3Q’s versatility does not end with the selection of ﬁlters it offers. Place your ﬁlter where desired by dragging directly in the ﬁlter graph or by using real-rotary-controls. Make precise changes to your ﬁlter’s parameters using the plus/minus controls. Enable or disable ﬁlters on the ﬂy. Of course, only enabled ﬁlters use your processing power.
Two workspaces allow you to create and compare changes to your 3Q to zero in on the ideal settings for your mix. Boost or cut your signal by +/- 24 dB. Save and load settings that will be available to you in any host. 3Q supports sampling rates up to 192kHz.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- 7 filter blocks.
- low/hi pass, low/hi shelf and 3 parametric eqs.
- Controllable frequency, gain, bandwidth, slope and q per filter.
- Enable/disable filters.
- Processing power only used for active filter.
- Output peak hold meters with rms indicators.
- Stereo output trim fader with +/- 24 dB boost/cut.
- Factory Presets.
- Integrated ‘SAVE’ and ‘LOAD’.
- Host-based parameter automation.
- Copy settings between workspaces.
- Two workspaces for instant parameter comparision.
- Adjust filter settings using rotary controls or sliders, dragging a filter’s handles on the filter plot or using arrows to nudge.
A 12-month license subscription for the 3Q plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 39 EUR. This includes all current and upcoming plugins.
More information: Axis Plugins / 3Q
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013
Universal Audio has announced the release of API Vision Channel Strip, an effect plug-in for the UAD platform and Apollo.
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
API Vision Channel Strip features
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
API Vision Channel Strip is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / API Vision Channel Strip
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Oct 04, 2013
Plugin Boutique has announced that the GlissEQ equalizer effect plugin for Windows and Mac is 25% off for a limited time as part of its Voxengo Partner Focus.
GlissEQ is a parametric equalizer plug-in for professional music production applications. The most interesting and unique feature of GlissEQ is the dynamic behavior of its filters.
To understand dynamic filtering, let’s begin by re-stating something probably obvious about a normal equalizer: you always get what you set. In other words, when you specify a 6 dB boost at 100 Hz you get exactly 6 dB of boost at 100 Hz.
But GlissEQ is different. When you specify a 6 dB boost at 100 Hz, you don’t necessarily get a 6 dB increase in gain. Instead, the filter’s effective gain is adjusted dynamically according to the program material. That is what we mean by dynamic filtering and it is the key to GlissEQ.
The GlissEQ for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase at 25% off from Plugin Boutique until October 16th, 2013.
More information: Plugin Boutique / Voxengo GlissEQ