Voxengo has released version 3.7 of its GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The most interesting and unique feature GlissEQ offers you is its filters with dynamic behavior. While when using a normal equalizer you always get what you have set: if you specify 6 dB boost at 100 Hz you get exactly 6 dB boost at 100 Hz.
GlissEQ offers you a slightly different approach: when you specify +6 dB at 100 Hz, you don’t necessarily get 6 dB of gain, filter’s effective gain is adjusted dynamically according to the sound material you are filtering.
Changes in GlissEQ v3.7
- “Wide View Mode” user interface display mode implemented.
- The “Load CSV” and “Save CSV” text file functions added.
- Fixed rare occasional crashes on Mac OS X.
- If secondary spectrum is active, the delta between primary and secondary spectrums at cursor position is now displayed.
GlissEQ for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $99.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / GlissEQ
RealDigital has announced a relaunch of its website with a new series of equalizer, reverb, compressor, delay, fx, guitar, and player plugins.
RealDigital develops VST plugins & virtual instruments. They work on PC Workstations (Cubase, Nuendo, Reaper) or audio editors (Audacitiy, WaveLab, Soundforge).
These plugins are virtual efx, modules that can improve your recordings and help you on sound design. VSTs can also be used for radio production, live performances and DJ’ing. They have great quality. We have great design. Our prices are going to surprise you!
Plug-ins are available to purchase for Windows (VST), priced at 5 EUR each. A number of free plug-ins is available to registered users (registration free).
More information: RealDigital
Universal Audio has announced the release of version 6.5 of its UAD Powered Plug-Ins software.
Software update version 6.5 introduces new Teletronix, API & Softube plug-ins.
The UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins platform offers the world’s most authentic analog hardware emulations and award-winning audio plug-ins for Mac and PC. Powered by our popular DSP Accelerator hardware, UAD-2 plug-ins deliver rich, analog sound quality that would be difficult or impossible to achieve with native recording systems.
From rare compressors and equalizers, to vintage reverb processors and tape machines, UAD-2 Powered Plug-Ins inject three-dimensional “out-of-the-box” analog sound to your in-the-box mixes.
New in UAD Powered Plug-Ins v6.5
- Teletronix® LA-2A Classic Leveler Collection plug-ins.
- API® 500 Series EQ Collection plug-ins.
- Softube® Vintage Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Bass Amp Room plug-in.
- Softube® Metal Amp Room plug-in.
- Full 64-bit architecture (Mac/Win).
- For additional UAD v6.5 software notes, click here.
More information: Universal Audio / UAD Powered Plug-Ins
DMG Audio has updated the EQuality, Compassion, EQuick and PitchFunk effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
Changes in DMG Audio plug-ins
- AAX-AudioSuite Enabled.
- Fix samplerate handling for VST3 in StudioOne.
- AAX enable click-thru – prevents first click from being absorbed when UI is opened.
- AAX Bypass mechanism reworked to match RTAS version.
- EQuick v1.04
- Fix mousewheel handling bug.
- Fix bug that could cause pops when automated.
- Added preference: Band-Q follows Zoom.
- Added preference: Configure right-click as Invert/Bypass/None.
- Tidy up automation handling.
- Improve mousewheel and autolisten.
- Added preference: Sticky selection, to retain selected bands, rather than allow dragging.
- Added preference: Control+Mousewheel behaviour (adjust gain/freq).
- Added preference: Larger EQ band dots.
- Reduce CPU usage when automated in Reaper.
- PitchFunk v1.04
- Fix “glitching” DSP bug.
- Fix delay times for samplerates other than 44k1.
- Compassion v1.08
The updated plug-ins are available to download at DMG Audio.
More information: DMG Audio
Minimal System Instruments has introduced the Analogue Ableton Producer Toolkit 2, a collection of audio effect racks for Ableton Live.
The Analogue Ableton series is designed so that the user has a highly usable suite of tools inspired and modelled on true outboard analogue hardware. The unmistakable sound of analogue is present in each one of the fifteen audio effect racks contained within this package.
Analogue Ableton Producer Toolkit 2 features
- 2254R Compressor – Modelled on a the popular 2254R outboard compressor from Neve.
- A-3630 Compressor – Modelled on the workhorse 3630 compressor from Alesis.
- L2 Compressor – Modelled on the well known Waves hardware compressor.
- MSI 525 Compressor – Modelled on a popular 500 series compressor.
- Retro Compressor – Modelled on a collection of outboard compressors built for Abbey Road.
- RNLA7239 Compressor – Modelled on FMR’s flagship compressor.
- Smart C2 Compressor – Modelled on the boutique Smart Research compressor.
- Super Band Pass Filter – A wild multi-layer filter for analogue depth and character.
- Analogue Band Pass Filter – Lush sound and character in an easy to use rack.
- Analogue High Pass Filter – Designed for both producers and DJ’s.
- Analogue Low Pass Filter – Designed for both producers and DJ’s.
- Analogue Notch Filter – Analogue motion and character.
- Depth Filter – Full of character and motion, an MSI favourite.
- Complex EQ – For detailed mixing and mastering duties.
- Lode Star Drums – Transform your drums with this unique rack.
Analogue Ableton Producer Toolkit 2 is available to purchase for £5 GBP.
More information: Minimal System Instruments / Analogue Ableton Producer Toolkit 2
ToneBoosters has released version 2.8.5 of its audio effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac, which includes the new FlX dynamic equalizer plug-in.
TB FlX (“Flex“) combines equalization and dynamics processing in one go. It works just as most equalizers; by moving 5 nodes along a frequency axis, a frequency-dependent gain is defined. In TB FlX, each node has additional functionality, including:
- The ability to define a level input/output curve (or compressor curve);
- Attack and release times; with classical or intelligent release curves;
- Amount of stereo widening.
ToneBoosters FlX dynamic equalizer – blending flexible dynamics processing and equalization in one optimized plugin.
- Almost 100 parameters to shape the sound in a clean and simple interface.
- 5 nodes to control a frequency-dependent gain and compressor input/output characteristic at any frequency in the audible frequency range.
- 3-node dynamics editor supporting upward compression, downward compression, expansion, and negative ratios. The compressor curves can either be a hard knee or smooth.
- Each frequency node has its own attack time, release time, and stereo widening parameter.
- Compressor release curves can either be ‘classic’ or ‘intelligent’ for improved transparency.
- Intelligent widening algorithm – automatically disallowing out-of-phase signals at the output that sound ‘hollow’ and unpleasant.
- Integrated output spectrum analyzer.
- Spectrum editor and compressor editor with zoom functionality for microscopic fine-tuning.
- Dry/wet control to blend between input and output.
- Based on the VST 2.4 specification to allow compatibility with virtually all host programs.
Besides the new Fix plug-in, version 2.8.5 includes the following changes:
Changes in ToneBoosters v2.8.5
- All plugins
- Fixed GUI redraw issue for preset selection in some hosts.
- Improved bounce behavior in Logic Pro.
- Inclusion of a new tape model.
- Compressor and EZCompressor
- Two new compressor algorithms included.
TB FlX for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
More information: ToneBoosters