, Abbey Road
, effect plugins
, Pro Tools
Posted in news
on Nov 29, 2013 - 0 comments
Softube has announced that the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of its product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit.
Today will be a brighter day! The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack is now part of Softube’s product family and ready for all major plug-in formats, including AAX 64 bit. The new version is free to current Brilliance Pack owners, and offered at a generous introductory price to everybody else!
The Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack consists of three unique treble equalizers, built and used at Abbey Road studios in the 1960′s. We at Softube originally developed the plug-in pack for Abbey Road, and following the recent news that Abbey Road will not continue offering their plug-ins, we are now incorporating it in Softube’s product roster.
The plug-ins have been rebuilt and updated to version 2.0, and also works for Pro Tools 11 (AAX 64 bit).
The Brilliance Pack is available to purchase for $219 USD, with an introductory price of $164 USD until January 9th, 2014. Current owners of an original license for Brilliance Pack can transfer that license into a Softube one with the Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack upgrade.
More information: Softube / Abbey Road Studios Brilliance Pack
Acustica Audio has launched the Cooltec EQP-1 Program Equalizer Plug-In Suite, a bundle of 7 effect plug-ins in collaboration with CD Sound Master.
This suite is created to provide you with a rare piece of American Music History. This is a world-class, world-famous, original “Cooltec” designed as the very first in the “EQP” line, using the original transformers and vacuum tubes.
It uses vacuum tubes to provide the proper gain staging and an inductor for the amazing input frequency processing.
Cooltec EQP-1 Suite features
- High Attenuation: Fixed Frequency Shelf Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Increasing the “Attenuation” control reduces the wide shelf high frequencies.
- High Boost: High Bell Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Frequencies for High Boost: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- High Boost/Cut: Simultaneous Boost and Cut on a single controller from 0dB to 11dB in 1dB steps. Five “Q” Bandwidth options. Fixed Shelf Cut Frequency with Simultaneous Bell Boost Frequencies: 3kHz, 5kHz, 8kHz, 10kHz, and 12kHz (designated as KCS, meaning KiloCycles per Second). The High Boost/Cut Plug-In has a “Q” Width” control. These 5 buttons control the width of the bell-shaped frequency. Clicking button 1 activates the most narrow “Q” width. Clicking button 5 activates the widest “Q” shape.
- Low Attenuation: Low Shelf Frequency Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost: Low Shelf Frequency Boost Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Boost: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Low Boost/Cut: Low Shelf Simultaneous Boost and Cut Equalization in 1/2dB steps from 0dB to 11dB. Frequencies for Simultaneous Boost and Cut: 30Hz, 60Hz, and 100Hz (designated as CPS, meaning Cycles per Second).
- Preamp EQ In/EQ Out: Dynamic Signal Path of the EQP-1 with program selection between EQ In and EQ Out. Drive – warmth/harmonic distortion control. Click the “EQ On” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ set to 0dB and engaged in the signal path. Click the “EQ Off” button to use the sound of the electronics of the Cooltec with the EQ removed from the signal path.
The suite is available for Windows (VST), priced at 89 EUR.
More information: Acustica Audio / Cooltec EQP-1
Harrison Consoles has announced version 2.4 of Mixbus, featuring numerous fixes, as well as a new addition to Harrison’s XT series for Mixbus: the XT-BC Bass Character plug-in.
The XT-BC Bass Character plugin is an innovative new equalizer from Harrison’s R&D department. It is designed to musically alter the tonality and character of bass instruments such as electric bass, stand-up bass, and synth bass. Unlike a traditional EQ, the XT-BC is “frequency-agile,” meaning that it tracks the pitch of the sound, and applies EQ specifically to the note’s fundamental or overtones.
The XT-BC can be used to beef up a thin recording, subtly change the tonality of an instrument, or attenuate the fundamental of a bloated bass track that is overshadowing other instruments in the low end of a mix.
Mixbus is available to purchase for $149 USD. A “subscription” is available for $49 USD, plus a recurring fee of $9 USD per month. The subscription provides ongoing benefits (including at least 50% off new plug-ins) and fosters continued development for Mixbus and the Ardour open-source workstation platform.
The XT-BC Bass Character plug-in is available to purchase for $109 USD. Mixbus subscribers received this plug-in for free.
More information: Harrison Consoles / Mixbus
Sound Magic has announced Neo MasterTool, an effect plug-in for mastering.
Neo MasterTool is a multi-bands, multi process mastering system, which provides different effect processing for mastering within one plugin.
By obtaining Neo MasterTool, you can get all weapons needed for mastering in one plugin.
Neo MasterTool features
- Flexible 5 band fully parametric EQ.
- Multi-Bands Compressor/Expander.
- Bass and High Dynamic Enhancer.
- Bass and High Psychoacoustic Harmonic Enhancer.
- Custom designed quad mode, multi-band Spatial Enhancer.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Different processing mode includes Stereo Mode and M/S Mode.
- Comprehensive metering system.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 119 EUR / $149 USD / £109 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo MasterTool
Universal Audio has announced the release of the Maag EQ4 plug-in for the UAD platform.
The Maag EQ4 equalizer plug-in in collaboration with Brainworx.
In a self-professed quest for “audio perfection,” Cliff Maag designed the EQ4 to provide unparalleled transparency and top-end presence while maintaining a true, natural sound. Based on his classic — and long-discontinued — NTI EQ3 from the ’80s, the EQ4 features Maag’s legendary Air Band control, a major component to the vocal mix chain on Madonna’s Ray of Light as well as Celine Dion’s Taking Chances. Now, owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware can record and mix with an exacting digital emulation of this unique EQ.
Maag EQ4 features
- Adds presence to vocals, acoustic guitars, and overheads.
- Elevates treble frequencies without harshness or hiss.
- Five-position Air Band control.
- Adjusts overall EQ level with an added Trim control.
- Developed for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform by Brainworx.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card or Apollo Interface, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
Maag EQ4 is available to purchase for $229 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / Maag EQ4
, multi fx
Posted in news
on Nov 15, 2013 - 0 comments
iMusicAlbum has launched Master FX, a multipurpose effect processor for guitar, synthesizer and voice, providing a wide range of high-quality and creative effects options for audio processing.
Includes a broad selection of audio processing options, comprehensive presets system, flexible audio routing options for connecting effect modules, audio player and recorder, low latency and highest quality of audio processing.
Master FX is intended for real-time processing of sound from one or two external instruments or microphones separately while playing or singing. It can also mix instrument sound or voice with pre-recorded audio tracks. Master FX can also be used as a sound processor within a variety of other musical applications as it supports Audiobus. This allows the app to be used as an effects processor as part of an iOS-based multitrack recording system.
Master FX features
- Built-in effects: 3-Band parametric equalizer, Chorus, Flanger, Pitch modulator, Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Limiter on main output.
- Low-latency for real time playing.
- Up to 6 effects at once.
- Various options for connecting effect modules.
- Processing of the two channels separately.
- Built-in player with playlists feature.
- Convenient playback control.
- Built-in recorder with switching sources (input, processed, output).
- Individual presets for each effect module.
- Global presets for all module parameters and connections.
- Includes control options designed specifically for live performance.
- Supports Audiobus in Effect or Output position.
- Support Dropbox web service (you will need free Dropbox account).
- Exchange files between applications through audio clipboard.
- Support “Open in” feature to move audio files from other applications.
- Option “Open file in” sends file directly to another application.
- Access to files through internal Web service in local network.
- Support for iTunes file share.
The Master FX app is available to pruchase for $11.99 USD.
More information: Audio Mastering Studio / Master FX
Axis Plugins has announced the release of its 3Q equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
3Q is using the same advanced algorithms as the axisplugins Track EQ, but with a ﬁxed number of 7 ﬁlters. Choose from traditional ﬁlters like hi/low pass, hi/low shelf and parametric. Each ﬁlter offers a range of parameters for adjustment.
3Q’s versatility does not end with the selection of ﬁlters it offers. Place your ﬁlter where desired by dragging directly in the ﬁlter graph or by using real-rotary-controls. Make precise changes to your ﬁlter’s parameters using the plus/minus controls. Enable or disable ﬁlters on the ﬂy. Of course, only enabled ﬁlters use your processing power.
Two workspaces allow you to create and compare changes to your 3Q to zero in on the ideal settings for your mix. Boost or cut your signal by +/- 24 dB. Save and load settings that will be available to you in any host. 3Q supports sampling rates up to 192kHz.
- Supports sampling rates up to 192 kHz.
- 7 filter blocks.
- low/hi pass, low/hi shelf and 3 parametric eqs.
- Controllable frequency, gain, bandwidth, slope and q per filter.
- Enable/disable filters.
- Processing power only used for active filter.
- Output peak hold meters with rms indicators.
- Stereo output trim fader with +/- 24 dB boost/cut.
- Factory Presets.
- Integrated ‘SAVE’ and ‘LOAD’.
- Host-based parameter automation.
- Copy settings between workspaces.
- Two workspaces for instant parameter comparision.
- Adjust filter settings using rotary controls or sliders, dragging a filter’s handles on the filter plot or using arrows to nudge.
A 12-month license subscription for the 3Q plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS) is available to purchase for 39 EUR. This includes all current and upcoming plugins.
More information: Axis Plugins / 3Q
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced the release of API Vision Channel Strip, an effect plug-in for the UAD platform and Apollo.
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
API Vision Channel Strip features
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
API Vision Channel Strip is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / API Vision Channel Strip