A.O.M. has released version 1.7.2 of its Invisible Limiter, Stereo Imager D, Wave Shredder, tranQulizr, and Cyclic Panner effect plug-ins for Windows and Mac.
All plugins has been updated to 1.7.2. This is a maintenance release but several enhancements are shipped with. Invisible Limiter has a new UI design by Ryo Asakura.
The new GUI of Invisible Limiter, a transparent look-ahead brickwall limiter with automatic attack/release-time optimization.
Changes in version 1.7.2
- [Invisible Limiter] Shipped with a new skin, designed by Ryo Asakura from Seventhgraphics.
- [Invisible Limiter] Adds “Suppress” mode in OVERSHOOT parameter. In this mode, Invisible Limiter adds small amount of reduction to signal instead of clipping in “Clip” mode. Suppress mode brings analog-like sound, such as more gentle mid-high and fatter mid-low compared with same setup in Clip mode.
- [Invisible Limiter] Sets knob’s default value to correct one. Users now can revert knob values to default by Ctrl-clicking.
- [tranQuilizr] Adds over-0dB indicator.
- [tranQuilizr] Performance improvement for 10-20%. This version is now 2.6 times faster compared with its initial release.
- [All Plugins] Add prior notice of license expiration. Notification will be displayed if days to expire is 30 or less.
- [All plugins for AAX-Native and AU] Employs new crash guards. Plugins handle internal errors more gently and record it to log file for problem resolution.
- [tranQuilizr for AAX-Native] Enables Alt+Drag operations in ProTools.
- [tranQuilizr for VST, Windows] Fixes equalizing curve was incorrectly displayed when a project is reopened in SONAR.
- [tranQuilizr] Fixes crashing bug when any band-solo is enabled.
The A.O.M. Audio Plug-ins v1.7.2 is now available to download for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX).
More information: A.O.M.
McDSP has announced the release of Equalizer Collection, three new equalizers for Reason Rack Extensions.
Choose from three uniquely and meticulously hand-crafted equalizers to add that warmth and presence that your music has been waiting for.
Offered at just $49 a piece, there is the E670, Moo Q, and FRG-EEE, or purchase them all for just $119, in the Equalizer Collection bundle.
McDSP Equalizer Collection features
- The E670 Rack Extension plug-in is a three-band equalizer with a flexible design and vintage tone. An excellent companion product to the C670 compressor. The E670, like the C670 compressor, is ideal for master buss tracks and instrument groups. Gentle equalization curves impart just the right amount of tone tweak. Vintage output staging colors tracks nicely, without muddying up your mix. Real-time control smoothing gives it an analog gear feel. And it sounds awesome.
- The Moo Q Rack Extension plug-in is a software emulation of modern tube-based equalizers. The Moo Q goes with audio tracks like milk goes with cookies. Get some Moo in your music with the Moo Q equalizer. Fatten up your tracks with the Moo Q Rack Extension equalizer plug-in. The Moo Q smooth equalization curves will bring out the sonic subtleties you’re looking for in a moo-sical three-band configuration. Bring on the bass. Milk the mid-range. Shine up that top end. And there’s no cow tipping here – you can’t make the Moo Q sound bad, because it’s that good.
- The FRG-EEE Rack Extension plug-in is a modern four-band equalizer consisting of low and high shelving EQ wrapped around two parametric bands. The FRG-EEE equalizer (aka ‘froggy’) packs a punch at the low and high end using a shelving EQ technique we call frequency resonant gain (FRG). This approach gives the FRG-EEE a little extra near the selected shelving frequency for, well, a little extra. The two parametric bands have a reasonably tight (but musical) Q, and wide frequency ranges.
The Equalizer Collection is available from the Propellerhead Shop for 99 EUR. Individual EQ plugins are 39 EUR each.
More information: McDSP / Equalizer Collection
Tokyo Dawn has announced the release of SlickEQ, a mixing/mastering equalizer designed for ease of use, musical flexibility and impeccable sound, developed in collaboration with Variety Of Sound.
Three (and a half) filter-bands arranged in a classic Low/Mid/High semi parametric layout offer fast and intuitive access to four distinct EQ modes, each representing a set of distinct EQ curves and behaviors. An elaborate auto gain option automatically compensates for changes of perceived loudness during EQ operation. Optionally, SlickEQ allows to exclusively process either the stereo sum or stereo difference (i.e. “stereo width”) without additional sum/difference encoding.
In order to warm up the material with additional harmonic content, SlickEQ offers a switchable EQ non-linearity and an output stage with 3 different saturation models. These options are meant to offer subtle and interesting textures, rather than obvious distortion. The effect is made to add the typical “mojo” often associated with classy audio gear.
An advanced 64bit multirate processing scheme practically eliminates typical problems of digital EQ implementations such as frequency-warping, quantization distortion and aliasing.
- Intuitive, yet flexible semi parametric EQ layout.
- Full featured, modern user interface with outstanding usability and ergonomics.
- Carefully designed 64bit “delta” multi-rate structure.
- Three EQ bands with additional 18dB/Oct high-pass filter.
- Four distinct EQ models: “American”, “British”, “German” and “Soviet” with optional non-linearity.
- Four output stages: “Linear”, “Silky”, “Mellow” and “Deep”.
- Advanced saturation algorithms by VoS (“stateful saturation”).
- Highly effective and musically pleasing loudness compensated auto gain control.
- Oversampled signal path including stateful saturation algorithms.
- Stereo and sum/difference processing options.
- Tool-bar with undo/redo, A/B, advanced preset management and more.
SlickEQ is available as a free effect plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU). VST3 and AAX formats will follow later.
More information: Tokyo Dawn / SlickEQ
PSP Audioware has released version 2.0.4 of PSP Neon HR, a linear phase equalizer plug-in for Windows and Mac.
PSP Neon offers eight bands of equalization, each of which can be assigned one of seven filter types.
PSP Neon uses frequency-domain fast convolution based linear phase algorithms for the best balance between CPU efficiency and phase accuracy. For those who want to use the excellent analog-modeled PSP Neon filters in even more CPU critical applications, you can even toggle off the linear phase mode and take advantage of PSP Neon’s minimum phase error Infinite Impulse Response (IIR) mode!
PSP Neon also features one of our most user friendly interfaces ever, offering unparalleled easy of workflow. Once you experience for yourself the pristine, transparent response and intuitive design of this plug-in, we believe it will become your “go to” linear phase equalizer for mastering and other critical audio applications.
Changes in PSP Neon HR v2.0.4
- Pro Tools AAX 64-bit for Windows & Mac OS X.
- Minor bugs fixed.
PSP Neon HR for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available to purchase for just $99 USD until March 30th, 2014 (regular $149 USD).
More information: PSP Audioware / PSP Neon HR
Acustica Audio has released Trinity eQ, a virtual equalizer effect for Windows.
Trinity eQ is a detailed emulation of a coveted and highly sought out British console equalizer that has been used in countless records throughout the world. To faithfully reproduce the elusive analog sound in your DAW, we recommend using Trinity eQ in all tracks where you need to shape or even just color the sound.
On single track: Insert Trinity eQ on the audio tracks in any position of the effects chain (to taste). Trinity eQ sounds great on any instrument and voices.
On master track: Trinity eQ is inserted on the mixbus, or group bus, as last insert giving at the whole mix the classic British console sound.
Trinity eQ features
- High Pass Filter: The HPF switch inserts a 70Hz High Pass Filter with a rolloff of 18dB per octave into circuit after the input. This may be used to eliminate unwanted low-frequency noises such as rumble, pops, camera buzz.
- Low Shelf: The LF switch inserts a Low Frequency Shelf Filter fixed at 80Hz with ±15dB of adjustable gain. This frequency represents the punch in bass drums, bass guitar, fat synths and some really serious male singers. Used in conjunction with the HPF, you can boost the LF without injecting tons of infrasonic debris into the mix.
- Mid Bell: The LMF and HMF switches inserts the Low Mid Frequency and High Mid Frequency Bell Filter respectively, they provide ±15dB of adjustable gain at the frequency determined by their frequency knobs. LMF extends down to 100Hz which includes the male vocal range and the fundamentals of some lower instruments. HMF extends up to 8000Hz which includes the female vocals range as well as the fundamentals and harmonics for many instruments.
- High Shelf: The HF switch inserts an High Frequency Shelf Filter fixed at 12kHz with ±15dB of adjustable gain. Use this to add sizzle to cymbals, and an overall sense of transparency or edge to the keyboard, vocals, guitars… Turn it down a little to recude sibilance, or to hide tape hiss.
Trinity eQ for Windows (VST) is available to purchase for the introductory price of 79 EUR (regular 89 EUR). A Mac VST version is currently in beta development.
More information: Acustica Audio / Trinity eQ
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Plugin Boutique
Posted in news
on Mar 20, 2014 - 0 comments
Plugin Boutique is running a partner special on Waves Audio, offering the Gold Bundle at a 67% discount for a limited time.
The industry’s most popular plugin bundle, Gold brings a wealth of mixing and mastering power to your studio, including many of our most sought-after plugins like the legendary L1 Ultramaximizer, C4 Multiband Compressor, H-Comp, and H-Delay. With compression, EQ, reverb, and more, Waves Gold contains all the essentials you need to take your mixes to the next level.
Gold Bundle features
- Over 30 essential audio plugins for mixing and mastering.
- Great introduction to the world of Waves.
- Includes compressors, equalizers, reverbs, effects and more.
The Gold Bundle is available from Plugin Boutique for £199 GBP until April 1st, 2014 (regular £580 GBP).
More information: Plugin Boutique / Waves
RAZ Audio has announced the release of N6, a free equalizer effect plug-in for Windows.
The N6 offers a natural work flow – just pick an EQ band and move it around to get the desired effect. If you prefer to use knobs, they are there for you with “control+click” for returning to default and “shift+click” for fine tuning.
The users interface keeps all the data you need (FFT anyone?) without creating “graphical noise” or clogging the control screen.
N6 EQ features
- High precision EQ tool.
- +/- 18 [Db] gain per band.
- Various band shapes: low Pass, high pass, peak (& notch), low shelf and high shelf.
- Precision FFT reading with: Off, Pre-EQ & Post-EQ mode.
- Zero latency.
- Easy, natural GUI.
- Supports any sample rate (auto detection from host).
- Clipping LED’s and Input/Outpiut controls for avoiding signal clipping.
The plug-in is available to download for Windows (VST).
More information: RAZ Audio / N6 EQ