ESI has released the Rekord-M, a compact handheld audio recorder with professional studio quality.
The stylish ESI Rekord-M provides studio quality recordings for budget-conscious musicians seeking a portable unit to record their ideas, gigs and sessions.
Despite its incredibly compact size (3.4 x 8.5 x 1.4cm), Rekord-M features a built-in stereo microphone, integrated speaker, mono microphone input for dynamic microphones, stereo line level input with adjustable input level and even a colour LCD display.
The integrated battery, convenient charging via USB and 4Gb of memory means Rekord-M provides everything you need to quickly and conveniently record anything.
ESI Rekord-M features
- Audio recorder for PCM/WAV and mp3 data.
- USB 2.0 connection to computer.
- Color LCD display.
- 4 GB of internal memory.
- Integrated stereo microphone.
- Integrated speaker.
- External 1/8″ input for dynamic microphone (mono), adapter for 1/4″ included.
- External 1/8″ stereo line input, adapter for 2x 1/4″ mono to 1x 1/8″ stereo included.
- 1/8″ headphone and line output.
- Folder & file manager (5 folders with up to 999 files each).
- WAV/PCM recording (uncompressed data).
- Mp3 recording (16, 32, 64, 128 kbps).
- Recording bitrate: 16 bit / recording samplerate: 44.1kHz.
- Uncompressed WAV and mp3 file playback (up to 320kpbs).
- Recording time: up to 6.15h (WAV/PCM), up to 426h (mp3/LP).
- Battery lifetime: about 12h when recording, about 5h when playing via speaker.
- Compatible to Windows XP, Vista, 7 & Mac OS X.
- Hand strap included.
- USB cable included.
- Dimensions: 34mm x 87mm x 14mm.
- Weight: ca. 38g.
The Rekord-M is now shipping from Time+Space for £129 GBP / 159 EUR.
More information: ESI / Rekord-M
ESI has presented the KeyControl 25/49 XT, two new models in its series of controller keyboards.
KeyControl 25 XT and KeyControl 49 XT have an exceptionally stylish aluminum cabinet and white solid glossy plastic side panels. They provide four fully programmable endless encoders, function buttons as well as a pitch bend and modulation slider.
The keyboards work without the installation of any drivers under Windows XP, Window Vista and Windows 7 as well as Mac OS X. KeyControl 25 XT and KeyControl 49 XT are bundled with Cubase LE 5 from Steinberg, the amazingly powerful multitrack audio & MIDI software for Mac and PC.
“I personally would say that our new KeyControl XT series are magically and revolutionary products at an unbelievable price.” says Claus Riethmüller, Managing Director of ESI Audiotechnik GmbH.
Visit ESI Audiotechnik GmbH at Musikmesse 2010, booth C77, hall 5.1
More information: ESI
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping the ESI ESP1010e, a 8-in/8-out PCIe based multi channel recording interface.
ESP1010e is perfect for multi channel recording applications in your home studio and for home entertainment. The upgraded version of the famous ESP1010 is now a PCIe (PCI Express) solution, integrating the latest interface standard for extremely fast and reliable data transfer.
ESI ESP1010e (front + back panel and PCIe card)
ESI ESP1010e features
- PCIe card with external 19″ interface.
- up to 8 analog inputs, 2 with microphone preamps, 2 Hi-Z equipped inputs, 24bit/96kHz/107dB(a).
- switchable +48V phantom power support, with external power supply (recommended, not included, optional).
- up to 8 analog outputs, 24bit/96kHz/112dB(a).
- coaxial S/PDIF in and outputs.
- PCIe card, compatible with low-profile systems.
- 2 headphone outputs.
- 2 MIDI inputs, 2 MIDI outputs.
- ~ 2m connection cable between 19″ box and PCIe card.
- support for DirectWIRE 3.0.
- EWDM driver: MME, DirectSound, ASIO 2.0 support.
- Windows Vista/XP/2000/2003 compatible.
The ESI ESP1010e is bundled with Cubase LE 4 from Steinberg and and Toontrack EZdrummer Lite software. It is available now from Time+Space for an RRP of £299 GBP.
Visit Time+Space and ESI for more information.
Time+Space has announced it will have some exclusive UK previews from several top brands at next week’s London International Music Show (LIMS), UK’s biggest music exhibition.
Time+Space @ LIMS 2009
- The Metal Foundry – Toontrack
Drum sampling specialists Toontrack will be joined by heavy metal drummer Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Scarve, Aborted) to demonstrate the sheer hot molten power of their new Superior Drummer 2.0 expansion pack.
The Metal Foundry SDX™ is an all-new recording with Meshuggah drummer Tomas Haake, featuring seven massive drum kits, spanning 300,000 sound files of raw, single hit drum recordings covering Hard Rock to Metal, from the early Blues tinged sound of the late 60s to the fragmentation of today’s music, from Power through Thrash, Death and Progressive Metal.
This will be the first ever UK demonstration of The Metal Foundry since its announcement last week and the tremendous performances from Verbeuren are sure to be a crowd-puller.
- ESP1010e – ESI
ESI, one of the world’s leading suppliers of audio hardware, will be giving the brand new ESP1010e recording interface its first UK showing at LIMS – just as it starts shipping within the UK. The upgraded version of the famous ESP1010 is now a PCIe (PCI Express) solution, integrating the latest interface standard for extremely fast and reliable data transfer.
The hardware is equipped with 24-bit converters on up to 8 analog inputs and up to 8 analog outputs. Two input connectors are equipped with microphone preamps with balanced XLR connectors and switchable phantom power supply that can be used with high quality dynamic and condenser microphones. In addition, two Hi-Z inputs are provided to directly connect and use guitar input signals. ESP1010e also provides a 24-bit 96kHz coaxial digital input and output, a 32 channel MIDI I/O interface with 2 inputs and 2 outputs and full EWDM driver with DirectWIRE functionality.
Throughout the four-day show (11-14 June), Time+Space will also be hosting a daily prize draw to win prizes from Toontrack, Sontronics, ESI and Rob Papen.
Visit Time+Space and LIMS for more information.
Time+Space has introduced the ESI Midimate II, a convenient USB 2.0 MIDI interface cable with up to 32 input or 32 output channels for PC and Macintosh systems.
With MIDIMATE II you can obtain perfect MIDI timing and performance at an extremely affordable price. The interface cable is compatible with Windows XP and Windows Vista as well as Mac OS X and instantly works after you plug it in – no driver installation is required.
There’s more! MIDIMATE II even automatically detects the incoming and outgoing MIDI signals, which means that both connectors work as input or output. You can use as 1 simultaneous input and 1 simultaneous output (with 16 channels each), 2 input (32 channels) or 2 output (32 channel) device.
ESI Midimate II features
- USB MIDI interface with 2 MIDI connectors, each can work as independent input or output.
- High-speed connection to USB 2.0 or 1.1 equipped PC or Macintosh system.
- Bus powered, requires no external power supply.
- No driver needed for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X.
The ESI Midimate II is available for purchase for $34 USD / 27 EUR / £24 GBP.
More information: Time+Space
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping the ESI SW10K eXperience, a powered studio monitoring subwoofer.
Smaller and lighter than its predecessor, the SW10K eXperience pairs perfectly with ESI’s range of studio monitors…
For many, a subwoofer is an essential ingredient for their monitoring system. Although many studio monitors such as the nEar04, nEar05 eXperience or nEar08 eXperience already provide a good bass frequency response, adding a SW10K eXperience will help you to provide a better picture of the low frequencies in your mix.
Whether you are producing classical 2.1 sound or 5.1 / 7.1 surround sound productions, SW10K eXperience will quickly become an important part of your monitoring setup. It´s compact size (even smaller than its predecessor), yet powerful output will easily convince you.
ESI SW10K eXperience specifications
- 10″ bass reflex powered subwoofer.
- Amplifier power: 100W@100Hz, 4 Ohm, 0.1% THD.
- Subwoofer crossover frequency: 50Hz – 250Hz (adjustable).
- Separate satellite output crossover frequency: 50Hz – 250Hz (adjustable).
- Phase control.
- Inputs: balanced XLR, unbalanced 1/4″ TRS.
- Outputs: balanced XLR.
- Input impedance: 20kOhm balanced, 10kOhm unbalanced.
- Foot switch input as mute control.
- Dimensions: 363mm(H) x 375mm(W) x 340mm(D).
- Weight 15 kg.
The SW10K eXperience is available from Time+Space for £259 GBP.
Visit ESI for more information.
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping the ESI UGM96, a 2-in/2-out portable USB audio interface.
Even smaller than the new U24 XL, the UGM96 offers an extremely portable guitar and microphone to USB interface. This unit allows you to connect two guitars (via the Hi-Z instrument inputs) or one guitar and one microphone simultaneously to your PC or Mac.
ESI UGM96 features
- 2 x analog input and 2 analog output channels.
- 2 independent mono Hi-Z inputs.
- One Hi-Z input switchable to microphone input with preamp.
- 2 headphone outputs.
- One headphone output can work as line output.
- Fully USB bus powered.
- Drivers for Windows Vista/XP with ASIO support with low latency.
- Core Audio support under Mac OS X 10.4 and higher.
- Dimensions: around 7 cm x 6 cm.
The ESI UGM96 is available now for $116 USD / 77 EUR / 58 GBP.
Visit ESI for more information.