Euphonix has announced the MC Control v2, the latest addition to its award-winning line of Artist Series media controllers.
MC Control v2 features the same ergonomic layout and slim line design as the award-winning MC Control, but offers enhanced graphics thanks to a new LED-backlit touch-screen and even better tactile control of parameters via eight new custom rotary encoders.
MC Control v2 is the new flagship of the Artist Series and provides a host of controls to speed up and enhance the workflow process with almost any audio or video application.
Check the press release page for more information.
MC Control v2 is expected to be available at authorized Euphonix retailers in late April 2010 at an estimated street price of $1499.99 USD.
More information: Euphonix / MC Control
Avid has announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Euphonix, a leader in large-format digital audio consoles, media controllers and peripherals.
With the acquisition, Avid will deliver a broad range of audio and video control surfaces and consoles designed to meet the needs of customers ranging from the independent professional to the high-end broadcaster. Avid plans to continue to support and sell both Euphonix control surfaces and Avid’s existing ICON solution, enabling customers to leverage existing investments in industry-leading hardware.
“This acquisition greatly expands our portfolio to offer customers a complementary set of workflow solutions–from independent producers creating music in their home studios to broadcasters preparing segments for national broadcast,” said Gary Greenfield, chairman and CEO, Avid. “We remain committed to driving interoperability and modularity across a vast ecosystem of Avid and third-party creative hardware and software solutions. And, as audio and video workflows continue to converge, we are now well positioned to deliver control surfaces that work across both audio and video applications, making the content creation process more cost-effective and efficient for our customers.”
Avid plans to further develop an open standard protocol that greatly expands the ecosystem of compatibility between the Euphonix control surfaces and a wide range of Avid and third-party audio and video applications, including Media Composer and Pro Tools. For existing Euphonix customers, Avid will continue to support EuCon– the Euphonix high-speed Ethernet protocol that enables its control surfaces to interface with third-party software.
The transaction is expected to close at the end of April.
More information: Avid / Euphonix
Euphonix has announced the MC Transport, a compact media controller that offers professional, hands-on control and navigation of all your favorite audio and video applications.
MC Transport’s ultra-high resolution jog wheel and shuttle ring, ergonomic transport controls and programmable Soft Keys deliver one-handed access to almost every facet of your project for an unmatched editing experience.
MC Transport features
- Weighted, optically encoded jog wheel and shuttle ring.
- 7 ergonomic transport/navigation keys with multi-color status LEDs.
- 6 programmable Soft Keys.
- 16 numeric keys for time code/marker navigation.
- Link up to one MC Transport, four MC Mix units and/or an MC Control.
- Control multiple applications & workstations via Ethernet.
- 250X faster and 8X the resolution of MIDI.
- Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols.
The MC Transport will be available in June 2009.
Visit Euphonix for more information.
Steinberg has released version 4.1.2 of Cubase, Cubase Studio, Nuendo and Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK).
Changes in v4.1.2
- Apple Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard operating system support (official).
- Full support for Euphonix Artist Series control surfaces.
- Minor enhancements.
The 4.1.2 update is free for all registered Nuendo 4 and Cubase 4 users and can be downloaded now in the support section of the Steinberg website.
Visit Steinberg for more information.
Cakewalk has released version 7.0.2 of their DAW software SONAR (Producer Edition & Studio Edition).
New features in SONAR v7.0.2
- Step Sequencer
- Save and load SONAR Step Sequencer pattern files.
- New mouse gestures to edit velocities in the steps pane.
- Change/set default velocity of new steps.
- Step record from MIDI devices.
- Option to audition notes when clicking on steps.
- Preserve patterns when changing step sizes.
- Main Application
- Auto-fade playback when starting/stopping the transport.
- Option to automatically enable input monitoring when recording.
- Euphonix EuCon
- Cakewalk has released a Control Surface plug-in supporting the Euphonix EuCon protocol, compatible which now makes SONAR compatible with all Euphonix Control Surfaces.
- Many issues resolved.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.