Euphonix has announced the MC Transport, a compact media controller that offers professional, hands-on control and navigation of all your favorite audio and video applications.
MC Transport’s ultra-high resolution jog wheel and shuttle ring, ergonomic transport controls and programmable Soft Keys deliver one-handed access to almost every facet of your project for an unmatched editing experience.
MC Transport features
- Weighted, optically encoded jog wheel and shuttle ring.
- 7 ergonomic transport/navigation keys with multi-color status LEDs.
- 6 programmable Soft Keys.
- 16 numeric keys for time code/marker navigation.
- Link up to one MC Transport, four MC Mix units and/or an MC Control.
- Control multiple applications & workstations via Ethernet.
- 250X faster and 8X the resolution of MIDI.
- Supports HUI and Mackie Control protocols.
The MC Transport will be available in June 2009.
Visit Euphonix for more information.
Steinberg has released version 4.1.2 of Cubase, Cubase Studio, Nuendo and Nuendo Expansion Kit (NEK).
Changes in v4.1.2
- Apple Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard operating system support (official).
- Full support for Euphonix Artist Series control surfaces.
- Minor enhancements.
The 4.1.2 update is free for all registered Nuendo 4 and Cubase 4 users and can be downloaded now in the support section of the Steinberg website.
Visit Steinberg for more information.
Cakewalk has released version 7.0.2 of their DAW software SONAR (Producer Edition & Studio Edition).
New features in SONAR v7.0.2
- Step Sequencer
- Save and load SONAR Step Sequencer pattern files.
- New mouse gestures to edit velocities in the steps pane.
- Change/set default velocity of new steps.
- Step record from MIDI devices.
- Option to audition notes when clicking on steps.
- Preserve patterns when changing step sizes.
- Main Application
- Auto-fade playback when starting/stopping the transport.
- Option to automatically enable input monitoring when recording.
- Euphonix EuCon
- Cakewalk has released a Control Surface plug-in supporting the Euphonix EuCon protocol, compatible which now makes SONAR compatible with all Euphonix Control Surfaces.
- Many issues resolved.
Visit Cakewalk for more information.