Audio Damage has released Freqshift, a full-featured frequency shifter Eurorack module.
Freqshift is a digital recreation of the analog frequency shifter modules of decades long gone.
Unlike the more common pitch shifter, which raises or lower the pitch of a sound by some ratio (such as an octave or a fifth), frequency shifters add a specific frequency ( 321Hz, for example) to the signal and all of its harmonics. This alters the timbre of the sound in a manner unlike other familiar effects processors.
Freqshift replaces complex analog circuitry with calibration-free digital processing, delivering a frequency shifter in a compact, flexible, but economically priced Eurorack module.
Freqshift is available to purchase from Audio Damage’s exclusive retail partners, priced at $189 USD.
More information: Audio Damage / Freqshift
Audio Damage has announced the release of DubJr, Grainshift and Errorbox, three Eurorack modules.
After two years of R&D (a sentence fragment that in no way conveys the experience we’ve just been through), and coincidentally during the week of Audio Damage’s tenth anniversary, we have succeeded in releasing a hardware platform for our DSP effects, and are ludicrously proud to unveil the first three Audio Damage hardware products: DubJr, Grainshift, and Errorbox.
Audio Damage Eurorack modules
- ADM01 DubJr is the delay from Dubstation, in a pint-sized Eurorack modular format, for your knob-twisting pleasure.
- ADM02 Grainshift is a real-time granular pitch-shifter and chaos effect for the Eurorack modular format. From simple smooth micro-tuned pitch shifting and chorus effects on up to full metal granular chaos, Grainshift is a versatile module, easy to use and fun to have.
- ADM03 Errorbox is just like any other tool-kit utility module, except that in this tool-kit, all the tools are chainsaws and rabid badgers. Includes a sample rate reducer, bit rate reducer, and ERR algorithm (as found in the Kombinat Dva plug-in).
The modules are available to purchase via Audio Damage’s retail partners for $179 USD each (currently exclusively at Analogue Haven).
More information: Audio Damage / Eurorack modules
Abstract Data has announced the release of the ADE-30 Wave Boss and the ADE-31 Logic Boss, two new Eurorack modules.
The ADE30 combines the most practical and commonly used waveform and CV utility functions in a compact, fully featured module with 4 independent, DC coupled stages and 7 unique functions in total.
The ADE31 is a multistage, switchable logic and pattern generation module combining utility and performance oriented features. Up to 4 inputs and 12 simultaneous outputs in a unique cascading architecture with CV switching and linking between the 2 stages.
- ADE-30 Wave Boss:
- 4 stage waveform & CV utility module.
- Independent stages, 8 functions in total.
- DC-coupled ins & outs for each stage.
- Works with Audio, LFOs, CV, Logic & EGs.
- External CV control & on-board attenuation.
- Indicator LEDs for positive & negative cycles.
- ADE-31 Logic Boss:
- 2 stage, switched, cascading, logic module.
- Up to 4 inputs & 12 outputs – simultaneously.
- Unlinking gives 2 independent 6 part stages.
- Link stages by CV & on-board switching.
- RTL works on all input types – not just logic.
- LED indicators for all inputs & outputs.
- Power supply reverse-voltage protection.
- Low-profile build mounts in any depth rack.
Both modules are now on sale for £145 GBP each (inc. free shipping).
More information: Abstract Data
Particular Audio has launched Rough Crustings, a new Euro Munchies series sample library featuring 100+ Eurorack sequence loops.
In the third installment of the Euro Munchies series we serve you truly appetizing morsels of analogue dirt and filth. As unique and wonderfully weird as the previous packs, these Eurorack sequences will transform your tracks into oozing analogue night glows – for anything four to the floor, downtempo, urban or cinematic.
Just as the previous packs, these loops were created through feeding clock signals from a DAW into a setup of Eurorack sequencers, oscillators, filters and effects – and then processing the resulting sequences in the digital domain – retaining all the magic and weirdness coming from the analog circuits in sync and under control for maximum musical ability.
The sample pack costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Particular / Rough Crustings
Particular has released Tasty Transients, a new Euro Munchies series sample pack featuring 115 Eurorack sequence loops.
In this second installment in the series it’s all about transient and attack rich analogue Eurorack loops. The weirder the better is the decree so slap these onto something in need of something really out of the ordinary – be it four to the floor, downtempo, urban or cinematic.
Design spec here is the exploration of rhythmic and timing possibilities in analogue traditional and Cartesian sequencers and rotating clock dividers in a Eurorack modular system. We did this by feeding clock signals from a DAW and process the resulting sequences in the digital domain – all to retain the magic and weirdness coming from the analogue circuits in sync and under control. Instead of focusing on any specific genre or style of sound the goal here has been to squeeze out the most outlandish sequences possible using high quality analogue oscillators combined with digital wavetable ones, frequency modulation, low pass gates, filters, distortion and frequency shifter among others.
The modular system consists of selected modules from about 20 different brands: Makenoise, 4ms, Cwejman, Doepfer, TipTop audio, Plan B, Intellijel and a Roland system 100 Model 101. Digital realtime processing made mainly through Soundtoys and Fabfilter suites.
The sample library costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Particular Audio / Tasty Transients