, instrument plugins
, Magnus Lidström
, patches and sound banks
, Sonic Charge
, Tore Jarlo
Posted in news
on Aug 25, 2009
Sonic Charge has released version 1.0.1 of Synplant, an innovative software synthesizer with a genetic approach to sound creation.
Instead of creating patches the conventional way by turning dials and knobs, Synplant lets you explore a world of organic sounds by planting seeds that grow into synth patches.
Changes in Synplant v1.0.1
- Implemented support for the “all notes off midi message”. Some hosts (most importantly Cakewalk Sonar) require this to stop notes from playing. In other words, the hanging note problems in Sonar should have been fixed now.
- Improved compatibility with older VST 2.3 hosts, including FXpansion’s RTAS wrapper (VST 2.4 is still the official requirement, this version of Synplant is expected to work well with the RTAS wrapper.
- Fixed a rare but serious problem with the GUI freezing up on Mac (never to defrost again, never to come back to life). Turned out to be a bug in Synplant in combination with some unexpected behavior from OS X.
- Some minor updates to the internal code libraries that will improve stability in general.
Sonic Charge has also released Crop of Year One, the first new patch package since the release of Synplant last year.
This package separates the wheat from the chaff among a year’s worth of patch cultivation. 163 patches created by Az’re-ul, elv, Elxicano, eXode, Hint, Magnus Lidström, rsmus7 and Tore Jarlo.
Crop of Year One is available as a free download for all registered Synplant owners.
More information: Sonic Charge
Propellerhead Software has released Massive Synthesis 0.99b, a free ReFill by eXode.
MSX – The Massive Synthesis ReFill comes with 2400 patches for Reason! With 650 Combinator Instrument Patches and 50 Combinator Effect Patches. 1000 Thor Patches, 250 Malström Patches & 380 Subtractor Patches. Patches for the RV7000 and Scream4 units.
This ReFill contains almost every previously released ReFill by eXode but also previously unreleased patches from eXode’s private library.
MSX – The Massive Synthesis ReFill features
- 650 Combinator Instrument Patches.
- 50 Combinator Effect Devices.
- 250 Malström Patches.
- 380 Subtractor Patches.
- 1000 Thor Patches (!).
- 70 patches (total) for the RV7000 and Scream4.
- Included packages are: Analogital, Control Synthesis (previously unreleased), Electric Bass (previously unreleased), Mjolnir, Moog ReFill (previously commercial), Moog Tribute ReFill, Sonic Waves (previously Wave Soundscapes Vol.1 and Vol.2), Thor Padding (previously unreleased), Trance ReFill (previously commercial), Voltage Controlled Vol.1, 2 and 3.
The Massive Synthesis is a free download for registered Reason users.
Visit Propellerhead Software for more information.
PowerFX has released eXode Trance, Scandinavian Roots and Hip Drums, three ReFills for Reason.
The eXode Trance Refill is the latest offering from Reason guru “eXode”, who has previously created an expansion Piano refill for Propellerheads, a soundset in Reason 4 and the popular Mjolnir Refill. The Trance Refill contains over 350 Thor, Combinator, sequence and effects patches with a hard slant towards electronic dance music. The download is for REASON 4 only and is available for &eruo;45 EUR.
The Hip Drums Refill was created from recordings of the Yamaha Hip Gig drumset. These drums have a tight, focused sound which is ideally suited for musical styles Pop, Funk and Rock. The refill includes 252 Rex files and 2 multisampled NN-XT key mapped kit patches in General Midi format. This ombination makes the Hip Drums Refill a complete drum production tool and the download is available for €25 EUR.
Scandinavian Roots opens up a whole new world of sounds and historical instruments from the enchanted lands of the North. With 19 multi-sampled instruments like the Hurdy Gurdy, Kantele, Swedish Bagpipes, Pump Organ and the Offerdahl Pipe and over 980 REX file loops, this is a creative paradise of those looking for acoustic and organic sound sources. Additionally, the refill contains 26 NN-XT patches and 28 Combinator patches and is available for €53 EUR.
Visit PowerFX for more information and audio demos.