Sound Magic has announced Neo MasterTool, an effect plug-in for mastering.
Neo MasterTool is a multi-bands, multi process mastering system, which provides different effect processing for mastering within one plugin.
By obtaining Neo MasterTool, you can get all weapons needed for mastering in one plugin.
Neo MasterTool features
- Flexible 5 band fully parametric EQ.
- Multi-Bands Compressor/Expander.
- Bass and High Dynamic Enhancer.
- Bass and High Psychoacoustic Harmonic Enhancer.
- Custom designed quad mode, multi-band Spatial Enhancer.
- Brickwall limiter.
- Different processing mode includes Stereo Mode and M/S Mode.
- Comprehensive metering system.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) for 119 EUR / $149 USD / £109 GBP.
More information: Sound Magic / Neo MasterTool
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013
Universal Audio has announced the release of API Vision Channel Strip, an effect plug-in for the UAD platform and Apollo.
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
API Vision Channel Strip features
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
API Vision Channel Strip is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / API Vision Channel Strip
MOTU has announced that its new 8Pre USB 16 x 12 USB audio interface with 8 mic inputs is now shipping.
Turn your computer into a powerful digital audio workstation with eight mic inputs. Or add eight high-quality mic/instrument inputs to your current system.
The 8pre audio interface delivers everything you need to turn your computer into a powerful 24-bit, 96kHz digital audio workstation. The 8pre provides eight microphone/instrument preamps with pristine 96kHz analog recording and playback, combined with 8 channels of ADAT optical digital I/O. Expand your system by connecting additional 8pres or other MOTU audio interfaces.
8Pre USB features
- Hi-speed USB 2.0 audio interface for Mac and Windows — provides 16 inputs with 8 mic preamps and 12 outputs including separate phone and main outs for all the basic I/O you need for a powerful desktop studio.
- Eight XLR/TRS “combo jack” mic inputs — connect up to eight mics, or mix and match mics with guitars, synths, drum machines and other analog input signals.
- Flexible analog inputs — each provides a crystal-clear preamp (for both the XLR and TRS input), 24-bit 96 kHz converters, individually switchable 48-volt phantom power, 20 dB pad and front-panel trim controls. Mix and match condenser and dynamic microphones as your needs require.
- Eight channels of ADAT optical I/O — provides two sets of optical connectors to provide eight channels of optical digital I/O even at high samples rates (88.2 or 96 kHz).
- Operates as an optical expander — connect the 8pre to any ADAT optical compatible device (another audio interface, a digital mixer, etc.) to add 8 additional mic inputs seamlessly integrated into the mixing environment of the host device.
- Discrete ins/outs — there’s no channel sharing in the 8pre; the mic inputs, ADAT optical I/O, headphone out and main outs are all handled as separate channels.
- CueMix DSP™ near-zero monitoring system.
- Multiple CueMix DSP mixes — create up to eight different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones. Add send/return loops for outboard gear with no latency.
- Front-panel metering — five-segment meters for all analog inputs, plus status lights for clock and interface/expander mode.
- Sample-accurate MIDI — connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed. MIDI I/O is sample-accurate with supporting software.
- Expandable — add additional MOTU 8pre, UltraLite, 828, 828, 896, or Traveler interfaces for additional I/O. Or connect the 8pre optically to any audio interface or mixer that supports ADAT optical I/O.
- Separate TRS main outs and front-panel headphone jack, each with independent volume control.
- SMPTE time code sync via any analog input.
- SMPTE time code generation to any analog output.
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X (10.6 or higher) and Windows (8/7/Vista), including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software.
- 100% compatible with all host-based effects processing in today’s popular audio programs.
- Includes AudioDesk full-featured sample-accurate workstation software for Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing & sample-accurate sync.
- Plug-and-play operation with your Mac or PC via USB.
- Chassis dimensions, excluding rack ears and front and back panel knobs and connectors: 19 × 7 × 1.75 inches (48.26 × 17.78 × 4.45 cm). Knobs and connectors extend up to 0.5 inch (1.27 cm) from front and back panels, adding 1 inch (2.54 cm) to depth. With rack ears attached, fits standard 19 inch (48.26 cm) rack at 1U high.
The 8Pre USB is now available to purchase for $549 USD.
More information: MOTU / 8Pre USB
Voxengo has released version 1.3 of its Drumformer multiband drum track processing plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Drumformer can operate in broadband, 2-band and 3-band modes, with each band having compressor-expander and saturation modules. The sound of the compressor can be defined as “gluey with a ping”, because it instantly creates a “tight and glued together” sound while masterfully emphasizing the transients. The saturation module offers you a choice between six saturation modes, each having a smooth sound and differing harmonic content.
Changes in Drumformer v1.3
- The EQ curve is now hidden when the equalizer is set to “Off”.
- A crash when loading some routing presets was fixed.
Drumformer (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $89.95 USD.
More information: Voxengo / Drumformer
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
Posted in news
on Mar 07, 2013
Sonnox has announced the release of AAX version of its Oxford Dynamics effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
We’re excited to have released the AAX version of the acclaimed Oxford Dynamics plug-in. Both AAX DSP and AAX Native versions can be used as a surround buss compressor / limiter (previously only available in the TDM version) and the plug-in has improved metering.
Sonnox celebrates the AAX version of Dynamics with a 40% discount.
Oxford Dynamics features
- Fully 64-bit compliant.
- The dynamics section from Sony OXF-R3 console.
- Separate sections for Compressor, Gate, Expander, Limiter.
- 2-Band side chain EQ (with audition function).
- Warmth control for extra presence and tube-like warmth.
- Three different compressor types (linear and exponential curves).
- Variable soft knee compressor.
- Separate 5.1 bus compressor (where supported).
- Ultra low noise and distortion.
The Oxford Dynamics plug-in is available at a 40% discount until March 31st, 2013.
More information: Sonnox / Oxford Dynamics