Expert Sleepers has introduced FH-1, a new Eurorack module.
The FH-1 ‘faderHost’ is a USB MIDI Host in an 8HP Eurorack module, allowing you to directly connect a USB MIDI controller to your modular synthesizer.
Using a suitable connector box “USB MIDI controller” here includes an iPad or plain old computer.
As well as simple direct control of the output CVs from MIDI CCs, the FH-1 also offers
- LFOs on each output
- Step sequencers
- Polyphonic MIDI/CV conversion
- and much more
FH-1 will be unveiled at the NAMM show, January 2015, and is expected to be available around April 2015.
More information: Expert Sleepers / FH-1
Expert Sleepers has announced USAMO, a hardware device that generates a sample-accurate, jitter-free MIDI output from an audio input.
The audio signal is generated by the USAMO software, a plug-in which runs as a virtual instrument (AU/VST/AAX, Mac & Windows) in your DAW. The DAW sends MIDI to the plug-in; the plug-in translates that to audio and sends it to the USAMO hardware, via an output on your computer’s audio interface. The USAMO then reconstructs the MIDI and outputs it on a standard 5 pin DIN MIDI socket.
The USAMO software also generates MIDI clock, Song Position Pointer etc.
Because the MIDI signals are generated and transported as audio, they are guaranteed to be sample-accurately synced with your audio, and free of the jitter often associated with computer-generated MIDI.
The USAMO will launch at NAMM in January 2015.
More information: Expert Sleepers / USAMO
Spektro Audio has released version 1.2 of CV Toolkit, a standalone application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio interface or Expert Sleeper’s ES-3 module.
We’re extremely excited to announce that the 1.2 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version is out!
This update fixes most of the issues we had with previous versions, brings many new features and set’s the path for the future of CV Toolkit.
Changes in CV Toolkit v1.2
- New Virtual Slot System (VSS), swap modules inside the slots at any time and configure it to best suite your need.
- 4 new modules:
- CV Recorder (Slot #8) – Record the output of any other virtual module and play it back using Vari-Speed (-10x to 10x).
- Comparator (Slot #8) – Performs a bipolar 1-bit quantization to an incoming signal.
- Morphing VCO (Slot #10) – A digital oscillator that can be used as sub oscillator, a modulator for FM / ring-mod patches or as an audio-rate modulation.
- Clock Generator (Slot #11) – Generate clock signals (gate or trigger) at different rates.
- Significant CPU usage optimization.
- CV Quantizer is now more reliable and contains 13 scales: Chromatic, Major, Minor, Harmonic Minor, Melodic Minor, Blues, Dorian, Lydian, Locrian, Major Pentatonic, Minor Pentatonic, Arabic and Augmented.
- MIDI Notes Out – Send the output of the CV Quantizer module as MIDI notes to the selected MIDI output port. (Useful for layering sounds using other analog synths or virtual instruments).
- Added a width control for the Step Sequencer Gate / Clock output (Available in the Options window)
- Added curve adjustment for AD1 and AD2 (Logarithmic → Linear → Exponential)
- Added Pitch Bend support (with adjustable range to up to +/- 12 semitones)
- Improved voice handling
- Improved sync for the S&H module
- The Routing Matrix guidelines now have different colors for virtual modules (green) and analog outputs (blue).
- Lemur template updated to include new virtual modules.
- Minor design changes.
CV Toolkit for Windows and Mac is available for purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / CV Toolkit
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of Disting, its latest Eurorack synthesizer module.
The Disting is a 16-in-1 multifunction module, offering a variety of CV and audio processes, including a selection of oscillators (LFOs/VCOs), in a compact 4HP package.
Unlike all previous Expert Sleepers modules, the disting is in no way reliant on a computer connection – it’s a normal, standalone module.
- Precision Adder with integer voltage offsets.
- Four Quadrant Multiplier with integer multiply/divide.
- Full-wave Rectifier.
- Linear/Exponential Converter.
- Slew Rate Limiter with linear and exponential slew.
- Sample and Hold with noise source and adjustable slew rate.
- Comparator with adjustable hysteresis.
- Pitch and Envelope Tracker.
- Quantizer with selectable scales.
- Dual Waveshaper wavefolder and triangle-to-sine shaper.
- Clockable Delay/Echo.
- LFO with through zero frequency control and wave shaping.
- Clockable LFO with multiply/divide and waveshaping.
- VCO with linear FM sine and saw outputs.
- VCO with waveshaping saw/triangle and pulse outputs.
Disting is available for purchase for MSRP £119 GBP/$170 USD.
More information: Expert Sleepers / Disting
Spektro Audio has released DRG – Dual Rhythm Generator, a Max for Live device capable of generating clocks and rhythms that can be used with analog synthesizers and drum machines via control voltage.
By using a combination of two clock generators and an optional boolean logic operator, DRG can generate anything from simple clock divisions to complex rhythms.
DRG is great for clocking analog sequencers, triggering envelopes, sequencing drum modules and etc.
DRG can be used in different situations. The workflow was thought out to work great both in the studio and in live concerts. Everything on the front panel, from the simple layout to the LEDs colors, was design to give you instant feedback of whats going on. Features such as the MIDI Controlled Presets let’s you add variation to your track and change the settings using either MIDI clips or any MIDI controller.
DRG requires an audio interface with DC-Coupled outputs or an Expert Sleepers ES-3 / ES-4 / ES-40 module.
DRG is available for purchase for $9.99 USD.
More information: Spektro Audio / DRG – Dual Rhythm Generator
More posts that match this tag
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of the ESX-8MD MIDI/DINsync Expander, offering sample accurate and jitter free MIDI and DINsync. The ESX-8MD is an expansion module for the ES-4, ES-40 or ES-5 Eurorack modules, adding … read more
Spektro Audio has announced the release of a version 1.1 update for CV Toolkit – Standalone Version, an application that can be used to control analog synthesizers by sending CV signals through any DC-coupled audio … read more
Expert Sleepers has released version 2.4.0 of its Silent Way suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. Silent Way Step LFO 2.4.0 now … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of three new Eurorack synth modules. The Expert Sleepers range of modules (including the ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface, offering ADAT connectivity instead of the ES-40’s S/PDIF) offers a highly configurable … read more
Outbound link: Expert Sleepers
– Related: audio interface
, Expert Sleepers
Posted in news
on Jan 21, 2014 - 0 comments
Expert Sleepers has announced version 1.1.0 of Little Spacey, which is now available in AAX format for Pro Tools 10 & 11 on Mac OS X. Little Spacey is delay effect, inspired by classic analogue … read more
Expert Sleepers has released version 2.1.0 of Silent Way, the suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced version 2.0.0 of Silent Way, the first major update to its best-selling plug-in suite for controlling analogue hardware. Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced a public beta of version 2 of its Silent Way plug-in suite. Expert Sleepers’ Silent Way gets a new look in the v2 beta. Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced the ES-5, an “ES-3 Expander” Eurorack module. We’re pleased to announce the ES-5, an expansion module for the Expert Sleepers ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface. It piggybacks on one of the ES-3’s stereo … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced the release of the ES-3 mk2, a new version of its popular ES-3 Lightpipe/CV Interface Eurorack module. The ES-3 is a Eurorack format module which converts eight channels of ADAT Lightpipe … read more
Expert Sleepers has updated its Silent Way plug-in suite for modular analogue synthesizer systems. Expert Sleepers Silent Way Sync new in 1.7.0 Changes in Silent Way v1.7.0 A new plug-in, Silent Way Sync, is added … read more
Expert Sleepers has updated Silent Way, the plug-in suite for use with analogue synthesizers. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound – rather, they generate signals to be used as control … read more
Expert Sleepers has updated its Silent Way ES-4 Controller software to version 1.6.12. Expert Sleepers Silent Way ES-4 Controller In this version DINsync and MIDI clock generation has been largely rewritten, offering much improved behaviour. … read more
Expert Sleepers has updated Silent Way, a suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they … read more
Expert Sleepers has announced two new additions to their range of Eurorack format synth modules, the ES-4 S/PDIF / CV Interface and the ES-4 Gate Expander. The ES-4 converts a standard S/PDIF input into five … read more