Precisionsound has announced the release of Greek Lira V2 – Kementze, a virtual instrument library for Kontakt and EXS24.
The Kementze is a Turkish/Greek instrument, a three-string fiddle with a spike-shaped neck. Of Persian origin, the instrument is played with a Kaman, the Persian word for bow.
We bought the instrument on location in Greece, and sampled it with two versions of each chromatic articulation. We also recorded slides and some unusual scrape and scratch effects.
The Greek Lira V2 Kementze makes it easy to access the articulations via keyswitches, and provides legato (Kontakt 3,4 & 5 version only) for more realistic playing and programming.
Greek Lira V2 Kementze features
- 254 stereo 24-bit WAV samples.
- Sustained, Marcato, Staccato, Tremolo, and Plucked chromatic articulations.
- Two versions of each chromatic articulation for layering.
- Slides and FX articulations.
- 1 program for NI Kontakt 3-5 with scripted legato and GUI.
- 2 programs for NI Kontakt 2 with key switches from C1-F#1.
- 2 programs for Logic EXS24 with key switches from C1-F#1.
- The total size of the library uncompressed is 70 MB.
Greek Lira V2 Kementze is available to purchase for $29 USD.
More information: Precisionsound / Greek Lira V2 Kementze
Noisefirm has launched the NF-01, a virtual classic synthesizer instrument.
The NF-01 Classic Synthesizer fully captures all the nuances of its classic ancestor, Yamaha’s CS01, and evokes the rich harmonics and fat sounds of a bygone era. Featuring 6 unique waveforms, with the ability to to be independently mixed and tuned, NF-01 can produce a vast array of synth textures. From warm evolving pads to percussive pluck sounds and aggressive basses, NF-01 can serve up a variety of inspirational synth elements for your next creation.
- Kontakt instrument (full retail version 4.2 or later) with custom scripting and GUI.
- Over 100 built-in patches for Kontakt.
- 1.15 gB of samples and instruments.
- Additional patches for Apple Logic EXS24 sampler and Ableton Live (version 8 or later).
- Fully recreated Yamaha CS-01 vintage synthesizer plus additional features.
- 6 unique waveforms including a noise channel.
- independent waveform volume and tuning.
- switchable 3-mode filter.
- Filter modulation by AMP envelope.
- Filter modulation by LFO.
- Switchable playback behavior (Mono, Poly, Legato).
- Unison option with up to 8 unison voices, detune and spread controls.
- Variable pitch LFO.
- Effects section with Delay, Reverb, and Internal speaker simulation.
- Each waveform sampled over the entire range of the original instrument.
- Over 1400 individual samples (including 1100 “one shots”).
- One shots of each of the built-in patches for quick and easy import into sampler of choice.
NF-01 is available for Kontakt, Ableton Live, and Apple Logic EXS24, priced at $49 USD.
More information: Noisefirm / NF-01
Detunizes has announced that Rolfing Laid Back Piano Vol. 2 is the latest addition to its Universal Format catalog.
It features 6 “prepared piano” sounds from a rotten upright piano without keyboard. A variety of objects like glasses, a ball of felt, printer paper, a curtains bracket or even the engineer´s thumbnail were used to excite the strings and the body of the Rolfing. Each patch in the library is included in 5 different formats (SFZ, NKI, SXT, EXS, FXP)
Rolfing Laid Back Volume 2 Universal features
- Supported formats: SFZ, NKI, SXT, EXS, FXP.
- Instruments: 6.
- Content: 217, 24 Bit/44.1 kHz, 500 MB.
Universal Formats category was initiated in early 2013 and introduces sounds that are accessible by a wide range of software samplers and DAWs. Universal Format releases contain pre-configured patches that load instantly into NI´s Kontakt, Reason´s NN-XT, Logic´s EXS, Steinberg´s Halion and numerous software samplers and sample players that know of the SFZ standard. Beside that range of virtual instrument patches Universal Formats also includes pure WAV-file libraries.
Currently the following sound libraries are available in universal formats:
- DTG009 – Rolfing Laid Back Vol.1 (universal) – prepared pianos
- DTG012 – Forstrasse No. 8 (wav) – found sounds
- DTG013 – Curetronic Modular Vol 1 (wav) – modular synth loops
- DTG027 – Just Water (wav) – flowing, dripping, frozen water
- DTG029 – Infinite (wav) – deep drones & tense textures
- DTG035 – City Traffic (wav) – busses, cars, trains and more
- DTG037 – Chropolis (universal) – Rhodes Chroma Polaris
- DTG039 – Composite Keys (universal) – Acoustic Modeling Adventures
- DTG042 – 4op (universal) – Frequency Modulation Sound Synthesis
- DTG043 – Vox Populi 2 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Analog Synthesizers
- DTG045 – Polite 800 (sfz, nki, sxt, exs, fxp) – Hybrid Synthesizers
- DTG047 – Computer Noises (wav) – Field Recordings
- DTG048 – Piano (universal) – An Upright Piano in a small venue
- DTG049 – HumBuzz (wav)- Electromagnetic field noises
- DTG050 – Glass Harp (universal) – Singing Glasses
More information: Detunized
Precisionsound has announced the release of the Nordic Psalmodikon, a virtual instrument library for Kontakt, EXS24 and SoundFont.
The Nordic Psalmodikon is a single-stringed instrument with a haunting tone, captured in multiple articulations for cinematic and creative music production.
The Nordic Psalmodikon library is useful and unusual in its tone, ideal for cinematic scoring and creative music production if you like to add an “edge” to your sound.
Nordic Psalmodikon features features
- 537 mono 24-bit WAV samples, 195 MB content.
- Sustained, Marcato, Staccato, and Picked articulations.
- Unique “scraped overtone” versions of all bowed articulations.
- 1 program for Kontakt 3-5 with script and GUI.
- 15 programs for Kontakt 2.
- 16 programs for EXS24.
- 7 programs in SoundFont format (16bit).
Nordic Psalmodikon is available to purchase for $29 USD (includes all formats).
More information: Precisionsound / Nordic Psalmodikon
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Jul 04, 2013 - 0 comments
SampleTekk has launched its Summer Sale 2013, offering a 50% discount on its sample libraries for a limited time.
Time again for our annual Summer Sale where you can grab multisampled instruments for you Halion, Kontakt, EXS24, Gigastudio sampler with a 50% discount!
Choose between grand pianos, uprights, organs, flutes, organs, brass, harpsichords, choirs, percussion and other instruments.
The sale ends August 8th, 2013.
More information: SampleTekk
Sonic Mechnics has introduced Trap Power Presets, a sample library for Trap music production.
Sonically crafted to work with all major samplers Trap Power presets distributes the heavy sub end and sparkling highs that are needed in this cutting edge genre.
A violent mix of electro synths and southern 808 flavours Trap is the new variety on the block that can’t be stopped. Smashing apart the mainstream scene there’s a huge demand for the sounds that will make you stand out in this new landscape.
Fit to burst with different flavours Trap power presets includes 808 sub power, fierce stabs and sharp synth selections. The pack comes in a multitude of different formats including Native Instruments Massive, The 60 massive presets feature Macro controls which enable the user to alter the sounds effects with ease and even transform the sound into a new alternate version. With 60 presets and 60 alternate synth settings the Kontakt, Exs24, HALion and SF2 presets consist of a combined 120 presets to substantially swell your sonic arsenal!
The sample library costs £14.95 GBP.
More information: Sonic Mechanics / Trap Power Presets
Posted in news
on Jun 18, 2013 - 0 comments
Skylife has launched a pre-order for the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X.
Forthcoming is the new release of the SampleRobot Sampling Suite for Mac OS X. For the first time all Mac users can benefit from the professional sample converter Awave Studio in combination with SampleRobot and Alchemy Player. Create, convert, play and edit complex multi-samples and instruments with ease.
With the SampleRobot Sampling Suite Mac users can master all kinds of sampling challenges. It is a complete software package that should be part of every studio.
SampleRobot Sampling Suite features
- Turn acoustic and electronic instruments, voices and noises into virtual instruments fast.
- Fully automated sampling.
- Intuitive project assistant.
- Sophisticated auto-loop processing and editing.
- Alchemy Export Bridge.
- Sampling of virtual instruments.
- Play your samples directly after export, edit effects, modulation and envelopes.
- Convert about 290 audio and multi-sample formats.
- Import formats like AKAI S1000, MPC, Kurzweil K2xxx, Roland S, Ensoniq and MIDI Sample Dump.
- Extract samples from sampling CDs.
- Audio batch processing, auto-loop for all, resampling, normalizing, gaining, fading.
- Export samples directly to Steinberg HALion 4, Logic Pro EXS24, NI Kontakt 4, Reason NN-XT, Waldorf Blofeld, Soundfont2 and many others.
- Import and export for Yamaha Tyros 2+3, Motif XS+XF.
- Full MIDI remote control, incl. program and bank changes, multi-velocity layering.
- Release-sample editing.
- Optimum loop handling incl. forward-backward loop with 2 independent crossfades and auto-gain functionality.
- Sample and export whole synthesizer sound bank in one go (Instrument Copier).
- Premium multi-samples from classic synthesizers included.
The SampleRobot 4 Sampling Suite for Mac OS X is available to pre-order for $349 USD (regular $399 USD). The suite is scheduled for delivery in the last week of June, 2013.
More information: SampleRobot