, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Dec 05, 2011
Time+Space has announced the December Drumming Deals, a number of limited time promotions for Toontrack Music products.
Toontrack has become renowned for setting the standard when it comes to drum software, reaping awards and great acclaim from musicians and producers across the globe.
Launching today, we are pleased to offer the following great deals across a range of Toontrack titles for the duration of December!
December Drumming Deals features
- Superior Drummer 2 – With its excellent sounding sample-engine, it’s phenomenal realistic room sounds and its unrivaled extensive feature-list, Superior Drummer 2.0 truly sets the industry standard in contemporary digital Drum production. Was £219.00 / €259 – December price £173.00 / €199.00.
- EZdrummer – A multi-microphone drum sampler designed for musicians and producers in need of a compact, affordable, easy to handle plug-in without compromising sound quality or control. Was £98.95 / €119 – December price £58.95 / €69.95.
- SDX expansion packs – Created for use with Superior Drummer 2, SDX expansion packs give users additional kits in a wide range of genres. The following SDXs are included in this offer: SDX Lost New York Studios, SDX The Metal Foundry, SDX Custom & Vintage, SDX Music City. Was £127.00 / €159 – December price £85.95 / €98.95.
The offers end 31st December, 2011.
More information: Toontrack December Drumming Deals
Toontrack has released Library of the Extreme – Fill Insanity, a new collection of MIDI drum files.
Dirk Verbeuren (Soilwork, Scarve) is back with the third pillar in his much appreciated series of extreme metal MIDI for drums: Library of the Extreme III – Fill Insanity.
Boasting more than one thousand different fills, played with butchering precision and offering an incredible diversity, this collection is likely to be your one-stop for any extreme metal fill. Just a simple drag and drop and you inject some of the mad genius of Dirk into your songs!
Library of the Extreme – Fill Insanity features
- More than one thousand different MIDI files, played by Dirk Verbeuren.
- Straight / Swing variations in a wide range of different tempos.
- Lead-in and stand-alone variations available in all tempos.
- Works with EZdrummer®, Superior Drummer® (optimized for 1 or 2 kicks, 1 snare, 2 toms, 1 floor-tom, 2 crash cymbals, 1 ride cymbal).
Library of the Extreme – Fill Insanity is available to purchase for 25 EUR / $29 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Library of the Extreme – Fill Insanity
Toontrack has announced the release of four new preset libraries for Superior Drummer as part of its Metal Month.
The third pillar in Metal Month 2011 is a complete bonanza of presets for Superior Drummer – of course designed by a well renowned league of producers in today’s metal scene as well as by your number one purveyor of metal itself; Toontrack Music. Let the madness begin!
Superior Drummer Preset Mania
- DFH Presets – Jason Suecof – Being one of the first EZXs for EZdrummer, a modern classic and staple in any self respecting metal head’s arsenal of drums, fiddling with it may to some seem like we are dishonoring a bonafide legend. However, with one of today’s hottest metal producers at the helm combined with the tools and features in Superior Drummer® 2.0, you’ll be amazed at how revitalized and versatile this gem really sounds.
- Metalheads Presets – Toontrack – Not to blow our own horn, but we know a thing or two about how to squeeze the absolute most out of the drums we recorded ourselves! That’s why we are proud to present how we here at Toontrack HQ tweaked one of our favorite EZXs in the world’s best drum sampler, Superior Drummer. Enjoy: Metalheads EZX Presets – Toontrack!
- Metal Machine Presets – Nolly – With a strong Internet presence and as an avid user of Toontrack’s sample libraries, Adam “Nolly” Getgood has tweaked a wealth of jaw-dropping drum sounds is his productions and quickly become one of the brightest stars in the in-the-box production and overall modern metal community. Naturally, his Metal Machine presets are no exception: piercing and ear numbing tweaks showcasing the incredible amount of versatility these drum sounds have to offer!
- Metal Foundry Presets – Michael Keene – As his well known nickname suggests, Michael “Keene Machine” Keene has been pumping out metal records with machine-like accuracy for the past five years. The guitarist, songwriter and mastermind behind the progressive death metal titans The Faceless has been producing and engineering records not only for his own band, but a long string of praised cutting edge American progressive metal bands, such as Born of Osiris and Veil of Maya. That’s why we are extremely proud to present Michael’s take on how to tweak his go-to library, Metal Foundry!
The preset libraries are available to purchase for 12 EUR / $15 USD each.
More information: Toontrack
Toontrack has released the Americana EZX, an expansion for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer.
Toontrack wanted to capture the essence of the Americana genre; the raw, untamed and no frills sound that defined the music that rose out of rebelling the mainstream country and rock establishment in the 1990s. Where better to do this than in its very stronghold, Austin, TX, and through the guidance of seasoned engineer Mark Hallman (Carole King, Dan Fogelberg)?
Recorded in great detail at renowned The Congress House Studio, Toontrack is proud to present one of the most genre defining products in the history of the company: Americana EZX.
Americana EZX features
- Intimate and natural sounding Fibes Maple and 1960s Ludwig kits.
- Featuring specials like the wood hoop “snare off” snare drum, sizzle strip and Cross Crasherz FX cymbals, Zildjian sizzle ride and more.
- Included MIDI.
The Americana EZX is available to purchase for €69 EUR / $89 USD.
Toontrack has also released Americana MIDI, the MIDI for the Americana EZX as a separate product, available to purchase for €25 EUR / $29 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Americana EZX / Americana MIDI
Time+Space has announced a limited time Superior Drummer 2.0 crossgrade discount for EZdrummer users.
Superior Drummer 2.0 gives you the power to tweak and customize your tracks in greater detail with an advanced mixer functionality that includes total bleed control, bussing capabilities and built in FX such as 5 band EQ, highpass and lowpass filter, gate, compressor and transient.
Superior 2.0 also delivers an integrated groove player plus ‘Midi Nodes’ – a feature that allows you to stack instruments on top of each other and customise your mapping – all within an easy-to-use interface.
And it doesn’t stop there. Superior 2.0 users can benefit from the endless possibilities presented by a terrific choice of EZX and SDX expansion packs, not to mention great value downloadable midi packs and the S2.0 Producer Presets series.
Last but not least, cross grading means you end up with two multi-award winning drum samplers in your plug-in collection!
The Superior Drummer 2.0 crossgrade for EZdrummer users is available for £95.40 GBP / 113.40 EUR until 30th September 2011. Available from timespace.com and authorised dealers.
More information: Time+Space
Related: drum machine
, Niklas Flyckt
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on May 03, 2011
Toontrack has announced the release of the Number 1 Hits EZX, a new expansion for EZdrummer and Superior Drummer.
The mission was as simple as it was bold; create a fusion between organic, electronic, high-tech and vintage – a sound library that covers classic sounds but carry them into the new decade, a collection a drums that would sit right away in any contemporary pop, dance, house or hip hop mix.
We ended up with Number 1 Hits, which is not only an EZX expansion for EZdrummer, its a bonafide hit-machine in itself. When sound designer Niklas Flyckt played the finished product for us, even we were amazed at how organic, pumping and throbbing it sounded.
Number 1 Hits EZX features
- Produced and mixed by Grammy® award-winner Niklas Flyckt (Britney Spears: “Toxic”).
- Instant drum production for contemporary pop, dance, house and hip hop music.
- Vintage machines – Modern sound.
- Sounds that offer endless combinations.
- Includes MIDI with matching kit presets.
- Instruments: Linn Drum Machine, Roland TR-909, Roland TR-808, Roland DR-55, Sound Master ST 305, some additional sounds from Niklas private library.
- Gear: SSL 9000J Console, AD Converter: Digital Audio Denmark ADDA 2402, Chandler LTD2, RCA BA25, Culture Vulture Anniversary Model, 1176 Bluestripe, AKG BX15 Spring Reverb, Echoplate 3.
The Number 1 Hits EZX is available to purchase for 69 EUR / $79.99 USD.
More information: Toontrack / Number 1 Hits EZX
Time+Space has announced that it is now shipping the Sontronics DM-1T, DM-1S and DM-1B, three condenser microphones designed specifically for drums.
The DM-1T and DM-1S are small-diaphragm pencil-style condenser mics designed to work on tom (DM-1T) and snare (DM-1S). With a cardioid polar pattern and switchable -15dB pad, the characteristics of each mic have been tailored to pick up those specific nuances from the different drums. Each mic comes with a metal drum mount and mic clip.
Meanwhile, the DM-1B is a large-diaphragm, end-fire condenser mic that can cope with up to 150dB (with the -15dB pad switched in) and comes in an aluminium flightcase. DM-1B is designed specifically for kick drum but also gives impressive results on bass instruments and bass guitar cabinets.
The mics are available to buy individually, allowing producers to build up their set with extra tom or bass mics, as suits their specific needs, and perhaps throwing in a Sontronics STC-1S or a pair of ORPHEUS as the ideal overheads, as their budget allows.
The DM-1T, DM-1S and DM-1B are all covered by SONTRONICS’ Lifetime Warranty and come with a free download of Toontrack’s EZdrummer Lite.
All three microphones are available now from UK distributor Time+Space and authorised dealers, priced at £119.99 each for the DM-1T and DM-1S; the DM-1B is £299.99 GBP.
More information: Time+Space
Time+Space has announced it is now shipping the KeyControl 49XT, a versatile and robust 49-key aluminium case keyboard by ESI.
Following the release of their new 25-note keyboard controller in the Autumn, German audio hardware specialist ESI has released the KeyControl 49XT.
Boasting an aluminium case, plug n play capability with no extra power supply required, the KeyControl 49XT is particularly perfect for use on the road and live on stage.
What’s more, as with most ESI hardware, the 49XT KeyControl 49 XT is shipped together with the full version of Cubase LE 5 from Steinberg AND Toontrack’s EZdrummer Lite software – making this an incredible value bundle!
KeyControl 49XT features
- 49-note full-size, velocity-sensitive keyboard.
- Aluminium case with high glossy white side panels.
- Pitch bend wheel.
- Modulation fader.
- Edit buttons for advanced programming.
- Sustain foot pedal input.
- Octave buttons to extend keyboard range.
- 4 endless encoders, programmable.
- Powered via USB (no power adapter required).
- Works with Windows 7 / Vista / XP & Mac OS X.
Available now from Time+Space and selected retailers for RRP: £111 GBP / 129 EUR.
More information: Time+Space