FabFilter has released version 2.01 of its Pro-Q 2 equalizer effect plug-in, with improvements to the piano display and solo mode along with various bug fixes.
Just released in August 2014, FabFilter Pro-Q 2 is a major update to the Pro-Q equalizer plug-in with new features such as Full Screen mode, Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction and universal filter slope support.
Changes in Pro-Q v2.01 features
- Improved the piano display: you can now drag multiple selected curves in parallel, and double-clicking the piano display creates a new curve at this position.
- Improved solo mode for Bell and Notch filters to better isolate the frequency area of interest. When soloing Low/High-Cut filters, the Q value now always stays the same, making it easier to just fine-tune the frequency.
- Added support for displaying the current EQ curve in Avid’s S6 control surface.
- Fixed a bug in the Auto Gain feature: it would not correctly compensate bands that are in per-channel mode (L/R or M/S). For example, splitting a stereo band would double the auto gain effect. This now works as intended while preserving compatibility with existing saved sessions. When working with an existing session that uses Auto Gain, simply disable and re-enable Auto Gain to get the new behavior.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that could cause the sound to stay the same (not using the new parameter values) after using Undo or loading a preset.
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that caused the saved parameter state to be ignored when opening a saved Audio Montage in WaveLab 8 (this fix is not needed for WaveLab 8.5.10).
- Fixed a bug in the VST3 plugin that caused the latency to be reported as zero when opening a saved Audio Montage in WaveLab 8 and 8.5.
- Fixed a bug in Natural Phase mode that could cause an incorrect frequency response with some rare combinations of frequency and slope settings with Low Cut and Notch filters.
- Fixed a bug when double-clicking a control to enter a new value: clicking outside the input box now accepts the new value while previously it would discard it.
- Fixed a bug in the AU plugin: pressing Cmd+Q to quit the host while Pro-Q 2 was in full screen mode would cause it to crash.
- Fixed a bug when zooming out in the display when Analyzer Freeze is enabled: this would create a large blob on the left side of the display in the analyzer.
- Fixed a bug with Full Screen mode in the 32-bit VST2 plugin in Cubase on Mac OS X when ‘Always on top’ was enabled: the plugin window would float on top of the full screen window. In addition, keystrokes are now correctly passed to Cubase in this case (e.g. playback start/stop).
- Small other bug fixes and improvements.
FabFilter Pro-Q 2 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX/AudioSuite) is available for purchase for 149 EUR/$199 USD/£124 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-Q 2 and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available.
More information: FabFilter / Pro-Q 2
More posts that match this tag
FabFilter has released Pro-Q 2, an updated version of its equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. New features — such as Full Screen mode, unique Natural Phase processing, Auto Gain, Spectrum Grab, Gain-Q interaction, … read more
FabFilter has introduced Pro-Q 2, an update to the Pro-Q equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. In this tutorial, Dan Worrall introduces FabFilter Pro-Q 2, the successor of FabFilter’s popular Pro-Q equalizer plug-in. After … read more
FabFilter has announced its Summer Sale, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles. Until August 1, we are running a Summer Sale in the online FabFilter web shop, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles! … read more
Plugin Boutique has announced a limited time 25% discount on FabFilter Bundles as part of its Partner Focus on FabFilter. Beautiful sound. Fantastic workflow. These are the foundations of FabFilter. We create powerful audio plug-ins … read more
FabFilter has announced a limited time sale in celebration of its 10th anniversary, offering 40% off its plug-ins and bundles. The company is proud to toast this occasion by announcing a generous ten-day sale, with … read more
Sonic Elements has launched Utopia, a soundset by Shaun Wallace for the Twin 2 synthesizer instrument by FabFilter. It features a focus of modern techniques to achieve new tones and textures with Twin2. If you … read more
Newpool Music has announced its Lable Tennis Remix Contest, a chance to remix a track by Hiding Jekyll and win prizes from Ohmforce, Sonic Charge, Fabfilter and XILS-Lab. Hiding Jekyll’s open minded journey through different … read more
FabFilter has announced its Holiday Sale, offering a 25% discount on all plug-in bundles for a limited time. To celebrate the end of the year, we are running a Holiday Sale in the online FabFilter … read more
FabFilter has announced the availability of FabFilter Pro-MB, a brand-new multiband compression/expansion plug-in introducing unique workflow and signal processing advancements. Featuring free placement of bands anywhere in the spectrum and a newly developed Dynamic Phase … read more
FabFilter has announced the launch of its Summer Sale, offering 25% discount on all plug-in bundles. Until August 1, we are running a Summer Sale in the online FabFilter web shop, offering 25% discount on … read more
FabFilter has announced that it has updated all plug-ins to add 64-bit AAX support, enabling all FabFilter users to start working with Pro Tools 11 immediately after its release. The update also includes various bug … read more
WaveMachine Labs has announced version 1.09 of its Auria digital audio recording system for iPad. With the ability to play 48 mono or stereo 24bit/96 kHz tracks simultaneously, record up to 24 of those tracks … read more
FabFilter has released minor updates for all plug-ins, which solve various small issues that have surfaced after the last general update release in November. In addition, FabFilter announces a holiday bundle sale running until January … read more
Outbound link: FabFilter
– Related: AAX
, effect plugins
, instrument plugins
Posted in news
on Dec 14, 2012 - 0 comments
FabFilter has updated all FabFilter plug-ins to add GPU-powered graphics acceleration. In addition, FabFilter Twin 2, Timeless 2 and Volcano 2 now feature the collapsible modulation section that was first introduced in FabFilter Saturn. All … read more
IDMf has announced the Changethenoise competition, a music production contest. It’s time to hear the music that’s all around you in our first ever samples-based production competition. Featuring a bunch of awesome prizes and an … read more
FabFilter has announced the release of its Pro-DS de-esser effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. Featuring ingenious vocal sibilance detection, powerful processing options and insightful metering, truly transparent de-essing becomes effortless with FabFilter Pro-DS. The … read more
FabFilter has announced its Summer Sale, offering a discount on its instrument and effect plug-in bundles for a limited time. Until August 1, we are running a Summer Sale in the online FabFilter web shop, … read more
FabFilter has updated the Saturn multi-band distortion and saturation plug-in for Windows and Mac to version 1.01, introducing flexible per-band solo and mute options along with various minor bug fixes. Distortion and saturation play a … read more
FabFilter has announced the release of Saturn, a multi-band distortion and saturation effect plug-in for Windows and Mac. A great variety of distortion styles from subtle tape simulation to full-on multi-band guitar amp mayhem, combined … read more