FabFilter has announced the release of Pro-G, a gate/expander effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Following the very well-received Pro-L limiter, Pro-Q equalizer and Pro-C compressor plug-ins, FabFilter now introduces FabFilter Pro-G: a top-quality gate/expander plug-in with flexible side chain routing options and a streamlined, well-designed user interface. Equipped with linear-phase oversampling, mid/side processing and precise metering, Pro-G is an indispensable addition to the FabFilter tool kit.
FabFilter Pro-G offers five meticulously fine-tuned algorithms, including classic analog models and upward expansion, as well as specific designs for vocal and guitar processing. In combination with the adjustable threshold, ratio, range settings and attack, release, hold and look-ahead times, Pro-G will process your drum and vocal tracks smoothly and with character. At the same time, Pro-G is also the perfect tool to subtly and precisely restore lost dynamics while mastering.
As you would expect, the well-thought-out interface has been crafted with much attention to detail. FabFilter Pro-G’s prominent real-time level display and accurate meters smartly combine input, output and gain reduction levels, giving you immediate insight in the plug-in’s dynamic behavior. Together with the transfer curve and threshold level feedback, choosing the right settings at the right time couldn’t be easier.
A click on the Expert button will resize the interface to make space for additional external side-chain input and side-chain filtering controls. The expert panel contains wet/dry level and panning controls, and allows the side-chain path and linking to be set up in any way imaginable. The interface conveniently adapts its size to reveal the expert controls only when needed, making it just as easy to use FabFilter Pro-G as a straightforward gate, or as a full-featured creative expander.
- Five perfectly fine-tuned expander/gate algorithms: Classic, Clean, Vocal, Guitar and an upward expansion style.
- Beautifully program-dependent attack and release curves.
- Precise and helpful metering, including a real-time level display.
- Low CPU usage.
- Adjustable range, hold time and knee settings.
- Optional look-ahead time up to 10 ms.
- Expert mode that offers highly customizable side chain and level options, conveniently hidden in normal mode.
- Mono, stereo or mid/side processing.
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling.
- Zero-latency operation mode.
- External side chain option.
- MIDI triggering: open the gate/expander with your MIDI keyboard.
- Separate dry/wet level settings.
- Easy to set up for common gating/expansion situations with the included factory presets.
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available.
- All the usual FabFilter quality you’ve come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, SSE optimization, and more.
Pro-G for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AudioSuite) is available to purchase for 129 EUR / $174 USD / £114 GBP. Bundles with FabFilter Pro-G and other FabFilter plug-ins are also available. Existing FabFilter customers can purchase Pro-G with great discounts by logging in to their online user account.
More information: FabFilter / Pro-G