Cerberus Audio has released version 1.1.4 of Volt, the Precision Fader effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Volt’s memory switches can now override fades in progress initiated by other switches.
The improved switching logic allows the construction of more complex fade shapes in both real time and with track automation.
Changes in Volt v1.1.4
- New Feature: Memory Switches can override fades that were triggered by other switches.
- Changes and Fixes:
- Transition Speed – Control worked improperly if the undo button was clicked when there was nothing to undo.
- dB Fader – Would sometimes stick when dragging, and fail to undo.
- Audio Units – Fixes for automute and meters.
Volt for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for $18 USD (single user license) / $26 USD (site license).
More information: Cerberus Audio / Volt
Cerberus Audio has updated the Volt Precision Fader effect plugin to version 1.1.2.
Volt Precision Fader affords increased control over gain staging, remarkably smooth fades and transitions, and an ergomonic user interface.
Changes in Volt v1.1.2
- New Features:
- Right-clicking on the Shuttle knob opens the text box for dB value.
- “Shuttle/Transition Mode” indicator text is suppressed while gain is changing.
- Changes and Fixes:
- Transition Speed text box works correctly when accessed from the numeric display or bar graph display.
- dB Value text box reads correctly when accessed after double-clicking on the Shuttle Knob.
- Undo buffer is written for Shuttle Knob double-click.
- Clicking near the edges of the Transition Speed Bar Graph could incorrectly expose the voltage digits for editing upon returning to Shuttle Mode.
The Volt Precision Fader for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) costs $18 USD.
More information: Cerberus Audio / Volt Precision Fader
, Livid Instruments
, Richie Hawtin
Posted in news
on Jan 06, 2012 - 0 comments
Livid Instruments has introduced the CNTRL:R, a contemporary MIDI performance instrument for creative music production.
Housed in a lightweight aluminum body, this controller is ideal for live performance and studio production. Create rhythms, sequence and perform drums, launch clips, mix tracks, and have complete control over your performance with CNTRL:R’s advanced set of features. High quality faders, push button encoders, rotary knobs, expression pedal inputs, and keypads backed with RGB lights give you all the controls you need for an interactive performance. With scripts available for Ableton Live and NI Traktor, the CNTRL:R meets the needs of anyone looking to perform electronic music. CNTRL:R is designed and hand crafted in Austin, TX.
CNTRL:R was designed over a one and a half year period with electronic music pioneer Richie Hawtin and the artists on m_nus records. The controller is designed to provide a high quality controller sized small enough to fit into a backpack, but large enough for extensive hands-on control. The instrument has all of the essential controls for music creation and can be adapted to many different software and styles. The “sequencer” section of the controller can be set to create sequences and grooves, or control cue points and triggers. The central 4×4 keypad can launch clips, play drums, and control functions. The fader and knobs are ideal for channel strip controls, device control, EQ, and effects. The CNTRL:R is totally programmable and adaptable to any software that supports MIDI.
- Design – Designed in collaboration electronic music pioneer Richie Hawtin.
- Controls – Faders, knobs, encoders, multicolor keypads and expansion jacks.
- Quality Construction – High quality aluminum construction with only the best components.
- Adaptable – Completely programmable and adaptable. Works with any software that supports MIDI.
- Portable – The slim design lets you fit it into a backpack.
- Perform – Designed for total hands on performance.
The CNTRL:R is available to pre-order for $699 USD. Shipping starts February 2012.
More information: Livid Instruments / CNTRL:R
Cerberus Audio has released Volt Precision Fader, a high quality software plugin for fine control of gain.
Volt was designed to produce smoother fades and more precise gain staging than is possible with conventional DAW faders.
Volt Precision Fader features
- Shuttle and Transition Speed knobs.
- Linear gain control by “virtual voltage”.
- Logarithmic fader control by dB value.
- Memory banks to store and recall gain values.
- Text entry for directly entering or copy/pasting values.
- A/B between any two values using included memory banks or undo/redo.
- Half/double buttons for perfect signal splits.
- Unity/mute button.
- 300dB control range.
- 64-bit signal path.
- MIDI control for all major functions.
Volt Precision Fader for Mac (VST) is available to purchase for $15 USD.
More information: Cerberus Audio / Volt
Quiet Art has released version 2 of Wave Rider, a plugin that detects audio signal levels on the inserted channel, and applies Pro Tools fader movements as needed.
Wave Rider is an RTAS plugin. It is a virtual fader controller utility that applies intelligent volume adjustments to the Pro Tools faders to maintain consistent levels, and perform ducking, gating, and automatic mixing duties. It has a vast use in audio post production as well as music recordings.
After almost 2 years since its release, Wave Rider is now available with version 2, with more features.
Changes in Wave Rider 2
- New averaging mode during Ride function which puts Wave Rider into a 500ms look ahead mode. The resulting gain riding is much more subtler and smoother than the classic mode. This mode is recommended for situations where real time operation is not required. Classic mode is also smoothed with some adjustments.
- Controls for variable attack and release times for Ducking, and release time for Parking mode. Ducking mode is also improved with ducking range ability to go from 0 db.
- UI overhaul, channel names update, new default output level (-20dbfs), and the removal of automatable parameters.
- Wave Rider is now listed under Dynamic type in the Pro Tools plugin listing.
Wave Rider for Mac (RTAS) is available to purchase for $129 USD (includes sales tax where applicable). An upgrade from v1 is available for $25 USD.
More information: Wave Rider
Waves has announced the release of Vocal Rider, an automatic level-riding plug-in. Vocal Rider is the first of Waves pioneering new series of Mix tools. Simply put, Vocal Rider rides the levels of vocal tracks, … read more
Quiet Art has released version 1.4 of Wave Rider, a virtual fader controller plugin for Digidesign Pro Tools. Wave Rider was designed with Post Production mixing needs in mind. The algorithm is tuned to respond … read more
Quiet Art has released version 220.127.116.11 of Wave Rider, a virtual fader controller plugin for Digidesign Pro Tools. It’s a unique RTAS plugin that detects audio signal level on the inserted channel, and controls the … read more
Quiet Art has released Wave Rider, a virtual fader controller plugin for Digidesign Pro Tools. It’s a unique RTAS plugin that detects audio signal level on the inserted channel, and controls the fader movements Wave … read more