Sound Magic has released Rose Whisper Piano, a virtual piano featuring the sound a Fazioli “Brunei”, a concert grand which is worth over $400,000.
Fazioli “Brunei” is the most expensive concert grand piano over the world. Fazioli, a piano manufacturer in Italy, is considered to produce the best sounding grand pianos nowadays. Based on its famous Fazioli F308, the 10 foot concert grand model, Fazioli “Brunei” is decorated with flowers in mother of pearls, features semi-precious stones in various types. What is more, this “Brunei” was specially tuned by factory engineers to achieve a unique sound. Compared to regular F308 model, it has deeper bass and mellower in sound.
Rose Whisper Piano features
- Rose Whisper Piano gives you absolute control over every aspect of a piano. You can adjust hammer actions, microphone positions, sympathetic resonances, dynamics and more. You can even design your own piano!.
- HD Velocity Layer supports up to 65,536 Velocity Layers!.
- Multi-microphone positions enable users to mix between different microphone positions and create new sounds that easily fit into a mix.
- Real Piano Legato make the legato passage so real with a sustaining tone.
- Meticulous Dynamic Response controls enable users to adjust the dynamics of the piano, change the keyboard response, and achieve both realism and playability at the same time!.
- New! Our 264-string Sympathetic Resonance System adds beautiful harmonies to both pedal up and pedal down notes.
- Rose Whisper Piano is able to detect repeated notes and activate True Staccato Mode which precisely reproduces staccato notes.
- Built-in professional Reverb Engine simulates resonances with environment and soundboard, adding extra realism to the sound.
- Actual modeling and soft pedal samples vividly present the sound of three kinds of pedals.
- Faster load times. Smaller hard drive footprint, less memory and less CPU usage.
Rose Whisper Piano for Windows (VST/Standalone) is available to purchase for 99 EUR.
More information: Sound Magic / Rose Whisper Piano
Imperfect Samples has released Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand, the world’s largest sampled grand piano instrument.
Commanding a powerful and magnificent sound, this imposing hand-made Fazioli ten foot Grand Piano was created by the makers of world’s most expensive grand pianos, and is considered by many to be the Elite of all grands.
Finally, an epic grand piano has been imperfectly sampled with warmth, without sterility. Most grand piano libraries tend towards having a sterile sound. The Fazioli Concert Grand offers an imperfectly sampled epic sound, with a raw warm, and rich tone not heard in other commercial grand piano sample libraries. The sound of this piano is deep, full, and epic, with real performance elements that can’t be simulated using synthesis or modelling. The Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand is desirable for situations where you want the grand, expensive sound of a real grand piano.
Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand features
- Contains over 70,000 samples in up to a record-breaking 127 layers.
- Includes true staccato, release samples, direct picked strings, perfect and imperfect instruments, piano effects, muted keys, unmuted keys, piano body wood knocks, seat and lid sounds, and many more.
- Painstakingly recorded imperfectly, as with all Imperfect Samples’ libraries, the emphasis has been placed on achieving a hyper-real and convincing sampled instrument, with performance sounds. Classic “perfectly” sampled instruments have also been recorded, with all muted keys and perfect tuning.
- Provided in 24-bit audio fidelity with a dry mic perspective, wet room perspective, player, close-mic’d, and internal perspective.
The Fazioli Concert Grand is available to purchase in 4 versions in EXS24 and Kontakt format (NOT for Kontakt Player):
- Basic (£39.99 GBP) – 8 layers with release samples.
- Pro (£89.98 GBP) – 12 layers of perspective 1, and an extra mic perspective with 8 layers.
- Complete (£119.97 GBP) – Up to 14 layers and 3 mic perspectives gives the Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand (complete) added versatility and dynamics.
- Extreme (£299.96 GBP pre-order 30th Oct. – regular £349.99 GBP) – The World’s Largest sampled grand piano, with up to 127 layers, 5 mic perspectives, with perfect and imperfect instruments (provided on a portable Hard Disk).
More information: Imperfect Samples / Fazioli Ebony Concert Grand
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Univers Sons
Posted in news
on Sep 17, 2009
Ultimate Sound Bank has announced the release of Grand Piano Collection, a bundle of 5 sampled piano instruments.
“In the maze of piano sample libraries, Grand Piano Collection has a very unique place: the UVI philosophy regarding pianos is to propose truly musical and excellent sounding presets, but with a convenient and “realistic” size (around 20 GB for 5 instruments). It’s also the most versatile library, thanks to the choice of very different sounding instruments..”, said Alain Etchart, Founder and Director of Marketing at Univers Sons / Ultimate Sound Bank.
“Grand Piano Collection features surely some of the best sounding sampled pianos in the market. True to our beliefs, we don’t think it’s about figures (like velocity, memory, number of microphones) but about feeling. A good sounding piano is a rare alchemy between the instrument, the acoustic in the recording studio, the microphones and above all, the engineer’s taste. These pianos are not our first endeavour, in fact we did sample many more, so we had the chance to see the expertise turn up.”
Grand Piano Collection features
- Steinway D Concert Grand
- Fazioli F278 Concert
- Erard Baby Grand Piano
- Seiler Upright Grand
- Japanese Upright
Grand Piano Collection is now available for PC and Mac for $249 USD (includes the full version of UVI Workstation).
More information: Ultimate Sound Bank / Grand Piano Collection
, instrument plugins
, samples and sound libraries
, Univers Sons
Posted in news
on Aug 27, 2009
Univers Sons / Ultimate Sound Bank has announced the release of Italian Grand Piano, a new sample library for the UVI Workstation, featuring a Fazioli F278 model Italian Grand Piano.
For that kind of unique instrument, we did choose a very unique gear: the microphone set-up was a matched pair of Neumann M150 and the preamp/converters were the ones from the acclaimed Nagra D2. A unique combination of exceptional gear for the first time in sampling a piano library.
The UVI philosophy regarding pianos is to propose truly musical and excellent sounding presets using a convenient and realistic size (7 GB for this one).
Thanks to UVI Engine’s advanced keygroup layers and rule switching, the sustain pedal and release samples perform and “feel” like a real piano.
At the end of the process, during the editing of samples, we consulted a great instrumentalist to test the result of this work, then we were able to even improve the instrument’s response to make it really enjoyable.
This wonderful UVI Soundcard fully completes our Grand Piano series, putting forward, once again, an excellent sounding piano with true musicality.
Italian Grand Piano is available for purchase for $89 USD.
More information: UVISoundSource.com
DSK Music has released Acoustic Pianos Vol. 1, a freeware SoundFont features a number of acoustic pianos.
DSK Acoustic Pianos Vol. 1 includes 4 classic piano sounds:
- Grand Fazioli
- Steinway Bright
- Florestan Grand
- Clavinova Grand
Listen to a demo of the pianos in Acoustic Pianos Vol. 1 here.
The SoundFont is 52.7 MB uncompressed (34.5 MB zipped) and can be downloaded below.
Update 8 Oct, 2008: This SoundFont bank includes some SoundFonts already available on the internet. Please check the original websites for links to download the individual SoundFonts.