ELBySoniQ has announced the release of ’62 Pbass GrooveMachine – Soulplayer One, a hybrid instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt featuring the retro sound of a custom ’62 Fender Pbass.
ELBySoniQ introduce you to the ‘62 Pbass Groove Machine Soulplayer One from the Groove Machine Series, a 1.95Gb NI Kontakt loop library, recorded with a customized Fender® P-bass, played between the bridge and the pickup to give the sound more bite and darkness. The bass guitar is equipped with a swamp ash body, LaBella flatwound strings, vintage dual coil SPB-1 pickup and string dampers for a sustain-less punchy tone.
The theme of the loop library from the Groovemachine series is about the sound and the type of loop patterns. The majority of these loops are basic building block loops, which should be used for playing progressions and or broken loop patterns by playing it like single notes. You can use it creatively to create different patterns in combination with the other loop patterns which could end up till over 30.000 combinations.
This loop library fits in genres such as pop and soul and can also be used as songwriting tool and for inspiration. All the key switches could be automatized by your midi sequencer in your preferred DAW.
’62 Pbass GrooveMachine – SP1 features
- 1.92 Gb uncompressed in aif format.
- 974 stereo samples (665 samples are loop patterns) 24 bits, 44.1 kHz.
- Automatic sync to host bpm tempo.
- Recorded in 12 keys.
- 55 select-able groove patterns via dropdown menu’s.
- 2 octave sustained single note section ranging from Low E to E3.
- Transition note section also in 12 keys ranging from Low E to D#1.
- Hammer-on in the velocity range 123..127 in the sustained note section.
- 4 round robin one finger note attack harmonics.
- 3 round robin one finger note stop harmonics.
- Bass tone shaping and saturation FX with on/off buttons.
- Frontpanel for engaging Cabinet, Compressor and Chorus with on/off button.
- FX interface with adjustable knobs for Cabinet, Compressor and Chorus.
The ’62 Pbass GrooveMachine – SP1 for Kontakt is available for purchase for the introductory price of 45.50 EUR / $59.90 USD (regular 68.75 EUR / $89 USD).
More information: ELBySoniQ / ’62 Pbass GrooveMachine – SP1
Puremagnetik has launched Mark Two Berlin, a distinctively unique and versatile instrument recorded from a restored Fender Rhodes MKII.
Mark Two Berlin was salvaged from a Berlin collector and brought back to life after many months of restoration. It joins Puremagnetik’s Mark One Brooklyn in a league of electric piano instruments with a charm all their own – for those seeking real world character over perfection.
The Mark Two Berlin had 21 pickups completely replaced with new electronics, a few damper replacements and multiple tine adjustments and tunings. It was routed direct into a Zen modded Golden Age Pre 73 and recorded chromatically with 3 velocity layers per key.
The Live, Logic and Kontakt versions all come with 60 looped clips. The Live version includes Midi clips while the Logic and Kontakt versions contain Apple Loops.
Mark Two Berlin features
- An expertly multisampled Rhodes Mark II instrument.
- A collection of professionally performed looped clips.
- 60 SIAL and Apple Loops for Logic Pro.
- Custom KSP Kontakt interface for easy editing.
The library is available for purchase for $15 USD. Requires Ableton Live 9.1 and higher, Logic 10 and higher, or Kontakt 5 and higher.
More information: Puremagnetik / Mark Two Berlin
Karoryfer has released two free open-source sample libraries.
Emilyguitar features an Epiphone Emily the Strange model strung with thick flatwound strings.
After a few bass libraries, we’ve gone for a guitar. There are a lot of guitar samples out there intended for lots of styles of music guitarists like, from Latin jazz to metalcore, but this library is for music guitarists really hate, from hip-hop to EDM.
It’s designed to be easy to use for producers who don’t necessarily know a lot about guitars and don’t need a whole lot of different articulations, control over left-hand position, note off groups etc. Instead of all that you get a fat, percussive sound that’s great for crisp rhythms.
- Samples of an Epiphone Emily the Strange guitar with flatwound strings.
- A total of 323 24-bit 44.1 kHz WAV samples.
- Notes sampled every minor third.
- Four velocity layers and three round robins.
- String release noises with four round robins.
- Various percussive and fingering noises with five round robins.
- Six different SFZ mappings – four for single notes and two for chords.
- 98 MB download size.
Growlybass features the sounds of a sampled Squier Jazz bass guitar.
We’ve released several bass libraries already, but these samples were played by someone who is the complete opposite of our usual bass sample guy. She not only has very good hair, but also actually listens to music that has bassists playing basses.
These samples are not polite and have a ton of character. The strings get plucked hard and rattle against the frets. The bass (a Squier Jazz) is a classic design and the tuning is standard, so this is our best library for an archetypal bass guitar sound which could never be mistaken for anything else.
- Samples of a Squier Jazz bass guitar with roundwound strings.
- A total of 310 24-bit 44.1 kHz WAV samples.
- Notes sampled every minor third.
- Sustained notes with four velocity layers and four round robins.
- Staccato notes and string release noises with one velocity layer and five round robins.
- Pick scrapes with four round robins.
- Seven different SFZ mappings.
- 159 MB download size.
Both libraries are free to download (SFZ mappings are included).
More information: Karoryfer
Ample Sound has announced the release of Ample Bass P (ABP), an electric bass instrument based on samples of a Fender Precision Bass.
Ample Sound is dedicated to reproducing the exact sound of classic instruments in virtual instrument software with accuracy and pristine clarity.
ABP has a 3.6 GB sample library which is naturally recorded on every single fret. No destructive editing and dynamic processing are applied (which leaves more room for users’ modification).
Ample Bass features 14 bass articulations: Sustain, Palm Mute, Natural Harmonic, Hammer On & Pull Off, Legato Slide, Slide in & out, Pop, Slap, Tap, Accentuated, Staccato and Dead Note. The Legato articulations can be used to achieve legato notes of any duration, pitch and polyphony.
Ample Bass P features
- Redesigned Tab Player for bass tab. All articulations and notations are supported by the tab player. Realistic Tab playback can be achieved through fine parameter adjustments and humanizations.
- Auto Buzz System. Buzz noises can make bass performance more expressive and realistic. Ample Bass buzz system enables users to arbitrarily control of start position, duration and amplitude of a buzz. Alternatively, Ample Bass could also randomize the whole buzz sound process.
- Groovy Single-Note Bassline. Repetitive one-note basslines are a common technique in bass performance, particularly in the rock genre. Ample Bass contains a unique method of delivering one-note bass lines, One-note loops have been recorded for every fret with a groovy, tasty feel and lossless quality as the tempo is changed. No more bland and robotic ‘machine gun effect’.
- Slap & Sustain in one MIDI Track. Using keyswitches, users can switch between Sustain (normal group) and Slap and Pop on the fly. Ample Bass also provides a “combined keyswitches” feature, which allows users to play both Slap and Pop articulations on specific strings. For example, you could assign the Slap articulation to the G and D strings, and the Pop articulation to the A and E strings.
- Alternate Tuning. Ample Bass supports alternate tunings to the lowest note of a 5-string bass.
- Carefully designed left hand techniques and sample groups.
- Legato with variable duration, pitch and polyphony.
The Ample Bass P for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for the introductory price of $99 USD until September 4th, 2014 (regular $119 USD). Existing users of Ample Sound instruments can check for eligible discounts in their MyAmpleSound account.
More information: Ample Sound / Ample Bass P
Binary Music has announced the release of Energy Bow Guitar, an expressive sample instrument of an E-Bowed guitar.
The Energy Bow Guitar library is an expressive Kontakt instrument made from recordings of a Fender American Standard Strat played with an E‑Bow. Sampled chromatically from a drop tuned D2 to A5. We fitted a Seymour Duncan Little ’59 humbucker for extra sustain and everything was recorded cleanly through an Inward Connections Vac Rac 4000 pre-amp.
Energy Bow Guitar features
- Chromatically sampled.
- Clean samples with three round-robins per note.
- ‘Character’ samples with three round-robins. These are still non-distorted samples, but feature the bow occasionally touching the strings and other performance blips and can be selected by a key switch.
- Harmonic samples with three round-robins. The modulation wheel can be used to crossfade into them.
- Release samples.
- Tempo syncable LFOs for vibrato and tremolo.
- Sample start offset to enable faster phrases.
- All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
Energy Bow Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase for £17 GBP/21 EUR/$23 USD including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
More posts that match this tag
AXP has released SoftAmp FM25, a free virtual-analog model of the Fender Frontman 25R solid-state combo amp. The Frontman is a versatile solid-state practice amplifier for electric guitar. It’s equipped with 10″ speaker, has 2 … read more
The Drum Broker has launched Rhodes and Vibes, a new sample pack by MSXII Sound Design. The kit is a hybrid of both original compositions and standalone samples. The Rhodes and Vibes kit is pure … read more
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation. “The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its … read more
VST Buzz is offering a 50% discount on the Sampleholics Guitars sample library for Stylus RMX. Sampleholics Guitars is an electric and acoustic guitar sample library (not loops) for Stylus RMX. The guitars sampled were … read more
Outbound link: VST Buzz
– Related: discounts
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Loopbased has introduced Ubertwang Vol. 1, a collection of guitar samples by Vanilla Groove Studios. Ubertwang Vol. 1 delivers 45 twang-tastic guitar riffs, rhythms and hooks, arranged in 5 loop sets ranging from 80 to … read more
Outbound link: Loopbased
– Related: Doctor Doubledrop
, Fox Samples
, Pulsed Records
, samples and sound libraries
, Sonic Drive Media
, Vanilla Groove Studios
Posted in news
on Dec 10, 2013 - 0 comments
The Drum Broker has announced Bars, Keys & Anomalies, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design. The success of the Unkempt Breaks inspired a lot of this work, but with a different spin…added notes, melodies, … read more
Ueberschall has announced the release of Shred Guitar, a new Instrument Series sound library for the Elastik Player. It contains Shred Guitar Loops from Genres like Rock & Metal. Shred Guitars shines with its expertly … read more
Outbound link: Ueberschall
/ Shred Guitar
– Related: AU
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 26, 2013 - 0 comments
Gospel Musicians has announced version 3.1 of the Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate, a virtual instrument library for UVI & MachFive, featuring 5 electric piano emulations. Neo-Soul Keys® is our flagship product and combining our samples … read more
Samplephonics has released Jazz Guitar Sessions, a sample library featuring a collection of guitar loops by Andy Baker. For his first sample pack he has cooked up a truly delicious collection Jazz guitar loops, garnished … read more
The Loop Loft has announced the release of Jazz, Blues and Soul, a guitar loops sample library by Doug Wamble. In Doug Wamble’s (Wynton Marsalis, Norah Jones) third Artist Series release, Jazz, Blues and Soul, … read more
Sample Magic has announced the release of its Chillwave Guitars sample library. SM Studio returns with 140+ guitar riffs, phrases and textures custom-crafted for fuzzy, tape-toned chillwave productions. Packed with sparse yet deeply musical motifs … read more
Ilya Efimov has released Retro Bass, a virtual Fender Bass Guitar ’52 instrument for Native Instruments Kontakt. The playing techniques included in a single patch – fingered, slap, palm-mute and additional articulations – allow the … read more
Ilya Efimov has released Classic Bass, a detailed emulation of a classic Fender Precision Bass Guitar ’72. The playing techniques included in a single patch – fingered, slap, palm-mute and additional articulations – allow the … read more
AfroDJMac has posted the 70th free Ableton Live Pack, the Rusty Fender Rhodes. The Fender Rhodes is one of the most well known electric keyboards of all time. Unfortunately adding one to your collection will … read more
Ample Sound has updated its Ample Guitar series of virtual guitar instruments for Windows and Mac to version 1.2.0. Changes in Ample Guitar v1.2.0 Slide Smoother: Enable the users to make different slide sounds via … read more