Binary Music has announced the release of Energy Bow Guitar, an expressive sample instrument of an E-Bowed guitar.
The Energy Bow Guitar library is an expressive Kontakt instrument made from recordings of a Fender American Standard Strat played with an E‑Bow. Sampled chromatically from a drop tuned D2 to A5. We fitted a Seymour Duncan Little ’59 humbucker for extra sustain and everything was recorded cleanly through an Inward Connections Vac Rac 4000 pre-amp.
Energy Bow Guitar features
- Chromatically sampled.
- Clean samples with three round-robins per note.
- ‘Character’ samples with three round-robins. These are still non-distorted samples, but feature the bow occasionally touching the strings and other performance blips and can be selected by a key switch.
- Harmonic samples with three round-robins. The modulation wheel can be used to crossfade into them.
- Release samples.
- Tempo syncable LFOs for vibrato and tremolo.
- Sample start offset to enable faster phrases.
- All samples were recorded in 24 bit at 44.1kHz.
Energy Bow Guitar for Kontakt is available for purchase for £17 GBP/21 EUR/$23 USD including VAT in the EU.
More information: Binary Music
AXP has released SoftAmp FM25, a free virtual-analog model of the Fender Frontman 25R solid-state combo amp.
The Frontman is a versatile solid-state practice amplifier for electric guitar. It’s equipped with 10″ speaker, has 2 channels that share a 3-band equalizer, and a spring reverb. The current issue sports a classic “Blackface” look.
“Huh, a solid state Fender practice amp model. Now that is an interesting choice” – was the initial response from one of the beta testers. The reason for that choice is simple: Frontman 25R was the first guitar amp I’ve ever owned. To my best knowledge its digital model did not exist, so I decided to fill the gap. And after all, who needs yet another incarnation of say, JCM800? :)
This VST model is a tribute to the original design and faithfully models all its essential features. It is mainly intended for quick and simple recording of draft tracks as well as for some live jamming whenever you don’t feel like setting up a more sophisticated amp simulator.
The SoftAmp FM25 effect plug-in is available to download as a VST plug-in for 32- and 64-bit Windows.
More information: AXP / SoftAmp FM25
The Drum Broker has launched Rhodes and Vibes, a new sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The kit is a hybrid of both original compositions and standalone samples. The Rhodes and Vibes kit is pure vintage goodness. A Fender Rhodes 73 and a Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp (1952) are the only two pieces of gear involved.
Most producers spend hours digging for an empty section of drums, Rhodes, vibes, and other instruments from obscure vinyl records. With the Rhodes and Vibes kit, MSXII serves that up with vintage coloring you can only get from authentic equipment. Partnered with incredible musicianship, this kit will keep you inspired like none other.
Rhodes and Vibes features
- Authentic Fender Rhodes 73 original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- 1952 Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- Stems offered on select compositions.
- Kit divided by folders of 70, 73, and 90 BPM.
- Notated arpeggios in Fm-C#Maj7 (+ more) in both Rhodes and Vibes.
- Sampled held notes at C and F in Rhodes and Vibes for advanced layering + mapping.
- Royalty free compositions, no sample clearance needed.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Rhodes and Vibes
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation.
“The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its textures and capabilities are near endless. From classic rock, to soul and funk, pop, disco, hip-hop, country and everything in between, this instrument often plays front and center.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of VSTs and software patches available (some of which are really amazing) that emulate the electric guitar. Still, none of them compare to the feel and complexity of the real thing. For this very reason, I’ve partnered with my good friends & amazing musicians, SoundAssociation, to create a well-rounded, unique set of electric guitar riffs.
Everything from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to funky, light-hearted grooves at 100 bpm, we’ve created a set that draws from all of our influences. For most music producers who don’t play the guitar, it’s difficult to create human textures that no software plug-in can manipulate or duplicate. Our focus was to approach these riffs in the most “human-like” way. They are perfect to use as starting points or later additions to your productions, and are sure to spark a multitude of ideas.” – !llmind
Electric Guitar Liqs features
- 80 audio files containing 24 complete guitar riffs in 24-bit/44 Stereo WAV format.
- All 24 guitar riffs were played on a 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Vintage Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Orange OR100, Lineage: Shure SM 57 -> Neve 1073 -> RME Fireface UFX)
- Guitar riffs vary, from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to light-hearted 100 bpm funky textures & tons more!
- Guitar riffs include BPMs + DRY and WET versions for maximum use, easy looping & creative flow! The possibilities are endless.
- Compatible with all standard DAWs & samplers that use .WAV formatting.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping” & plenty of headroom.
- ALL SOUNDS are completely royalty-free!
- Includes BONUS material (Maj7 Arps up + down entire scale & cool slide effects!)
- Credits: !llmind, Josh Churgin (Producer), Mitch Conwell (Producer), Atlas Gonzalez (Producer), Jared Scot (Composer, Producer), Craig Weinberg (Composer, Producer, Engineer).
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013 - 0 comments
VST Buzz is offering a 50% discount on the Sampleholics Guitars sample library for Stylus RMX.
Sampleholics Guitars is an electric and acoustic guitar sample library (not loops) for Stylus RMX. The guitars sampled were a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat, Schecter Blackjack, a Fender Jazz bass and an acoustic guitar. So why RMX and not Kontakt? Because the built in amps in Stylus RMX are way better!
Sampleholics Guitars has a range of articulations including sustain, palm mute, major/minor chords and effects with plenty of amp/effect combinations, so you don’t need to be a guitar expert to get a great tone and great sound. If you’re writing music for TV, or on a tight deadline, these guitars are perfect – oh and did we mention they’re only $19.50!”
Guitars for Styles RMX is available to purchase for $19.50 USD until December 17th, 2013 (regular $39 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Related: Doctor Doubledrop
, Fox Samples
, Pulsed Records
, samples and sound libraries
, Sonic Drive Media
, Vanilla Groove Studios
Posted in news
on Dec 10, 2013 - 0 comments
Loopbased has introduced Ubertwang Vol. 1, a collection of guitar samples by Vanilla Groove Studios.
Ubertwang Vol. 1 delivers 45 twang-tastic guitar riffs, rhythms and hooks, arranged in 5 loop sets ranging from 80 to 140 BPM.
Recorded with a de-tuned Fender Stratocaster played through a classic tube amp, these loops will add some razor sharp bling to your tracks.
The Ubertwang Vol 1 pack is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
Loopbased has also introduced 10 other sample packs and soundsets from its suppliers Fox Samples, Sonic Drive Media, Vanilla Groove Studios, Doctor Doubledrop, Pulsed Records, Xenos Soundworks, and Molgli.
New packs at Loopbased
- Trap Town (Fox Samples) – ‘Trap Town’ from Fox Samples is a hot new product bringing you seven unique Construction Kits. This awesome pack is a blend of Trap, Dubstep and Complextro. These tracks will be a perfect match for the clubs.
- Dubstep Presets for Ableton Live Vol 2 (Sonic Drive Media) – SoundBank contains 31 Ultra Heavy Dubstep Presets for Ableton Live Suite which Utilize the Operator and Analog Synths Heavy Nasty Gritty Dirty Dubstep Patches for Ableton Live.
- Blues Guitar Grooves Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – Add some grit and soul to your tracks with “Blues Guitar Grooves Vol 1″. This pack features 47 rough and ready blues guitar loops arranged in 7 construction kits (including wet and dry mixes), ranging from 63 to 109 BPM.
- NI Massive Psytrance Presets Vol 1 (Doctor Doubledrop) – Doctor Doubledrop returns with 70 high quality Psytrance presets for Native Instrument’s Massive synthesizer. The first volume of his amazing collection is now ready to be use in your projects!
- MIDI & Patches: Future Main Room Vol 2 (Pulsed Records) – ‘MIDI & Patches: Future Main Room Vol 2′ is the continuation of this series of products from Pulsed Records. Designed for producers of Pop, House, Electro, and Trance that require up-to-date, complex patches, MIDI and WAV files.
- 70s and 80s Synths for Massive (Xenos Soundworks) – ’70s and 80s Synths’ contains 64 retro-styled presets for Native Instruments Massive, invoking fond memories of that bygone era. All 8 Macros are intelligently assigned to each patch for maximum variation and expression.
- Ukulele Loops Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – “Ukulele Loops Vol 1″ brings some chirpy sunshine to your tracks. This pack of lovingly crafted ukulele loops were recorded with a selection of high end ukes on a mid-summer’s day, with pixies flittering all about.
- Molgli’s 2013 Bundle (Molgli) – Molgli’s 2013 Bundle is the perfect package to help end your year and prepare you for the new one. This spectacular bundle is bursting with 12 amazing 2013 releases from Molgli, Cytik, ABJ & Adam Somers.
- No Mercy (Fox Samples) – ‘No Mercy’ from Fox Samples is a hot new product bringing you six banging Construction Kits. This product brings you over 600 MB of nothing but the finest Trap music.
- Finger Tap Arps Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – From the makers of Odd String Thing, and Nylon String Arps, comes another world first. “Finger Tap Arps Vol 1″ brings you 61 finger tapping loops to liven up your tracks.
The packs are now available from Loopbased.
More information: Loopbased
The Drum Broker has announced Bars, Keys & Anomalies, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The success of the Unkempt Breaks inspired a lot of this work, but with a different spin…added notes, melodies, grooves, riffs and such by way of a vintage drum kit, live bass and electric guitar, vibraphone, and Fender Rhodes 73. The entire experience was captured and condensed to show the details of the creation process. Peepeth!
The groove, styles, and feel of the late 60′s & early 70′s was at the forefront of the recording and mixing process. The “Bars, Keys, and Anomalies” recording chain consisted of an Avantone CV-12 through Universal Audio 8110 preamps through an SSL Duality for the majority of the recording. The sample pack is full of both warmth and dirt; ready to hit your sampler!
Bars, Keys & Anomalies features
- 48k/24bit recorded Live Drums, Bass, Fender Rhodes 73, Vibraphone and Electric Guitar.
- Vintage one-mic technique used with an Avantone CV-12 during most of the recording.
- Composed with the grooves, styles, and feel of the late 60′s and early 70′s soul.
- Uncompressed, multi-tracked .wav files for optimal mixing/mastering.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs including; Ableton Live, Apple Logic, ProTools,FLStudio,Propellerheads Reason, etc.
- Compatible with all hardware samplers that accept the WAV file format; Maschine, Akai MPC samplers, Roland MV8000, Yamaha samplers, etc.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD. It is also available bundled with The Unkempt Breaks Collection at a 20% savings.
More information: Drum Broker / Bars, Keys & Anomalies