The Drum Broker has launched Rhodes and Vibes, a new sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The kit is a hybrid of both original compositions and standalone samples. The Rhodes and Vibes kit is pure vintage goodness. A Fender Rhodes 73 and a Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp (1952) are the only two pieces of gear involved.
Most producers spend hours digging for an empty section of drums, Rhodes, vibes, and other instruments from obscure vinyl records. With the Rhodes and Vibes kit, MSXII serves that up with vintage coloring you can only get from authentic equipment. Partnered with incredible musicianship, this kit will keep you inspired like none other.
Rhodes and Vibes features
- Authentic Fender Rhodes 73 original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- 1952 Deagan Model 510 Vibraharp original MSXII compositions in .wav format.
- Stems offered on select compositions.
- Kit divided by folders of 70, 73, and 90 BPM.
- Notated arpeggios in Fm-C#Maj7 (+ more) in both Rhodes and Vibes.
- Sampled held notes at C and F in Rhodes and Vibes for advanced layering + mapping.
- Royalty free compositions, no sample clearance needed.
The sample pack is available from the Drum Broker for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / Rhodes and Vibes
The Drum Broker has introduced !llmind x SoundAssociation BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs, a new sample pack by Illmind and SoundAssociation.
“The electric guitar is undoubtedly one of the greatest instruments of our generation. Its textures and capabilities are near endless. From classic rock, to soul and funk, pop, disco, hip-hop, country and everything in between, this instrument often plays front and center.
Nowadays, there are hundreds of VSTs and software patches available (some of which are really amazing) that emulate the electric guitar. Still, none of them compare to the feel and complexity of the real thing. For this very reason, I’ve partnered with my good friends & amazing musicians, SoundAssociation, to create a well-rounded, unique set of electric guitar riffs.
Everything from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to funky, light-hearted grooves at 100 bpm, we’ve created a set that draws from all of our influences. For most music producers who don’t play the guitar, it’s difficult to create human textures that no software plug-in can manipulate or duplicate. Our focus was to approach these riffs in the most “human-like” way. They are perfect to use as starting points or later additions to your productions, and are sure to spark a multitude of ideas.” – !llmind
Electric Guitar Liqs features
- 80 audio files containing 24 complete guitar riffs in 24-bit/44 Stereo WAV format.
- All 24 guitar riffs were played on a 1969 Fender Stratocaster, 1999 Gibson Les Paul Standard (Vintage Amps: Fender Deluxe Reverb, Hiwatt Custom 100, Orange OR100, Lineage: Shure SM 57 -> Neve 1073 -> RME Fireface UFX)
- Guitar riffs vary, from dark 80 bpm muted riffs, to light-hearted 100 bpm funky textures & tons more!
- Guitar riffs include BPMs + DRY and WET versions for maximum use, easy looping & creative flow! The possibilities are endless.
- Compatible with all standard DAWs & samplers that use .WAV formatting.
- NO compression or saturation/flat “pancake” sounds.
- Carefully mastered “under-zero”. NO nasty “digital-clipping” & plenty of headroom.
- ALL SOUNDS are completely royalty-free!
- Includes BONUS material (Maj7 Arps up + down entire scale & cool slide effects!)
- Credits: !llmind, Josh Churgin (Producer), Mitch Conwell (Producer), Atlas Gonzalez (Producer), Jared Scot (Composer, Producer), Craig Weinberg (Composer, Producer, Engineer).
The sample pack is available to purchase for $24.99 USD.
More information: Drum Broker / BLAP KIT: Electric Guitar Liqs
, samples and sound libraries
, VST Buzz
Posted in news
on Dec 11, 2013
VST Buzz is offering a 50% discount on the Sampleholics Guitars sample library for Stylus RMX.
Sampleholics Guitars is an electric and acoustic guitar sample library (not loops) for Stylus RMX. The guitars sampled were a Gibson Les Paul, Fender Strat, Schecter Blackjack, a Fender Jazz bass and an acoustic guitar. So why RMX and not Kontakt? Because the built in amps in Stylus RMX are way better!
Sampleholics Guitars has a range of articulations including sustain, palm mute, major/minor chords and effects with plenty of amp/effect combinations, so you don’t need to be a guitar expert to get a great tone and great sound. If you’re writing music for TV, or on a tight deadline, these guitars are perfect – oh and did we mention they’re only $19.50!”
Guitars for Styles RMX is available to purchase for $19.50 USD until December 17th, 2013 (regular $39 USD).
More information: VST Buzz
Related: Doctor Doubledrop
, Fox Samples
, Pulsed Records
, samples and sound libraries
, Sonic Drive Media
, Vanilla Groove Studios
Posted in news
on Dec 10, 2013
Loopbased has introduced Ubertwang Vol. 1, a collection of guitar samples by Vanilla Groove Studios.
Ubertwang Vol. 1 delivers 45 twang-tastic guitar riffs, rhythms and hooks, arranged in 5 loop sets ranging from 80 to 140 BPM.
Recorded with a de-tuned Fender Stratocaster played through a classic tube amp, these loops will add some razor sharp bling to your tracks.
The Ubertwang Vol 1 pack is available to purchase for 15 EUR.
Loopbased has also introduced 10 other sample packs and soundsets from its suppliers Fox Samples, Sonic Drive Media, Vanilla Groove Studios, Doctor Doubledrop, Pulsed Records, Xenos Soundworks, and Molgli.
New packs at Loopbased
- Trap Town (Fox Samples) – ‘Trap Town’ from Fox Samples is a hot new product bringing you seven unique Construction Kits. This awesome pack is a blend of Trap, Dubstep and Complextro. These tracks will be a perfect match for the clubs.
- Dubstep Presets for Ableton Live Vol 2 (Sonic Drive Media) – SoundBank contains 31 Ultra Heavy Dubstep Presets for Ableton Live Suite which Utilize the Operator and Analog Synths Heavy Nasty Gritty Dirty Dubstep Patches for Ableton Live.
- Blues Guitar Grooves Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – Add some grit and soul to your tracks with “Blues Guitar Grooves Vol 1″. This pack features 47 rough and ready blues guitar loops arranged in 7 construction kits (including wet and dry mixes), ranging from 63 to 109 BPM.
- NI Massive Psytrance Presets Vol 1 (Doctor Doubledrop) – Doctor Doubledrop returns with 70 high quality Psytrance presets for Native Instrument’s Massive synthesizer. The first volume of his amazing collection is now ready to be use in your projects!
- MIDI & Patches: Future Main Room Vol 2 (Pulsed Records) – ‘MIDI & Patches: Future Main Room Vol 2′ is the continuation of this series of products from Pulsed Records. Designed for producers of Pop, House, Electro, and Trance that require up-to-date, complex patches, MIDI and WAV files.
- 70s and 80s Synths for Massive (Xenos Soundworks) – ’70s and 80s Synths’ contains 64 retro-styled presets for Native Instruments Massive, invoking fond memories of that bygone era. All 8 Macros are intelligently assigned to each patch for maximum variation and expression.
- Ukulele Loops Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – “Ukulele Loops Vol 1″ brings some chirpy sunshine to your tracks. This pack of lovingly crafted ukulele loops were recorded with a selection of high end ukes on a mid-summer’s day, with pixies flittering all about.
- Molgli’s 2013 Bundle (Molgli) – Molgli’s 2013 Bundle is the perfect package to help end your year and prepare you for the new one. This spectacular bundle is bursting with 12 amazing 2013 releases from Molgli, Cytik, ABJ & Adam Somers.
- No Mercy (Fox Samples) – ‘No Mercy’ from Fox Samples is a hot new product bringing you six banging Construction Kits. This product brings you over 600 MB of nothing but the finest Trap music.
- Finger Tap Arps Vol 1 (Vanilla Groove Studios) – From the makers of Odd String Thing, and Nylon String Arps, comes another world first. “Finger Tap Arps Vol 1″ brings you 61 finger tapping loops to liven up your tracks.
The packs are now available from Loopbased.
More information: Loopbased
The Drum Broker has announced Bars, Keys & Anomalies, a sample pack by MSXII Sound Design.
The success of the Unkempt Breaks inspired a lot of this work, but with a different spin…added notes, melodies, grooves, riffs and such by way of a vintage drum kit, live bass and electric guitar, vibraphone, and Fender Rhodes 73. The entire experience was captured and condensed to show the details of the creation process. Peepeth!
The groove, styles, and feel of the late 60′s & early 70′s was at the forefront of the recording and mixing process. The “Bars, Keys, and Anomalies” recording chain consisted of an Avantone CV-12 through Universal Audio 8110 preamps through an SSL Duality for the majority of the recording. The sample pack is full of both warmth and dirt; ready to hit your sampler!
Bars, Keys & Anomalies features
- 48k/24bit recorded Live Drums, Bass, Fender Rhodes 73, Vibraphone and Electric Guitar.
- Vintage one-mic technique used with an Avantone CV-12 during most of the recording.
- Composed with the grooves, styles, and feel of the late 60′s and early 70′s soul.
- Uncompressed, multi-tracked .wav files for optimal mixing/mastering.
- Compatible with all major software DAWs including; Ableton Live, Apple Logic, ProTools,FLStudio,Propellerheads Reason, etc.
- Compatible with all hardware samplers that accept the WAV file format; Maschine, Akai MPC samplers, Roland MV8000, Yamaha samplers, etc.
The sample pack costs $24.99 USD. It is also available bundled with The Unkempt Breaks Collection at a 20% savings.
More information: Drum Broker / Bars, Keys & Anomalies
, samples and sound libraries
Posted in news
on Sep 26, 2013
Ueberschall has announced the release of Shred Guitar, a new Instrument Series sound library for the Elastik Player.
It contains Shred Guitar Loops from Genres like Rock & Metal. Shred Guitars shines with its expertly played guitar licks. Faster, louder, higher!
The guitar loops in Shred Guitar have a length of 4 to 16 bars. The tempo varies between 100 BPM (Double Time), 120 BPM and 160 BPM. Each loop is available in three versions:
- Clean Amp
- Clean Line Signal.
The clean signal can be edited with additional effects. All guitars licks were played on Gibson, Ibanez or Fender Guitars.
Additionally, the Elastik Player allows a flexible use of the loops. With a view clicks you can easily add the content to your own projects. You can easily use the loops in different genres than rock and metal. It is also possible to only use selected parts of a full loop. The Elastik Player ensures fast integration of any phrase into your productions – be it for music, web applications, video sound or game audio.
The soundbank is available to purchase for 49 EUR. Includes free Elastik Player (VST/AU/RTAS/Standalone).
More information: Ueberschall / Shred Guitar
Gospel Musicians has announced version 3.1 of the Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate, a virtual instrument library for UVI & MachFive, featuring 5 electric piano emulations.
Neo-Soul Keys® is our flagship product and combining our samples with the UVI Workstation makes for an amazing electric piano experience.
When combined with advanced scripting and the amazing effects of the UVI Workstation, this is our best version yet.
Changes in Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate v3.1
- 24-bit sustain samples (10.5GB Total).
- Added a new preset system so you don’t have to keep loading new presets every time. Now all of the presets are stored inside of one combo EP. You can also add your own presets within the new combo preset system. Just make sure you save the entire preset when making and saving within the system.
- Includes Lite presets from the the 3X Lite version that was released previously. This version is for customers who use Mainstage and have to conserve CPU and RAM.
- Now the sustain sample’s release matches the Kontakt version.
- All LFO sync functions for effects, panning and volume are now accurate when syncing to a DAW. New algorithms have been applied.
- Lower Volume Mechanics – Sometimes the Mechanical effects can be a little loud. A preset version is available that has lower volume mechanical effects for a more subtle mechanical sound.
- Re-Calibrated the Amp Sims so that they don’t cause some patches to peak. Some amp sims have more energy than others and we calibrated the Amp sims thus not to peak.
- Added two new UK Amp Sims for a super warm and deep bass sound. This is especially useful when playing key bass.
- Created disk and arrow push-down icons for all preset menus. Previously there was no graphical indication when the effects preset’s arrow was pressed.
- Added Volume and Pan vibrato/tremolo option. The vibrato panning function clashed in a weird way when combined with the chorus, flanger, and phaser. This is because these effects use panning already and combining the two summed the output.
- The Auto-Wah now replaces the Funky Wah. As an update to the newest UVI workstation, there is now a new Wah-Wah effect that sounds great. Allows for you to use rate and depth for an Auto-Wah, or you can assign the Wah effect to a pedal controller by right clicking and learning.
- The Suitcase tines are generally bright, but a darker Suitcase tine patch has been added for diversity and a darker EP tone.
Neo-Soul Keys 5X is available to purchase for $199.99 USD.
More information: Gospel Musicians / Neo-Soul Keys 5X Ultimate
Samplephonics has released Jazz Guitar Sessions, a sample library featuring a collection of guitar loops by Andy Baker.
For his first sample pack he has cooked up a truly delicious collection Jazz guitar loops, garnished with a sprinkling of Soul, Funk and Blues to wet the appetite. Played on a Gibson 335, Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Stratocaster, the loops have been designed to compliment one another so they can be mixed and matched if desired.
The sample library contains 254 beautifully played royalty free guitar loops that span a wide range of tempos, and can be used in many styles of music, from hip hop and house to jazz, funk, soul, rnb and cinematic compositions. All sounds are available to download in either 24 Bit Wav, Acidized Wav, Apple Loops or Rex2 Loops, and are of course 100% royalty free.
The sample library is available to purchase for £34.70 GBP.
More information: Samplephonics / Jazz Guitar Sessions