Voxengo has released version 2.7 of SPAN, a free real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer effect plugin for Windows and Mac.
For the most part SPAN was derived from Voxengo GlissEQ dynamic parametric equalizer and reproduces its spectrum analysis functionality.
SPAN provides you with a very flexible “mode” system which you can use to setup your spectrum analyzer preferences. You may specify Fourier block size in samples, FFT window overlap percentage, spectrum’s visual slope. Beside that you can choose to display secondary spectrum of a desired type (e.g. real-time maximum, all-time maximum). Spectrum can be smoothed out visually for an easier examination.
Changes in SPAN v2.7
- Increased “smoothed” graph drawing precision.
- Fixed crash when 1/12 octave smoothing is enabled.
- Increased overall spectrum drawing precision.
SPAN is available to download as a freeware plug-in for Windows and Mac (VST/AU).
More information: Voxengo / SPAN
Little Endian has released version 2.9.0 of the SpectrumWorx sound mangling plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Little Endian today announced the release of SpectrumWorx™ audio plug-in version 2.9 with 64-bit support for both Mac OS X and Windows.
This version adds a 10-preset signature bank created by Cinning Bao. Both OS versions have been updated with several sound fidelity, stability and performance improvements.
- VST and AU support.
- 64-bit and 32-bit.
- 100% Frequency domain operation.
- Modular design with five module slots.
- Over fifty modules to choose from (freeze, harmonizer, pitch shifter, vocoder, octaver, wah-wah, whisperer, wobbler, autotune, reverser, etc.).
- Sophisticated “time-to-frequency” engine optimized for low CPU usage.
- Flexible Preset browser with comment field.
- Shipped with over 250 presets.
- Free or tempo-synchronised LFOs with phase adjustment and 11 waveforms.
- External audio input for inter-sample effects.
- Slick and user-friendly GUI.
- Detailed User’s Guide.
SpectrumWorx is available to purchase for $119 USD for a single format, or $149 USD for the bundle of formats.
More information: Little Endian / SpectrumWorx
Alexander Zolotov has released version 2.0 of Virtual ANS, a full-featured professional tool which allows you to create unusual, deep, atmospheric sounds.
With this app you can draw a complete piece of music, or convert sound to image (sonogram) and then make some complex sonogram modifications.
Virtual ANS is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS – photoelectronic microtonal/spectral musical instrument created by Russian engineer Evgeny Murzin from 1938 to 1958. Murzin named his invention in honour of the composer Alexander Nikolayevich Scriabin.
The instrument was used by Stanislav Kreichi, Alfred Schnittke, Edison Denisov, Sofia Gubaidulina, Edward Artemiev and other Soviet composers. You can hear the sound of the ANS in Andrei Tarkovsky’s movies Solaris, The Mirror, Stalker. In 2004, the British experimental group Coil released CoilANS, a boxed set of experimental drone music performed on the ANS.
Changes in Virtual ANS v2.0
- Rewritten from scratch with the following systems support: iOS, Android, OSX, Linux, Windows.
- Optimized for realtime playing.
- Version 2 can load *.vns files from version 1, but not vice versa.
Virtual ANS is available to download for Android, Windows, Linux and OSX. iOS support is coming soon.
More information: Virtual ANS
, effect plugins
, group buy
, noise reduction
, VST. modulation
Posted in news
on Jul 04, 2013
Voxengo’s automated system has launched group buys for its BMS, Deconvolver, HarmoniEQ, LF Max Punch, Redunoise and Vintage Modulator effect plug-ins.
Save up to 50% off the HarmoniEQ equalizer effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Group Buys
- BMS bass management system—BMS is able to extract and manipulate low-frequency content of non-LFE channels in up to 7.1 surround configurations.
- Deconvolver impulse response deconvolution tool—Supports almost all sample formats (bit-depths) of uncompressed mono/stereo WAV files and offers a very convenient environment in which to deconvolve large sets of recorded files. Voxengo Deconvolver also offers a true mathematical FFT deconvolution which delivers 100% exact deconvolution.
- HarmoniEQ parametric, harmonically-enhanced equalizer—Harmonic enhancement HarmoniEQ applies to the sound is an inherent element of its overall sonic quality. HarmoniEQ also features dynamic equalization modes that offer you a vast palette of sound-shaping capabilities, suitable for mastering.
- LF Max Punch low-frequency audio band enhancer—LF Max Punch provides a low-frequency effect specially designed for serious contemporary music producers offering them a convenient tool for applying a smooth punch and oomph to audio tracks and sounds.
- Redunoise high resolution audio noise reduction system—It delivers an unprecedented quality and offers the most comprehensive control.
- Vintage Modulator stereo modulation effect—Features 8 operators (4 for each output channel) with carefully designed modulation capabilities. This allows Vintage Modulator to create huge and convincing chorus, phaser and flanger modulation effects applicable to almost any program material imaginable: vocals, guitars, synth instruments and others.
The group buy voting stage ends July 19th, 2013 (or earlier when 50% discount level is reached).
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys
Voxengo’s automated voting system has launched group buys for selected Voxengo effect plug-ins.
Save up to 50% off the GlissEQ dynamic equalizer plugin for Windows and Mac.
Voxengo Group Buys
- Deft Compressor, an audio signal compressor plug-in. The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce “slim” and “slick” sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect.
- GlissEQ, a dynamic parametric equalizer plug-in. The most interesting and unique feature of GlissEQ is the dynamic behavior of its filters.
- Shinechilla, an experimental creative sound effect plug-in. Shinechilla allows you to generate and blend 2nd, 3rd and 4th harmonics with the original dry sound. The harmonic generation process offered by Shinechilla is quite unique on the plug-in market since it produces almost no intermodulation distortion.
- SPAN Plus, a real-time “fast Fourier transform” audio spectrum analyzer plug-in. SPAN Plus is an extended version of the freeware SPAN plug-in: SPAN Plus provides several additional features such as PNG file export, real-time spectrum import/export and static spectrums display.
The group buy voting stage for these plug-ins ends July 12th, 2013.
More information: Voxengo / Group Buys