Audio Poison has released version 1.0.3 of Stagger, offering several bug fixes and optimizations to the multi-filter/multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
Stagger is a modulation, filter and effect sequencer full of filters and effects that is setup to be programmed in layers of steps.
Changes in Stagger v1.0.3
- Fixed series/parallel layering bug causing clicks with some series + parallel combinations.
- Added extended duty cycle functionality + custom waveform improvements.
- Fixed GUI bug w/ several of the modulators.
- Removed minor performance loss from authorization.
- Removed WoW64 issue which only allowed for either the 32-bit or 64-bit version to be installed at the same time.
Stagger for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $80 USD.
More information: Audio Poison / Stagger
Slicksquare has released its SVF-42 filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
The SVF-42 is an analog state variable filter emulation. The main difference with similar competitors plugins is that we didn’t use FFT algorithms. Instead, we carefully modeled every electronic component of the original circuitry.
All of SVF-42′s parameters are driven with simulated analog level behavior with Slicksquare’s AnalogValue technology.
- Analog modeled State Variable Filter (LPF, BPF and HPF modes). 2 or 4 poles.
- No FFT algorithm, but true analog components emulation.
- MIDI notes input to set the cutoff frequency and/or trigger the envelope.
- 2 VirtualCV inputs for analog-style parameter automation.
- Internal audio quality is 64-bit double precision with 4x upsampling frequency for the filter section.
- MIDI-syncable LFO modulator with stereophonic phase adjustment parameter.
- SSE2 CPU optimization.
- Dry / Wet mix parameter.
- Audio input envelope follower for cutoff or resonance modulation.
- Sidechain input for cutoff or resonance modulation.
- Unique analog modeled soft clip algorithm.
- Dry / Wet mix.
- Left/Right LED Metering.
The plug-in is available for Windows and Mac (VST) for $39.99 USD. An introductory 40% discount is available for a limited time, use coupon SVF42LAUNCH at checkout.
More information: Slicksquare / SVF-42
u-he has announced Diva version 1.3 public beta, featuring a new digital oscillator and Uhbie filter.
Diva’s new (preliminary) interface shows the digital oscillator and Uhbie filter panels.
You might have heard it in the grape vine. We’re looking for detailed feedback on the Digital Osc:
Diva 1.3.0b2 Mac
Diva 1.3.0b2 Win
This version of Diva has a preliminary GUI for the Digital Osc and Uhbie filter. Please do not post screenshots without that disclaimer!
major changes from V1.2.1:
- added Arpeggiator and Clock module
- added Digital Osc (inspired by JP80x0)
- added Uhbie filter (modeled after famous SVF, with exaggerated character)
- ultra fast, multi threaded UI loading
- AAX 32/64 support (PT 10.3.5+ or 11.0.2+)
- tidied up trimmers page
- documentation still 1.2
- ReadMes and some version numbers still 1.2
Check out the video by Sadowick Production, comparing the Diva’s new digital oscillator with Roland’s JP-8080 SuperSaw.
Make sure to report bugs and comments at the u-he forum.
More information: u-he / Diva
B. Serrano has released version 2.1 of Nibiru 2, a parallel multi-filter effect plug-in for Windows.
Extended version of Nibiru. 4 parallels multimodes filters (LP, HP, BP, Notch). 4 LFO host syncable. Stereo balance on each filter output.
Changes in Nibiru v2.1
- Now usable with MIDI Controllers (Mod-Wheel, Breath and Aftertouch) via the matrix.
- Patch manager.
- New skin.
Nibiru for Windows (VST) is freeware.
More information: B. Serrano / Nibiru
, channel strip
, compressor and limiter
, effect plugins
, Universal Audio
Posted in news
on Oct 11, 2013 - 0 comments
Universal Audio has announced the release of API Vision Channel Strip, an effect plug-in for the UAD platform and Apollo.
For over 40 years, API mixing consoles have become synonymous for audio excellence and multi-platinum recordings. From the Foo Fighters to Fleetwood Mac’s classic Rumours, API mixing desks are legendary for their colorful punch and warm analog detail. Now Universal Audio is pleased to release the API Vision Channel Strip Plug-In for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces.
Featuring five API modules — the 212L Microphone Preamplifier, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer — the API Vision Channel Strip plug-in allows owners of Apollo audio interfaces and UAD-2 DSP Accelerator hardware to impart their tracks with the same focus, punch, and harmonic detail as its high-end hardware counterpart.
API Vision Channel Strip features
- Faithful channel strip emulation from API’s flagship Vision analog console.
- Comprised of five distinct modules: 212L Mic Preamp, 215L High/Low Cut Filters, 235L Gate/Expander, 225L Compressor/Limiter, and 550L 4-Band Equalizer.
- Models custom 2520 API op-amp and transformers with circuit nonlinearities.
- Allows recording in real time via Apollo interfaces (sub-2ms latency) and/or mixing workflows via UAD-2 hardware.
- More than 70 artist presets from Joe Chiccarelli, Neil Dorfsman, David Isaac, Nathaniel Kunkel and John Paterno.
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card, available from authorized dealers worldwide.
API Vision Channel Strip is available for purchase for $299 USD.
More information: Universal Audio / API Vision Channel Strip
, ring modulator
Posted in news
on Oct 08, 2013 - 0 comments
Moog Music has announced 5 new Minifooger analog effects pedals for guitar and bass.
The Minifoogers place legendary Moog quality, tone and versatility into a compact, rugged housing designed to withstand the tortures of touring and daily abuse.
Today we announce the launch of the Minifooger Analog Effects family – a series of compact – easy to use stomp boxes designed primarily for use with electric guitar and bass. Each Minifooger is housed in a rugged cast aluminum enclosure and features a 100% analog signal path, true bypass design, optional battery power, and a single expression pedal input that can also be controlled via CV.
The Minifooger Analog Effects family is launching with 5 compact stomp boxes – the MF Drive, MF Boost, MF Delay, MF Ring, and MF Trem. Each pedal is 100% analog, designed and hand assembled in Moog’s factory in Asheville, North Carolina and carries a US street price below $200. Two videos can be seen on our site featuring artists experimenting with the Minifoogers: Troy Van Leeuwen, guitarist for the band Queens of The Stone Age takes a more classic approach; and Xander Singh and Ian Hultquist of Passion Pit explores the other worldly side of the Minifoogers.
We are extremely pleased to introduce the Minifoogers and hope that guitar and bass players enjoy years of artistic expression with them.
Minifoogers Analog Effects
- The MF Drive (MSRP $179 USD) is a filter-based overdrive pedal employing a Moog Ladder Filter, boutique FET amplifiers, and OTAs in its drive section making it highly reactive to picking dynamics. The panel features a bi-polar tone control and sweepable filter that work dynamically with input gain to offer each player unique and customizable sounds that retain the core timbre of their instrument. A filter Peak switch shifts harmonic content to the filter’s cutoff position, adding new tonal creation and dirty wah performance possibilities not found in other drive pedals.
- The MF Boost (MSRP $149 USD) is a selectable topology boost pedal that allows the player to switch between an “articulate VCA” signal path and a “colored OTA” signal path. Each is tailored to deliver boutique amplifier sound and responsiveness from any guitar/amplifier combination. The design also imparts natural compression to an input signal, which brings out note articulation and significantly increases the performance of other effects pedals. When paired with an expression pedal, the MF Boost can be used as a tone enhancing volume pedal, sweepable-gain boost pedal, and VCA. The expression pedal input also provides access to higher gain values not available on the panel.
- The MF Delay (MSRP $209 USD) features 35mS-700mS of completely analog delay time. At shorter settings, repeats are fast and bright for creating classic slap-back and plate sounds. At medium and long settings the repeats become darker and naturally trail into reverb-like state. A Drive circuit allows the player to adjust the tone and feel of the MF Delay as well as overdrive the Bucket Brigade Delay line, and the input of a guitar amplifier for bigger sound and feel. Also, the expression pedal input is switchable between feedback for expressive swells and delay time for tape delay and chorus/flange effects.
- The MF Ring (MSRP $159 USD) is an analog ring modulator that is based on the world’s best selling Ring Mod, the Moogerfooger MF-102. Its refined frequency range and tone voicing circuit add new-musical elements to ring modification, making it easy to dial in everything from octaves and choral dissonance to harmonic undertones and synthesized lead lines. The expression pedal input provides hands-free control of the Freq parameter for sound sweeps, pitch shifting effects, and playing between two scales on the fly.
- The MF Trem (MSRP $189 USD) is an analog tremolo pedal designed around a balanced modulator and Sub Audio VCO. This design creates a wide range of effects that are based on phase cancellation and addition. Players can create classic optical tremolo, hard tremolo, rotary effects and more that react dynamically to harmonic content. A variable Shape control interacts with Tone and Mix to craft subtle swells and gallops to rhythmic percussive, and swirling effects. When pushed, the MF Trem can also approach the beginnings of phasing and chorus. The expression pedal input adds control of the Speed parameter for hands-free swells and rotary effects.
The Minifooger pedals are available for preorder from all authorized Moog dealers. Shipping starts in October, 2013.
More information: Moog / Minifooger
MeldaProduction has announced the release of MMultiBandComb, a multiband multi-comb filter plug-in for Windows and Mac.
MMultiBandComb is a versatile multi-comb filter, designed for those seeking a unique sound. Its smart-randomization engine makes it easy to get moving textures, rhythmic pads or squealing drum loops.
With MMultiBandComb you have up to six bands, each with up to 4 filters. You can have them in series, in parallel, or just mix it somehow. Each filter has an adjustable feedback with band pass and a limiter. You can also invert phase in each channel to get some unique stereo width.
You can modulate any parameter from a unique set of modulation sources, which includes LFOs, audio level followers, envelope generators, randomizer, and pitch detectors.
- 1-6 fully configurable independent bands.
- 4 global modulators.
- M/S, single channel, up to 8 channels surround processing.
- Smart randomization.
- Automatic gain compensation (AGC).
- Safety limiter.
- Sinc interpolation and high-quality upsampling.
- Adjustable up-sampling 1x-16x.
- Easy-to-use user interface.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Global preset management and online preset exchange.
- Fully automatable.
- Supports VST, VST3 and AU interfaces on Windows & Mac, both 32-bit and 64-bit.
The plug-in is available to purchase for the introductory price of 15 EUR (regular 40 EUR). The plug-in is free for owners of MTotalBundle and MCreativeBundle.
Meldaproduction has also updated its plugins to version 7.13.
7.13 is a compatibility update, which fixes a few problems which were occuring with previous versions. This includes cursor support on Mac OS X, freezing of graphics on some Windows computers etc.
More information: Meldaproduction / MMultiBandComb
Sugar Bytes has announced the release of WOW2 iPad Edition, a filterbox effect app.
WOW2 is now available for your iPad! That means juiciest filtering just with a touch.
With a future-dripping user interface, 21 incredible filter types with the famous vowel mode. With distortions that cover your tracks with gas and put them on fire. Modulations that cause more trouble than your modular dark room. And finally that warm and juicy sound, that you were looking for.
WOW2 iPad Edition features
- XY-Pad to control 6 Parameter simultaneously.
- Integrated Player (iTunes File Sharing, Music Library, Factory Loops).
- Integrated Recorder (various options: Start/Stop/Sync/Length).
- Live Modus (Inputs & Outputs selectable).
- Audiobus Support (Sender & Filter).
- Audiocopy™ / Audiopaste™.
- Full Midi Support (Virtual, Network, Extern).
- Midi Clock Sync.
- Jack iOS Support.
WOW2 iPad Edition costs 13.99 EUR / $14.99 USD.
More information: Sugar Bytes / WOW2 iPad Edition