ADSR Sounds has introduced ZEBRA – Filters Masterclass, a video tutorial by Jorgalad for u-he’s Zebra synthesizer instrument.
‘Zebra – Filters Masterclass‘ takes the guesswork out of producing with Zebra, putting you in total control of one of the world’s most powerful and flexible synths.
These in-depth videos start out at the very start (with the beginner in mind) right through to the advanced features such as filter feedback, advanced modulation, FM filters and much more!
This course includes 15 videos totalling over 200 minutes of in-depth instruction whether you are a beginner or you already know your ways around a synth, with this course you will end up with an advanced, practical understanding of all the different filters and an expert know-how on filter theory. You’ll also learn how to use the filters on a creative level which will help take your tracks to another level!
The course is available to purchase for $27 USD.
More information: ADSR Sounds / ZEBRA – Filters Masterclass
Harrison has announced that the Harrison 832c Filter Unit is now shipping.
From Abba to Zappa: Countless ground-breaking artists have been recorded and mixed on Harrison-designed consoles. AC/DC’s “Back in Black”, Robert Plant’s “Ship of Fools”, Sade’s “Sweetest Taboo” and Michael Jackson’s “Beat It” all feature the signature Harrison sound! The greatest selling album of all time – Michael Jackson’s “Thriller” – was recorded and mixed on a Harrison 32-series console using the very same filters featured on the new Harrison 832c Filter Unit!
The 832c features 8 channels of high / low pass filters from Harrison’s world-renowned 32c console – providing classic Harrison sound for recording and mixing in a convenient 1U rack space. Each channel features independent controls for both the high and low-pass filters, a Bump button, 2 sweepable filter knobs, and a 7-segment LED input meter.
When engaged, the “Bump” button creates a resonant boost just above the selected high-pass filter frequency – re-creating the signature low-end of the Harrison 32-series consoles. This feature keeps instruments from sounding thin when you roll off the unwanted low frequency energy. Combined with proper execution of the low-pass filter, the “Bump” feature makes the 832c the perfect tool to fatten kick drums, beef up bass lines, and add body to guitar tracks – all while helping each instrument find its place in the mix.
The audio connections are provided on AES59 (Tascam DB-25) connectors. Combined with other Harrison hardware, setup becomes painless and clutter-free, as the input connector of the 832c Filter Unit matches the output connector of the Lineage Mic Preamp. When used in tandem, the 832c Filter Unit and the Lineage Mic Preamp provide a complete Harrison 8-channel input section with preamps, filters, and metering.
The Harrison 832c Filter Unit is now available to purchase for $2,395 USD.
More information: Harrison Consoles / 832c Filter Unit
Waves has launched MetaFilter, a filter effect plug-in in Native formats.
Designed around a multimode filter with extensive modulation options and powered by Waves’ Virtual Voltage technology, Waves MetaFilter has everything you need in a sound-shaping filter plugin. The versatile MetaFilter creative effects unit provides all the warmth, depth and fatness of classic analog filters, along with the modern control and endless flexibility distinctive of Waves tools.
MetaFilter lets you individually modulate the filter’s cutoff, resonance and delay time using three separate modulators – a 16-step sequencer, an LFO, and an envelope follower with a sidechaining option – making it easy to achieve effects such as filter sweeping, tremolo, auto wah, rhythmic gating, ducking, and hypnotic modulating delays with saturation buildups.
- Three separate modulators: 16-step sequencer, LFO, and envelope follower with sidechaining option.
- Fat analog sound quality.
- Intuitive MIDI Learn.
- Fully modulatable analog delay.
- Powered by Virtual Voltage technology.
- Endless sound-shaping possibilities.
The plug-in is available to purchase for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX), priced at the introductory price of $99 USD (regular $200 USD).
More information: Waves / MetaFilter
Cableguys has released version 3.1 of FilterShaper 3, a flexible filter effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
FilterShaper 3 – Filter, volume and pan modulation plug-in.
FilterShaper 3 takes a giant leap into unconventional sound design with two powerful filters, freely editable modulation curves, and an immensely flexible modulation framework.
The new Sallen-Key type filters deliver a rich, warm, intricate sound. Create complex, shifting, interweaving effects. Apply subtle nuances or giant wobbles. From filtersweeps and stereo tremolo to surgically-precise filter control and multiband sidechain effects.
Changes in FilterShaper v3.1
- Improved waveform editing.
- The “Drive” parameter is ramped now.
- Improved sound of the new Sallen-Key type filters for high resonance values.
- Improved tuning for the 24db versions of the Sallen-Key type filters.
- Bug fixes:
- The Envelope Followers did not work properly under Mac OS X.
- Triggering LFOs via MIDI could lead to clicks.
FilterShaper 3 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available to purchase for 69 EUR/$89 USD incl. VAT.
More information: Cableguys / FilterShaper
, Solid State Logic
Posted in news
on Feb 13, 2014 - 4 comments
Softube has announced the release of its Console 1 computer based audio mixing solution for Windows and Mac.
Console 1 will not only give you the world-class sound of the included Solid State Logic SL 4000 E model, but also the analog workflow of using physical knobs and buttons when you mix.
Console 1 is all about great sound and intuitive, hands-on control.
Console 1 features
- Next generation mixer.
- Tightly integrated hardware/software system.
- Solid State Logic SL 4000 E model included.
- Hands-on control and intuitive workflow.
- Use with any major DAW.
- Parametric equalizer, compressor, gate, transient shaper, high/low cut filters and harmonics/distortion.
- Customize the channel by adding any Softube equalizer or dynamics plug-in.
- The system will run and the settings can be adjusted without having the hardware connected.
Console 1 has a list price of $1,099 USD / 849 EUR, with an expected street price of $999 USD / 799 EUR (including 19% sales tax).
More information: Softube / Console 1
Audiomeals has launched Talkie Box, a walkie-talkie, radio, and telephone voice designer software for Windows and Mac.
Talkie Box is a prototype “all-in-one” audio tool develop to create & design radio voice effects for films & games.
Talkie Box features
- Walkie-Talkie Emulator: Includes distortion, 3-Band Parametric EQ, High Pass, Low Pass, BandStop and Resonance filters.
- Radio-Telephone Emulator:
- Limit your frequency bandwidth. Includes 3-Band Parametric EQ, Resonance & BandPass filters.
- Dial Pad: Telephone Dial Pad with real sounds. Create your own dialing sounds sequence.
- Noise Laboratory:
- Design your own radio background noise and interferences sounds.
- Up to 6 different noise signals. Control FM Gen parameters via XY Pad.
- Includes High Pass & Low Pass filters and 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Noise Lab Sampler: Once the desired background noise has been designed, you can also trigger this noise as if it were a sampler via Noise Pad. Triggering envelope designer included.
- Convolution Lab:
- Design your own voice noisy sounds. Add some noise and bad reception sounds to your voice.
- Input signal is convolved trough different noisy sound signals. Up to 6 different noisy sound signals. Control FM Gen parameters via XY Pad.
- Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Input depending mode available. Allows activating or deactivating the convolution lab sound depending the input level.
- For example, you can create some noisy voice sounds and activate them only when the input level is high, so you will only hear these sounds when your voice is louder, creating some interesting and realistic effects.
- Up to 6 pre-loaded radio & walkie-talkie sounds available.
- You can also load your own sample; triggering envelope designer.
- Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ.
- Morse Code Test Tone Generator: Generate your own Morse Code messages.
- Plug-in Strip Rack:
- You can load up to 2 plug-ins (VST/AU) into the audio chain.
- Serial & Parallel plug-in processing options.
- Save & Load plug-in presets. Export .fxp files.
- Master EQ: Includes a 3-Band Parametric EQ, High Pass & Low Pass filters.
- Compressor: Add some compression or limiting to your audio signal.
- Bitter: Add some extra distortion by reducing the sample rate.
- Input & Output Routing: Send audio from any DAW/Audio Editor to TalkieBox or from TalkieBox to any software.
- MIDI: MIDI Learn. Control any fader & sampler pad via MIDI device.
- 8/16/24/32-bits & WAV/AIFF Formats.
- Simultaneously dry/wet recording mode available; it allows you to process again the original source content (your voice) to apply some edits or to create some variations before the final recording.
- Audio Player: Play any file from your computer into Talkie Box.
- Video Player: Play video files from your computer for better audio/video synchronization.
- Preset Manager: Create your own presets. Store & recall the whole session data.
Talkie Box for Windows and Mac is available to purchase for $10 USD / 8 EUR.
More information: Audiomeals / Talkie Box
Waldorf has introduced 2-Pole, a new hardware analog filter unit.
2-Pole is giving the guitar player, the DJ, or the keyboard player access to the heart of the Waldorf sound – with an inspiring user interface with a one knob/one function philosophy.
Spice up your live performances with dramatic filter sweeps that really cut through. Funk up your guitar licks by hooking a pedal controller to 2-Poles’ cutoff CV In or using the integrated envelope follower. Animate your pad sounds using 2-Pole’s LFO.
But beware – no matter what you do with this tiny black box, make sure you set the levels to your amplifiers and speakers correctly, as 2-Pole is yet another beast from Waldorf – with love!
- Fully analog signal path: Preamp -> Filter -> Overdrive.
- Award winning Waldorf analog multimode filter technology.
- Filter can be modulated by LFO, envelope follower or external signal.
- Preamp with overdrive capability for direct connection of instruments like bass or guitar.
- Post-filter overdrive with adjustable gain.
- LFO with different ranges, rate up to several kHz.
- Envelope follower with trigger section and different modes.
- True Bypass.
- Cascadable to stereo (for two 2-pole units).
Pricing and availability TBA.
More information: Waldorf / 2-Pole