Moog has released operating system version 3.5 for the Minimoog Voyager, an analog synthesizer.
Operating System Version 3.5 for the Minimoog Voyager Analog synthesizer adds a number of new features, including quick save, category browse, and legato glide.
After you update your Voyager to OS 3.5, there is a new bank of the freshest Voyager presets on the planet available as a free download. Programmed by Miles Davis keyboardist Adam Holzman, Danish producer Daniel Muschinsky, Moog engineer Steve Dunnington and Moog associate Ben Hovey, these sounds span the spectrum from classic to cutting edge.
Changes in Minimoog Voyager OS v3.5
- Master Mode
- MIDI Panic Function – Allows the user to select whether or not to send a MIDI All Notes Off message when the MASTER switch is pressed.
- Storage Mode – This sets the behavior after a preset is stored. The user is prompted: Go to stored Preset after Saving? If YES is chosen in this screen, then after a preset is stored to a new location the UI goes to the new location. If NO, then after a preset is stored the current location is maintained in the UI.
- Edit Mode
- Glide Modes – There are now 8 glide modes. 1 of 8 is stored in a preset. This determines how Glide behaves when the Glide switch is ON. (Note: to make room for the Glide mode feature in the Edit menu, Filter A poles and Filter B Poles are combined into the single menu item: “Filter Pole Sel.”)
- Panel Mode
- Quick Save – If a preset has been edited, then pressing the Master switch twice saves the preset to the present location.
- Sound Category Browse – If Enter is pressed, the Preset advances to the next available sound in the bank or in the subsequent bank with the same sound category – this is useful for searching for all lead sounds, bass sounds, percussion sounds etc… pressing Enter AND Cursor goes backwards in the progression of the sounds in that category.
More information: Moog / Minimoog Voyager
Novation has released version 3.4.1 of Automap, a software system for Novation’s MIDI controllers.
Automap 3 is the latest incarnation of Novation’s intelligent software system. Automap is unique to Novation’s MIDI controllers, and has now been enhanced with a wealth of eagerly anticipated features. Until now Automap had focused on plug-in control, but exciting developments bring a new level of DAW control…
Changes in Automap v3.4.1
- Improved MIDI data efficiency into Live.
- Updated Novation USB driver to version 1.7, Windows only.
- Updated Ableton Live DAW Setup Guide.
- Updated SL MkII firmware to version 1.2.05.
- Updated Zero SL MkII firmware to version 1.2.04.
- Touch sense, encoder and button LED feedback in Live template (requires Ableton Live 8.1.3).
More information: Novation / Automap
Waldorf has released firmware version 1.15 for Blofeld, a synthesizer offering virtual analog modeling and wavetable synthesis.
The engine inside the heavy duty, full metal chassis of the Blofeld delivers the same fat and rich sound that so many Waldorf users worldwide love when they play their Pulse, Q, Q+, Micro Q, Microwave, Microwave II/XT, or even the flagship Wave.
Yes, you’ve heard it right. The Blofeld is not only capable of producing these warm, organic analog sounds known from the Q synthesizer line, it also sports a wavetable engine like its predecessors with “Wave” in their names.
Changes in Blofeld Firmwave v1.15
- MIDI Clock reception improvement.
- System Exclusive handling.
- Workaround for USB on Apple computers.
- Sample/Wavetable start as Modulation Destination.
- User Wavetables.
- Changing Multi Programs via Bank MSB (CC#0) value 127.
- Local Off for Blofeld Keyboard.
- Minor bugfixes.
Earlier this month Waldorf released the Easter Soundset, a free collection of 128 sounds for the Blofeld from Boele Gerkes and Holger Steinbrink.
More information: Waldorf / Blofeld
Roland has announced V-Piano Evolution, a system program update which adds two new stunning Vintage and Vanguard piano models to enhance the sonic possibilities for the groundbreaking V-Piano.
Since its release, the Roland V-Piano has taken the music world by storm. Soaring beyond the limits of previous sample-based instruments, the V-Piano’s revolutionary Component Object Sound Modeling creates a “living” piano engine that has won acclaim from the world’s finest pianists.
The V-Piano offers two distinct types of piano modeling: Vintage and Vanguard. Vintage replicates the sound of the world’s finest acoustic pianos, while Vanguard allows the pianist to create new and innovative instruments beyond the limitations of the traditional acoustic piano.
The V-Piano Evolution adds two new instruments to each piano category. In the Vintage category, Vertical faithfully reproduces the warm sound of an upright piano, and V1 Impactance features a Vintage 1 piano equipped with heavier hammers for more power and energy. In the Vanguard category, Triple Large features an extended piano body and tripled copper wrapped strings on each key, while Metallic SB is based on the previous All Silver model. With a new virtual soundboard made of thin metal boards sandwiched between thin wooden boards, the Metallic SB piano sound creates a unique metallic tonal character.
The V-Piano Evolution is now available as a downloadable upgrade for all V-Piano owners.
More information: Roland / V-Piano.
Novation has released version 3.4 of AutoMap, a MIDI control application for PC and Mac.
Automap v3.4 brings with it dozens of new mappings for plug-ins and instruments, and also carries firmware updates for Novation keyboards and controllers.
When developing Automap v3.4, Novation focussed on expanding Automap’s on-board library of mappings (collections of assignments that tie knobs, faders and buttons of Novation hardware to software parameters) for Logic, Reason and Pro Tools. To achieve this, the mappings system was fully rebuild to allow thousands of new mappings across the Novation product range.
Now, Logic, Reason and Pro Tools are fully mapped (although Logic’s Sculpture and Ultrabeat have inherent limitations). This means all plug-ins and software instruments that ship with the applications now have bespoke Automap mappings, so you can get immediate, hands-on access to the most sensible parameters in your plug-ins and music software. Your music-creation workflow just got much more efficient!
Another big part of the v3.4 revision is the inclusion of firmware updates for Novation’s Remote SL, Zero SL, SL Compact, SL MkII and Nocturn Keyboard. These updates transfer through the Automap user interface, with helpful on-screen directions guiding users through the updating process.
Changes in AutoMap v3.4
- Updated firmware and global for Remote SL, Remote Zero SL, SL Compact, SL MkII, Zero SL MkII and Nocturn Keyboard.
- Improved default mappings for Reason/Record.
- Improved default mappings for Pro Tools.
- Improved default mappings for Logic 9.
- Added default for Novation and Focusrite’s plug-ins.
- Updated DAW Setup Guide.
- Added options to restore ‘OS, Global and Automap template’, ‘Automap template only’ and ‘All Templates’ separately in the Devices menu for SL MkII and Zero MkII.
More information: Novation / Automap
The firmware for the Zoom H4 Handy Recorder has been updated to version 2.0.
Changes in v2.0
- Support for SDHC cards over 4GB
- Adopted a larger display font to be easier to read
- Indicates the battery capacity and recordable time at the top of the screen
- Added a File Dividing function to create separate files for each song from a long-hours of live recording
- Added a Low-Cut filter to reduce wind noise and breath popping
- Added an MP3 post-encoding funciton which can convert recorded WAV files into MP3s
- Added a Mono Mix function for the purpose of Electronic News Gathering
- Added an Auto Recording function enables you to start recording automatically when the input signal exceeds a certain level
- Added a Normalize function lets you increase the audio level of the recorded file at a maximum
Brad Linder says the software update does not solve the electric pulsing noise problem when you’re running on battery power, so the best solution is still to build your own battery pack.
Visit Zoom’s H4 download page for more information, links to download the lastest firmware and a supplemental manual.