Image-Line has announced the release of an alpha preview version of FL Studio 12, the music production software for Windows.
FL Studio customers you can now download the FL Studio 12 ALPHA-PREVIEW to give us feedback about the extensive workflow changes.
What’s this for?
We are looking for feedback about some of the major changes in workflow that have been made so far. Please try it out and let us know what you think of how it works. We’re not really looking for bug reports, at this time.
Changes in FL Studio 12 (alpha preview)
- Browser – The Browser has changed (now with category tabs and the ability to delete content on right-click).
- Channel Menu – The Channel Options Menu has moved from the Toolbar Menus to the Channel rack.
- Channel settings – Have been integrated into the Plugin Wrapper.
- Interface – Vectorial user interface. See Options > General Settings > GUI display.
- Per Channel Swing – The Channel Settings now has a ‘swing multiplier’ amount.
- Pattern Menu – The Pattern Menu has moved from the Channel rack to the Toolbar Menu and Pattern Selector.
- Piano roll – Piano roll Auto-zoom can now we deselected from Settings > General > Auto zoom in piano roll.
- Playlist – Multiple drag and drop for audio files onto Playlist (from a Windows file browser).
- Stepsequencer – Stepsequences are now interchangable with Piano rolls.
- VST Plugins – VST plugin installation has changed.
The alpha preview version (currently only 32-bit) is available to download to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio 12 alpha preview
Image-Line has released version 11.1 of its FL Studio music production software for Windows.
FL Studio 11.1 includes support for the FREE and hugely popular Image-Line Remote Android and iOS MIDI remote controller application and a new FREE synthesizer MiniSynth, that also works as a crossover synth with FL Studio Mobile. We think we have the free thing covered :)
Changes in FL Studio v11.1
- Most plugins updated (bugfixes).
- Image-Line Remote for Android (Google Play) and iOS (iTunes Apps) updated.
- MiniSynth free synth is included.
- FL Studio Mobile import updated.
- Launchpad support updated.
- DirectWave import support updated.
- Bugfixes as reported since the last version, FL Studio 11.0.5.
FL Studio 11.1 is free for existing customers under the Lifetime Free Update policy. New Image-Line customers can purchase FL Studio with a 10% discount here.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio
, FL Studio
Posted in news
on Mar 18, 2014 - 0 comments
Image-Line has announced a contest in collaboration with Novation, giving away 10 bundles of the Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition.
We’re teaming up with our friends at Novation to give away TEN bundles of a Launchpad S and FL Studio Producer Edition (or IL VCash equivalent to be used in the Image-Line shop if you already own FL Studio). Don’t forget FL Studio also includes Lifetime Free Updates.
To enter the contest you need to name one track used in the performance above. The contest ends March 28th, 2014, at 16:00 GMT.
More information: FL Studio / Launchpad S contest
Image-Line has announced a second beta of Minihost Modular, a free modular plugin host for Windows and Mac.
This beta includes improvements and fixes based on user feedback so far. We thank the beta-testers for their enthusiastic response to Minihost Modular.
Minihost Modular is a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose. As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities. As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment. Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The new beta installers for Windows & OS X are available to download for registered Image-Line users (registration is free).
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular Beta 2
Image-Line has released version 1.1 of its IL Remote, a free user-configurable virtual MIDI controller application for FL Studio, Deckadance 2 and plugins.
Just open FL Studio 11.0.4 or Deckadance 2.3 (not yet released) on your computer, enable Image-Line Remote on the MIDI settings and then open IL Remote on up to 15 Android and or iOS devices. The connection is made automatically over a Wi-Fi network.
Changes in IL Remote v1.1
- New splash screen with FL Studio or Deckadance targeting.
- Deckadance support.
- MIDI channel selector for all controls.
- Mixer scrolling (now with 99 Mixer channels).
- MIDI channel override for Container contents.
- Keyboard scale highlighting.
- Custom scales for Harmonic Grid.
- Increased sensitivity range for Jogwheels.
- “Send on/off” option for knobs and Jogwheels.
- Color of selected controls are now added to the custom color list.
- Many small bug-fixes and improvements.
IL Remote for Android and iOS is available to download at no charge.
More information: Image-Line / IL Remote
Image-Line has announced version 1.3 of its FL Studio Mobile music app for Android.
FL Studio Mobile 1.3 for Android is now available from the Google Play Store. Version 1.3 is a free update for existing customers and introduces the online shop where you can download new instruments. There are two FREE instrument packs so you can try it out without spending a cent.
What about iOS vs Android feature-set convergence? We plan to add Audio Tracks and Wave Editor by April 2014 so stay tuned for further news on that in the FL Studio Mobile user forum. We will be calling for Beta Testers in the near future so to gain posting access to the forum use the SETUP tab and REGISTER button. Following that we will be moving to a completely new code-base merging FL Studio Mobile for iOS and Android, eliminating the feature-set differences. Of course, all these are free updates as usual. Thanks for your patience Android users.
FL Studio Mobile for Android is available to purchase for $19.55 USD.
More information: Image-Line / FL Studio Mobile
Image-Line has announced the release of a public beta version of Minihost Modular, a modular environment for hosting/interconnecting VST/AU plugins based on a custom modular engine especially developed for this purpose.
As a standalone, Minihost Modular can be used as an advanced VST or AU host with modular routing with some sequencing recording/playback capabilities.
As a VST or AU plugin, Minihost Modular can be used to extend the capabilities of your existing DAW software with its powerful modular, recallable, environment.
Minihost Modular bares some similarities to FL Studio’s Patcher but has an extended capability as a self contained host.
The beta of Minihost Modular is available to registered Image-Line users.
More information: Image-Line / Minihost Modular
Image-Line has announced that its MiniSynth for FL Studio is now available for beta testing.
MiniSynth is a fully featured synthesizer with a low processor overhead and great sound. There are 6 tabs covering the synthesizer controls making it perfect when working with a touch interface (for which it was designed) or for the new user learning how to program synthesizers.
MiniSynth is also included with FL Studio Mobile and will be used when converting FL Studio Mobile projects to FL Studio format (FL Studio 11.0.5 not yet released). Even if you don’t use FL Studio Mobile, you will find MiniSynth a great addition to your library.
The MiniSynth beta is available to download from the Looptalk forum.
More information: Image-Line / MiniSynth beta